Forum › The Moon on a Rainy Night discussion

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i just hope she doesn't get a crush on her teacher, please don't
and now saki got an obstacle, the little sister
author is giving no chill

joined Mar 23, 2022

please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher.

joined Mar 23, 2022

please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher please don't get a crush on your teacher.

joined Mar 23, 2022

I hope we don't get another hibike euphonium route in here, the way she will ended up falling for her teacher.

joined Jan 11, 2014

This!!!!!

joined Aug 13, 2021

She totally has a crush on the teacher.
It's gonna be one of those stories.
u.u

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

A little sister that phased into existence just to cockblock. Yuri can truly be a cruel goddess

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Date the sister!

joined Mar 24, 2021

Still feel like the teacher is a red herring

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This has this weird Non-Yuri feeling to it and the progression...and I honestly can't for the life of me figure out the tone or where it's headed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

This has this weird Non-Yuri feeling to it and the progression...and I honestly can't for the life of me figure out the tone or where it's headed.

The protagonist is very very very gay, but there's only a one side romance so far

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

FluffyCow posted:

The protagonist is very very very gay, but there's only a one side romance so far

I definitely want to believe, and believe that this will end in a gay romance between the two lead girls. I guess I've just been burned over the years by situations where at least one character is obviously gay, but then the author goes "no". I'm sure many people on here can relate to this experience haha

Lucifer Gordon
joined Aug 9, 2021

FluffyCow posted:

I definitely want to believe, and believe that this will end in a gay romance between the two lead girls. I guess I've just been burned over the years by situations where at least one character is obviously gay, but then the author goes "no". I'm sure many people on here can relate to this experience haha

hahahha Totally agree with you.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

As far as for the moment I have no doubt that this manga is a real yuri and will have the ending that suits it (between the two protagonists), as much I feel that there will be for sure a crush problem with the teacher and I find the rhythm of this manga quite slow so I'm afraid that we will have that for a lot of chapters, it might be difficult to read sometimes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Still feel like the teacher is a red herring

The same teacher who people were convinced was a creep who was going to make a move on her? How did that work out, anyway?

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Next chapter , Sakis' foot forcefully connecting with little sis's ass.

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 8:43AM

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Ngl, by the way that things are going now, this probably shouldn't have the Yuri tag on it until actual confirmation, lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ngl, by the way that things are going now, this probably shouldn't have the Yuri tag on it until actual confirmation, lol

Yuri on Dynasty means a story where a girl is in love with a girl. Reciprocation or an eventual relationship is not a requirement.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay please let it be gay

Oh, did I mention I hope she doesn't develop a crush on the teacher?

And on the topic of the little sister, I get the feeling someone did that in the past and really hurt Kanon, which has made Rinne really protective of her. That's my initial thought, anyway. Whether that's true or she's just a threat to the yuri remains to be seen

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Yuri on Dynasty means a story where a girl is in love with a girl. Reciprocation or an eventual relationship is not a requirement.

So far neither of them has shown explicit love interest on each other sooo...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's Kuzushiro we talking about. Don't you remember My Brother's wife or not ? Shit can take a long time before going explicit

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 1:30PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, right:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_moon_on_a_rainy_night_ch2_5#11

Just for openers.

I know that discussions on the “It’s not yuri!” issue are usually dead ends, but I will say that “explicit” is doing a lot of heavy lifting up there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Eh, I'd say the end of 4.5 was pretty clear about Saki's feelings for Kanon being of the same kind as her feelings were for her previous piano teacher. Especially considering her thoughts about the marriage sign.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Yeah, right:

Just for openers.

I know that discussions on the “It’s not yuri!” issue are usually dead ends, but I will say that “explicit” is doing a lot of heavy lifting up there.

Fair I believe
But what I was trying to say is that having the Yuri tag on it while it's still is a grey area, it might keep people's hope up for something that might not happen
I know that using Hibike Euphonium as a example already has become annoying and it's overused, we are all tired of that, but there isn't anything else that fits this besides that. Kumiko and Reina called each other beautiful and did pretty explicit intimate gestures to each other multiple times, and in the end, neither of them had anything for each other besides being someone that was intriguing to each other
I know that this will lead to nowhere, I don't expect the tags to be really changed, I was just trying to show a point. I still hope that i'm worng and this actually turns out to be Yuri

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, right:

Just for openers.

Fair I believe
But what I was trying to say is that having the Yuri tag on it while it's still is a grey area, it might keep people's hope up for something that might not happen
I know that using Hibike Euphonium as a example already has become annoying and it's overused, we are all tired of that, but there isn't anything else that fits this besides that. Kumiko and Reina called each other beautiful and did pretty explicit intimate gestures to each other multiple times, and in the end, neither of them had anything for each other besides being someone that was intriguing to each other
I know that this will lead to nowhere, I don't expect the tags to be really changed, I was just trying to show a point. I still hope that i'm worng and this actually turns out to be Yuri

OK, fair enough. I'm just saying that, given the Dynasty criteria for the yuri tag, this gets one pretty easily. On the other hand, I think a series like A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow stayed subtext even though there were lots of implicit signals that it might, could, maybe, even probably, would go all the way yuri.

But in regard to Kanon, Saki is, as they used to say, warm for her form, full stop.

To reply you must either login or sign up.