Forum › The Moon on a Rainy Night discussion

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I don’t really have the vocabulary to describe how ableist Rinne is being but wow, I really hate her

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 3:16PM

joined May 1, 2015

The audacity of this bitch lmao.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What did the poor umbrella do to you...?

Telling Rinne that she wouldn't mind being used or deceived if it's Saki was very close to a confession there...

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I don’t really have the vocabulary to describe how ableist Rinne is being but wow, I really hate her

"Hey! You can't use my sister's disability to feel better about yourself! That's my job!"

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Thank goodness, Saki isn't going to feel as pressured to out herself. At the same time she may feel more accepted. "So long as Saki is the one who does it, I don't mind being used or deceived by her" is a lot of leeway and proves Kanon has some kinda love, platonic or not. Maybe Kanon recognizes that Saki is sometimes uncomfortable and hiding something, and ignores it because Saki is somewhat pure ? (rereading without being so cynical and yeah... the mood is just getting so good between them)

Rinne was ended rightly, and so quickly! This story runs at lightspeed compared to Kuzushiro's other ongoing manga.

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 4:13PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yep that was 100% a confession without saying it you don't say you don't mind being used by someone if it's x person and not mean it at least in some kind of loving fashion.

Also I get where the sister is coming from she doesn't want to see Saki hurt like she was in the past but at least give a girl a chance before you just flat out tell her to piss off lol.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm glad that bratty sister got shut down, I find her...very frustrating.

joined Jan 11, 2014

This manga is just simply too good, so I went ahead and got the raw and that means at this stage I have finished chapter 8 (end of volume 2). Obviously I cannot write any spoilers. But I can tell you that what Rinne did in Chapter 6.5, would ended up creating an unexpected but understandable effect in chapter 7. That in turn also started the very first sign of what Ressey, who commented two posts above mine, wrote. indeed. VERY GAY and VERY PLEASED., which is very clear by chapter 8. Anyway, keep reading this manga, you will not be disappointed at all.

Thank you for telling us. Amen

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I've never heard the term "associated sibling" before, but when used in that fashion ... yeah. Not a good look, Rinne.

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn that "I don't mind being used as long as it is her" sounds like a confession to me. either with platonic or romantic intention, I hope it turns out more gayer on the following chapters*v*.Super excited for it!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I've never heard the term "associated sibling" before, but when used in that fashion ... yeah. Not a good look, Rinne.

yeah she pretty much exclusively brings it up because she wants to clown on Saki so it should not come as a surprise that Kanon does not appreciate it one little bit.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Kanon has been dropping hints left and right all along. Telling Rinne about she has no problem being used by Saki is another big hint. Enjoy chapter 8!

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

I've always thought of Kuzushiro as an author who ends their stories with unsatisfying open endedness until I realized it's literally because I haven't read an ending to a manga by them even once.

well this is ominous

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

allmarbleslost posted:

I've always thought of Kuzushiro as an author who ends their stories with unsatisfying open endedness until I realized it's literally because I haven't read an ending to a manga by them even once.

well this is ominous

It's incredible, Kuzushiro has like 5 mangas and I don't think any of them has been finished or completely translated lo/ there's even one about Shogi! some works are updated more often than the others.

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 10:21PM

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like Rinne is being a massive ableist

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

This manga is just simply too good, so I went ahead and got the raw and that means at this stage I have finished chapter 8 (end of volume 2). Obviously I cannot write any spoilers. But I can tell you that what Rinne did in Chapter 6.5, would ended up creating an unexpected but understandable effect in chapter 7. That in turn also started the very first sign of what Ressey, who commented two posts above mine, wrote. indeed. VERY GAY and VERY PLEASED., which is very clear by chapter 8. Anyway, keep reading this manga, you will not be disappointed at all.

This convinced me to get the raws too and chapter 8 is glorious. Very gay and very pleased indeed.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Damn I love Rinne, she's just out there enjoying her best life and trying to start shit with everyone for no reason. I mean, what kind of person casually says this?

This image pretty much sumps her up:

She has an umbrella in the middle of the rain. She could use it to keep herself dry, but she won't. Because she doesn't want to.

She'll stalk you, insult you, low-key threaten you. Then she will get mildly offended because you ignored her and will complain about your audacity.

Absolutely majestic character, 10/10 never change Inouto-chan. Seeing Kanon verbally smack her down by sheer gayness was so satisfying.

