Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the guy was just like "Chitose met her first love and they are getting along well? She should just switch girlfriend and dump Yae".

And this is why he's the bad guy people.

He took his girlfriend for granted.

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 12:53PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ah yes, the dreaded Japanese cold.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

No homo.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The premise of this manga is so flimsy... "Sempai thought that possibly/maybe she saw a girl that looked like Mai (from a 5 years old photo) in a brothel... let's fuck our way through all of Tokyo brothels to check if she's been mistaken or not..."

Right... this is just a pretense so we can see the cute-shy MC have sex with a panel of various women.

Inb4 the sempai was actually interested in fucking the MC from the beginning.

Nya-chan
Roid discussion 27 Sep 04:05
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Noooo.... not the creamer!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A lesbian a day, keeps the doctor away.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I got yandere vibes from both of them.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, we are heading toward a timeskip and a conclusion? Now that Uta and Kaoru poured their hearts out.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Poly end or I'm flipping the table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And I intend to stay very far away from labels and communities of people who think they are special snowflakes.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

jovewolf posted:

jovewolf posted:

The one who's useless is him. He's stuck in this little town and just tries to belittle the woman next to him so he can feel better about himself. Calling a woman "useless" because she makes mistakes from time to time is an habit of men with a complex of inferiority.

She could find a much better man (or woman) than this mediocre man.

I mean I'm pretty sure Yoshioka would be the first to agree with you - based on what we've seen through the entire story he's not calling her useless to make himself feel better, he's doing that in an effort to drive her away because he doesn't believe himself to be worth worrying about/loving/etc. when she could have something better.

Surely, there is a better way than belittling her. Calling someone useless repeatedly can be very damaging to their growth. He's literally harming her. And it's psychological damage akin to bullying.

last edited at Sep 16, 2020 4:49PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ater posted:

Dammmn people really do switch fast. I'm kind of sad that people are suddenly rooting for Shiho and Miwa. I mean, there's only been a few chapters so far about her? She still feels like a stranger to me. Huhu I kind of began caring about Saeko and Miwa and their relationship as the chapters increased.

But I do know it's not Miwa's job to fix her and that Miwa deserves a healthy relationship. Anyway, I hope Miwa tells Saeko about Shiho, but for some reason, I think Saeko's gonna pull the "I'm not jealous" card again.

Well, the thing is that Miwa was really in love with Shiho. And Shiho as far as I understand, realized, too late, that she had feelings for Miwa too.

It happens : the timing was bad, they were young and there were family issues. So the serendipity was lost.

Now, there's a chance to repair that (but it probably won't happen).

But I wouldn't be disatisfied if it happened (in an honest way, no cheating), because the relationship of Miwa and Saeko (in this timeline) is fraught with misplaced expectations, misunderstandings, lies and compromises. It hangs by a thread. Saeko seems to be more moved by lust than by love and Miwa seems to be more moved by just being in a relationship than by love. They are trying hard, true. But you end up wondering if it's worth it to spend that much efforts to make it work.

But I agree that we don't know how a Miwa x Shiho relationship would work.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

J005812 posted:

Yo, do you guys think Miwa's mom is homophobic? Cuz on page 8, Miwa explained on how her mom rejected an important part of her, and how she was really hurt by it.

She's referring to when her mom criticized T.V. for showing women kissing.

Miwa's mom is just as homophobic as any average mom raised traditionally. All her life, she was told that gay people are abnormal people and she's a million miles away from thinking she could have raised someone like that.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The old unrequited love that comes to regret, but it's too late...

Maybe they'd be a better matched couple than the main.

I mean, I'm not even sure Saeko and Miwa love each other. They are just in it because "why not?"

Give Love A Chance!

last edited at Sep 16, 2020 2:16AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The one who's useless is him. He's stuck in this little town and just tries to belittle the woman next to him so he can feel better about himself. Calling a woman "useless" because she makes mistakes from time to time is an habit of men with a complex of inferiority.

She could find a much better man (or woman) than this mediocre man.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

2SpiritCherokeePrincess posted:

@Budboy37: The girl who would rather play with her cat than look for a boyfriend might be one of us.
@Bugpope, Kokoa: SHE IS NOT MOLESTING HER CAT!! If you look at the story again you'll see the cat having fun tearing up the condom. She's thinking of them only as cat toys, not their intended purpose.

Inb4 the cat transforms into a cute boy or girl.

HAPPENS ALL THE TIME ACCORDING TO MANGA!

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looks likes there are only three students in that class. All the others are faceless mute mobs.

And I can't help but notice that the students "reacting" to her teachings were all female and pretty level headed.

