Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
Inko-sensei discussion 27 Nov 22:18
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is it bad that I still want an actual Valkyrie manga? The art reminds me of Blame! and I do want a new Blame!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Am I the only one who's bothered by them just sitting on the floor, right next to the adults? I could see them sitting on the floor, further away from the adults, or standing near them, but the combination of proximity and position feels off to me.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E7chopwxoaejldn

Makes sense. Thank you for the explanation, everybody.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E7chopwxoaejldn

If I had a nickel for every egg that got cracked by Touhou, I'd have... okay, tallying that up might take a while.

Does Touhou have a lot of trans themes?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Fhj-yqswaaah5pc

It's always interesting to see recurring characters in these pictures, especially when they're as cool as these two.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 1:26PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, clearly, Aya has been listening to the Studio Killers. They just became friends, and she already wants to ruin it.

The biggest crime is knowing that, as much as this series deserves an anime adaptation, it will probably never get one. Would definitely love to see the story fleshed out more and fill in some of the time jumps. Like when she figured out Koga's true identity. It feels like she went from not having a clue to suddenly knowing.

We actually got that scene? Aya saw the playlist she sent 'Onii-san' on Koga's phone and panicked, and in the leadup to that she kept getting small flashes of Koga reminding her of 'Onii-san'.

I'm still following this, but I think it's impressive (not in a good way) that this story manages to feel really dragged out while being served only 4 pages at a time... and sometimes said 4 pages don't tell what is happening too clearly.

I want to like it, with cool art and all that, but it keeps falling short for me.

I feel ya. I am impressed as well

With each chapter, much of the time I'm left thinking "That's it??". Often covers very little and then jumps to the next day with the next chapter.

Gotta say I'm not feeling what you folks are. I don't really have expectations that a lot is going to happen in a 4 page chapter. If you took 8 of these chapters and strung them into a single 32-page monthly-manga style chapter, it would be a chapter where a bunch happened.

The author's painting with whitespace, which is less common in written works, but I like it for this story and I'm not sure if a more explicit, an slower paced, telling would work as well.

Edit: Apparently the forum doesn't like emojis? That's a bit unfortunate.

last edited at Nov 14, 2022 3:18AM

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Really, I don't know what Lux was expecting, trying to get Jinx to express her emotions in a form that doesn't involve explosions or arson.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

If I had a nickel for every yuri manga where a high school girl starts training to become a pastry chef to feed her lover I’d have two nickels, which isnt a lot but its weird that it happened twice

this is exactly what popped into my head thank you

Oh lol
What is the other one again?

Chatting at the Amber Tearoom, I believe.

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse. I remember reading that and Sasameki Koto WAY back when. The author also had a neat crossover thing going with their other series, Alice Quartet. Unfortunately, some of their series never got fully translated and it seems like they haven't done any new series, recently.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Yamasuke040-1583798310338326530-img1

I think that's true for just about every ship with any degree of popularity. There are a lot more fan artists than there are scenes in most shows.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Mojiiii222-1586305962637680640-img1

That jacket seems less than ideal.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Chirunuru-1584370995930230785-img1

Miorine has so much angry energy in her little body.

That's fairly common. The lack of size helps to concentrate the angry energy.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ooooh, more Kamen Rider references:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_school_re_reincarnation_ch10#5

That card gun is VERY similar to KR Diend's Diendriver from KR Decade. Also the Spirit Golem is clearly inspired by old-school mecha anime (and more modern revivals of that like SSSS.Gridman which this specifically reminds me of).

Huh. I figured that was supposed to be a Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Https___twitter.com_i_web_status_678611919159209984-img1%20(1)

Ristel! There was never enough of these two.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Brmameng-1582745326514905088-img1

I feel like there's a reference I'm missing?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I missed chapter 9 when it first came out, but now that I've read it I'm reminded of how tragic Soara's backstory is and how she hasn't really been allowed to move on from it, despite traveling with the dwarves and experiencing various fluffy things. A large part of the problem is that no one seems to acknowledge what she went through or what that means for her; they just moved on with their lives and expect her to fit into the new paradigm. Consequently, she hasn't had any chance at closure.

A particularly stark example of this was the introduction of the 3 generals. The dwarves react with, understandable, fear, but they also expect Soara to react the same way, rather than try to assure her that a fight isn't necessary or that they aren't here as enemies. I don't recall how much Soara has told the Dwarves about her past, so they may not know that she was specifically trained to defeat the Dark Lord, but at a minimum they should realize that she comes from a very deprived environment, is exceptionally powerful, and that her first reaction to danger or perceived hostility is to confront it. They just never seem to take that into account, except for when her strength is useful to them.

