Forum › Posts by Lilliwyt

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah it's confusing that this is called just "side stories" even though it's the sequel series. Some publication shenanigans responsible for that?

The first chapters will feel less polished after reading these more recent chapters but it still has some good stuff in it.

From my understanding, it's related to a change in publication that happened mid-series and how that new publication decided to handle the continuation of the series. It's not really a sequel series, just a direct continuation but on a new publication website. The "side stories" naming isn't official, I don't think. It's all corrected in the volume releases. This stuff is basically volume 5 onwards (chapter 94 onwards). So the story really has 139+ chapters.

It mix up with the main story for the first couples "side stories", then past a certain volume, it's just straight up only the side stories. For what i've seen of the french publication.

Lilliwyt
Anime season 03 Jul 04:58
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And Whisper Me a Love Song: not done yet, but despite the production issues, a wonderful show that goes full yuri.

Well that's a yuri to begin with. And it had to be mention that the anime skipped several Hima/Yori dates and most importantly, the summer festival part with the first kiss.

Lmao are you serious?! They actually skipped that?! I gave up watching bc it was a terrible adaptation but I can't believe they'd skip something as important as that.

Whisper Me a Love Song is the manga.
The anime is Whimper Me a Lug Sound.

They make that part in a manga voiceover on youtube

Lilliwyt
Anime season 02 Jul 21:21
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And Whisper Me a Love Song: not done yet, but despite the production issues, a wonderful show that goes full yuri.

Well that's a yuri to begin with. And it had to be mention that the anime skipped several Hima/Yori dates and most importantly, the summer festival part with the first kiss.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I didn't quite read Bocchi but for the little knowledge i have on Bocchi, it's a music manga about an extreme socially awkward girl who play guitar in a group. What the link with a girl getting shoved into a strange love triangle with a Vampre, an human and a vampire killer ? I kinda fail to see.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So this is it I've finally finished MahouAko

Is the series completed in Japanese?

Serie is on hiatus afaik.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If you know we can't have a proper discussion, why you post it ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Calm down, this is just a manga.

Lilliwyt
Citrus + discussion 11 Jun 09:03
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://x.com/ichijinshaevent/status/1800362329609007390
Man, and people think citrus has slowed down. The special edition of volume 6 is having a second run because of how fast it sold out

And it sold out the same day it went for preorder, no less

https://x.com/ichijinshaevent/status/1799083812582051850

People think it's slowed down? I know people tend to assume things they don't like aren't doing well. I just want the next chapter!

Slow down in terms of actual chapters we get those last months, not in term of popularity. Context is important

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So why there is a favor treatement for the anime budget ?

What "favor treatment" are you talking about? Did you even watch the latest episode? Because I'm genuinely confused about your statement.

Was a follow-up on Nevik answer.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So what ?It's now unpopular to prefer Hima/Yori ?

How did you get that from anything discussed here? Both couples are popular. Anyone can like whichever.

So why there is a favor treatement for the anime budget ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So what ?It's now unpopular to prefer Hima/Yori ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This whole chapter feels kinda random. Ayaka gets introduced (let me know if I'm wrong and what chapter she is introduced) and is in love with Miki.

You're wrong

Lilliwyt
Slow Start discussion 14 May 21:25
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did you think Eiko and Enami-sensei are "subtext" somehow?

yes

Lilliwyt
Anime season 05 May 20:42
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Seiyuu radio[canon]

ayylmao, it's heavy subtext at best

Its a yuri novel

That's not what i heard. I only heard it was subtext.

Lilliwyt
Anime season 05 May 12:18
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Seiyuu radio[canon]

ayylmao, it's heavy subtext at best

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't know why but the anime feels extremely rushed, also at this rate and considering shiho's early appearance we're gonna reach the battle of the band's arc rather quickly and that one reeeeally drags

Wdym early appearance ? Shiho first physical appearance is the Vol.2 extras, which take place just after Ch.11, where the the episode ended. It's not like her appearance has been move earlier. And the anime is going for 1.5/2 chapters per episode which is a decent rate.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Before, I didn't understand why many people said this series was Yukino and Yui following the yuri route, but when I watched the ED, I understood. Even the studio misunderstood it (or intentionally drew like those two characters for PR purposes), so it's understandable that those who haven't seen this manga think so. Showing 2 pictures of Yori and Himari in the first 10 seconds of the ED to people who haven't seen this series, I'm sure everyone will say it's Yukino and Yui.

Who ?

Google suggests it's probably these two from "My Teen Romantic Comedy"

oh, het romcom. No wonder i had 0 clue.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Before, I didn't understand why many people said this series was Yukino and Yui following the yuri route, but when I watched the ED, I understood. Even the studio misunderstood it (or intentionally drew like those two characters for PR purposes), so it's understandable that those who haven't seen this manga think so. Showing 2 pictures of Yori and Himari in the first 10 seconds of the ED to people who haven't seen this series, I'm sure everyone will say it's Yukino and Yui.

Who ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No, she doesn’t have a point. She’s lost all sympathy, respect, and logic once her argument was that Mashiro being brought up poor and “raised in an abnormal environment” is disqualifying.

The comment you pointed was written before this chapter and if you had any of this feelings toward her before that, that's not a good sign.

That's said, i'm pretty much done with the mom yeah. She had one chance here to redempt herself, even so sligthly, but decide to throw it out of the window cause "bla bla no parents, lesbian brothel". Imagine trying your best to get your life together after a hard life and someone just come and say "you're a bad influence for my kid" despite said kid being the scum of the earth even before meeting her.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I just hope that Mashiro has already reported the ongoing home invasion to the police. :-) Stalking charges can be appended at later point.

She never called the police, she just say that to make her mom leave.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

2) Anyone else get major poly vibes from Kasumi specifically?

Not really. You're the first i see talk about it.

last edited at Apr 21, 2024 5:56PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why is the title of the manga "Whispering YOU a Love Song", but in the anime it becomes "Whispering ME a Love Song"?

JP manga: Translates Japanese title to "Whispering You a Love Song".
Kodansha: Licenses manga in English as "Whisper Me a Love Song".
Anime: Uses licensed English title cos international consistency.

And French use the JP title.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kadokawa themselves are marketing this as a love story so at least there's that.
link:: https://x.com/Kadobunofficial/status/1779706221894766991

They marketing to sell it. For that matter, Futari Escape was marketed as them being girlfriends despite nothing ever being said on that.

Lilliwyt
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
Stickyfingers

^say gex

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't feel bad that you forgot her. She's barely there. Part of why I find it hard to root for that reunion.

That's the opposite for me. I can't invest myself into Nanao because of the Mai plot.