Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 06 Nov 16:10
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Fdh3dhouuamxtzd-orig

Ah, Nonon×Satsuki. I was always shocked there wasn't more of this paring.

Also, speaking of Nonon's shoulder, it seems Satsuki is a biter.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

She's got super sparkly eyes and Reimu shoves her back into that mode after ahe stumbles out of it due to her broom breaking but is it symbolic or some actual state she's in?

It could be an art error, but her broom wasn't broken at the end, so either she has some way to fix it or that was a flashback. Maybe Marrissa didn't lose her magic so much as her confidence in it, hence her need to look into other methods and the weird state her mushrooms seem to have put her in.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why aren't all the "one shots" with this couple part of a series?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 21 Oct 05:35
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Fb-gfsauyaeljpg-orig

Looks like Reimu is trying to stuff a ball gag into Aya's mouth, except that she forgot the "gag" part and just grabbed the ball.

That's what tape is for.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

go buy it here https://comic-boost.com/series/289
it's very cheap but i also don't know how the author gains money since you buy coins then use those coins for chapters

and since it's been pointed out things get rampant without constant reminders check out the forum rules before making posts that won't be tolerated kay thanks enjoy the idols

Didn't your credits page say that "buying" several chapters just mean renting them for a few days? That doesn't sound like a business model that should be supported.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Pretty sure the author just announced a "Season 2" on Twitter! Seems like new chapters will start next week
https://twitter.com/ekawata_kiw/status/1443789808766050313

Woo. I'm glad to hear that, both because I definitely want to see more of their story and because if that would be a really melancholy chapter to end things on, if it was just a one-off bonus.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 12 Oct 17:06
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E-nuql_weay9fcy-orig

"We don't even have planes here. Those are fairies."

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 02 Oct 20:25
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dpxdq7wuqaay4la-orig

It's too bad the comic where FN Gawain and these two isn't on here. Annoyed/protective Nito is fun.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is there any reason the dark-haired girl's arms disappeared in the last few pages? That was weird as fuck.

Her friend got hungry. I think she's just holding her arms behind her back.

the npcs are bunnies, i hope the vendors too

The vendor we saw was a human. That said, I'm not sure the bunnies are as simple as just NPCs being represented as bunnies, since one of the MCs had to squat down to interact with them and some of the buildings in the background were definitely ... unusual.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's probably obvious but an ooya is a landlady/landlord. So it's every month, with garden, with landlady. also, while it's true there are a lot of idol and mangaka yuris, there was also bright and cheery amnesia with a blue collar wife, and one of the one-shots? had one partner be a bus driver. Also this makes me a little nostalgic for Octave.

I thought the romanized title sounded better (all words ending in tsuki), instead of the raw translation in English (Monthly, with garden, with landlord).

Even the official English title, "monthly / with garden / with Ooya" that some Japanese editor thought was a nice idea to add looks clunky to me.

Ooya is gender-neutral, so I opted for just "landlord" in the text (which I've been said is mostly gender neutral too) and for the romanization for the title.

This made me wonder about using ruby characters (or something similar) in cases where you want/need the romanized version of a word, but actually knowing its meaning is still important. Sort-of like using the characters to convey meaning, instead of pronunciation.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 20 Sep 20:52
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Ebomkdlxoaaqwxi-orig

So, we're going to get to see more of her, right?

Right?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 19 Sep 15:34
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Ey95jsqvgagsreo-orig

Huh. I thought this was Flip Flappers at first.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That was a very cute story, but I wish we had gotten a scene with Marigold interacting with the human assistant, just so we could get some closure on her actually being real, rather than Fujino's delusion.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 11 Sep 05:17
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Sera_91337639_p0

In what world is Magical Girl Dom-Chan not the top?

