Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:07
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eytpbfsweamyky8-orig

I'm surprised Overwatch is still popular enough to get Yuri fanart

It's art direction is one of the main things it has going for it, even if the game's popularity wains. Honestly, most of the stuff that leads to fanart isn't even part of the game.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:04
joined Aug 1, 2011
Diantha

^What if the glowsticks are filled with glow in the dark lube?

Two words: Plastic Shards, because the contents aren't the only concern.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:03
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exkc-8pwqaqups6-orig

It has to be Ryoko in the middle, because Mako isn't enough of a useless lesbian. She'd have already gone for it by the time you could give her the encouragement.

joined Aug 1, 2011

There's just nothing here to hold on to; it's about a relationship that barely exists and two people who seem to be pretty happy with it that way.

Seems to sum up what this story is all about.

Which I don't think is a bad thing? The main message is that they still care about each other, appreciate each other, think of each other, but they don't always need to be around each other or always talking. I think the relationship humble and wholesome.

I think that's a large part of what these last few chapters have been trying to get across: Their relationship doesn't have a lot of the hallmarks you'd expect from a traditional marriage, because they're not trying to fit into a mold. Karumi's personality type and work don't really fit well into a ... let's call it a Hallmark marriage, since that's what people seem to be expecting. Trying to constrain her to one probably wouldn't end well, regardless of who it's with, but Ruriko doesn't seem to place much value on those things either, so giving them to her wouldn't be a real benefit.

Instead, what we're seeing is them creating a structure that works for who they are, rather than what other people expect. Karumi may be physically absent more often, she also frequently thinks of Ruriko and what she would like. More than that a lot of what we see is her subtly attempting to make their time together more meaningful or to share things that are important to her, even if this behavior isn't explicitly called out and she doesn't consciously realize she's doing it.

Take Ruriko's walk home, this chapter, as an example. It's filled with memories of Karumi excitedly sharing something with her, despite the other girl not being there. You could view those scenes as showing how head-over-heals she is for Karumi, while Karumi is only focused on things she likes, but I don't think that really lines up with thoughts like "Just by walking around, I get little bits and pieces of the world Karumi-san lives in. It's a really lovely feeling."

Karumi engages with the world in a way most people don't and she brings a lot of that back to Ruriko, because she wants to share her experiences with the person she cares about. She tells Ruriko about the book and the movie, not because she enjoyed them, but because she things Ruriko will too and because she wants to have that shared experience with her. She tells Ruriko that she's craving curry not because she wants to eat some — she's more capable of eating out on her own —, but because she want to eat curry with Ruriko.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

No. Bad Mistress. If your cat maid is nocturnal, have her work at night. Forcing people with different circadian cycles to work normal hours, when those hours aren't necessary for their jobs, is just mean.

joined Aug 1, 2011

And that's what happens when you don't read Asimov

It's worth mentioning that Asimov's stories were largely about how his famous laws don't work, and generally cause problems.

joined Aug 1, 2011

It wouldn't be an Ikeda Takashi yuri if there wasn't at least a little bit of angst now would it? Interesting to see where this casual relationship goes, if this will change anything in the long run.

Ataru's line saying she can afford to take things slowly because Kyouko's hot, especially coming immediately after Kyuoko's line, makes it pretty clear that she's angling for a more serious relationship, despite her tough girl act. Similarly, Kyouko's clearly dissatisfied with the state of her faux-relationship and one sided feelings.

The current state of affairs in unstable, so I think it's almost guaranteed things will be changing sooner, rather than later. That change could be Rei deciding she has actual feelings for Kyouko and the two of them getting together for real, but that seems unlikely without some sort of major shakeup and because it would be a real anti-climax for Ataru's ark. I think the most likely scenario is Kyouko and Ataru get together and that causes Rei to realize what she what she could have had and how much she regrets the missed opportunity.

That said, I'm really rooting for the dark horse option: Rei realizes her feelings, but and all three of them go the poly route.

Omega Deuse
Date Night discussion 04 Apr 20:51
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am very much enjoying both the characters and the art style. I think the color palette is what really does it for me, though the Tattoos and freckles definitely don't hurt.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

That's the tattoo she wanted? Weird choice...

I wonder if it's supposed to be Ein from Cowboy Bebop, but I'm not sure. He's definitely a famous corgi, but he has a slightly darker coat and I could have sworn I've seen an orange corgi in an anime before, I just can't remember which one.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:42
joined Aug 1, 2011
88132285_p0

It's cool and all... But where are the hands? Can't really see them

The tattooed girl's hands are reaching under the other girl's shirt. Her arms kind-of get lost in the black on black of her dress.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:40
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eewaf4ixoaaqh1w-orig

Speaking of which, here's some official Ochako x Toga art (which is what inspired me request this picture in the first place).

