Forum › Posts by Madeleinedupris

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I don't think the car crash suspense was unnecessary, imho. Jun saved her and she was grateful to him for that but it didn't influence her affections at all. She knows, no matter what, now, that she and Jun can be friends but that it will never be more than that. I think, as a literary plot device, it was a tad overly dramatic, yet it also served as a sort of physical manifestation of her acceptance of Jun being nothing more than someone she used to love but has moved on from.

The thing is, the way it cut out framed the suspenseful question as, "Is Nika about to get hit by a car?" which is completely unrelated to the point of the story. If the goal was to create suspense about how Nika would react to Jun, then the chapter should've ended with her diving into the street and him grabbing her arm to pull her back. That would've been far more effective, both literally and symbolically. We'd have her and Jun in physical contact, and we'd have Nika attempting to to recapture the glove Kurumi gave her with Jun holding her back.

Now that would've been a good cliff-hanger. It would've perfectly framed the actual dramatic question of the story in a single picture. In its current form, the cliff-hanger is baffling, irritating, and pointless.

There would have been a better cliffhanger like you said, like having the ending of the previous chapter be longer and actually end right where Jun says “wait.”

However, you should know that mangakas or their management think more about cash lol. They want people to all act out and be frantic and get em talking. Like “buy the next chapter to find out!” Or whatever. So having a fake “crash” at the end was exactly what they thought would have people freak out and talking lol.

Madeleinedupris
Where you from?~ 08 Feb 11:53
joined Apr 8, 2019

I’m from Nunavurbiznes

Kidding. I’m from the USA baby

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 11:53AM

Madeleinedupris
Citrus + discussion 31 Jan 20:15
joined Apr 8, 2019

Is that baby Harumin receiving the rabbit?

It’s actually Matsuri, her childhood friend, as explained in the first series. Yuzu and Harumin have never met prior to HS

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I do hope that the series continues, since not everything about the plot has been covered yet.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Wow haha I find th dynamic between these two hilarious. They are the polar opposite of one another. Akari’s happy-go-lucky while Shiho’s deadpan lol.

I also find it funny that Akari keeps asking Shiho what she wants even though her answer is always going to be chocolate lmao...

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Seems ok, but not really a big fan of Shiho character types, who seem really detached and lethargic/uninterested in everything. (even if she's not and just can't express herself). But interested enough to keep reading.

I don’t think uninterested is the right word. She does pay attention to what’s going on around her, such as helping out her klutzy gf whenever she makes a mistake. I’d say she’s just the type of person who just wants to do what’s best for her lover (aka one who gets dragged around easily lol).

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 2:05AM

joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol what’s up with all this half foreigner fetish thing going on in Japan

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Holy crap now this is quality work. I haven’t run into something this good in a while.

My guess is that the new guy is either gay or asexual, because he seemed touched at her comment about there being nothing wrong with being ‘alone.’

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

No lie, this is the best work that Miyuki has done. The story flows so nicely, and it has me guessing and guessing. And it’s somewhat poignant, compared to that awful boob story she released...

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

What the actual fuck did I read? Lol. So different from her good works...

Madeleinedupris
Stretch discussion 21 Jan 21:47
joined Apr 8, 2019

Sigh lol. Just because two girls are together on a cover does not mean that the work is about romance... I thought this was a beautiful piece about two friends who share a positive relationship. Don’t trash talk the series because you wanted to get all horny watching em kiss or whatever :-(

joined Apr 8, 2019

Well those two are friends with benefits, so this case isn’t really poly since none of them are in an actual relationship yet. Imo the MC may end up with the long haired chick

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

These chapters are nice, but the series is still leaving me to guess what the heck her illness is. She doesn’t like going home, using phones, and friends. I think she either has serious stress issues or depression from whatever trauma she went through.

last edited at Jan 19, 2020 6:11AM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Please recommend a series with adults. I prefer lighthearted stories, if not slice of life.

