Forum › Posts by Masina

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

If both of them end up in Tokyo, that will be nice.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Which anthology is that from? I think it is from "Comic It", but other than being a publisher for the tankubon, I cannot find this manga after I purchased a couple of issues, but neither the artist nor the manga are in the issues vol 23 and vol 25. . Also, thank you for the scanlation.

last edited at Feb 26, 2023 10:49PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 25 Feb 02:54
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Hard to find ancient Mesopotamia costume because if it were for women, it is always the outfit of a queen.
The picture below is probably the closest costume compare with Aria's outfit. This one is for a woman in ancient Sumeria.
Obviously the woman must be some sort of royalty because of the three stars she is wearing. But once you discount the stars, her outfit is similar to Aria's. Keep in mind the era of this woman is possibly 1000 years before Aria's birth. I tried Babylonia outfit but I cannot find anything that resembles Aria's. Vast majority of them are kings, soldiers, or priests anyway.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d1/a5/9b/d1a59b878e055b454175bd3fb9699883.jpg

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 2:56AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Feb 19:28
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

P16 was not translated. It does not matter much though. Enlil merely told Ichika to find the answers of her questions on her own.. This led to the very end when Enlil asks if Ichika finds the answer. Ichika did and then hugged Aria (Enlil).

What Ichika saw about Aria must be so horrific that causes Ichika cry. Ichika is probably the bravest girl in the manga, so for her to cry is unusual. This must be the only chapter which both Aria and Ichika cry.
I expect we will finally see how Aria grew up, get turned, how she ended up in Georgia, etc.in 45, and what Ichika plan out to do to save Aria.
It has been a long time (and possibly the only time) that we have a Yuri manga that has such a sadistic and cruel and evil character like Al-Kamil. She does not even care about the death of her blonde henchman as if it was just garbage, despite the guy has served her as personal assistant for at least 200+ years.

last edited at Feb 24, 2023 7:41PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Feb 18:56
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I really like this poster. I wonder where can I buy it.
Ichika rescues Aria.
https://i.pximg.net/img-master/img/2022/04/28/19/00/20/97939829_p0_master1200.jpg

I cant open it can ya tell me like is that the one where aria is wearing shackles and standing in left and ichika in right >wearing school uniform reaching out to her? Or is this some other

Correct. Maybe being a donor let me see that print. I don't know. I just like that panel.

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Feb 11:21
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I guess I nailed it. Ichika has a big heart which is a whole lot more important than being smart. When she finally saw Enlil feeding Aria's story via telepathy, she cried because of the empathy that she has. Show did not continue drawing Aria, that one panel showing Aria panhandling to survive, being outside of an important ancient structure (I think it is a Babylonian Temple) is enough for 44. Further info may not matter anymore, because Ichika has already asked for the wish. That wish of her really surprised Enlil. A wish that came from love. I guess whenever a lilu arrives in the desert, they all wish for something for themselves, as opposed to something else for someone else they care. Ichika could have asked for immortality, but there is no point because the one thing she is concerned about is Aria, not Ichika herself. For all we know, Ichika probably thinks that she has already died or being a dead ghost. But I think it will be nice for Show to draw an entire 45 about Aria's life. So far we know how she looked like, what she did, before being turned. She must be a homeless war orphan too,, based on what she said to herself when she saw baby Al.
If you think about it, both Aria and Ichika did pretty much the same thing. Aria wanted Ichika not be a dead ghost or be killed outright, so Enlil ended up sending Ichika to a place where time stops. Later on it was Ichika's wish to save Aria. Neither of them ask a wish about their own selves.

last edited at Feb 24, 2023 11:28AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Feb 20:29
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I really like this poster. I wonder where can I buy it.
Ichika rescues Aria.
https://i.pximg.net/img-master/img/2022/04/28/19/00/20/97939829_p0_master1200.jpg

last edited at Feb 22, 2023 8:31PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Feb 20:09
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Show has finished 45 and sent it to the editor. https://akilim85000.fanbox.cc/posts/5348566 The one thing I am not sure about is
he wrote 次回、最終回です. What does he mean? "Next chapter, then last chapter?", or "Next chapter is the last chapter?" I am not sure. He always hands in the manuscript 2 months ahead. That means that he is now working on the finale, unless he is doing what he wrote about "Next chapter is the last chapter". What I am sure, from the drawing is that there will be a lot of questions being answered. Panel of Ichika who looks in a typical Ichika-mood, which means it may be good.. Then the next panel with Aria facing the Asagiri family shrine which is protected by boundaries. Final panel shows Aria cries.
I don't think I will understand what Show writes. This is frustrating. But at least we know that it will have a very grand grand finale. Ball actually is in Ichika's court. Whatever Ichika decides, Enlil will make it certain. That was my guess and I hope it will be correct. Al will lose out no matter what, given that Show has never written a tragedy.

