Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The end was probably trying to be profound, but ended up being confusing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MorallyLucky posted:

From what we know, that guy must be the father of Theo.

And a rapist, since it can be inferred that Theo was born out of such event.

I can't wait for this guy to be beaten up by Sera.

Is he? He looks kinda young.

Since Theo looks to be around the same age a the others, he should be around 18.

The guy looks thirty-something?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That page 3 of chapter 36 was coming out of nowhere.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

From what we know, that guy must be the father of Theo.

And a rapist, since it can be inferred that Theo was born out of such event.

I can't wait for this guy to be beaten up by Sera.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

WindyFall must be in dire need of editors.

Releasing typesetting so bad that people will join them out of feeling that even they could do better.

Nya-chan
VAMPEERZ discussion 25 Nov 06:44
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pyoro posted:

I have seen that concept in a decent chunk of vampire stories outside of yuri as well. It actually makes sense as a story device.

What's funny about this is that while it's a common vampire trope I've literally yet to see it.

Yofukashi no Uta

There are failed vampires.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Easy. if she was going to live with a man, parents would probably have misgivings.

But with a woman? Unless a surprise coming out, they'll be fine with it.

Nya-chan
Pink Ribbon discussion 24 Nov 05:59
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

At this point, it's a yuri crush on a straight tomboy.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's obvious that "thief" will become a recurring character.

They will probably get their stuff back next chapter and that girl will help them settle down at that place.

She shouldn't have taken it, but maybe it's not the first time some "junk" is abandoned there.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 6:44AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Regreg posted:

Ugghhh i wish there's more

There is more on Mangadex.

This here is the redo of the scanlator with the tank.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I get Conan vibes from this.

Nya-chan
Murasaki discussion 14 Nov 07:13
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:
By Chapter 2: It seems MC is bisexual

She's dance-sexual.

Nya-chan
Murasaki discussion 13 Nov 04:27
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Woah, I had completely forgotten about this.

Art is something else and the characters are intense.

Glad it was picked back up.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just read the title. It's 3 years later. Ruriko is 17, when she was 14 in chapter 1.

And there aren't that many characters that you'd get lost. And no, they are not drawn "similarly".

Kyouko (black hair)
Nacchan (long light hair)
Ruriko (short hair)

I understand that people are frustrated that it wasn't a yuri end, but I think it was a really good manga. It depicted the complexity of love and how to deal with heartbreak. The author made use of Japanese poetry in chapter 4 to hint at the tangled feelings of Ruriko (symbolized by black hair), when she couldn't accept that she had been in love and that this love had ended. Both the poems read by Kikuchi are tanka poems about love. The lesson in class cites "The tales of Ise", a collection of poems and the one the teacher talks about is from someone declaring his love.

I get the impression that the author used a very subtle Japanese way to express feelings and relationships, but it's lost on most non Japanese readers who only see a drama about being dumped.

I get that some want happy stories about happy yuri couples, but others are able to appreciate the way a story is woven, even if the ending isn't what they'd hope for.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 6:32PM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dantz posted:

And dropped.

There isn't much to drop: there's only 1 chapter left.

And your point is that the guy deserves better?

Well, in that case, he gets the girl and she tries her best to move on from her first love.

What's shitty about that?

I think you misread the story.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is a trainwreck.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah no.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Style reminds me a bit of Dowman Sayman.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

rkkn posted:

I didn't notice till now that Glamor's face is very similar to her father's. mouth usually has a fixed pose, eyes usually eerily wide with dark circles around them

She has the same pink eyes with dark circles around and the same pink hair with a green underside.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Skywallker posted:

except that the Japanese pop culture has taught us that anything vaguely Christian is always evil

So the typical japanese wedding is evil?

What japanese pop culture targets is less Christianity and more organised religion, Christianity is just the most popular

Oh and your statement would apply to not only Astra But Liane as well wouldnt it?

They like Western style wedding because it's fancy, whereas the traditional Shinto one is rather stern.

To them, there's nothing religious in it.

last edited at Oct 31, 2021 3:22PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nene posted:

"... I made a mistake."

Okay but... what is she talking about?

Does she mean her that father's scolding has made her realize the error of her ways?

Or is she furious because her dastardly plan has been thwarted? "Curses, foiled again! I should have asked him for a blank invitation and filled the name myself!"

She's crying because she was seen through by her father and got scolded for it.

It was a very polite scolding. He was not even angry. He even showed her the way to correct her mistake and making it a good thing.

Her mistake is to have thought she could use her father to embarrass Liane. Now, not only did her father scold her, but she has to take responsibility for Liane's well being during the party.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I think she got scolded.

In a very "Let's make this a lesson" way.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

niewaznekto posted:

I'm getting confused about the angel daughter-father relationship. Is the father an actual controling asshole to his daighter, or does she simply have some sort of complex and is misinterpreting what her well-meaning father is saying?

I thought it was obvious that she has a father complex, as well as a superiority complex (because of that same father), but he himself is worried about his daughter being under pressure because she's his daughter.

So he could see that there was something fishy about Glamor inviting someone from the lower class she doesn't get along with. So, he tries to get her back on the right track.

And she's now disheartened, because to be up to her father's expectations, she'll have to help Liane.

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 10:14AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think she's her mother.

She had a very good relationship with her grandma, so I doubt she would kowtow to her.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Actually, these 3 chapters are all from a different point of view.

Ch1: Ruriko
Ch2: Nacchan
Ch3: Kyouko

I guess that in the next chapters, it'll all blend together.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 7:59AM