Forum › Posts by Minalinsky

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Kirin posted:

MadoHomu is... complicated- in Urobuchi's words, "I don't think it is that special -- a really strong friendship turns into a lovelike-relationship without the sexual attraction, in their case." Whether this is Urobuchi trying to make a valiant effort to represent homoromantic women or just him being physically unable to utter the word 'love' without adding in fifteen caveats is upto readers to decide.

I heard he really just mean they're canon. Apparently in third movie they originally planned to blatantly state Homura was in love with Madoka, but felt it'd be too direct and people would be offended they treat them like idiots, so they changed it to be a little more subtle, which if you watched movie imo is still pretty blatant. Homura straight says the reason she was able to pull Madoka back from godhood was because of her intense love, if that isn't straight confirmation, I'm not sure what is. Jokes on them that despite them thinking it was so obvious they had to tone it down a bit, most fans think there's nothing more than strong friendship between them and subtext at best. tl;dr: MadoHomu is canon and you can't convince me otherwise.

Ah yes. My favorite quote from the Rebellion:

Homura: "Something you can't understand, Incubator. It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, and far deeper than despair...

It's friendship!"

Then Kyubey slapped his own face with his ear flap. Classic scene.

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 8:49AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Reminds me a lot of Shinozaki and I love it

Minalinsky
LaMire discussion 26 Apr 09:32
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Pripara is one of the best goddamn series ever to air in the history of television.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Although, with the ridiculous number of isekai out there, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a "The Summoned Hero is a violent abusive b*stard !" in the next few years.

Ha ha.
If only you knew.
LN isekai protagonist are scum.

laughs in Konosuba

Not that I like Kazuma, but he's hardly even close to the worst.
A lot of protagonists are written with what I can only guess is the desire to subjugate and take revenge on every woman that has supposedly wronged the author. Kinda like Tazune, except written in a way where you're expected to sympathize or identify with him.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 1:02AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Although, with the ridiculous number of isekai out there, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a "The Summoned Hero is a violent abusive b*stard !" in the next few years.

Ha ha.
If only you knew.
LN isekai protagonist are scum.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Am I the only one who does see Haruko and Midori as friends, but not lovers?

Like, Midori is constantly grieving about Haruko's mom. I have a feeling that is they went any deeper, Midori would be all like "Your mother wasn't like that", or "Your mother wouldn't do that". Midori would be seeing Tsugumi through Haruko's prism.

I so hope I make sense

yes, you're the only one, which is why a handful posts above you assert the exact same thing.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Not to beat a dead horse, but I actually bothered to read the last few pages and I just want to say that using the legality of whatshisface's actions to justify whether or not he qualifies as abusive in a moral sense is silly.

You can find a court of law that would probably side with Tazune even after he smacked her across the face after all!

Hey, those two talking in Spanish ^ have a novel theory: that Tonoike could likely be gay, a repressed homo, and that's why he's so cold and indifferent towards all women, even the ones he dates and shags.

Hope not, he'd literally just be that one guy in Netsuzou.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

About the "incel" terminology thing--this chapter did not reveal that Tazune is "really" an incel--it shows that he once was in the situation that a lot of men who describe themselves as incels believe they are in. Having gotten laid, and with the reasonable prospect of getting laid in the future, he is by definition NOT an incel.

What he is now is a version of a pick-up artist (PUA).

Incels share with PUAs an unbelievably shitty ideology about women and gender relations; it's just that PUAs believe they are successful at exploiting that ideology for their own sexual/ego gratification while incels believe they are (for cultural, economic, and/or personal reasons) disqualified from exploiting that ideology, and they are bitterly resentful about it.

In a way incels and PUAs are two sides of the same misogynistic coin, but they aren't equivalents (and each would certainly hate being mistaken for the other).

That's why I called him a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wifebeater. He had a similar situation to them before, now he's different!

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 5:46PM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Eh, I wouldn't call any of this a "good reason" for being a jerk, but the girls picking on him were -also- being bullying little shits. It's not like they were just not interested in him, they were cruel and belittling. It's showing the cycle of abuse. If you treat someone like shit, there's a good chance they end up passing that abuse on to someone else. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but his later behavior doesn't justify their cruelty either.

Nobody said anything about that. You could keep passing the puck along even, hypothesizing that maybe those girls had problems from others, who also were abused or bullied by another, and so on. Who knows!

He's still walking human garbage, nevertheless, and escalated things to an even more severe level than his aggressors ever did. And not only that, but an enemy of yuri! So like, he should just die.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Well if this was supposed to be a learning lesson, then what I got out of it was:
If the person has been a jerk, there might have been a good reason for it, but that doesn’t mean you should let that person keep being a jerk to you.
Doing that will only make your situation worse.

"good reason"
he's got the backstory of a literal actual ex-incel with reasoning that borders dangerously close on their thought processes to boot.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 3:27AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Not much to think about. Pedophiles and misogynistic wife beater husbands are both bad. Stop trying to bait arguments.

