Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

joined Aug 1, 2011

Wasn't there another series that parodied Sadako, but rather than jumping into the lewd it became a sort-of slice of life?

Yeah, it's this pretty cool thing: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sadako_chan_and_gyaru_yankee_chan

Also, I also have no idea what that "The Clit" thing is. It was a great manga aside from that one line though.

Huh. It doesn't have a parody tag, which explains why I couldn't find it. Thank you for the link.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Wasn't there another series that parodied Sadako, but rather than jumping into the lewd it became a sort-of slice of life?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 19 May 11:54
joined Aug 1, 2011
54623889_p0

Huh. A mermaid. I guess the water pressure is nothing for the other one.

They don't seem to be that deep, so I wouldn't expect water pressure to be a big deal regardless.

Omega Deuse
New Game discussion 18 May 19:22
joined Aug 1, 2011

This chapter was kind-of infuriating. All of the criticism had literally nothing to do with the game and Yamato came off as kind-of incompetent and very annoying.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. I think this is the first time Kay has outright failed a job.

Also, with that last statement, I can't see things ending well for Watanabe. Kay just said that having too much fun in his line of work will get him killed quicker (which makes a lot of sense, it's a good way to get sloppy or take unneeded risks) and now you have Mr. Wig pointing out that he's treating the whole thing like a game.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

The non-twin-tailed girl seems to have realized something is up, aside from the main two being secretly gay.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

ok
This is the one panel that kept me going for so long... T.T

Wait, which chapter did that panel come from?

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I think Kase's reaction to the lipstick and Yamada's refusal to use her given name might actually be the same reaction: A fear of change.

They both like what they currently have and are generally comfortable with it, but they're also at a stage in their lives where things are changing and, with the choices they've made, they're facing some pretty drastic changes. What's worse, they aren't really there for each other to go through those changes together and, on some level, they know they're both facing a different set of changes and they're afraid of what those changes will do to their relationship. In Yamada's case it was not wanting to move to a closer form of address, because she's used to calling Kase Kase. Similarly, Kase is used to Yamada being innocent not particularly worldly, but here she is looking at other people and learning about adult things, like caring about make up. That is a large change for her and Kase is probably worried about what that means for their relationship and how Yamada views her. After all, she doesn't really use makeup or dress fancy herself and it was the innocent Yamada that fell in love with her, so would a more adult Yamada, with more refined tastes, still have feelings for the tomboy?

If the were living together, or could even meetup and hangout more, these worries would probably be much less of an issue, because they could see how gradual the change is, that it's not really effecting who they are as a person, and are still madly in love with each other, but that's not the case. They're separated most of the time and, while change is always scary, it's much scarier when the people you care about are changing without you.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yamada continues to have the best faces.

joined Aug 1, 2011

This is the 3rd chapter of Mushoku to JK. Seems like Eclair Blanche is getting ignored by fan translators?

We'd need access to it first. But Eclair is a tricky anthology to work out of. It's one where scanlating from it is definitely going to hurt sales of the professional release and make it less likely that they'll continue releasing each anthology. It's super rare that the publishers take on collections like these.

It's morally unsound to work out of and puts us in a bit of a conundrum.

Out of curiousity, is there a reason it's more likely to decrease sales or cause trouble in this case, compared to others?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Mar 05:17
joined Aug 1, 2011
66338111_p0

Are there more named bunnies now? Where did they come from?

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, what you're saying is this is the bizarro world version of Kase-san?

That sounds about right.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, Arisa seems to be a bit of a hair trigger. In more ways than one.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Madoka is doing that on purpose. I'm guessing she realized that Homura kept reacting to that particular phrase for some reason, and the reaction was strong enough that Madoka also realized she could exploit it to distract Homura... and probably get free hugs, if her "uehihihi" in the first instance is any indication.

Given that she mentioned Homura setting things up a certain way, I suspect she already has her memories back and is just playing along for the yuri.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Mar 07:08
joined Aug 1, 2011
67560362_p0

this is like every mech show ever. one person who can't fight and another who can. lots of kissing, fan service and boring dialogue.

There are plenty of mech shows that don't fit that formula.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

One of them said she was feminine for guys

Counter Point: She said that with her face buried in her girl friend's tits. She might just like presenting herself as feminine and graceful out in public and enjoys the attention she gets, mostly from guys, without a sexual or romantic component.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Mar 21:55
joined Aug 1, 2011
Hayatesorder

If Hayate ordered this, it's probably too late to be covering her eyes.

joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeah! This is back.

So, I truly hope this doesn't end in the "As long I'm by her side, I'm happy or If she's happy, I'm happy" cliché.

I don't think it will. Yuki doesn't seem to have a good grasp on her own emotions and I don't think her interest in the guy is as cut and dry as her liking him. The fact that it took seeing her photos to even realize she was smiling and having fun with Akari says something's up.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Okay, this was cute, but why is it called "Jealousy Sure is Nice?"

The girlfriend was jealous that she got a call from a boy in her class, so she interrupted. They had a nice time afterwards.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 26 Feb 05:53
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dwzlwz7uqaafhcd.jpg_orig

This is a reference to the 魔女集会で会いましょう or "An encounter with witches" meme that involves a witch meeting and raising a child.

That is an entertaining meme.

Omega Deuse
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. Looks like Granite might get some real character development here. It should be interesting to see what she comes up with.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Feb 10:38
joined Aug 1, 2011
Oeg4sde

I now need more of this.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 05 Feb 08:01
joined Aug 1, 2011
61097284_p0

No, she's just putting on a jacket.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 11 Jan 04:54
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dsk4pkpxcai1iey-orig

Little Witch Academia is fun. Don't expect it to be as homoerotic as all the fanart makes it look, but there's definitely a bit of subtext if you have your yuri goggles on hard enough.

That's a bit disappointing. I know the artist(author?) had a piece of yuri art with these two kicking around and I had hoped that had worked its way into the show a bit more.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 11 Jan 04:52
joined Aug 1, 2011
Ds82uydumaa_mum-orig

I choose to believe she's having fun watching.