Forum › Posts by igenetycs

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Nothing I said was Transphobic.Can you answer my questions instead of making this personal to me?

Your questions are intentional misrepresentations of the people you're replying to. You come in making a mountain out of a molehill and act surprised when people see through your charade. Quit being ridiculous. Even the people who find some of the lines hurtful accompanied those concerns with praise for the work as a whole—not that they should have to. When someone says, "some of these lines rubbed me the wrong way," they are simply stating their own feelings on the work, i.e. what this forum is here for. To pretend that this is somehow infringing on these fictional characters' personal conversations is laughable—next time, just wear your ugly heart on your sleeve.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Like I said. No reading comprehension. They can literally confess, say I love you and lets stay together forever and it's still not enough.

There's a long history in anime and manga of two female characters telling each other "I love you," after which one or both hook up with a guy anyway. The issue is what happens after they say it, but this story just ends there. To me, that comes across as "so close, yet so far."

I'll also keep it at that. Yes, I'm annoyed, but hey, there's so much more to read out there.

You're fighting phantoms of your own making. The story has plainly laid out the feelings and circumstances of Hinako and Asahi. They are asexual. They are romantically interested in one another. They are moving forward on that basis. What elements are missing to make them qualify as a couple, in your eyes?

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

what an incredibly emotional journey its been so far. all of the Ari scenes since Seiran's death have been beautiful and heartbreaking.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

A nice little illustration from the author's twitter.
https://twitter.com/siousuisio0057/status/1594929094772170752

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I really like this so far! I hope it does well.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

While the irregular release schedule makes the reactions here expected, I'd encourage people to reread the story.

This is both an expected and an inevitable reaction from Yuna. She's someone who is very neurotic, struggling with deep insecurity issues and possibly an emotionally abusive past. Her thoughts consistently show her lack of self worth, and she only seems to find it in being loved by Rena. Naturally, any hint of that wavering will send her spiraling, because she has nothing else to pull from. I guess it's fair to say the series is melodramatic, but it also feels like a pretty realistic depiction of someone who is entirely too codependent on their partner and has no healthy coping mechanisms.

last edited at Nov 12, 2022 9:05PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Something that bother me all around was the black background in the panels, that's supposed to imply flashback scenes commonly but if you put it all over what does it mean ? heavy? mood?

The black background is usually used to indicate time of day in this series.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 12:02PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Final volume maybe?
Looking at the same moon together seems pretty damn conclusive
(Also Natsume Soseki reference, very nice)

Correct, the series ends at chapter 20.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

this series is fun so far, thanks for all the hard work on it

igenetycs Uploader
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Aug 18:45
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Jeeeez, this is a hard chapter to read. It's just unglamorously violent and traumatic. The kind of thing that makes my stomach turn. I think it's a good approach to show how terrible a life like theirs could be.

Thanks for the chapter.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Does anyone know if it's gonna be subbed?

https://www.yurihub.com/product-page/act-1-kanojonokuchizuke-kansensuru-libido-short-movie

It seems your prayers have been answered!

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Good catch, thank you! It should be fixed soon.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

i liked this a lot

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away -err, back when I actually used to typeset stuff, I just did them manually by using Photoshop's line tool, aligning it with existing such lines. Those lines are usually actually thicker at one end - almost like a very long & thin triangle - so I made a straight, thin line from the thin vertex to each of the sides of the thick end, filling with extra lines if needed. It was actually faster, easier and more precise than any automated method.

You can also increase the weight and length of the lines to do the entire thing in one go. It's available in a little drop down menu on the top bar.

igenetycs Uploader
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Nov 23:55
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I really like how this series is developing. I want more Khara chapters though.

And good job on the editing as usual!

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I've been curious about this series for a long time. I'm ecstatic to see it picked up! I think the first chapter was pretty nice, too. I like how upfront Ran is.

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 9:52PM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

one of the best there ever was.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Is it still translated or has it been dropped?

This is a difficult question to answer. In short, I don't really know.

The translator we were working with at Yuri Project has been away for a little while now (a month or so), and they didn't give me a heads up about leaving or anything. I'm hoping that they'll be back, but in the mean time, there's not much we can do regarding the series. I'm thankful for any patience being provided to us regarding our lack of releases, and if the translator does return I'm fully committed to continuing the series, but if anyone else decides to pick up where we've left off right now, I won't stand in their way.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

If anyone hasn't read the full series, I'd definitely recommend it! It's just one volume (the one BlueDsc linked) and it's a pretty good read. Yen Press did a pretty decent job, even if their typesetting left much to be desired.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Heya everyone! I'm looking for a translator to help finish the remaining chapters of Teiji ni Agaretara. MangaPlanet seems to have dropped the series, as they've gone almost a year without updating it and have ignored repeated tweets from a particularly eager reader asking for status updates.

I'm happy to edit this, but I have no qualms if the translator already has an editor they work with, and are just looking for raws. You can message me on discord (Martin#4987), or reply to the thread I made on Yuri Project if you prefer to work through there.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I just started vol 1. Can you tell me what volume will show how did they start dating?

Vol 1 and Vol 2 both have two chapters each covering it. 10-11, 22-23.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Once in a while, I get reminded what a tragedy it was to have this series end so soon. It really felt like something special. Still, I'm grateful the author still puts out extras here and there!

Thanks for the chapter.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

i liked this. thanks for the chapter

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Small typo on 93.7 third panel
anyhting -> anything

Good catch, thanks!

Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Almost heartbreakingly short, but it was fantastic while it lasted. Thanks so much for all the work put into scanlating it.