Forum › Posts by Michykat

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 13 Dec 12:42
joined Jun 25, 2017

@lilyflame, yeah I'm 99% sure that was a mistake in english version.

Thanks a bunch for confirming, it seemed like an oddly basic mistake to make for an official translation so I kept thinking I had to have missed something.

umm, so is the yuri hub the part 2 or a remake ?

It's the remake right now until it catches up to where part 2 would start - you can always check the YH page for the free chapters to see where it's at.

If anyone's interested, finally finished that Akira x Asuka oneshot (~8.3k words), an alternate ending for Room You Can't Escape. If it's not obvious from the premise, CW for all the things you'd generally expect from this manga dialed up to (a soft-ish?) R18 -- Taiyaki said it was OK so I went for it (and tried to make it both fun & meaningful). This is also a significantly more 1x1/2-y story in tone, and for both of those reasons it was a lot more difficult. I'm not super happy with it in a few places, but I'd spent so long on it that the drafts were starting to go in circles...

I probably won't keep posting my own work here since the thread is pretty slow now and it feels weird, but will almost certainly keep writing here and there as the new serialization progresses (I try to write fairly canon-compliant), so if you're interested in future works you can keep an eye on the 1x1/2 tag or my AO3 profile!

Thoughts on the remake so far: my worry was a tighter story might unintentionally get way too intense and make the extended cast feel disposable -- the fun, fluffy meandering is pretty charming and balances out the drama. So I like the light touch where the original worked fine (the dialogue's so similar in places that when I trip over some kanji, it's nice to remember the sentence from memory!)

The changes that were made seem pretty smart so far: I don't really miss stuff like Asuka running into a random old lady instead of someone relevant (and the someone is a fun cameo), and as things progress it looks like we're going to get more scene additions rather than just trimming the fat, and Rui seems more three-dimensional now. A while back I joked that maybe the most awaited plot point here was Ayako finally buying that new bed, and Taiyaki replied that she just never found a good place for it, so I'd laugh if we finally saw it this time around (...eventually!)

YH page? I would like to see where taiyaki is at right now with remake and I will pay and subscribe once part 2 starts.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 08 Jul 23:36
joined Jun 25, 2017

Do y'all have a link to this yurihub fanbox?

https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/

Thank you so much.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 08 Jul 23:36
joined Jun 25, 2017

https://www.fanbox.cc/@yurihub-taiyaki/

Thank you so much.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 08 Jul 01:54
joined Jun 25, 2017

Lil heads up, 1 x 1/2 will resume on the Yuri Hub Fanbox starting next month. I won't be involved with the translation for this one (another pair of TLers who worked on My Sweet Home will be doing it while I focus on Yuru Oyako), but I expect it'll be a similar release format to Yuru Oyako's release (ie. early access on Fanbox followed by compilation releases).

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 08 Jul 01:52
joined Jun 25, 2017

We have a date! Serialization will begin on July 18. YuriHub will do the official translation.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joined Jun 25, 2017

Final raws are out and... THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joined Jun 25, 2017

Warning! Serious spoilers here!
The MC is not actually Oohashi Rei, she only thinks she is. The original Rei is basically a god that administers humanity, but she is going to try and kill everyone very soon, because her love for Claire is wearing off. Because of that, an AI that Claire created in the first Timeloop made a bunch of copies of Rei in an attempt to ceate a replacement administrator. The MC is the best of this copies and as such was put in this place at the star of the timeloop. This is also why some Rei look-a-likes will appear in the future. They are failed copies of the OG Rei that were given a place in the world.

What the heck? That sounds really bad. Like someone wrote a bad fanfic. What they were thinking?

Is this a joke?? Lol
I just read volume 2 (light novel)
And none of this happens.
In fact, what happens is super YURI and fantastic. I won't spoil it, because I don't how to cover spoilers. I'm a newby. Lol

joined Jun 25, 2017

I would like to own a physical copy of this Manga. It's beautifully written and drawn.

You might be able to! I checked amazon.jp and it looks like the first volume was recently printed (as far as I can tell): https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E5%AE%AE%E5%8E%9F-%E9%83%BD/dp/4049129744

Also if you have any idea how Bookwalker works (I unfortunately have no clue and my japanese skills are way too low to read the site) here is the page for the series: https://bookwalker.jp/series/234326/

Thank you so much for the info. I'm really hoping this gets an official english copy in the future.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I would like to own a physical copy of this Manga. It's beautifully written and drawn.

Michykat
joined Jun 25, 2017

Just read the spanish translation of the epilogue and honestly; it's fucking beautiful. It's perfect. I hope y'all get to read it soon.

Michykat
joined Jun 25, 2017

Follow LA DIOSA DEL LIRIO 3.0 on FB. SHE POSTED THE EPILOGUE. YALL WONT REGRET IT!!!

joined Jun 25, 2017

It's so fucking romantic.

joined Jun 25, 2017

The raws are out!!!

joined Jun 25, 2017

Their development is EVERYTHING!!!

joined Jun 25, 2017

Also, anyone know when chapter 5 will be translated? I saw the raws on another site posted a month ago?

joined Jun 25, 2017

Can anyone help? I'm new to this fandom. I want to buy the light novel volume 1 in english on amazon but I'm so confused... Is it the same as the manga??? Just a novel??? And I'm guessing the manga isn't out in english yet for purchase?

Michykat
joined Jun 25, 2017

Yassss!

joined Jun 25, 2017

Ah, I love them so much! I can't wait for more.

Michykat
joined Jun 25, 2017

Not sure if next chapter is the last or if the end is coming real soon. Is it written somewhere? That the next chapter is for sure the last?

joined Jun 25, 2017

I'm sorry y'all, I'm here for Mayuki/Akira! I would love for Akira to fall hard for Mayuki.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joined Jun 25, 2017

They cute.

joined Jun 25, 2017

does anyone have a link where to buy the released volume 1 please? thanks very much

You have sites like E-Book Japan or Bookwalker.jp if you wanna read online. For physical import, there’s Ami-Ami, I think?

Hi! I'm a new fan. Anyone know how quick they translate this manga? I know chapter 7 it out in Japan, just curious because it looks so so good.

We translate within 2 or 3 weeks, usually.

Thank you for translating!

patiently waits for the make-out party

joined Jun 25, 2017

Hi! I'm a new fan. Anyone know how quick they translate this manga? I know chapter 7 it out in Japan, just curious because it looks so so good.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I can't help it. I ship Akira & Mayuki. Or I at least can't see Akira with Rin.

╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭ just me I guess.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Tell her it's NOT part of the contract!!! Ugh, I love this manga.