Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

Daymmmm gurl about to step up her game on a new freaking level starting at school.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

My interpretation is that the change happened because Aya defended her publicly. If you compare it to Rhythm B, her friend then defended her at first but ultimately couldn't take the pressure and abandoned Mitsuki. Aya, on the other hand, not only was defending Mitsuki, but also understood immediately what was fucked up about it, and was ready to throw hands for her. For Mitsuki this has been building the entire time she's known Aya. Aya has been constantly confirming how much she likes Mitsuki as she is and wants her in her life. Chapter 74 was big for her when she really felt publicly not alone anymore, but there wasn't a conflict like the previous chapter. Seeing Aya defend her when she is in conflict with others is monumental for Mitsuki.

She not only comes in wearing what she wants, black nail polish like she wants, but she also mentions her uncle's store, her safe place, to the class. She's opening up in a way she never has before because Aya has made her feel safe.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Mitsuki just opened up a whole new world of possibilities for like half the freaking school in one bold moment :O

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Mitsuki, what are you thinking just casually dropping nuclear weapon levels of rizz in class like that??

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice to see she's gained the confidence to pull off something as cool as this. That was so great to see. :D

joined Apr 10, 2023

Mitsuki's just straight up wearing the boy's uniform for their school now, huh.

joined Aug 21, 2023

... I dunno, this just kinda reinforces to me that I don't like this author's writing- it was more confusing to see than anything that she's now suddenly fine and her closest friend didn't know shit about it.

Personally I can't see this as her being fine. The way she reacted during the incident, in combination with the week long gap feels less like her being fine and more like she found a way to apply a new mask to deal with the resurfaced trauma. It's not normal.

Not enough caffeine, so sorry if my wording's a little weird.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 10:56AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That’s what I was thinking—it’s not like this author to have a major character transformation/epiphany take place entirely off-panel.

Well, some of the early development certainly was done more vignette style than a connected narrative, so it wouldn't entirely be unexpected either to just keep moving forward. And let's also not forget that we JUST had her and her uncle play hooky to watch a movie, would be kinda odd doing something similar right away again.

She'll probably explain herself if Mitsuki gets jealous or feels unneeded now or something though. ^^#

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it’s pretty useless to try do a psychological/relationship reading of this chapter’s underlying significance without actually knowing what went on with Mitsuki while she was gone, which I assume we will see in the next chapter or two.

What we actually do know is that she’s shown herself at school in a way that she has never done before.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Holy shit, I didn't expect the "face" reveal. That's pretty rock.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think it’s pretty useless to try do a psychological/relationship reading of this chapter’s underlying significance without actually knowing what went on with Mitsuki while she was gone, which I assume we will see in the next chapter or two.

I would assume she was busy recording her song.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

She spent that week cranking the swag dial all the way up to max.

joined Jan 13, 2019

the public embutchening begins.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I would assume she was busy recording her song.

Well, right—I would think that goes without saying. I was talking about this obviously significant moment of character development.

How exactly did she arrive at the unexpected final strategy of showing up in her cool persona and confronting Nakajima with her recording? Did she go home devastated by her previous humiliation and need to talked into confidence by Uncle Joe? Did she think of Aya’s support as she decided what to do? Did Kanna put in a good word?

EternalSongbird
joined Feb 4, 2019

I NEEEEED to know what happened to our girl in that week cuz my GODS did she just saunter in and be like, "y'all are gay now. Every last one of you. Yes i'm talkin' to the guys too. Congrats." Bless

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mitsuki's just straight up wearing the boy's uniform for their school now, huh.

Ah! I had noticed "difference", like not wearing glasses, but hadn't fully processed all the changes, like wearing trousers. Thanks for pointing that out.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

I think the proceeding chapters are going to really affect my opinion on this because it feels sorta sudden.

I want to see this revealed as a coping mechanism or mask, rather than her suddenly being super okay and super cool in school. I don't think aya defending her should magically make her better, it obviously helps but I don't think most people go from breaking down in tears to swaggering in over the course of a week.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Arachne posted:

I think the proceeding chapters are going to really affect my opinion on this because it feels sorta sudden.

I want to see this revealed as a coping mechanism or mask, rather than her suddenly being super okay and super cool in school. I don't think aya defending her should magically make her better, it obviously helps but I don't think most people go from breaking down in tears to swaggering in over the course of a week.

I just think in that week, she wanted to prove that Aya was right, so she recorded her song for people to hear.

She almost broke, BUT Aya distinctly saved her from breaking by getting angry on her behalf and supporting her all the way. What she didn't have in middle school, where her friend dropped her when things got tough.

So, the bullying followed by Aya's speech made her understand she didn't need to be afraid of not belonging or hide anymore, because she now has actual friends who'll stand up for her all the way.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Gurl maxed out her charisma stat goddamn

( I do miss the glasses tho :’] )

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Mitsuki, what are you thinking just casually dropping nuclear weapon levels of rizz in class like that??

Nuclear nothing. Judging by page 2 hallway girl doubling back and everyone in the room turning her way, that was more like the K-Pg impact on the entire school's sexualities. Out of nowhere, BOOM! No survivors, y'all gay for Mitsuki.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

The only thing for me is that Aya might (and that is a big 'might') go down the jealous route, "why didn't I get the CD?", "why aren't you going to perform it for me?", "I'm your special friend, how come I didn't get to hear it first?"

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

MY GOAT HAS RETUNED!!!

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Homegirl's single-handedly adjusting her school's average Kinsey Scale

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I think Koga just became the gay awakening of several more girls in that classroom

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

THE GIGACHAD!

To reply you must either login or sign up.