Huh. Have they done any for Momo x Kyoka? It seemed like it would be a bigger thing, given some of the earlier openings.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:37
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exebn7ju4airyme-orig

@ I guess its meant to be light?

Also- drawing good looking rain and a wet environment is pretty hard and takes effort lol
(more than you might wanna put into a meme/gag image?)

Eh. Everything looks pretty dry, there's a decent amount of lighting, and the background's shade in autumn colors (rather than rainy greys and blues). I'm not familiar with this series, but it could be a play on the imagery surrounding lovers sharing an umbrella. (Sort-of like how you'll occasionally see two characters write their names under an umbrella symbol in some anime.)

My other guess would be some sort of sun shade, but it doesn't seem like the right type of umbrella and it still wouldn't really match the fall scenery.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:29
joined Aug 1, 2011
Mochi547_87694394_p1

Honestly, what was she doing holding her skirt up like that if she wasn't trying to tempt Reimu? That's like leaving a bottle of Sake out and not expecting an Oni to come by and drink it.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:27
joined Aug 1, 2011
Evmbugvxuaicrcb-orig%20(1)

No! You should have a sexy nurse outfi for free, every one should have a sexy nurse outfit!
We have to seize the means of production!!!!!

Wait, is that what they mean by Universal Health Care and socialized medicine? Because, if so, sign me up!

I mean, I was already onboard for those things before the free sexy nurses, but I'm not going to say 'no' to such a lovely bonus.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:24
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exxsznuweaa8w4a-orig

Raven x Jinx definitely felt like a bigger thing in the show, but Raven x Fire seems to be MUCH bigger in fan art.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Mar 04:01
joined Aug 1, 2011

You can tell the girl on the left is cool 'cause she's wearing her jacket on her shoulders. A telltale cool person sign.

'Tis one of the quintessential cool but impractical looks. It's like wearing a cape without actually needing a cape!

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 4:02AM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Mar 04:00
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exdiptxucaqxxoh-orig

So were they Yandere for each other and just murdered a bunch of people that their counterpart was never interested to begin with? Did they get jellous of each other's victims because their partner was spending too much time focusing on them and plotting to kill them so they couldn't steal their lover?

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's quite interesting how it was definitely bullying from how everyone saw it and how it affected everyone and especially Ruri, but Shizuku genuinely believed all the time she was doing something good, all out of misunderstanding comments made about her and taking pride in what she thought were her positive qualities.

Regardless of what Shizuku thought about it, she did bully Ruri. And it's a shame she ended up running away instead of apologizing and trying to make up for it. Honestly, it's hard to root for her when all she's doing is feeling sorry for herself. That's not very sympathetic.

She's not just feeling sorry for herself, she's been utterly broken by guilt, to the extent of shunning almost any human contact whatsoever and

That's what it means to feel sorry for oneself. She's self-absorbed. She's focusing on her guilt, her issues, and because of that she doesn't realize Ruri was the one who was suffering the most. Rather than looking inwards and feeling sorry for herself, she should try to do something for Ruri who was the real victim here.

Even now, she just wants to apologize just to feel better about herself, to feel less guilty. She shoud be wondering what happened to Ruri all those years instead. What if her shitty attitude ended traumatizing the poor girl? She doesn't even think about that.

This happened when she was in 5th grade, so when she was 10 or 11, and it's now 5 years later.

Yes, Ruri was the victim of the bullying and, ideally, Shizuku should have tried to do something to make up for it or make things right after it happened. However, realistically, 10/11 Shizuku did not have that level of emotional intelligence or people skills; if she did, none of this would have happened. She also wouldn't have really had a viable path to doing something to make up for her behavior; 10 year olds don't exactly have much in the way of resources or skills and, at that age, bullying Ruri for only a year would still equate to harming her over a full 10th of her life. That's not an easy thing to make up for and it's pretty easy to understand Shizuku running away and trying to avoid ever doing the same thing again.

As for the present, it's been half a lifetime for the both of them. Should she be wondering about how Ruri's life has gone since? Maybe, but that's enough time for them both to have completely changed, for their living conditions to have completely changed, and for the effects of the bullying to have been dwarfed by countless other events.

