Forum › Posts by Junior1210

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Dang-it Narita! I didn't like his character at all when he was introduced (as Jerk-face IIRC), because I thought he'd get in the way of the two ladies getting together. I'd like to think that I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong, and up until today I WAS WRONG. BUT, then he pulls this crap, and my first thought was "Ýep, Jerk-face was dead on accurate".

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Iah_fy-1754962160218788062-img1

Her thought process seems on point to me.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Wait a minute............. I CALL SHENANIGANS!!! Since when do rom-com manga characters (especially well drawn, likeable main characters) engage in meaningful and timely communication about their relationship, without drawing out the misunderstanding for 5000+ chapters?

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
116942627_p0

Reminds me of that old Monty Python song, 'Sit On My Face'. Damn that was a long time ago.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

The idea that Mitsuki was whining for Aya's attention is cute. It also caused me to have Boston's 'Man I'll Never Be' to get stuck in my head (which isn't a bad thing at all). While a few head pats would be nice to see, I'm hoping for Onii-san to do her patented unintentional smooth moves at just the right moment, and Aya responds with an unthinking thank you peck on the cheek, which would freeze both of them.

Junior1210
Love Bullet discussion 28 Feb 02:03
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Here's some wishful thinking, imagine if this story were done by Tadokoro (in the manga, and in her style). Not to take anything away from Inee-sensei, but this could/would be SOOOOOO hard-boiled!

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I forsee this going absolutely perfectly. Absolutely nothing will drive a wedge between them at all.

Damn, that flag got planted like it was on Iwo Jima.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I don't think that being anxious after more than 24 hours of no contact is being needy. It felt like a fairly normal reaction to me. I'm actually surprised that she wasn't banging at her g/f doors after about 12 hours of no contact. No normal person just goes off the grid for that long with no prior notice of some kind. If anyone's weird here, it's Yoru.

Well, I guess this is one of those stories you can't treat too seriously.

I don't find someone dropping off the grid for a day or two all that unusual. There have been instances where I've gone weeks or a couple of months without calling or texting people. Not that there was anything wrong, just that I had nothing to say. I'll admit I'm not normal and I can't recall anyone ever accusing me of being normal either, so take it as you will.

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

@FluffyCow, @Akaii, Thank you for the information, it helps quite a bit to enjoy this even more. I'm not sure what that says about me that I take a certain pleasure in seeing the awkward embarrassment of someone telling their spouse that they love them (even obliquely), but enjoy it I will.

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Kinda wish I followed Gundam just to understand the implied context for this scene. It's set well, the mood is great, the artwork is top notch, the character designs are lovely. All the components are there and in place, and if these were two random original characters, it would just be a nice yuri two page, but I can't help but think there's more here that the reader SHOULD be understanding, that I'm not getting. Frustrating.

last edited at Feb 15, 2024 1:46AM

Junior1210
It's You! discussion 06 Feb 02:00
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Usually these characters are super dense and stuff, but I do like that here the thought process was less like, obliviousness to the possibility it was her, and more like, acknowledging that, but trying to consider other angles on it first to avoid any misunderstandings, and maybe committing to that a little too hard. Like, I respect the humility, and if she really was a Dense Black Hole like some other characters, that last conversation would not have turned out the way it did; she's not stupid, just doesn't want to assume. And I dig that vibe, helps kinda reinforce the theme that like, actually communicating effectively is better, without falling back on the usual more melodramatic angles.

Well said. That's mostly what I meant.

Junior1210
It's You! discussion 04 Feb 19:17
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

It was a little irritating how the story was beating around the bush, but at the same time, I like characters that have enough humility to not just ASSUME that they are the target of a persons affections. No matter how romantic it might be to have your favorite person read your mind and just know they are your soulmate or whatever, NOTHING beats a straight out face to face, in person, confession. Anything less (without extenuating circumstances) is just cowardice.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Hmmmm, just throwing it out there, but what if, just WHAT IF, Aya had read enough manga to know that at this point she's gonna have to chase Mitsuki all over God's creation to make any progress happen, SO, she knocks her off the stairs to slow her down enough to actually make some sort of progress. Abusive and evil? Yes, but also effective. Also gives her an excuse to hang out at her house even more and faun over and spoil her crush.

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Sleepymocha_-1745185823576727611-img1

For some reason I keep hearing the song 'Rumpshaker' in my head looking at this picture. Shake baby, shake baby, one, two, three, four, shake baby, shake baby, one, two, three, shake baby, one, two, shake baby, one

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Cesarzebrah-1738476786311467494-img1

I stand corrected.

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Cesarzebrah-1738476786311467494-img1

"To whomever it may concern;
By The Judgment Of The Oratrice Mechanique d'Analyse Cardinale,
Ganyu shall hereby date Keqing."

Junior1210
A Cute Guy discussion 01 Jan 01:41
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

... is this also going to turn into hard-boiled violence? It is, isn't it?

Almost EVERY Jojo meme and reference I know, plus boss fight BGM popped into my mind when I saw the last panel of this chapter.

And after reading the T/N for chapter 25, the Jojo comments were just right. Cue up the Pillar Men theme.

Junior1210
A Cute Guy discussion 01 Jan 01:34
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Chapters 24 and 25 are up on Mangadex.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

OH NO I READ ALL THAT IN ONE SITTING WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOWW.... This really was so wholesome and tysm jam city <33333

Agreed. Had to check my reading history cause I thought I had skipped a couple chapters by mistake. What a horrible feeling.

Junior1210
Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
G_r_s__-1736854105073635663-img1

Gf is disappointed she didn't already know about the WSL game?

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Confession song?

I would think 'Sing Me Your Love Song' By Jonathan Butler would be perfect except it's the wrong genre of music and would give the wrong vibe at this time (too laid back and soft), but I can't think of another song that would work near as well though. A number of Boston's songs keep wanting to bubble up, but again wrong genre and wrong vibe, plus lacking a whole band as back-up.

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Milfcookiesimp-1727341072546922560-img1

Then the question gets asked; "What grudge do you bear against me, that you haunt my thoughts so viciously?"

Junior1210
_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021
Westlee_ar-1733127482101080542-img1

"How can I cuddle up to you, if you're cuddled up to me?"

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Being told how amazing you are by the person you love is one hell of an aphrodisiac.

I don't know, but I hope you're right. On that note in the Christmas spirit, I pray that EVERYONE here on the forums gets that affirmation as much as they need and want this year and in the year to come.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 12:09PM