We will know everything comes April. For all we know Show could be in the process of finishing 46. If there is one thing I like and admire Show, it is his self-discipline and time management.

Right now I have to wait for the scanlation team to finish the work. I can only handle a limited amount of telepathic dialogue between Ichika and Enlil.

last edited at Feb 22, 2023 8:22PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Feb 21:50
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

OK, spoilers, technically today is the 5th day after 44 is out. Usually the scanlation will be done by the 6rh days or so. So thank you team for your hard work in advance. Remember I am writing this as a regular reader, so all the info I typed here can be all wrong (hopefully not). So I can write more now: I still will not write about the bulk of the chapter. All you need to know is that the entire chapter is about Enlil in Aria form transmitting info back and forth via telepathy to Ichika, Heavy dialog non stop, as Enlil also tells Ichika who he is and what things he does. Enlil seems to like Ichika a lot, that is going to be bad news to Al. Ichika is still being goofy even though she is in the desert and conversing with Enlil. Absolutely no fear whatsoever. How Ichika ends up in the desert you have to read it to find out.

Enlil sent all the information about himself to Ichika,....
then all the information about Ichika and the people whom she cares about to Ichika. Then Enlil sent all the information of Al to Ichika. Finally Enlil sent information of Aria, in one single panel to Ichika. Aria is shown as a beautiful mid length blonde girl who panhandles outside a Babylonian era temple. All via telepathy. Seeing Aria in her vision, Ichika wept, and then held on to the twirly eyed Aria out of love even though she knows it is actually Enlil.

Shadi was right. Ichika would be a great lilu. She has something most people (including Lilu) do not have. That is, empathy. Also care free.

When Aria was a panhandler, it really reminds me of Kuon in Show's implicity. Mid length Blonde Hair, super powerful physically, and being homeless goes to garbage dump site to find food to eat. And towards the end of that manga, she liberated all the child prostitutes and killed all the rapists in a karmic way. This makes me wonder will Aria liberates all the dead ghosts, either to give them a humane death, or turn them into Lilus, or turn them back into human.? I wonder if Show will do something for Shiki and the photography lady.

Ichika does not ask Enlil to do anything yet. I am sure we will find out in 45.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 10:05PM

Masina
Indigo Blue discussion 20 Feb 04:41
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

ah, biphobia strikes again.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

sweet

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So the uncle tell her where MItsuki's room is??

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 17 Feb 09:05
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
Still first I guess..
I was in the middle to hide them. Hence the post is up and be edited a few times. I probably should have use the preview posts, and post it when I am satisfied. That's my fault because I thought here in the middle of a night nobody is reading the preview especially the chapter has just been released. I wrote through things as details as possible, then I started to delete the info bit by bit until it is just down to my barebone "review" with no spoilers.

My guess about what this chapter is about proved to be correct, as in, I nailed it. This all because I read Show enough to know that he has never drawn a manga that has a tragic ending. Yuri, Josei/Seinen, or Loli.

Anyway, this is my "spoilers":

Go watch the movie "Contact", it will make sense to you. It is a Sci-Fi alien contact plot starring Jody Foster, and the original novel is by Carl Sagan. In fact I will not be surprised if Show has that movie in mind when he drew the desert for the first time. In order for human to understand what a higher being tries to communicate, the higher being will put the human in a comfortable environment, and then creates a form (or avatar) that the human can interact with. In that movie's case, a beach which the Foster character loves while in childhood; as for the form, the Alien uses the late dad of Foster's character, in a father and daughter form to converse. That is the only way alien and human can have a two way conversation. It is a religious experience. In our case, Ichika has a religious experience in the desert, with Enlil in the human form whom Ichika chooses

Another interesting part of 44 is that I think Show is either high on recreational drugs, or recalls the images when he was high on drugs. The psychedelic type. Shrooms, or Super-K? or high dose of Maryjane? One of the panels is in psychedelics style. Just don't ask me how I know...

last edited at Feb 18, 2023 2:20AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Having sex

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Wow, I mean wow,....Flowers are very different from chocolate. I will take flowers anytime.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Look at her hand, skin and bone, starvation due to neglect.

As for Ayame, I think the only possible way to die from getting slashed by an axe will be the head itself separated from the haft and flew off and ended up chopping the back of her head.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This interlude, about Ayame, named "Wounds of Regret", can also be known as Chapter 19.5.

