Forum › Posts by Fairypixie24

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I'm sure it will get translated to English before long. Award-winning manga always attract lots of attention.

Word of warning, tho: I've read it in Spanish and can tell you that the story doesn't have a happy end. :/ Many readers were disappointed... and are loudly demanding a second part with a waffier conclusion...

Fairypixie24
Image Comments 25 Nov 01:24
joined Apr 6, 2019
82129430_p0

So much Lappland x Texas these days!

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Este manga es demasiado tierno y adorable para corazones humanos.
Pero si quieren leer nuevos capítulos, léanlos en español; porque la traducción está mucho más adelantada que en otros idiomas.

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/46131/she-is-still-cute-today

Ay que se viene un arco dramático... Cang Shu arrastra traumas del pasado y la dulce cachorrita blanca va a tener que curarla... >_<

Capítulo 32 recién salido del horno:

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/d32f6c5014816aaa57db2e6be0c19e62/cascade

No comento pq no tuve tiempo de leerlo, creo que la va del undokai.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Knowing usui shio, this will be quite the ride

So what do you predict the future holds for these two?

joined Apr 6, 2019

What? no bread tag? My disappointment is innumerable and my day is ruined...

It has been added.

Yokatta ne, Serenata-san! :,3

Fairypixie24
Yuru Oyako discussion 18 Nov 10:09
joined Apr 6, 2019

Somebody needs to show this to Taiyaki. And explain it if she doesn't get it.

She deserves to know people are drawing fanart of her characters.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Rin is some kind of angel.

The body language says it without a doubt. d(´∀`)b

Pfft haha it's her signature pose all right! XD

joined Apr 6, 2019

Rin is some kind of angel.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

@KasexYamada, gracias por el dato, voy a revisar los episodios pasados a ver si en una de esas me haya perdido alguna entrega de la historia.

El c31 acaba de salir:

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/73a8557a4d7b909797cbb32e937a0481/cascade

Lindura, lindura y más lindura... too much para mi kokoro... <3

last edited at Nov 16, 2020 10:02PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Can we make fun of Trump instead? These past few days have been a joy to watch him and his supporters lose their minds.

I dunno man, I'm personally interested to see if I'm correct to predict 3 blocs in Montenegrin politics and the parties within each bloc.

I'm eager to see Orban tell the European Commission to go kiss a duck and buy the Sputnik vaccine.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Goggled Anon posted:

There is a pre-serialized version on Pixiv that's, how you say, less mutually unrequited.

... I don't suppose anyone has translated that?

I've got a translation over in the /u/ TL thread archive.

... And it's just sitting there???

I call it a damn shame. c:

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

The only recent SAD translation I've been following is Wanna go out?, and I think I've already offered my praise for what they did with it over in the thread of that series. I love how they take liberties.

I also love the work they do on Wanna go out? and enjoy it enormously. They got every character's voice amazingly right.

I theorize that an adaptation like SAD's WGO? may deliver an experience for us that is closer to what a Japanese person gets when reading the original, than what we'd get if the TL-team stuck closely to the original and found themselves explaining phrases and concepts through footnotes every other page. Still, I see merit in both approaches.

Indeed. The second approach is the traditional one in fan-translating, and originated as a reaction to the gross excesses of rewriting that happened in manga released by American publishers. SAD was at first one of the TL-teams who worked that way, sticking to the original texts almost word by word, but recently they have started taking some liberties to make the dialogues flow better and the reading experience more enjoyable. I see it as a proof of maturity... and the results so far (WGO, I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved) have certainly been impressive. In the end, imho, it all boils down to this: domestication/localisation in translation is something better left to the loving fans who really care about the original; they are the ones who can and will do it right. (Again, this is imho, and ymmv, m'kay?)

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Btw, how many of you did believe, for a few seconds, that Sakurako really experienced withdrawal symptoms when Kasumi got more than five steps away? I totally did. She got me good.

(raises hand) Guilty as charged.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Then again, that's probably also my bias towards domestication in localisation. I have softened my stance on that in the last year and a half, though, so please don't go too hard on me now.

I don't mind a bit of "domestication in localisation" in my manga. I don't know if you've read Amano Shuninta's latest work I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved, but that's exactly what the translators have been trying to do since the beginning: capture the feelings and the flavors, and make every voice distinctive, rather than doing a word-by-word translation. I think the result is great and they did a wonderful job... but not everyone shares my opinion. Some replies have been like: "I have long been and continue to be not a fan of your overly loose and self-indulgent localization style. Please tone down the attempts at glib phraseology and just write what they say." Guess it's just impossible to please everyone and their uncle... :/

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. it's funny how they look so surprised when they have done so many things that are for "love" affections??? weeeeeeew dense or scared af to assume the others' feelings

Remember, it took them 6-7 chapters to become "friends who kiss."
For the first half of the manga, they officially were "total strangers who kiss."
Changing the name of their relationship from "friends" to "girlfriends" is an even bigger deal.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Kimura is so clumsy, inept and helpless she's almost unable to function normally in daily life. Also, she's so completely lacking in assertiveness and aggressiveness she wouldn't be able to fight her way out of a wet paper bag. This makes her irresistible, as you can't stop yourself from wanting to be with her and protect her and take care of her (and maybe tease her just a little bit). I absolutely love it. <3

It's one of the oldest tropes in straight romance literature; it's nice to see that it also works in lesbian fiction.

