Exbx4gpvoamrw15-orig

"Calli I love you
so SO much,
will you please marry me
and make a child with me?
We will call her Claraaaaaaa..."

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

So I read the first chapter of "A Room for Two" and am wondering if there is much of a story in this series or is it pretty much just straight slice of life fluff like in the first chapter?

A fellow forumite who writes reviews for a manga blog once reviewed A Room for Two. This is what she wrote:

Sakurako is a baby lesbian, 14-15 in age, who is about to start high school. Her new school is an exclusive boarding school, so she has to get a room at the boarding house associated to the school. The house is set up for two people to a room, and Sakurako has yet to meet her new roommate. Then, the girl arrives... and Sakurako can't believe her eyes: she's an ABSOLUTE GODDESS! A stunning blonde beauty with the body of a supermodel, big firm boobs, flawlessly fair skin, perfect shapely legs, a sexy round butt and a face so pretty it's breathtaking! And yes, she's only 15, too. Our poor Sakurako is so stupefied she even wonders if they are the same species! Like, she's Homo Sapiens Sapiens, but Kasumi (that's her roommate's name) must be Homo Perfectis Divinis or something! Oh, and the first thing Kasumi does after entering their room is stripping to her panties and laying down on the tatami mats in a lazy, sexy pose... which doesn't exactly help Sakurako recover from her state of awed wonderment, lol.

As usual in Japan, their room comes empty; they are expected to bring the furniture and everything else themselves. So they go shopping for all the stuff they need. They are going to live for the next three years in that shared room, so there's a lot to buy! At the tableware department, Sakurako says they should get matching mugs with a heart design on the side (the sort of mugs typically used by lovers and newlyweds), then she goes: "Haha, just kidding, that was a joke!" But Kasumi says: "Sure, okay, let's buy that." That leaves Sakurako speechless, wondering if she really is reading right the signals Kasumi seems to be sending her. Then, at the bedding department, they face a dilemma: the room is too small for two beds, but Kasumi doesn't want to use futons. Sakurako says: "I know! I'll get a single bed, and you can sleep with me! Hahaha, a joke, that was just a joke; of course you wouldn't..." And Kasumi replies: "Good idea. We'll do just that." And Sakurako looks at her in utter astonishment, wondering if she's dreaming, feeling like she can't believe her good luck... because, after a statement like that, there's no more room for doubt and no more chance of misunderstanding: yes, Kasumi feels for her the same way she feels for Kasumi; yes, this amazing blonde goddess actually likes her and wants to have THAT kind of relationship with her!!!

This is a simple lesbian wish-fulfillment story focused on Sakurako and mostly told from her point of view. Of course, we get to see through Kasumi's eyes from time to time, but pretty much every chapter is about Sakurako doing everything she can to make Kasumi happy (which is often a heap of work, as Kasumi can be high-maintenance a lot of the time) and being rewarded with Kasumi's sweet love.

And this is the plot of the series, not what I call fluff and most certainly not straight. The ensuing story arcs show us how their relationship develops, how they graduate from school, how they attend college, how they become working adults, and, of course, how their bond keeps getting stronger as their happy married life goes on.

There are people in the forum who will disagree and argue that only the overt explicit depiction of mutually administered orgasms makes a story lesbian... but most of us don't think that way. In that we are on the same wavelength as the Japanese readers and the author herself, who in the prologue chapter had the two mcs say that of course they had sexual desire for each other. Since however she makes a point of never drawing actual sex, I guess you can if you so want read the manga as a story of pure girly friendship... the sort of friendship where the two girl friends vow their love for each other, swear off men, move in together, sleep in the same bed, cuddle, kiss and plan to have a wedding ceremony and make babies (if science allows it) in the future.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 6:39PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

hot ∝ kinky

Fairypixie24
Yuru Yuri discussion 18 Mar 19:32
joined Apr 6, 2019

I wondered how the new chapter could be out so quickly.
Awfully fast translation&edition work, or so it seemed.
Lol.

joined Apr 6, 2019

^ Thank goodness.

joined Apr 6, 2019

May I volunteer to be the one who said that? Let's just assume I am the one asking everyone to drop this debate, then drop the debate and be done with it.

I second that, and I believe everybody writing here does too. Can't we all just get along? Take the discussion on totems and taboos to the cafe.

joined Apr 6, 2019

In that context I think the early chapters could have done a better job of setting up Maria's latent sexuality (i.e., "I'll do it. I'll prove I'm not attracted to her and wipe the smug grin off her incredibly pretty face!")

https://i.imgur.com/0LXgBpT.png

I stand by what I said. You're a genius. And you're my hero. (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง

joined Apr 6, 2019

Ok I'm just gonna ask: where did this come from? ^

Canon, obviouslyMe. I made it.