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 10 Feb 12:24
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Just to let yall know, the next Sunday Gene-x March 2022 issue will be out on February Friday 17th, not the 19th as 19th falls on a Sunday.

Masina
Citrus + discussion 08 Feb 18:33
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I actually wonder which demographics want to see the sex. If Seven Seas marketed citrus for late teens, which is 17-19, then the readers will consist of 28 to 30 today. Does sex means the chapter before the end, or the final chapter altogether? Do the 28 years old want to see the sex and then stop following, or the current 19 being all excited to see sex as the be all and end all? I don't think Sabu will use this tactic which many mangakas do (such as Bloom). If she has that in mind, then we will have seen sex in chapter 41 (or Plus chapter "7", in which case what can Sabu do after that?

Masina
Citrus + discussion 08 Feb 08:35
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Another way of seeing the "no sex" idea in this manga, is to go back to the sequence Chapter June 16 Part 1,then backward to Chapter 41, then forward to Chapter June 16 Part 2. It was Yuzu herself who told Mei she wanted to hold off even from touching Mei because she felt that she still does not understand Mei enough.ie, the relationship has to start over. (which is also what Mei told Matsuri before in June 2 ).
Yuzu still has some abandonment issues (such as refusing to wait for Mei getting the crepes in the festival during the lost ring incident).

So this is actually a "proper" way of dating, with sex being the last thing to do. It is almost as if this is an arrangement marriage, being no sex before marriage.

As opposed to lusting after your step-sister you hate the very next day, then attempting to touch her at night and the step-sister knew it. (All back to Chapter 2). It does not matter whether the stepsister force-kissed you in the first place. (Chapter 1).

Just imagine if chapter 41 before the wedding pages, or chapter May 27, the two having sex right off the bat, sure it is entertaining for us, but there will be possibly future problems. One is a virgin, the other has a lot of wrong idea about sex because of being assaulted.

I wonder if people ever realize this. Whenever a panel showing Mei inside the library picking or holding a book, That book is actually called "The psychology of love for beginners". (Chapter 24 Yuzu and June 13th Harumin). you can look at this as to how much of a problem or cluelessness Mei has when it concerns love. The is the same person who does not know what to do in a date without Yuzu's dating book.

Just imagine what happened if the beginning forced kissing never did occur. The plot will be very different, or even make no sense at all.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 8:53AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
She can easily explain that in order to go support nanase for the match, she did a compensate dating. In that case, it is not quite cheating and it is now in the grey area as prostitution.

That is the key here. Both cheating and prostitution elements are here. How you interpret these two words is up to you. For me it is a compromise between cheating and prostitution. Cheating has some elements of love in it, plus you know the person whom you cheated with. Prostitution has no such thing and is purely a financial deal. So in this case, it is a half-and-half. (or 100% both).
If someone who has a girlfriend, and who is completely drunk or high on drugs, and ended up having sex in that condition with some completely random stranger inside a bar bathroom, and got paid for it....half and half or 100% both is the same.

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 08 Feb 06:33
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
This has been answered by BeanBeanKingdom in a previous comment.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I'm hoping the surprise person for the next chapter be Rina.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

re: sexual assault brief discussion: a very important feeling after being sexual assaulted, is self-blame. All sort of psychological and physiological problems will start to show up later or even right off the bat, and this can ruin any present and future relationships.

The closest sexual assault incident was Yuni almost got raped by the two guys, but was saved by Fuuko, yet she does not even appreciate and thanks Fuuko.

Yuni has no obligation to have sex with Fuuko as a way to pay back the travel expense. Fuuko booked a room with two single beds, not a double. Yuni seemed to be doing fine while having sex with Fuuko. Fuuko did not ask for sex directly,
Yuni is dumb, She can easily explain that in order to go support nanase for the match, she did a compensate dating. In that case, it is not quite cheating and it is now in the grey area as prostitution. It sends a clue to Nanase that Yuni is so poor that she is willing to sell her body to get money for travel expenses. Whether she has sex with Fuuko it does not matter, and indeed there is no need to reveal, especially Yuki only see their kissing and obviously not sex. Yuni has absolutely no reason to reveal to anyone whether she has sex with Fuuko or not. No witnesses.
Fuuko wants love more than anything else. Sex is just the icing on the cake.
So yes, team Fuuko is here, and I will not ship anyone: Yuni is beyond help, Nanase is too late and too slow plus too naive.

last edited at Feb 5, 2023 7:01PM

Masina
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
ty

last edited at Feb 5, 2023 5:22PM