The picnic with the Dark Lord is even worse. He's the figure Soara has been raised to view as a hated enemy, someone thoroughly steeped in violence, without any claim to a peaceful life, just like her. However, unlike her, he's moved on and found a home that she has never allowed. Throughout the chapter, everyone treats Soara's distrust and unease as just her being quirky and weird, as if it's coming from out of nowhere, rather than a legitimate reaction; the dwarves even chastise her for being rude, but those are totally reasonable reactions for someone in her position and I hope her past gets addressed soon.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Speaking about baggage, that beautician who's doing Xiaoen's nails seems to come from some kind of bad emotional experience in his past. The dialogue between them is ambiguous, but that much seems clear.

If it wasn't for the context of the plot I would speculate he's gay. (Yes I know, typecasting male beauticians, sorry; but somehow his conversation scene with Xiaoen struck me as a gay man + female friend scene.) But in a small town, against the background of a homophobic society, him being gay would be an enormous issue and everyone would be talking about it, which is not the case.... so I must be wrong.

I was super busy yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to gush about Bai!! First impression is this is someone who's insightful—I'm glad Bai saw through Mu's words about Peachtown "not being good enough yet". I wonder if Mu was told that by someone she liked in the past?? She seems to really take it to heart, and while I think it's admirable that she's dedicated her daily life to improving her town, I really want to know what's motivating that connection so strongly.

Also, did anyone peep Shi's little neck tattoo?! So cute!! The silent longing and subtle distance between them was nice too, in its own way—very realistic for closeted sapphics.

Huh. Now you have me wondering if Xiaoen might be trying to make the town more accepting of ... less conforming people. She certainly seems to have a great deal of influence and it seems like something that would fit her personality. It also might explain the relatively positive reaction most of her staff had to her rather obvious crush.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why does Chibi-Kana have a dot in the center of her forehead?

Also, could this be a hint that the moe blob is actually competent, when she's not getting everyone else to dote on her?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
2079365_afrobull_patron-requests-august-1-2

Mmm. Still prefer the ones with her and Ash's mom. We need more of those.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

"it’s quite possible Evie would remember"

curious

Yeah. Remember what? What does Elsa know about Evie that even Evie herself doesn't??

My improbable guess is that Elsa also got isekaied and they were dating or knew each other on earth.

I'm pretty sure we've already seen some stuff that contradicts this theory, but I wouldn't have called it an improbably guess if I actually thought it was accurate.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I don't remember the football fish fiasco. Which chapter was that?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This may have been the first time I’ve seen the literal term “prince” used for a girl with long hair.

There have been plenty of long-haired “perfect” students whom everyone adores, of course, but usually people called “princes” have at least medium-length hair if not an androgynous short cut.

That’s maybe the only way this deviates from standard-issue tropes, but we shall see where it goes.

Utena was likened to a prince fairly frequently and had long, pink, hair.

2 I hope the transfer student noticed something beyond the looks to approach her so boldly, why are you so insistent that it has to be her? I would like to know.

I think what she noticed was "She looks lonely and you all are being super creepy."

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why would her first immediate thought be "this lady is crazy" and not "she must have some sort of illness"

To be fair, that wasn't the only odd part of her request. She was treating the MC like a famous voice actress or, at least, someone getting a lot of work and who's talents are in demand, when it would be clear to anyone who's heard of them that they're functionally a nobody. There's also the way she contacted the MC, out of the blue, and the collaboration portion of the request.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I like this manga with each chapter more =o)
thanks a lot for the translation!
but I've a question: in ch. 5, in page 12,
isn't the order of the list incorrect? not nude peoples are the hardest to draw, it's people in clothes that are the hardest to draw, because wrinkles are not easy to draw (depending on accuracy). at least that's my impression when I try to draw people ;o) and the teacher sounds somewhat similar in this chapter. but at the same time she tells him that he's doing it in the wrong order.... so maybe it's still right?

The folds and wrinkles in clothing are based on the underlying bone and muscle structure, but not all muscle groups and bones will meaningfully affect a clothed figure's appearance. For example, if you're drawing a person in a loose shirt, you don't need to worry about properly replicating their abs and ribs. I also suspect you can get away with more errors in clothing than you can a nude and still have it look mostly ok to a passing observer. Humans are just wired to be really good at noticing anything off about human bodies and that level of detailed observation doesn't carry over to other subjects nearly as well.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

If anything, the fact that she was using a toy sword should make it more impressive.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Oh no, it's evil Yvonne, or as we in the business call them, Edgy Evie.

Umbreon?