You are a genius and my new hero.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 1:24AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Ok I'm just gonna ask: where did this come from? ^

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Suddenly poly.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Just some platonic breast fondling, nothing to see here.

And this is just the evening, they still have to spend the night together.

I anticipate a whole lotta more platonic fondling that won't warrant our attention in the least. XP

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Kanade going yandere was a bit of a surprise though.

Do you even understand what yandere is?
Hint: inferiority-complexed, self-pitiful and self-destructive, that's NOT IT.

Yes, I know what it means.

Yandere is a portmanteau of two Japanese words. The first is yanderu, which means “to be sick,” and the second is deredere, used here for “lovestruck.”

Etymology does you no good here. A tsundere doesn't go around stabbing spikes into people.
A yandere is a violent psychopath. That's how the word is used, therefore that's what it means. Kurokawa's inferiority complex and worship of princesses, unsettling as they are, don't fit that description.

joined Apr 6, 2019

This is like a version of Suito-to set in Chichibu and where they try different alcoholic drinks instead of local food specialties.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Not an original story

I'd say.

Fairypixie24
Liberty discussion 22 Feb 21:58
joined Apr 6, 2019

Slow. Too slow.
16 pages a chapter and a chapter every 3 months ain't enough for a narrative this slow.

joined Apr 6, 2019

"Rezu"? Come on... it's the Japanese for Lezz. A borrowed word from English. Translator didn't do their homework.

my bad, we'll do loan words literally from now on.

That was a joke, right? Right!?

Please keep on translating just like before! You're doing fine!

Like Jananaberry said:

Yes, "rezu" is obviously from the katakana reading of "lez", but it's an entrenched term in Japanese nerd culture. "Lez" also has an offensive angle to it in English that "rezu" does not for a Japanese lesbian.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 3:19PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Useless Princesses: the graduation!

joined Apr 6, 2019

I wish people would stop making judgmental statements about prostitution if they don't know the first thing about it. Especially if they didn't even bother reading the conclusions of official studies and scientific surveys on the business.

Throbelisk was right in quoting rule 10:

Tags are meant to inform users so that they may interact with works that appeal to them, and avoid those which do not. If your comment on a given work could be summed up as a comment on the tag itself, please avoid making the comment.

Fairypixie24
A Cute Guy discussion 27 Jan 12:30
joined Apr 6, 2019

het? why tastubon.... why? such a waste...

Tatsubon identifies with Tadokoro and Komari, even tho they're girls. So I'm guessing that, with a damsel in distress who looks like a girl but is actually a boy in drag, it's even easier.

joined Apr 6, 2019

The Japanese title is "Kuzuryu-san no Oshi wa Chiisai". Oshi (literally meaning "push") being a slang for someone you really wanna support like an idol. Some English speakers have recently used the term "stan" to convey that feeling, but I really don't care for that word.

I've seen the word a lot lately. Like in Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou.
It seems it's becoming rather common.

Fairypixie24
Lit a Light discussion 05 Jan 23:39
joined Apr 6, 2019

I demand more! I require more!
Why is there not more 80s action movie yuri that isn't a shitpost?!

if only some saint like the creator of Mage and Demon Queen could bring us something like that. Something like...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/drift

So hardboiled! Thanks for the link!

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

This comment section is so funny.

Totally agree

I know, right? I came here only to laugh at the comments filled with righteous anger!

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

While it's a nice idea and broadly true, I think if you look hard enough you'll find active thought leaders with reasonably substantial followings in just about any significant fandom. I recently watched She-Ra and found it to be a satisfying if imperfect show. While gleaning around for content, YouTube was sure to recommend me multiple accounts that have made - and are still making, for a show that ended in May - dozens of videos worth of negative content for it. The type that makes you stop and wonder, why is this person investing their time in a show that's clearly not for them, and why is their audience doing the same? RWBY and Korra also seem to be good examples of this from the outside.

The apt term for this sort of bizarre behavior is "a throbbing hate boner." There are some people that just get off on hating random things for some reason.

And with time they start hating more and more things, turn into raging trolls, then in the end get banned by Nezchan. I know of at least two who started their mad races in this very thread.

joined Apr 6, 2019

From what I've seen from the raws chapter 10 isn't going to be the last chapter.

I really would be surprised if such a crazy good manga was forced to end abruptly.

joined Apr 6, 2019

she's hired as a "wolf butler"? that's her profession? ... i wonder what sheep butlers do...

They bottom?