Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

"Queer feeling" indeed...

Aww, i was going to post that.

Which also means weird hahaha if some didn’t know xD but i agree

I was actually going to ask about that line. I'm kind-of curious what it was translated from, because queer has two meanings and both could almost work there, but they're also both slightly off.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 5:46PM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 11 Feb 22:10
joined Aug 1, 2011
73044744_p0

Blake and Weiss in the last panel are the best.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 07 Feb 15:06
joined Aug 1, 2011
70599539_p0

Is the series available for streaming anywhere in the US? I've been meaning to finish it.

joined Aug 1, 2011

I find it interesting that we're getting a bit of Koyuki's parents' perspective on their budding relationship.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Is Toreko like part Oni or something? It would certainly explain the stupid strength.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I feel like that kid is going to have some deep seated confusion when he grows up.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I don't think this is quite as dark or twisted as some people are making it out to be. They definitely play it off as bullying in front of others, but I don't think either character actually takes it that way at all.

Like the flower thing would be some pretty major bullying, but the dark hairded girl takes it as being given flowers, going so far as to keeping and taking care of them.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ooyama's facial expressions remind me of Komi from Komi-san.

I don't mind this.

Omega Deuse
Yuri Moyou discussion 21 Jan 03:14
joined Aug 1, 2011

How do you cut your hand more than once in your life? I just can't believe someone is that clumsy. After the first cut you would naturally become more careful and learn how to hold the knife right.
But then we couldn't have the "clumsy, but a hard worker" cliche I guess. lol

(or get one of those newfangled state of the art peelers...)

I still cut myself while cooking, sometimes more than one, I'm not saying it's normal, it's because I'm really stupid... :(

Don't get down on yourself like that. People have a wide variety of levels of motor skills, and a lot of people are careless because of other conditions like ADHD. I don't know what your situation is, but just because you're careless or clumsy while cooking doesn't mean you're stupid.

Thank you for your kind words.

Here is some advice from and ADHD guy who has shaky hands.
1.go slow there's no need to rush.
2.try and start with big produce it's safer to cut as practice.
3. Before you cut check your hand placement.
4. The knife is sharp it can do the work of you let it. Slow back and forth movements with light pressure is all you need.
5. Cut cold it makes things a bit easier.
6. Dip you knife in a bowl of water it will make certain cuts butter smooth.
7. Kitchen shears are great for beginners and good ones can be cheaper then knives.
Now I still cut myslef from time to time literally every person that cooks does. It just comes with the territory.

Two additional tips (from someone else with ADD):

1. When was the last time you ate or slept? When my hands are less steady than I'd like, I can normally point to one of those two things as the culprit. A quick snack and dong something else with your hands for a bit might help.
  2. Make sure the knife actually is sharp; the sharper the better. It might seem paradoxical, but a dull blade (even if it can still cut) is WAY more likely to injure you and it'll just be a pain to work with. If you're going to start cooking more, it's probably a good idea to pick up a decent or good knife sharpener and get in the habit of keeping a good edge on your knives. (Also, as a heads up, if you bought a knife set and it came with a metal rod on a handle, it's likely meant for honing knives, not sharpening them, and trying to use it to sharpen your knives will cause problems.)
Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I would honestly not be surprised if Nikaidou-san turned out to be a super hero

Ridiculous! She's far to hard boiled to be a super hero, outside of maybe Gotham. She is clearly a secret agent.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Oh wow. The art on this awesome.The addition of a single color really adds a lot to it and the occasional small highlights are nice. Does anyone know of any other manga that do something similar?

I've always wondered why manga's almost always done in black and white. I remember getting quite annoyed with Samurai Kyo because a major point was that the main character's eyes would turn red when he switched personalities, in a black and white medium. If they'd done something like this they could have used red to emphasize the background or certain objects and had it leak into his eyes when appropriate.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Jan 02:40
joined Aug 1, 2011
Trust

I actually really wanted her to end up with Mimi, with Cocona as there daughter. I'm a bit sad that relationship just sort-of vanished.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Out of curiosity, does the main character try to take a stance against the school, or does she just stoically/meekly accept it all?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 05 Jan 18:43
joined Aug 1, 2011
5683927_p0

That smug smirk. It's amazing.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 05 Jan 18:37
joined Aug 1, 2011
64661798_p5

Is the tip of her horn wet?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 31 Dec 00:16
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_pj9fwp3ndl1sp9z40o1_1280

Those photos in the background are amazing.

joined Aug 1, 2011

I suppose it wasn't her real hair colour? If she was telling the truth and they insisted it be dyed just so she fit in, they could all go die in fire for all I'd care. She shouldn't need to blend in and pretend - but Like I said she was probably lying.

Welcome to fucking Japan.

Yeah, this actually happened somewhat recently. A student with blonde hair was told to dye it black even though it was her natural color. I don't remember for sure what the outcome of that story was but I think she was allowed to keep her natural hair color in the end.

If only...

Welp, that's a special kind of infuriating.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Gayama
Gay-ama
Gay-am-a
am-a-Gay
Am a gay

Coincidence..?

"Ama" in portuguese means "to love" or "that loves", she is a gay that loves.

Alternatively, in English/reddit, it's Gay-Ask Me Anything, so that explains why the Delinquent knew to ask her for help.

Whats with the disturbing teeth lol

GayAMA is such a delinquent that even her phone is angry at you. It makes perfect sense that her teeth have transformed into fangs over time.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

What is this abomination! BOILED spinach? Do you hate flavor?!

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I really liked the character designs in this one. I hope we get more from this artist.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Dec 03:10
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dmfgse4uwaa59tu-orig

There have been a few hints that Jiro's playing for the other team, but I'm not as sure about Momo.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

That art and that hat. Yes please.

This is giving me some "Carol" vibes... Maybe it's just me.

I don't believe I've heard of that one?

last edited at Dec 4, 2018 2:00AM

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

That felt mote like the outline of a story than the actual thing. What's really bugging me is what was with the random gifts?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Nov 20:41
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dru66byxgamih4d-orig

What is Miss Bernard Said?

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeah reading it again, it's obvious that Nagi is in love with Yuu cause she realizes things that are hard to know if you aren't paying proper attention to her... Like how she was in love with Tamaki, how much make up she uses, being worried about her, etc...

Also, the art is like in Ao Haru Ride

Didn't a bunch of other girls comment on the exact same things, like it was common knowledge?