That last bit is actually a large part of Shizuku's problem: Because of her self imposed isolation and focus on her bullying, she doesn't have half a lifetime's worth of experience to dampen and give context to her memories. If the bullying damaged 1/10th of Ruri's life, it has consumed 1/3rd of Shizuku's. Ruri may have been traumatized, but we saw another student defending her at the end of that memory, so it's also possible she had the tools and resources to move past her trauma. Shizuku, on the other hand, was definitely traumatized and she hasn't been able to overcome it because the way she tried to make up for her behavior deprived her of any tools or resources that could have helped.

To be clear, that doesn't mean Ruri was somehow in the wrong or Shizuku is somehow absolved of her sins. She is the one who hurt Ruri, albeit out of ignorance rather than malice, and if she was traumatized by anything it was her own behavior. Thing is, that doesn't make her trauma any less real or meaningful.

Should she be concerned about Ruri's current life? In an ideal world, sure. But it's not going to be possible for her to meaningfully consider that until she no longer considers literally killing herself to be the best course of action. Focusing on how to move forward is the first step in that process. More holistic concerns like "has Ruri actually gotten over it" and "is there anything I can do to help her or make up for my earlier behavior" can come later.

Honestly, any legitimate attempt to show concern for Ruri or make it up to her would probably need to start with Shizuku writing an apology and seeking forgiveness even if she was in a better mental place. Again, it's been 5 years and that's half a 10 year old's lifetime. Any thoughts about Ruri's current state would be nothing more than fantasies designed to either assuage her ego or, more likely, castigate herself and justify even more self hatred.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Well this was a great manga while it lasted. I sure hope someone else picks this up. I'll buy a physical version of this, but I'm not buying tickets to read 10 pages at a time.
Edit: Seriously, fuck coolmic. You can't view their site on a desktop browser, only a mobile one, and they aren't even accepting new subscription members at the moment. They're creating a false shortage of the privilege of giving them money.

So it's been "licensed" but not in any useful way. That's unfortunate.

joined Aug 1, 2011

There is so much that I like about this oneshot, but having a scene where adoptive parents actually discuss their adoption with their kid and it's treated as important, but not earth shattering, will always be near the top of my list. Also, all of their reactions felt very real to me.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Valkyrie has some serious Killy vibes, not that Blame! is a bad style to follow. Quite the contrary, I want more of it!

Omega Deuse
Kill Switch discussion 22 Mar 00:14
joined Aug 1, 2011

While the MC is definitely acting like a dumb-ass, Hwayeon is also acting pretty sketchy. I mean, she opened by saying there's a rumor that the motorcycle girl has been beating people up and only later did she clarify "oh yeah, I meant she hit me in the face once." Now, obviously, even that isn't good, but it's a pretty far cry from her original story, which makes it odd that she didn't start with it, especially since it seems to be true.

She also seems fairly manipulative when it comes to the MC, especially with that sex scene that she arranged for the bike girl to see and the way she tried to use it to scare the MC into avoiding the bike girl.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Although Al does not know, she actually isnt a genius at all. Considering she has her memories of her previous life, which seems to be in our world, coming up with something like that would be childs play. I have yet to read a coherent fantasy story that gives humans more possibilities than our world. Shes basically using the knowledge and wits of the best of our world, of course it would take someone extraordinary from theirs to match that.

(i mean blowing a tree to shreds? Killing a dragon? We have the power of the sun right here... its just not very practical, sinc eits a bit too strong.)

Knowledge of the modern world definitely helps, but I think you're discounting Anne-Sophia's achievements a little bit too heavily. I mean, forget nuclear power, if you were suddenly dropped into a medieval setting with only the barest inklings of magi-tech starting to emerge and no direct access to magic for yourself, would you be able to build an efficient internal combustion engine? You probably understand the basic concept behind the device, but would be able to translate that into designing, and manufacturing, working parts from scratch, all while adjusting it for vastly different material and fuel characteristics? I'd wager that, without a background as a mechanic or engineer it would be pretty difficult.

On top of that, a lot of her inventions aren't just magical versions of modern tech. Her magic broom, blade-less sword, tiny shield, and her gift to Euphilia are all novel artifacts without real-world counterparts. Sure, she might have been inspired to create them based on media from the real world, but that's a far cry from starting with a functional blueprint and no guarantee that any of them are actually possible in her specific fantasy setting.

Put another way, Einstein isn't less of a genius because he was able to start from the works of Newton, Copernicus, and countless others.Progress is made on the shoulders of giants and the Princess is continuing that tradition.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Mar 23:26
joined Aug 1, 2011
Etbrubuxeaeebbi-orig

This almost seems like a prototype of Black & White, just with slightly different hairstyles and the roles reversed.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Everyone's talking about Lisa, but I can't get over pg.9

"We ain't moving."
"Suit yourself, but I'm still going through that door."

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 4:35PM