I can see why why she didn't use boys: they would either look embarrassed, horny or being all like "hur hur hur... sex, condoms...", leering at the girls, or virtually elbowing each other, if she was to be realistic.

Obviously, author forgot (or choose to ignore), what a class full of teens is.

Nya-chan
Dear NOMAN discussion 13 Sep 04:27
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So... The End?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anjelika posted:

It's still on mangadex.

It will probably stay on Mangadex : they usually keep translations that are not rips of official releases.

Though the scanlators may drop it.

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 4:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looking East posted:

Anyway, I seem to have gone off on a tangent. My point is simply that her not calling the cops is hardly unusual behavior if she lives in a broken household with a deadbeat dad.

Don't confuse the United States with Japan. Only in America are cops this violent, stupid and scared shitless by those they are supposed to protect.

In Japan, toward ordinary citizens, the police is very polite. And you don't have to call by phone: there is usually a kōban (police box) in the neighborhood you can just go to and they will try to help to the best of their ability. And they patrol on bike every day. Children are taught from an early age to trust police.

In the context of Japan, this girl would just have gone to the police box and signal that her father was missing. Then help would have come, like they would have called her relatives or the child protection services...

This girl's dad appears to be of the useless neglectful variety and she doesn't seem to have any other close family to go to, so her not involving the authorities isn't that surprising although where her money comes from is another another issue all together.

Don't think Japan is like the U.S. Yes, it is surprising that she wouldn't talk about it to any authorities. She could even talk about it to a school teacher and they would do something. She didn't strike me as someone completely cut from any social contact. She has friends and neighbors she talks to.

This is a huge plot hole, but obviously, the author just skipped on it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Throbelisk posted:

I've never understood the "parent(s) had debt and ran away so suddenly the child is responsible for it" bullshit that's shown in stuff like this and Hayate no Gotoku. That's not how any of that works at all. It would actually be an interesting story if this could happen in real life.

Me neither. I'm pretty sure that even in Japan, none can legally put the debt on your relatives if they didn't sign as collateral. And especially not on a minor.

And I don't even understand why she didn't file a missing person notice to the police.

"My father is missing. I don't have any money to pay the rent, the utilities or the groceries, but who cares? I will just live here with my cat until something happens, like Yakuzas selling my organs, or a lesbian debt-collector invading my privacy, or whatever..."

last edited at Sep 11, 2020 4:58PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maybe pedophilia is a huge problem in Brazil, but I can't see how it relates to Japanese works of fiction. It's the same kind of reasoning that blames video games and metal music for just about anything that goes wrong in today's youth. Or is it the 5G towers?

And most of the things I read about Brazil in the news these days is how they are dying from Covid in droves and their government doesn't give a shit, and are somehow even proud of it. I'm not sure it's related to religion though. Just to stupidity (which is not incompatible, mind you).

last edited at Sep 10, 2020 1:26PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

FluffyCow posted:

I see the comment section is a mess like usual, and people that have problems with prostitution still aren't avoiding works in this short story collection, and the prostitution tag. So another typical day on Dynasty, or maybe I should say the internet since people constantly refuse to skip/avoid things that they hate, and instead choose to complain that they exist.

Funny how suddenly, an opinion about prostitution suddenly became "a complaint that this manga exists". Quite a leap there.

I don't see the fantasy prostitution in this manga as a problem. Like I don't see the pedophilia in Itou Hachi's manga as a problem either. Because they are just that: manga. And as such, they are works of fiction and none was ever hurt.

I don't hate works about that, or even love them for that matter. It all depends on what the story has to offer.

But using these works to justify what they depict as legitimate is another thing and somehow, for prostitution, that what I saw here.

I never complained about the work itself. It is what it is.

I just don't like the prostitution industry, how it exploits and hurts people in the real world and how some people pretend legalizing it will solve most of the problem.

But I very much doubt they'd actually be OK with their girlfriend having a side job as a prostitute. Which is, according to them, "a normal job". Yeah. Right.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Throbelisk posted:

Legal prostitution isn't a solution. It's a cop-out. Education is. Especially of men who think they are entitled to have sex and see women as objects.

Every documented legalization of illegal substances or activities would disagree with you. Legalization and regulation would allow those being exploited to actually report it to the authorities without fear of being arrested. Prohibition does not work, and it never has.

Actually, developed countries where prostitution is illegal never jail prostitutes themselves, but only those who profit from it and coerce others into it. The fear of being arrested is rarely there. But the fear to get deported back to their country is there, whether prostitution is legal or not.

In a state where prostitution is legal, like Nevada, an exploited illegal who would come to report to the authorities would get a thank you, then would be deported in the same beat.

Legalization is hypocritical. It never stopped the illegal parts. It just allows the "authorities" to have their share of the cake.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Quite a peculiar universe.