Forum › Posts by Altair

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Also, I can't help but feel that the goodbye note was Houzuki being a bit petty *See? I'm not a child. I know latin!" But it works with the somewhat hopeful ending the author was going for.

That or more of her pretentious self trying to impress Hina

I think she's mostly an edgy book nerd haha

Yeah, she struck me as more of an Oscar Wilde-type of tryhard. Or like she was trying to be pretentious and obviously failing at it. I say this with no disrespect to them, but she reminds me quite a bit of the theater kids I knew back in high school and college interested in filling a persona

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 12:00AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

There sure is a lot of talk about putting a tragedy tag on this when there hasn't been a tragedy. No need to jump the gun, but continue sharpening your axes for the battle ahead!

Since this chapter was only published a few days ago, the ending is still undetermined. But if anyone thinks it is warranted, they can still suggest the Depressing as fuck tag. Depending on how the story goes, it might still be pretty spoilery.

The general rule, which is consistent, is that tags that would spoil critical plot points are not added. A hidden tags system, like on MD or sad panda, would require a new feature being developed. It's not a small endeavor but I hear it's actively being considered.

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 1:45PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Tsubomi... ;_;

Yeah from Tsubomi volume 10. What about it?

It died for our sins.

Luckily we have fresh raws and a good scanner. In general. Not for Tsubomi 10 yet.

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 12:25PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It is probably both, magazine companies do test runs to see how well something might sell.

Ah, turns out these are relatively old. Sad days

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 12:09PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Maybe this should be tagged subtext, unless hugging your best friend is considered gay now.

It's part of a yuri anthology by Ultra Jump.

Hence, it's yuri.

Eh, Yuri Hime puts out a ton of subtext, so the story will need to speak for itself. I won't touch it, though.

More importantly, what's this new magazine? Is it aiming to be a competitor to Yuri Hime owned by Shueisha?! Because that would be monumental. A game-changer. Something that could expand the genre beyond anything it's seen before. Or is the Ultra Jump magazine just releasing occasional yuri anthologies like a fanservicey Eclair?

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 12:09AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is too fucking real what the hell

Now that's what doujinshi is for!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Time for some timeline snooping. So chapter 66 here came out in the 2020.11* yuri hime, and chapter 159 of yuru yuri came out in the 2020.09 yuri hime. So when did 162 come out? And did c67 of oomuro-ke come out first?

*allegedly. It looks like there's a typo on the chapter listing on page 14 of c66

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

With the premise of this series essentially being the erradication of misogyny through the power of gay, it took me a few seconds to realize that the shopkeeper was implying they should prostitute themselves to pay for their goods. Seriously, I don't know what tone that was supposed to be delivered with.

He's just pissed they altered his merch without paying for it, no prostitution implications. It'll clear up next chapter, if it follows the LN, as a lead in to talking about the wage gap.

Something interesting I ran into is that all the stories from the LN author might be set in the same world. The great mage Laplace is mentioned in A Lily Blooms in Another World, although I haven't read Dragon Daddy Diaries

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 11:53AM

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 20 Jan 16:40
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

How in the hell has KFC weasled it's way into being the holiday meal in Japan? Do they not use racoon meat in it there like they do here?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ditch that company. Seriously, tell them to gf themselves.
Just get an arubaito or two, be a shop clerk or something like that, and it'll be more than enough to make ends meet. Anything's better that working in that hellhole. It's no different than being a slave at the salt mines.

You have revealed the true nature of all labor. Salt mines all the way down

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Has this always had the couple life tag?? Did I just miss something?

Yeah, it was put there early on because the editor blurbs and advertising are explicit about them being a couple but it's all subtext in the story itself. But hey, no text exists in a vacuum

Fun tags added: literal product placement of the author's own merch

I did not understand ch 23, why did the kohai apologize ??? Could someone explain it to me, please
Was it cheating??

She did the taxes for the wrong year because kouhai brought the wrong receipts. She apologized for wasting the whole night.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 6:56PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Pokemon trainers wearing bondage gear now.
Gotta Dom em all.

welcome to original gen 1! Everyone had whips and it was totally cool

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

(Also note that, at least in the US, Subarus are the stereotypical lesbian car.)

X e n a

Altair Uploader
DAI HARD discussion 24 Dec 22:52
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It really gets you in the spirit

Altair Uploader
SHY discussion 21 Dec 11:48
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

yeah damn this chapter has really only heightened my suspicion that they or more specifically Nirvana will turn villain in the future that man is sus as all hell

I'm betting on Shy's sister being one of the main amalreiks villains, and probably one of the final ones.

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 11:49AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Feeling some hardcore pre-covid subway nostalgia right now

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's like replacing Tokyo with New York. Both are names of capitals of the country, so technically they're the same and your readers are more likely to be familiar with New York than Tokyo, so it makes perfect sense, right?

Strawmanning the entire practice of localization, the process of recreating the original artistic experience for a new audience and the gold standard for any even remotely professional translation, isn't going to persuade anyone. Is it rough here? Sure, absolutely. Does that mean awkward, direct translations with flattened character voices where new audiences have to be in the know or interrupt their reading experience to look something up are inherently superior? I don't think so, but I can strawman too. Personally, I think translations where you don't adapt for a target audience do a massive disservice to the creator and their art while straying very far from their intended reading experience

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I believe this is the last untranslated story from "This Channel has Nobody but Us."

If this can be confirmed, I'll move it to the collection. The first few pages of the collection has a table of contents if anyone wants to check it out as I cannot read Japanese. The page counts don't line up, but that might just be a padding thing

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 3:58AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Could someone enlighten me? What's an asmr audio drama? I know what all these words mean separately, but...

last edited at Nov 28, 2021 2:53AM

Altair Uploader
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 12:33
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It is slapped together because she is an inexperienced writer, this being literally her debut.

While she may get better with experience, other writers do well in their debut work. The question of talent versus incentive remains.

Not everyone does well in their debut works, so it is hardly an actual argument. Plus...

Consider for a moment that this series is one of Galette's flagship series, one of the only ones allowed to continue when the magazine was in rough shape due to covid and tightening budgets. Like you say, it's basically a VA having fun, and it sells books. Keeping an indie publisher afloat during the pandemic is an impressive debut no matter how you slice it.

It might be more interesting to speculate why the hell it manages to do it's job so well. Here's to another 5 years of it!!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Take that Clamp.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Damn Goggled, I still love you at least <3

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

all future legal repercussions

Proving their innocence in the court of law isn't really the issue they're facing

Altair Uploader
To Bloom discussion 17 Nov 23:16
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ah, of course. The love liquid was tears.

All hail 0mnissience, purveyor of Mayakuro!

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 11 Nov 20:12
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
D16es4lwkaacagw

Hey, you! You can buy this in high quality card stock on Ticcy's store. It's the size of a postcard. For like three dollars. And it's glorious. Do it.