I want to congratulate the translators, who did an awesome work capturing this all-permeating feeling. "Oh, manager, you devil! How much pressure can you put on little old me?" Heck yeah! Per-fect.

last edited at Nov 6, 2020 5:49PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Also "my pal" lol. I haven't had any contact with BugD since they got permabanned lol.
I never bothered with the whole beauty debate, because I didn't even take notice of it.

Good for you. I did. It was at that time that he claimed that Sakurako could convert any gay man to heterosexuality. Later he would liken consensual bondage to molesting. Guy sure loved walking a knife-edge.

If he isn't your friend, mayhaps you should stop talking about him. He got his just deserts; leave it at that and move on.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Tanto tiempo ha pasado, ya casi no me lo creía...

Más de un año, para ser exactos.
Amo a esta autora pero lamento la ambigüedad del final.
Ah y menos mal que el conejito se salvó porque sino me enojaba. >:(

joined Apr 6, 2019

Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Unpopular opinion: I kinda miss 'em.

I most certainly don't. Guy was like Ratbert debunking the Big Bang.

joined Apr 6, 2019

In a perfect world you (a girl) go to a smoking hot, super sexy, nubile bombshell gyaru and ask her for a kissing lesson and she says "Sure, sweetheart, c'mere!"

That's perfect world? Sounds more like Slutworld, lol.

You say that like they're mutually exclusive

It's too mean to call her slut. For what little we have seen, it's too much.

Well, I guess we could say she's just a little bit easy?

"Let's kiss."
"Okay."
"Now let's shag."
"Okay."

With someone she had never even talked to before...

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

PERO ESO YA NO IMPORTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA porque Salió el capitulo final de suito To en mangaplus, si, es el final... pero....soy feliz

No me olvido que fuiste tú quien lo descubrió y lo recomendó. d^^b
Creí que esto abarcaria unos capitulos mas llenos de vacilaciones y torpezas y todo eso, pero acabó solucionandose de una forma muy rapida y efectiva. Buen manga.

Fairypixie24
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Oct 16:37
joined Apr 6, 2019

This makes perfect sense and I'm amazed some people don't get it.

And what have you been smoking?

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Sin duda la confesión fue muy bonita, Momo sobre todo haciéndolo bien y aclarando para que no quede dudas pero saben que fue bonito tambien? xD que las amigas ya sabían que comia mucho y no les importo y sobre todo que ya sabían que ella tenía alguien especial y que esa era Yuzu... Tampoco le vieron nada de malo y la apoyaron.

Yo me habría gustado tener el episodio cuando pasa todo esto, o sea cuando Momo revela a las amigas que le gusta la comida aceitosa con mucho ajo y a las amigas les parece guay, pero si el autor estaba corto de tiempo para terminar el manga entiendo que se haya saltado algunas cosas menos importantes. Lo que no podía faltar es la confesión de amor a Yuzu! Es tan tierna y linda y como las hace sonrojar...
Yo igual casi pego un grito xD
Es simplemente uff

Si se acaba en dos o tres capítulos puedo decir que el manga.........estuvo bien sabroso !

Creo que es mejor que la autora tenga un punto definido sobre a que quiere llegar en la historia y entonces termine. Y espero que se besen otra vez, porque el unico beso hasta ahora es el robado por Yuzu. Quiero uno compartido!

hahahaha y ojala que Mangaplus apruebe mas mangas yuri

Sííííííííííííííííííííííííííí mas mangas como este, que ese azucar es bueno para mi baja presion. :)

joined Apr 6, 2019

Your inability to separate a character from the author writing them is kind of cringe. You have no clue what the author's idea of virginity is, because there isn't a note from the author telling us.

This could be used to excuse literally every problematic take ever written in history no matter what it is.

Exactly.

And this is how you learn to tell yourself: "It's just fiction; I should really just relax."

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

AHHHH!!! <3!!!
Tuvo que tomar 22 capitulos pero que dulce que ambas ya aclararon lo que sienten. Rose, dejate de pavadas, ahora que saben que se quieren concluir les tomará el tiempo que les lleve, no tienen apuro.