Excuse me, I'm doing nothing of the sort! It was a curious observation to me, nothing more. After all, most everyone seems to know where they stand already.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:52PM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

tfw some people would jump to the defense of a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wife-beater that regularly insulted his "lover" even before this.
but any time there's an new itou hachi manga everyone loses their shit about the gentle and noble protagonist being "disgusting" or "problematic"

really makes you thonking

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:36PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

fukkin cute

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I hope Aki gets a happy ending too, she deserves it.

Even if it's a decently written love triangle, I still don't like love triangles.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:51PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I can count the number of slasher movies I've enjoyed on one hand and still have a middle finger left over for anyone who accuses me of internalized misogyny. There's a lot more to splatter films than '80s American drive-in schlock, e.g. splatstick like Dead Sushi (2012).

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, I said it's just a strange coincidence!
Like how Itou Hachi keeps drawing age gap loli, which is also just a series of patternless consecutive accidents, except Itou Hachi's accidents are way cooler.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:49PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

That depends. When you watch those movies, are you watching because you like a good scare? Are you geeking out of the grossness of the special effects? Or are you thinking "those bitches got what's coming to them"? Edit: because if it's the last one you might be a potential ax murderer.

Yes, people only watch slasher movies because they like a good scare. The fact that when it comes to girls, those who aren't "muh purity" types have their deaths be especially graphic is a total coincidence, of course. All our good upstanding citizens wouldn't dream of wishing harm upon young girls. Of course.

In any case, I know where I stand when I read and enjoy things like this. And that (almost) anything is okay when it involves two cute girls loving each other. Almost, unless it involves of other cute girls dying.

Which this doesn't, so it's 100% ok. Better it be yuri with a cute female lolicon than a normal straight relationship.

last edited at Feb 6, 2020 4:49AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

^ This. Yes.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

Constant verbal abuse, asking for servile obedience, making her pregnant against her will... I don't care if it was the norm in Japan's past, no woman should have to put up with this kind of crap nowadays.

Exactly. I won't deny Midori is a fool for trying to seek "normality" and Maki's a fool for clinging onto a hopeless love for a decade or whatever (even if it's actually going to work out, probably, since fiction), but the guy's just shown himself to be, objectively speaking, walking sub-human burnable garbage.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

A really abhorrent, perverted, and pedophilic manga.

100% agree, I assume you typo'd abhorrent and meant awesome. Or amazing.

Actually, I'm not really much into the whole substitute for broken heart thing. It'd be nicer if they were focused more just on each other. But this manga's about the emotional baggage and drama so it can't be helped.

I​ don't​ mind​ that​ she​ used​ her​ as​ a​ replacement.​ But​ the​ fact​ that​ Aya is​ still​ minor​ and​ Sei​ is​ a full​y​ grown adult​ (plus, teacher).

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 5:43AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 11:56PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

This guy is so bad is like he came from some Korean manwha... I mean, don't get me wrong is just that out of like 5 I've read there's like 3 of them with beyond disgusting assholes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks manhwa are weirdly full of extremely shitty and scummy male characters. It's part of why I don't enjoy them.

I was beginning to think it was just my imagination.

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 10:05PM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I said I didn't want to derail the thread, not that I don't want a discussion. Because it got out of the point quick.

Hmm...

I don't want to open a whole discussion about it.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I don't understand how this artist can go from wholesome well written yuri, to borderline pedophilia in some cases

Have you ever considered that borderline pedophilia is well written yuri?

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 9:02AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they're not assholes about it.

Nobody said you couldn't have your opinion. I'm just asserting my right to laugh at you condescendingly, since you don't want a discussion, so that's kinda all I got to offer; sorry.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:36AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Again, you are completely missing the point, so maybe think twice of who you call retarded. It was a rhetorical question to the logic of "if you don't like something don't read it". Need more explanation than that or you still don't get it? Cause I'm really over this argument.

No, your reasoning is faulty, because forum posts don't have tags to tell me if I'm going to actually want to read it or not. Unlike, say, this manga, which is tagged Lolicon and Age Gap so you know what's coming, a riveting oneeloli age gap tale from the based goddess Itou Hachi.

So I have a proposition, that'll make both of us happy. From here on, anyone that complains about oneeloli in an Itou Hachi work tagged Lolicon or NTR in a Kodama Naoko work tagged NTR is required to start their posts with "Tags: [Uninformed] [Dumb] [Rant]."That way, your logic will hold and it will be my fault for reading said uninformed dumb rant when I knew it was an uninformed dumb rant before reading it, in the same exact way that it is those people's fault for being mad about reading a oneeloli manga tagged Lolicon from Itou Hachi. Thus, you will be correct in your currently bad analogy, and I will never have to read a stupid comment ever again in my life.

It's fucking perfect.
I am a fucking genius.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:37AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I just wanted to state that as a non Japanese person, which I'm also sure others have thought too. I don't want to open a whole discussion about it.

Don't worry, I too am sure that people other than you talk authoritatively about things they don't understand.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:07AM