I’ve already been reading the amnesia one. I want to know some other series too.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I wonder if it was actually Jun who got hit and she’s gonna feel all guilty and caught up about this. And because of the accident Jun prolly postpones his trip. Then there’s gonna be this big drama with this love square that’s gonna prolong the series lol. I can just smell it.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Do yall have to start an argument here :/ It ruins the experience for everyone. Works are made so that people can think for themselves. There is no right or wrong answer so let’s move on.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ah I see now. Risako's had the hots for Kaoru all this time.

Madeleinedupris
Unfaithful discussion 26 Dec 00:56
joined Apr 8, 2019

I was thinking the whole way through that the senpai had seriously evil looking eyes. Turns out my intuition was right.

Not evil but just plain fucking creepy. I actually had my suspicions right at the moment where she forced Tashiron to come with her to the pub.

Madeleinedupris
Unfaithful discussion 26 Dec 00:54
joined Apr 8, 2019

If the coworker manages to break Tashiron up with the girlfriend and go out with her instead, there is the high possibility that the coworker will dump her once she's had her fun. The coworker seems like the type of person who is addicted to stealing cute girls from their partners and, once the thrill of "stealing her" is over, she will probably become disinterested in her and move on to a new victim. If the coworker does break up with Tashiron later, would you consider that a happy ending or bad ending?

If the coworker breaks up with Tashiron, then Tashiron will no longer be in a toxic relationship anymore and have the freedom to regain agency in her life. But then, Tashiron, who does not seem to have high-self esteem nor any friends or family to support her emotionally or financially, might become lonely and depressed. In addition, there might be a possibility that Tashiron will go back to her original girlfriend. Or if she doesn't go back to her girlfriend, there is also the possibility that she will find another girlfriend who mistreats her. Or maybe she will find a girlfriend who treats her right.

So then,
A) Tashiron is able to regain agency in her life and be happy
B) Tashiron will be lonely and miserable
C) Tashiron will go back to her original girlfriend
D) Tashiron will find another girlfriend who mistreats her.
E) Tashiron will find a girlfriend who treats her correctly.

Which possibility do you find the most likely and why? And which possibility do you find the find the least likely?

(Or you don't have to answer. I know it's weird asking a reading question for a yuri manga, but honestly I'm just curious what people might think.)

If she did happen to find an actual good person, they would most likely fall for her out of pity. In my opinion pity does not make a completely healthy relationship either. Seeing as Tashiron is someone who would rather hide her feelings and has no healthier way to overcome them other than over-drink or cheat, she will not be in a healthy relationship anytime soon...

Madeleinedupris
Unfaithful discussion 26 Dec 00:48
joined Apr 8, 2019

Now I'm sad. Poor Tashiron, sometimes you just can't win.

She seriously needs a more healthy relationship. She doesn't have a sister or what?

Omfg ahahahaha sister xD

Madeleinedupris
Liberty discussion 22 Dec 23:29
joined Apr 8, 2019

Uh is she wearing a wig or did they really cut her hair and she was okay with it? At least let her keep her black hair wtf is this ugly ass haircut. shit story

Ahahahaha her hair was beautiful, but it still wouldn’t have saved the work from its dumb plot

Madeleinedupris
Liberty discussion 22 Dec 23:28
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol what was Momono Moto on when she agreed to work on this shit story. Shows that celebrities don’t need experience to taint a good genre

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I just noticed... Uta always seems to wear that triangle hair pin. Coincidence or a symbol of the love triangle?

Great observation

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Another cliffhanger ☹️

joined Apr 8, 2019

the people who are asking what might compel a person to do something like this didn’t read lol. It says that his novel may have been plagiarized by somebody in the studio. Although what he did was terrible, they were also at fault for trying to steal someone else’s ideas. Disney committed the same crime to the guy who produced “Book of Life” and “El Tigre,” and these big name studios needed to be taught a lesson.

Whether they plagiarized or not, they didn’t deserve to get burned to death. And thanks to this murderer, we lost a wonderful studio and creative staff who brought us wonderful shows like Violet Evergarden and all the Kyoani classics.