Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cliff!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Utena x Azul is practically canon at this point.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's already completed at 8 fucking volumes.

This release schedule is torture.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sipping wine with an eyepatch, while looking at a screen. So badass.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was super cute.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's not that bad. The whole thing is contrived, but it's probably because of the one-shot format and the page number limitations.

But the scene in the school infirmary is somewhat hot.

I don't expect something in Avalon Bitter to be all fluff.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You can feel the drama/tragedy building up...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Page 23: "You've coming" should be "You've come".

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This manga should be named Nakano's harem.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Gotta need a rape tag.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Basically, all men are faceless in this.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Akiji posted:

I'm glad this chapter shed a little more light on Arata's situation; people were dunking on him pretty hard after the first chapter but I get the feeling that he's just as tired of going through the motions as Yukako. He can't even hang out with his 1 friend at work without someone making a big deal out of it.

Arata's situation illustrates something feminism knew very well in the 60s (before it got corrupted and rotten) that is: men are also victims of the capitalist-patriarchal social establishment, and suffer because of it as much as women.

I wouldn't go that far. Some men eventually suffer, because it's a "dog eat dog" system and those at the bottom of the hierarchy are not in a good position, but most of the "capitalist-patriarchal social establishment" is heavily skewed in their favor. They just have to navigate with the flow and everything becomes a lot easier. That Arata guy just has to drop his friend (who he uses to make himself feel better anyway) and pretend to be a predator among predators and everything will get better. The system favors men who follow its "rules".

A woman, on the other hand, has to struggle a lot more and abandon a lot more to be acknowledged. And even then the system is actively putting her down, so it's never enough.

So, don't put the struggle of men and women on the same level.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Good Morning.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's the case in a lot of countries that married couples don't sleep in the same bed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Existential Crisis of Yukako.

Nothing a good beating by her husband can't cure. /s.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I've yet to read a yuri series addressing the subject of STDs anyway.

It's manga world. Except colds, none ever gets sick (unless it's the whole point of the plot, like a character is dying from something specific).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Fegr posted:

Here you go: https://i.imgur.com/UqP27o5.png

Thanks. I see that some of them had a least 5 different partners, like Kuyou and Takako.

Good thing it's not reality. Or STDs would become a real risk.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MournfulLust posted:

Also, it's kind of weird that the first comment on this series was made today when the series was on dynasty for nearly a year by now.

The date on Dynasty is the date of when it was released by the scanlator, not the date it was posted here.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 2:51AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I kinda like the fact that Ataru is looking quite average. Not ugly, not cute. Just normal.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Who are these characters and why are they having sex?

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think that cis people (like me) can't really comment on what trans people actually feel without sounding patronizing.

The only thing we can do is acknowledge them and support them if they need it.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ah yes, the classic "I don't know if I want to be with her or if I want to be her".

Reminds me of another manga...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Koreans are obsessed with bullying. It's endemic in Korea's schools. There's so much pressure on the students for the exams and there's basically no consequences, so it's become a cancer there. Moreso than in Japan.

Currently, some K-Pop stars, or well known actors are losing their job because stories of them being bullies in school are surfacing. That's their #metoo. And it's ugly.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

18 years age gap is big, but not insurmountable. Some famous (real) people have larger age gaps and they are very much in love with each other. Macron and his wife comes to mind.

The real test comes later, when one is in their 30s and the other goes on their 50s.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A dog butt... not sure if it's a good idea.