... I could still see something like this conversation happening, though Alice would be sitting there with an "I'm so done with them" expression.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Sep 02:28
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E-cp6shvkam9dsg-orig

Would the fact that they have a laptop make it not historical, since it's putting a more modern spin on it?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I don't think Yuka was talking about Haru when she said she had a crush, but by the end I'm pretty sure she was all but telling Haru to ask her out. I mean, how else are you supposed to interpret "Why'd you just gotta give up like that?" after Haru pushed her down?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 07 Sep 00:40
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E-c8fukveaauanu-orig

I really need to get around to finishing the VN, but did something happen that's causing a sudden resurgence of fanart?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 31 Aug 13:07
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Hang%20out

Huh. That's interesting. She referred to the Emperor as 'him', but I thought there weren't any males in their world?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ok. This whole thing was cute, but I think the second panel of pg.32 is what cemented it as a favorite.

"Didn't we have a whole conversation about how it's rude to do this?"

"Your right, but shut up."

I need more.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Fiat money has always resulted in runaway inflation of the monetary stock, in turn resulting in runaway inflation of prices.

That is an incredible claim. Do you have a source for it.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That was both a cute and disappointing chapter. We got teased with hints about burgeoning unrest between commoners and nobles, but then we were diverted to a ghost mystery with a fairly obvious twist and little in the way of new insights.

Oh well. The café looks like it would be fun, though I agree with the prince: Couches and books would make for an excellent addition to nearly any café.

As for the scanlator's question at the end (I think they're on here?). I'd prefer there just be one release, rather than an early release followed by a later one. The two-step release makes it much easier to miss it entirely if you don't want to read the draft version. Also, a few days, either way, doesn't seem like it would change much when the periods between releases are both relatively fixed and significantly larger then the gap is likely to be.

Fiat money is a bad thing; in the long run, it is like a game of musical chairs in which most chairs will suddenly be removed all-at-once. And, historically, no state has indefinitely resisted the temptation to inflate fiat currency madly.

You say that as if fiat currencies have existed for more than a few decades. That said, I can't think of many countries that gave into the urge to "inflate the currency madly". At least not ones that weren't already in the process of collapsing. Do you have any data to back up your claim?

A standard based upon just one commodity (such as gold) is far from perfect, and states can debase such currencies; but they don't go to Hell as quickly as does fiat currency.

There are also issues with things like countries leveraging asymmetric trade to drain each other's gold reserves, even if the trade wouldn't otherwise negatively impact their economy, and the monetary supply having literally nothing to do with the productive capacity of the country.

An ideal monetary order would require the elimination of legal-tender laws, and almost certainly have competing issuers of currencies based upon evolving baskets of multiple commodities.

And that causes even more problems, not the least of which are things like company scrip, abusive payment requirements, and an exponentially more complicated tax process.

Currencies, at least in the way your talking about them, are one of those things were "free markets" make absolutely no sense.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 6:52PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am so glad we got more than this.

How is this tagged non-moe art? The characters look cute as heck!

Yeah, one of my complaints with that tag has always been that, in my opinion, it's a bit mistitled for what is intended. From the tag page itself:
"For series whose art is significantly different from what you'd call typical anime style of the modern era."

There probably should be several art style tags, rather than just a singular non-moe tag for everything that isn't the normal style. As it stands, the tag covers far to wide a range to actually be useful.

I doubt it will ever happen, but a more robust tagging system that has room for different categories of tags would probably help with that sort of thing.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 12:06AM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 21 Aug 18:07
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
92090244_p0-1_eng

That is an interesting shirt, in part because you don't see transhumanism explicitly mentioned all that often. Has this author done more works with transhumanism that aren't on here?

Also, I'm not sure if I quite get the suicide dream part, though I could probably take a few guesses. ... Actually, is that shirt a reference to something else?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 21 Aug 18:03
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E9p3zukweaqvwcb-orig

Ah. I love Lin's take on the Touhou characters. They feel more lively and expressive for some reason.

Also, Reimu with dark skin is a great look.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Aug 21:40
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
28903162_p15

So, do those acronyms actually referencing something from the show or are then just KND style acronyms for the sake of it?