Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

just curious, can the title translate into something or a reference of something?

"Monthly, With Garden, With Landlord"

It's on mangaupdates page.

It's not a reference to anything that I know.

But in Japanese, all words end with tsuki, so it rhymes, which is probably the effect the author wanted.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 3:42PM

Nya-chan
Inversion discussion 31 Jul 14:20
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ushio posted:

Let’s be honest here. GL Manwhas have become or are becoming a hell of a lot better than JP GL mangas. I’ve noticed Korean comic authors draw more mature and intriguing stories with actual ADULTS (while there are some high school romances which are nice too.) they really just hit the right spots with story and some manejas would be having some gorgeous art like fr fr

Just read some Pito.

And come back saying that Korean yuri is better.

Nya-chan
Inversion discussion 31 Jul 13:16
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The translator didn't have much work.

Hope they got paid by the word, not by the page, or it's a rip-off.

Other than that, it's very... Korean.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 1:16PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

I mean, if they turn out to be a girl, then they are heterosexual (or asexual) since they "can't get it up" for the girlfriend. So, it's not "yuri".

Transgirl on girl is still yuri on my book. It will be het if it's transboy on girl.

I don't think you understood.

Who said they are a girl/transgirl?

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 12:21PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

It doesn't look like that kid is turned on by girls.

They say "He couldn't get it up" with the girlfriend, so I guess there's that.

Still up in the air if they have gender dysphoria or not.

So, they may be trans, but not a lesbian.

afaik a transgirl is still a girl so it's yuri if it turn out to be that.

What do you mean?

I mean, if they turn out to be a girl, then they are heterosexual (or asexual) since they "can't get it up" for the girlfriend. So, it's not "yuri".

We still have not much information about their preferences, except that their first time with a girl was a limp disaster.

It doesn't mean they are attracted to guys. There was no hint in the locker room that they were having thought about their teammates.

So, from what I can gather from the few hints here and there:

• Girls don't interest them sexually ("can't get it up")
  • They don't want to be all muscley (because of next point probably)
  • They want to crossdress and pass as a girl, "like Sakuma".
  • They thought Sakuma was a kindred spirit (a crossdressing man with a girlfriend?)

So, still unknown if they are trans.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 9:38AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It doesn't look like that kid is turned on by girls.

They say "He couldn't get it up" with the girlfriend, so I guess there's that.

Still up in the air if they have gender dysphoria or not.

So, they may be trans, but not a lesbian.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 5:51AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

IAKi100atT posted:

Wow thank you once again manga for your thrilling depictions of trans women as hopeless stalkers

And I think you're paranoid.

We know literally NOTHING about their reason for wanting to pass as a girl/woman, but you just have to go on assuming things and feel insulted on your own.

FYI, some people want to crossdress because of other reasons than some gender dysphoria.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 4:12PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wow, the sister is an asshole.

"I have a lover in university, I leave them, and my sister, to make merry in a foreign country, meet some stud there and decide to marry him"

Talk about being selfish and insensitive.

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 12:54PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's got a feeling of the 80s style.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm rooting for a nice boat

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Top tier.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Eww... everything is bad here. upscaled LQ raws and shitty translation.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Humanity goes with a (yuri) bang.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 2:28AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think it's a bad idea to make a distinction about the country of origin of the works.

There's no value to it, except for a few narrow-minded persons who would like to filter only specific countries. Who cares if the artist is from China or Japan? What counts is if the story is good.

It's always been the philosophy of Dynasty: if the staff considers a work worthwhile to read, they will try to get it on the reader to share, whether it's Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Yuri or not.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shinohara obviously knew that Heke wanted to confess. But she wanted her to take that step herself.

Now, time for some long overdue snu-snu.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Toxic relationships are the best.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shawn posted:

Okay quick question how many chapters are out because it feels like this Series has been out for a while now?

7 chapters are out. They are on MD.

This here, is the tankoubon version, by the same scanlator.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ruri is seriously cute.

I want to protect that smile!

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

These chapters are too short and there's two per year or something?

This is an unbearable pace.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My takes is : It was all a dream and when she wakes up, she gets the courage to confess

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

manganese posted:

Wait what’s wrong with retranslated again? Also, thanks for answering my question earlier

Retranslation is basically betraying the original twice. Exponentially.

last edited at Jul 4, 2021 2:46PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Page 8 is pretty gay.

"I want this for all 3 meals".

"You'll make a great wife"!

It's basically a proposal.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Jayxnoir posted:

Welp, landlord chan caught the MC..Hook, Line and Sinker. Also, I’m assuming the landlord is a foreigner? She talks veryyy different. Keeps saying “ya” after ever sentence. It made me imagine that she’s from Sweden or something.

She speaks Kansai-ben, she's from somewhere down south (Kyoto, Osaka, etc. ) .

Ah I see, thanks for informing me or else I would’ve read the rest of the manga imagining the landlord having a Swedish accent lol

As long as it's not a Scottish accent...

Anyway, people from Kansai speak a slightly different Japanese and other Japanese people can easily spot them usually.

If someone in an American comics wanted to portray a character from Texas, they'd make them say some "y'all" and everyone would understand they are from Texas.

Same thing for the Japanese writers when they want to show someone is from Kansai. Just change the language and expressions a bit and the readers take the hint.

Scanlators usually translate it by giving the characters some kind of accent, or expressions, to mark the fact that they are from Kansai, because it's most probably a plot point.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 3:13PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'll just leave this here.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I was so hyped up when I realised who the author was and then it turns out to be another manga about a mangaka.

Not even. She's an editor.

At least, she's not an OL.