Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

For people who said that this story is over dramatic, I can say that this kind of thing actually happens in real life.

So real life can't be overdramatic ?

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnggggggsssssttttt!!!!!

This tag is a necessity now....

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

How about that Komari girl? She seems one good egg for Maki.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Wow that hit hard

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

^ This. Yes.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

Constant verbal abuse, asking for servile obedience, making her pregnant against her will... I don't care if it was the norm in Japan's past, no woman should have to put up with this kind of crap nowadays.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Constant verbal abuse, asking for servile obedience, making her pregnant against her will... I don't care if it was the norm in Japan's past, no woman should have to put up with this kind of crap nowadays.

First: It almost sounds like you're implying that all that such a past is unique to Japan, which it certainly isn't.
Second: You are right about not having to put up with such shit nowadays.
Third, and not intended as a reply to you, but rather as a message to all conformist societies: It's the 21st century, dammit! Wake up already!

joined Apr 6, 2019

First: It almost sounds like you're implying that all that such a past is unique to Japan which it certainly isn't.

???
Care to develop your accusation? I'm not getting at all what you're basing it on.

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 4:37PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

For people who said that this story is over dramatic, I can say that this kind of thing actually happens in real life.

So real life can't be overdramatic ?

That's not what she's saying at all. She's saying this particular storyline isn't overdramatic. It's a very dramatic narrative, but not in an excessive or exaggerated way.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

First: It almost sounds like you're implying that all that such a past is unique to Japan which it certainly isn't.

???
Care to develop your accusation? I'm not getting at all what you're basing it on.

First: I didn't stress any part of the sentence, so neither should you.
Second: In my defense, I started the sentence with "It almost sounds like". Repeat: "almost".
Third: It's honestly just based off of how their comment sounded in my head, honestly, which is a bad source to have, lol, so I'll just conveniently pretend I've never brought it out in the first place, because who can stop me from indulging in cowardice for once doing so?

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 4:52PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wow. I wasn't expecting Maki to confess to Midori by chapter 3. Or to seriously ask Midori to elope together, either. The mind, it's blown.

Midori's rejection gotta have been a hard hit. Poor Maki. >_< One would assume the thing between them is over for good by now, especially as Midori stated loud and clear that she can't meet Maki anymore... but I suspect we'll see Midori break her word as soon as she feels like it. In fact, I predict she'll visit Maki again, in the future, every time she has the marital blues and needs to feel loved and comforted.

Gosh, I really hope I'm wrong... coz, if I'm right, no matter how I look at it, this development won't be good (or healthy) for Maki.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

???

First: I didn't stress any part of the sentence, so neither should you.
Second: In my defense, I started the sentence with "It almost sounds like". Repeat: "almost".
Third: It's honestly just based off of how their comment sounded in my head, honestly, which is a bad source to have, lol, so I'll just conveniently pretend I've never brought it out in the first place, because who can stop me from indulging in cowardice for once doing so?

to sum it up, it's a Shotgun wedding plain and simple

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

midori is living in hell. whats up with her bathroom??

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

^ This. Yes.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

I was confused by the statement "making her pregnant against her will" but then I reread the whole stuff and I got it. Damn. The guy's a total vile person.

Maki's right to feel like taking Midori away from her self-made hell: sham happiness.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

^ This. Yes.

Exactly. I won't deny Midori is a fool for trying to seek "normality" and Maki's a fool for clinging onto a hopeless love for a decade or whatever (even if it's actually going to work out, probably, since fiction), but the guy's just shown himself to be, objectively speaking, walking sub-human burnable garbage.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

@feihong, great post
I may honestly enjoy analytical posts more than the media itself

I know things(any new thing no matter how small or big) looks sacry before trying
And doing it once is a big step and makes you capable of doing something like that again
Or so it seems to me
But the people who say, "she should leave him, she should elope" or anything similar in this or any other manga, would they just make such decisions in a snap, regardless of how correct it is, do people really make such decisions in a beat?
I'm a indecisive person, who may or may not have slight anxiety issues so making such decisions are such a big hurdle that acting in this situation would be a nightmare of different sorts

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Captain, we took a torpedo straight in the feels!

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

Taik lah, ngasih harapan palsu.

Ssshhhht. Language, boy

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 9:01PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

The art style is everything.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

THE GREGNANT JOKE OMG Haha I laughed my ass off which kinda clashed with the sad endnote there though...

Am I gregnant?

Cxpifenweaaqcl21
joined Nov 24, 2016

THE GREGNANT JOKE OMG Haha I laughed my ass off which kinda clashed with the sad endnote there though...

Am I gregnant?

Am I pegnate?? Help!?

Looks like I wasn’t the only one to notice.

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

So will she show up at the wedding with "I object!"

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

lmao I came on here just to comment on the gregnant joke and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't understand the pace, at the start of the chapter she is talking with MC then flashback yadeeyad with coworker but the end confused me, it was present time and it's the co-worker who all of sudden call her and told her about her husband ? Seem strange. Althought we potentially found a candidate for the husband to cheat with.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Feels kinda obvious this is going to end with Maki and Midori together, but it somehow just feels wrong, Midori needs to become a fucking saint for the remaining part of the manga to deserve that happiness.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Ahh this hurts but I understand what Midori was thinking. Wouldn't have been what I'd have done but loneliness is hard to deal with. Then her relationship turned abusive and manipulative but she didn't want to be alone.

I want Midori to be able to be happy with Maki honestly. She doesn't need to become a saint. She deserves to feel actual happiness but she trapped herself thinking there was no escape.

To reply you must either login or sign up.