Forum › Posts by Hollows

Hollows
Komorikiri discussion 17 Jan 21:09
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

We already have the author under the name Urin. Why do we need another entry?

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I remember reading an article where someone tallied all the winning conditions of each weight class in the major BJJ tournaments, and found that lower weight classes were much more prone to scrambles. That is, positions were kept for a very short amount of time. This is because smaller people are more agile, and are pound-for-pound stronger as they can lift proportionally more of their body weight. No-gi is also a lot more slippery than gi.

But it's still surprising that Hana could instinctively use the hitchhiker escape without being caught in an inverse armbar or triangle however. Especially against an opponent of Aki's caliber.

I like Hana though because she seems like a competent representation of martial arts basics. The hitchhiker escape is essentially just a bridge, and the log roll escape from under side mount is essentially a reverse shrimp. In practice these movements would take months to years to perfect against a competent opponent, but Hana makes it look easy. I'm rooting for her because basics are important.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 2:04PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

HecaJunko in the background is OK too.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Boy, I love this Mochi person, but I'd wish they'd stop doing stuff about lesbians all the time!

I too enjoy their heartwarming stories about cicadas. But the lesbians are really distracting.

Hollows
Aria's Egg discussion 13 Jan 14:25
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Well, since it's Itou Hachi. It's yuri. No doubt about it.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Awwwwww yeah! Post-apocalyptic yuri? With the creation of a girls only world? Isn't that something. This story is so nice. I don't care for drawn out romances, but drawn out post-apocalyptic yuri could be right up my alley. If only this was a series.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Saw this artist's Pixiv image and I thought the girl was just a boyish looking child. They do get married in the future.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

How nice. Although, Chiaki really isn't a nice person is she? I don't like people who take love lightly in a romance story.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I want the guy to be just a decent dude. While I'm not against the trope, I'd like to see something else once in a while.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Mira is doing that weird thing again.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Hey, that's cute. Studies are important.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Oh my, the mother and aunt's relationship is on full display.

Hollows
Image Comments 07 Jan 21:12
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
60091656_p0

This is the best pairing, because Medicine is a poison doll, but she's always so cheery around Yuuka. Their themes match up so elegantly, and the age-gap is delicious.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Yeah! This is getting to be a serious relationship! And a cool beauty appears! I want to ride this train all the way to Fluffland!

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Awwwwwwwww Yeah!!! What a nice backstory.

Hollows
Image Comments 05 Jan 23:15
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
50662073_p0

For some reason, we have a disproportionate number of Seija x Shinmyoumaru marriage pictures.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

YukaRan is one of my favorites. Because domestic Touhou is precious.

Hollows
Image Comments 02 Jan 02:13
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
Untitled_watamote

@Talos X Identity theft?

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Sun and Moon was a huge blessing for Pokemon yuri fans. So glad to see this going. Not even Hikari (Dawn) and Shirona were this popular.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

So how realistic will this thing be? She's proven she can't dodge Aki forever (her only skill) and Aki's the best at ground work in the whole gym. So if she is indeed "in a match with" Aki "in eight days," realistically, she'll get her little hamster ass beat again.

Maybe it's a kickboxing match. Hana will pull the upset that McGregor couldn't, and knock Aki out with a straight left from hell.

Aki is the kind of person who would heel hook white belts. What a pain. That crucifix position require incredibly long limbs for there to be a clean blood choke. Most of the time, it just turns into a neck crank/trachea crush, which is an absolute asshole move to pull on first week white belts. On the other hand, this is why people should learn to tap with their feet too.

Aki is everything I hate about the sport, in BJJ and MMA. The idea that one has to earn their skill going through pain and more pain, and if they can't take it then they're simply not good enough. Getting hurt during rolling has got to be one of the stupidest ways to injure yourself, and hurting people who are less skilled than you during rolling is the stupidest thing one could do to make yourself feel better.

On another note, Hana has better sprawl reflexes than I do. It's hard to teach a proper shot and it's hard to teach a proper sprawl in BJJ, because it's not the focus of the roll. It seems that Hana was just inexperienced and lost her balance on the sprawl, but sometimes against a hard shot one just have to sprawl that hard. Because some shots come fast, especially in the US where every college-age grappler has about 4 years of wrestling experience. Seeing Hana sprawl that hard is almost beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a white belt with no prior martial arts experience show such great sprawl senses, but I guess that's why this is a manga.

last edited at Dec 31, 2017 3:01AM

Hollows
Blue Method discussion 29 Dec 21:28
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I don't get it.

Hollows
Image Comments 25 Dec 14:51
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
60349266_p1

These two and AsukaLili need to have a contest.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Thought Tamamusi would have a happier ending.

Hollows
Image Comments 20 Dec 14:26
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
46387843_p0

We only have Futo x Miko from one artist...

Hollows
Image Comments 19 Dec 22:23
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
Loveless

I actually watched Loveless a long time ago, and it was surprisingly good.