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

It was so satisfying seeing her tell her sister to piss off and how she defended Saki was kinda badass(also didn't realize it sounded like a confession until reading the discussions but now I'm just fangirling over this and really hoping they realize this manga where I live so I can buy it).

Anyway, now kiss.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

Just discovered this manga and really loved it so far, both the disability rep and the characters and story itself. The comments above from people who can read the raws gives me a lot of hope for chapters 7.5 and 8, so really looking forward!

Was feeling quite happy going into the comments sections until I clicked through them. And wow I am in pain:
- People getting worked up about Kanon's response about not using sign language sounding too fake. Wat?
- People panicking over Miura-sensei, calling him subhuman ("man-thing"), fearing that Kanon would somehow fall in love with him (wtf?). I get that some older mangas have made some questionable choices to motivate the story, but Miura did absolutely nothing to warrant all the hate and suspicion (calling out a student for sleeping in class is absolutely nothing).
- Weird debate over how this manga is not yuri enough and should stay as subtext, even after Saki made it clear she had massive crushes on both her old piano teacher and would like to gay-marry Kanon.
- There's more but whatever

I wish there was some sort of mute function so I could mute certain users and not see their comments (until I manually choose to expand them). Of course, this is Dynasty, so I'm not expecting such a feature anytime soon. This is not a jab against the site btw. This is my primary manga site, and I love the work you guys have done over the years especially for yuri, but I know not to expect the forums to become more advanced.

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 6:29AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love this manga, the storytelling is on point. Let's see Saki talk about her "ulterior motives" in the next chapter and being all surprised Pikachu when Kanon turns out gay for her as well (I haven't actually looked at the raws, so this is just how I picture things going)

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

I love how the sister just came to existence out of nowhere, there were no indications that she had a sister or that she was there this whole time, neither her or her mom cared enough to mention her, she just exist now and that's it lol

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 1:28PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I love how the sister just came to existence out of nowhere, there were no indications that she had a sister or that she was there this whole time, neither her or her mom cared enough to mention her, she just exist now and that's it lol

"Is this what's called a retcon?"

"It was just off panel!"

joined Aug 23, 2011
  • People panicking over Miura-sensei, calling him subhuman ("man-thing"), fearing that Kanon would somehow fall in love with him (wtf?). I get that some older mangas have made some questionable choices to motivate the story, but Miura did absolutely nothing to warrant all the hate and suspicion (calling out a student for sleeping in class is absolutely nothing).

People are projecting their salt onto the teacher. Kanon is shown fangirling over a male character then getting blushy over the teacher. Then she was both relieved and a bit irritated that teacher didn't give her special treatment, implying if it's for him she wants to be special. Needless to say, the implication is a bit much for some people on a yuri website reading yuri tagged manga to handle.

Spoilers for ch8:
I haven't read ch8 but it's been spoilered by several people. I thought Kanon being straight/bi could be a possibility until the spoilers. I get you lot are excited, we live in exciting times after all, but please use spoiler tags in the future.

• Weird debate over how this manga is not yuri enough and should stay as subtext, even after Saki made it clear she had massive crushes on both her old piano teacher and would like to gay-marry Kanon.

Saki is full on "if I fall for another straight girl I'ma go full on ar15 incel" gay. Lmoa talk about bad luck (for a fictional character), being both self aware and constantly falling for straight girls.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

People are projecting their salt onto the teacher. Kanon is shown fangirling over a male character then getting blushy over the teacher. Then she was both relieved and a bit irritated that teacher didn't give her special treatment, implying if it's for him she wants to be special. Needless to say, the implication is a bit much for some people on a yuri website reading yuri tagged manga to handle.

I didn't get that read at all. The special treatment thing was all regarding her disability and how people usually act towards her because of it. It didn't feel like Kanon had any expectations towards him in an emotional sense at all. Imo that fluster just came from her being torn between wanting to be treated like everyone else but also admitting to herself that getting special treatment is smth she's come to be used to so it threw her off

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019
  • People getting worked up about Kanon's response about not using sign language sounding too fake. Wat?

I do think Kanon's reaction at the start were a bit over dramatic, and it was made even weirder by how suddenly she shifted to super friendly.
And I think presenting the sister as so unpleasant (almost maniacal) continues this pattern :P I guess it's just a thing this manga likes to do, playing up these extremes. Not necessarily bad, maybe just a bit jarring at places.

Now that I mentioned it, I wonder if the sister will flip to friendly as easily as Kanon did.

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 12:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.