Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

This just occurred to me, but is pigtails the one in the Sunset Girl photo?

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Damn Nene, you sure are a tsundere

Yes. Hell, yes. She's like a bipolar tsundere: instead of going through long periods of depression followed by long periods of manic high, she goes through long periods of dere followed by long periods of tsun. Right now, she's at the highest point of tsuntsun.
It's kind of frustrating, but, on the plus side, Amane said she is willing to wait forever for Nene to return to her... so she will still be around when Nene's next period of dere hits, and then she will reap the rewards of her patience. ;-)

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Jesus... What happened? This plot is not something we see everyday. I like it.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Holy shit the whiplash

TacoAlPastor
Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Forgive me if I am ignorant about it but what does the tag "lizard" mean?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

FANTASTIC STORY SO FAR, I'M SO HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@TifalovesAerith:
Oh yes, my reaction exactly.

Jesus... What happened? This plot is not something we see everyday. I like it.

@Midnightgunner:
You're so right. In fact, I suspect that's precisely the reason why several of the previous commenters claimed that they didn't fancy the story: they couldn't make it fit in their fixed mental parameters. When you read a lot of yuri, you get used to certain standard plot formulas that show up again and again -- and eventually you start expecting those formulas to appear in any new manga you read. Thus, when something like "Luminous=Blue" comes up, with completely unexpected developments right from chapter one, it's easy to feel uncomfortable -- after all, for those people, the whole story clashes with their expectations.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Chapter two and people already have so many theories. This should be interesting.

2ee87948-0afe-40eb-b096-db4b6039ffff
joined Jul 29, 2016

This just occurred to me, but is pigtails the one in the Sunset Girl photo?

I just checked to see what you were talking about and omg I think you’re onto something here

hausenmaster
Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'd ask the teacher to be my photo model.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Okay, looks like the good ship Hayama x Tarumizu has sunk to the bottom of the sea.

Sensei x Tarumizu is not entirely impossible... but, honestly, I'm not feeling it at all.

My best prediction right now is a Tarumizu x Amane x Nene polyamorous triangle. Tarumizu helps them reconcile, and the grateful duo reward her with love & nookie. Something like that. :P

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Forgive me if I am ignorant about it but what does the tag "lizard" mean?

Only that the Photography Sempai has a pet lizard: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch01#19
Though, seeing how it hasn't appeared in the second chapter at all, it remains to be seen whether this tag belongs on the entire series or just the first chapter.

Calling it now: the photography senpai has hots for twintails and made them break up by lying about something to the black-haired chick. But twintails is not over it, so her plan ultimately failed.

Yes, she’s obviously the cause of their breakup, but we don’t know which one she is interested in. Whatever lie she made up to the black haired chick or whatever blackmailing she has against her, we can tell it’s something terrible.

Am starting to think that she is the cause of breakup too, & from the way she was acting she's trying make sure it stays that way. But this is just my opinion though.

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:30PM

DoubleEspresso_
joined Apr 14, 2019

save your life sailors, Nene x Amane ship officially sunk

Nene x Kou = Touko x Yuu 2.0

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, how many triangles, actual or potential, do we have in play already?

I was always terrible at geometry--I'm sticking with the lizard + anybody.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I will like this no matter how it goes.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Did not see that one coming.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

I'm thinking there's about a 60% chance that tall girl and camera senpai are sociopaths.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, I'm not saying the "ex-GFs" ship has been sunk, but I am saying that it has been damaged a whole lot. That was a lot of torpedoes that hit it.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

My head hurts

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

As of right now it's a square. Either way at least it's not anything as complicated as Otome no Teikoku or Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Alrighty. Some interesting tidbits in this one.
-Nene was the one who confessed to Amane, but she was also the one who broke up with her (by how they act now, one might expect Amane was the one who confessed).
-The model in the prize winning picture was indeed Amane, which might well have been the reason Nene broke up (at least something to do with it).
-I highly, very highly doubt Nene's interest in Kou is real. At least romantically speaking. Whether she is trying to move one from Amane through this or just wants to mess with her, who knows? Maybe she just feels bad for her.
-Kou already rejected a girl before and doesn't quite get romantic feelings (Bloom Into Kou?). The camera seems to be more of a defense mechanism at this point. Very interesting...
-It was still kind of vague before, but now it's almost guaranteed that senpai was and is in love with Amane. If she's not, then she might be something akin to her "muse". I wouldn't rule such artistic reasoning out in a manga about photography.
-Amane, as I already said last chapter, uses friendship as an excuse to hold on to her love. Very unhealthy and problematic, which makes Nene's actions a lot more understandable.

Nothing to truly sway me from my initial bets, but it's definitely more complex than originally expected. The author deliberately keeps the interactions between Kou and senpai to a bare minimum even though she was supposedly the main draw for Kou to even come to that school. Splitting up the thematically appropiate pairs could be a red herring or just a subversion of expectations, but either way I'm excited for more.

last edited at May 11, 2019 3:52PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As of right now it's a square. Either way at least it's not anything as complicated as Otome no Teikoku or Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo.

AnoKiss had a lot of characters, but I don't recall it having all that many serious romantic triangles (there was the polyamory triad, and the girl who had a crush on Yurine, and . . . that's about it that I can think of).

But even my squares were always a little off in geometry anyway . . .

joined Oct 22, 2018

AnoKiss had a lot of characters, but I don't recall it having all that many serious romantic triangles (there was the polyamory triad, and the girl who had a crush on Yurine, and . . . that's about it that I can think of).

But even my squares were always a little off in geometry anyway . . .

For some reason, the last sentence makes me think that, in an attempt to draw squares, you drew deltoids and right-angled trapezes, which I find hilarious for some reason.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Looks like payback

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, I'm not saying the "ex-GFs" ship has been sunk, but I am saying that it has been damaged a whole lot. That was a lot of torpedoes that hit it.

Going back to this quoted post of mine:

Chapter 3's effect on my favourite ship in this manga:
That's a lotta damage!

To reply you must either login or sign up.