Forum › Posts by razaron

razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

If you could see love perhaps?

Bingo. Thanks for that, it was surprisingly hard to google for.

razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

What's that manga called where thr mc can see red strings of fate between people? I believe it was moe

joined Aug 23, 2011

Lol the recent chapters dialogue sounds like Archer without a punchline. Still cute though

joined Aug 23, 2011

"Why do you say that like it's a blessing?!"
Stop, get some help

joined Aug 23, 2011
razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

I hope Yunduo is straight. When first introduced she looked like the most cliche lesbian in a powersuit, so I was surprised by her having kids. It would be nice if she dresses like that for herself and not to fit in with a group.

I feel like that's an unfair way to put it. Why would her being a lesbian mean that she dresses to fit in and not because she wants to dress this way? Plus, it's obvious that if she is indeed queer, she's closeted, so why would you she dress to "look like the most cliché lesbian" intentionally?

She's not choosing to dress that way, the author's dressing her that way.
My reasoning was based of the notion that stories tend to rely on tropes and cliches (of which this is definitely a 90's one lol). As far as I'm aware such short hair isn't common in China, even among the roaming gangs of grandmas. They tend to have a couple more inches.

It could be possible that the author just thinks it's cool or there's a deeper character reason. I just think the reason being "she gay" would be boring.

I tend to skip the reasoning and go straight to conclusions when speaking. I'm still skipping a bunch of reasoning for why I feel this way because I'm lazy. Turning feelings into factual statements is difficult.

razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

I hope Yunduo is straight. When first introduced she looked like the most cliche lesbian in a powersuit, so I was surprised by her having kids. It would be nice if she dresses like that for herself and not to fit in with a group.

Of course closeted people can have kids but if she's closeted that would make her the lesbian equivalent of a closeted gay guy walking around in assless chaps.

That said, if they introduced a new girl who falls for her powersuit wiles that would be cool too. Being a yuri reader is complicated...

razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

Love Calabi-Yau Manifold

Calabi-Yau Manifold

Goddamn, as if my urge to rewatch HOTU wasn't big enough as is.

HOTU?

razaron
joined Aug 23, 2011

I like how with such a trippy story and setting, the main drama was a result of a plain human reaction to getting segz rejected. Nice contrast between the transcendental and the mundane.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Her request is a threesome?

joined Aug 23, 2011

"I fell in love with a girl again" followed by a text from grandma. Love triangle with gramgram?

joined Aug 23, 2011

Neighbours? More like gay-bours.

joined Aug 23, 2011

I think I'll wait until they kiss and then go back through the whole story again.

They're skipping club to meet in the girls changing room. So that's the next chapter

joined Aug 23, 2011

Out of curiosity, what's the correct way to react if a coworker comes out like that?

Personally, I'm dead on the inside so would react with complete indifference and continue working.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Gu Yi is probably the stalker. I assume that's the purpose of the second romance, to fold her into the story.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Apparently there are no actual cops among the 'cops'...

Truly, we live in a society

joined Aug 23, 2011

Did this really need some random half-baked (ha) drugging subplot?

Indeed, what a terribly unrealistic intrusion on this normally meticulously sensible manga. The randomness just jars in this setting dominated by thoughtful long-term character arcs. Who would have thought this mangaka would stoop to shallow, titillating lewdness?

Personally, I think it really said a lot about how Mongolian throat-singing has been impacting by coal mining in East Asia.

What a profound story we have the privilege to observe.

There's a band called The Hu that does mongolian throat singing metal. Don't know why but felt I should mention that

joined Aug 23, 2011

Japan doesn't care about twitter, thankfully.

Putting the drama aside, I love how strangely wholesome this manga manages to be. That scene with the girls feeding Berserga is just another in a series of scenes where the "good" guys resolve their differences with the "bad" guys using the power of friendship.

joined Aug 23, 2011

But does her hinussy also smell bad or just her blood? That seems like it would affect their relationship

joined Aug 23, 2011

Something about the curry girl wanting to sneak in chocolate rubbed me the wrong way. Even fluffy yuri can't escape the brainwashing of our corporate overlords. Truly, we live in a society.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Surprised nobody commented on her plan to dismember a rebel, throw their limbs around town then kill all the commoners who have the gall to get uppity over that. It'll be interesting to see if she's as cold as she makes herself out to be.

razaron
Anemone discussion 24 Feb 20:30
joined Aug 23, 2011

Gotta crack a few eggs if you want to make an omelette.

Also, I agree, it would've been better without the last page. Sometimes what you can't see is better than what you can.

joined Aug 23, 2011

I don't know why but that last page cracked me up. I imagined her making that scooby doo sound xD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ9hMOtsJk4

Is there even a point to the battle of band now that the jig is up and hima being the manager of lorelei is not an issue,
Like aki my girl I love you but what's the point of trying to make up with Mrs Incel here, she clearly doesn't deserve any sympathy from you let alone your love. Like life was so beautiful before shiho returned I don't recall a single dialogue of any of the SS girls being like "oh miss shiho so much" so why are they going to such lengths for some that left on her own

Incel vs Cuck. No matter who wins, they're both still losers

joined Aug 23, 2011

Gotta say I thought the Kaede spinning like her obi was being pulled was kind of hilarious/adorable. Sad for Aoi, but at the same time it's one of those little things that makes me get why all these girls are falling for this total dork.

It seems like she only did the spin after seeing Aoi's serious face. That's less dork, more dark lol

joined Aug 23, 2011

Welp, guess Yuki is a cuck now.
I'm with the people hoping it's just admiration... it would be too sad otherwise, what with her being the only decent human being in this series (excluding Hitomi, of course)