Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Good news for the frenchies, we've got a physical release for May. Amazon link

Edit : Also Sayonare Rose Garden and Ohana Holoholo.

last edited at Feb 14, 2020 7:00PM

Image2
joined Jan 22, 2014

If you just finished reading the latest ch: Spare yourself a headache and don't read the comments.

Oof, too late..

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

WOW the artwork is insanely good. The story was...a little strange LMAO but I gasped when I saw the wedding panel. So beautiful

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Dunno if you know, but the author of this wonderful series has just won the first prize in the "Eikyuu Shoujo Shinkou" contest for yuri graphic novels, with her manga "Sore wa Shoujo no Zettai Jouken" (which more or less means "This Is The Eternal Girl Creed").

Amusingly enough, the subject is also photography. More exactly, photographers and their models falling for each other. Yeah, just like in Luminous=Blue. ^.~

It's been already translated to Spanish. If you're interested, there's more info here.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ That title sounds like something out of Revolutionary Girl Utena, and I think that's excellent. Anyway, I'm glad they've written another story with similar themes- I absolutely loved Luminous=Blue, but it definitely needed more time to develop (ha ha). Considering that this new work's award-winning, I'm guessing the author finally got the freedom to express their full potential. Hope we get an English translation soon.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I'm sure it will get translated to English before long. Award-winning manga always attract lots of attention.

Word of warning, tho: I've read it in Spanish and can tell you that the story doesn't have a happy end. :/ Many readers were disappointed... and are loudly demanding a second part with a waffier conclusion...

joined Jul 21, 2020

^ Isn't it typical? Literary judges don't like feel-good stories with happy endings. Awards always go to sad & tragic stories.

Koitoyuu-1
joined Jan 23, 2018

Everything was fine until the ending. I'm not used to that at all, and the conclusion did feel rushed.

joined May 23, 2017

Never realised it till now but does having the polyamory tag a spoiler?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Never realised it till now but does having the polyamory tag a spoiler?

For manga that are completed over a year ago, they're really only found when specific tag searches are used, or they're featured. [Especially] given that this manga has a rather unusual tag, it seems better to go with the proper tagging to allow folks looking for Polyamory to find the content they want.

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

I wish the girl that fell in love with Tarumizu would somehow fall In love with Hayama :(

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

im all for love triangles resolving into polyamory, but i will admit it kinda came outta nowhere in this instance. thematically, the story was definitely leaning towards 2 separate pairings in kou+nene & amane+hayama, so to suddenly be hit with both the full extent of hayama's socially-destructive actions & an unforeshadowed poly resolution in the last chapter is a bit much.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Well she definitely took in love with this couple to a literal sense

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

voyeur jk I loved this story and the polyamory was appropriate but I kinda feel bad for that senpai that liked Amane. I think that Nene X Amane was the strongest pairing so if Kou is happy with not being liked as much by those two then that is fine. Happy end!

joined Sep 18, 2016

Nene was so selfish that she lost the chemistry she had with the other two girls. I like the concept of seeing a love story through the eyes of a main character, I don't like the execution. The relationships needed more development. Nene hurt Amane through the whole story and did nothing to redeem herself and prove she was worth Amane's affection. Amane deserved better.

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Polyamory AND a random lizard tag?? Christmas came early this year for me. This was actually super cute.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

the art style's top tier. the ending felt a bit rushed. i wanted to see how Amane would fall in love with Kou and i was also lowkey expecting Hayama to join the poly but all in all, i love it. i need more polyamorous yuri.

joined Oct 1, 2021

freedom for love

joined Feb 10, 2022

I really liked the manga. I see the point that the poly came out of nowhere cause there was no romantic development between Kou and Amane. We can say that Kou actually liked Amane and of course Nene.
Nene well she did not deserve Amane's affection after all she did to her but even after that the love between Nene and Amane is stronger than the one Nene has for Kou.
The could have paired Kou and the club president since they have the same dream of being a pro photographer. But I didnt like the prez' toxicity tbh. If she wanted to make Amane fall for her then she would have done in another way rather than throw in her face the fact that Nene and Kou were dating.
I guess the author made Amane choose that decision cause Kou likes Nene, and probably thought Kou was gonna be sad cause of breaking up. For Nene, Amane knew she was in love with both of them and probably thought Nene was gonna be sad for giving Kou hopes for a relationship after all the time they spent together and the fact that Nene liked her.
I dont think Amane hates Kou after dating Nene. In the end I can say that Amane knew that this type of relationship will work and Kou would not decline. It's a win-win so Nene can be with the girls she loves, Kou can be with both and same for Amane who eventually fell in love with Kou and viceseversa.
Kinda jealous in the extra chapter and Amane gave a nice solution so no one can feel left out whenever they sleep together, bath, dates, etc I guess but it was kinda funny somehow cause Nene knew that includes seggs xd
But yea, like I said at the end they love each other I guess they eventually trust themselves and there was no more jealousy. I wish there could have been two more chapters, one with a time skip where they are living together and going on dates and see more how their relationship is going, and another one for their wedding and see if the prez found someone who was able to reciprocate her love some kind of redemption for her.
All I can say is that I love this manga and I'm gonna try to find the physical copies. I really like the art style for how outstanding it is. Even thought the poly relationship came out of nowhere, and I know because of that some readers were not satisfy, for me this is the manga with the best poly ending. I mean I know about other but they are H, and I know about Canno's manga tho that one was better the mono end rather than poly. Anyway it was a great manga for me at least.

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

I don't think the poly ending came out of no where (even if I was expecting it the whole time bc I found this through the tag), but Amane's love for Kou did come out of no where. Without letting the story finish things properly with another volume (as is what should have happened), it makes more sense for it to be Kou x Nene + Nene x Amane, more than the triad it ended up as. The story didn't really develop kou x amane at all, but it did portray how the three of them would be open to a poly relationship (more so Kou and Nene, the length of the story left Amane's end a little more fuzzy, only to be dictated to us in the last few pages).

Overall, I liked the story a lot. Maybe it's just because I've read a lot more monogamous yuri and gotten used to it, but a poly angle opens up a lot of options for unique, interesting, beautiful stories. I think the story used that to its advantage. Not to mention thats the exgirlfriend and manipulator plots were done quite well imo (aside from a rushed conclusion)!

last edited at May 26, 2022 12:07AM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

This was superb, mind that the pacing was secondary to the photographs and layout. A photographer or artist story about what you see within the frame, no surprise.

Everything worked nicely up until the epilogue / volume 2 bonus. That was cute but nonsense.

In the original ending, Amane proposed the relationship but only said "I have a great time when we're all together", not that she was in love with Kou. Kou's slightly excessive concern for what Amane thinks bothered me until Amane noted that "Taru-Taru loves both of us". I hadn't caught that how Kou looks at her models in an identical way, and similar to how the manipulative senpai thinks about Amane. I only noticed Kou had the potential to fall for both Amane and Nene, and she fell for Nene quickly when confessed to, but not that she already loved both her models. Everything came together into a believable aysmmetric poly relationship where Amane hasn't thought about Kou much yet because she spent the full story pining for Amane. By the time of the wedding pictures long afterwards, maybe Kou fell in romantic love, maybe not, either one could be healthy.

The epilogue doesn't have a location in its background, so it could have taken place any time after the ending trio started dating. It's far enough out that Amane's feelings could have grown deeper. But without buildup, no clues for the timeline, and being the sort of question she'd probably ask very soon after the three started dating, it felt rushed. It's fine but, with this author, two chapters leaving Kou with a sadder position might have been more satisfying than the finale and epilogue being this disjointed. It was just a slapdash publisher-requested feel-good fluff extra.

joined Aug 6, 2023

Chapter 8, page 25. Kinda funny cause the Japanese version never says she's "...as sh*t" cause she just said "I wish Amane was ugly"

Anyway, I wish this manga could have been longer cause, to me, it never made sense out of nowhere Amane wanted to go poly. Ngl I liked the poly ending but need more chapters to polish their relationship specially between Kou and Amane. I always thought Amane and Nene would stay together again dating while somehow Kou would get together with the club president since both loves photography.

last edited at Sep 14, 2023 12:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.