Forum › Posts by Donkey Kong

joined Jan 3, 2022

Aww, missing one thing that would have made this an 11/10 manga.

Where's the Kronii x Kronii rizz?

She kisses the picture she drew of herself, which is pretty close imo

Pretty based of her too

joined Jan 3, 2022

I could see Nadeshiko picking up on that implication and intervening on Jun's behalf, wanting her to get to be happy as well with all three of them. Her saying she doesn't want to share earlier has basically been her most human moment so far, and evolving on that and demonstrating clearly that she values someone isn't her mother or owner would actually be a really good conclusion to her arc as a character.

So are you saying she should offer a poly relationship cuz that’s a horrible idea.

Neither of them are interested in Jun, so it’d freaking suck if they had her join outta pity.
Nadeshiko literally can’t do anything to make Jun happy cuz she doesn’t love her.
Jun’s happy ending will be one where she moves on from Akane or finds another girl.

Akane just needs to turn Jun down, no sugar coating, just be direct, so Jun can mourn over the rejection and move on, knowing that there’s no chance for her feelings to be reciprocated.

Nadeshiko said she didn’t wanna share, her going against that would be wild and would basically make her character development pointless. The whole point of her not wanting to share was because the “selfishness” was a human quality, no human, would agree to share their lover with another person to “show that they care for them”

Poly route isn’t gonna happen and if it does, then i doubt it’ll go well for them and if it does, it’ll feel unnatural since neither nadeshiko nor Akane have shown interest in jun, and Jun hasn’t shown interest in nadeshiko.

joined Jan 3, 2022

Yep, another childhood friend is used to make the main girls grow together. Poor Jun.

Jun isn't the typical "childhood friend loses", Jun is much younger than Akane, basically a little sister from another mother

Her being younger is irrelevant to what the other person said, they’re right, she’s a childhood friend character who was used to make the main girls grow closer.

She is the typical “childhood friend loses” cuz she lost. Her being younger is part of the reason she lost, yes, but she still lost.

Donkey Kong
joined Jan 3, 2022

Wow, she gave in fast— is she seriously just gonna let her kill herself or will she save her last minute?

Will it be a “she feels like she needs to die but doesn’t want to die” type of thing?

Surely there must be some priest they can talk to, or maybe she can have a Job that allows her to stay home?

Donkey Kong
joined Jan 3, 2022

Really hope this ends with them finding a way to remove whatever is killing people around Komachi. The story seems to be about fighting against fate. I'm going to be really annoyed if the story comes to the conclusion "No, Satsuki needs to just let people die cause fighting fate is bad."

I feel like the whole “let the bad guys win for once” thing could possibly be hinting at something but idk

joined Jan 3, 2022

Why’d she look at her like that? Is she now realizing how similar she is to that dude? About time…

joined Jan 3, 2022

Even today's historians would refer to them as "close friends."

Also Garth is FREAKING genius!!

LONG LIVE THE YURI MATCH-MAKING KING!!!

Also that "...huh?" At the end got me! XD

Evie's really doing a good job at this whole tsundere thing.

(I look forward to seeing more! Literally love this story! 2nd fav after IFTV)

joined Jan 3, 2022

Why is everyone calling Yvonne stupid/an idiot? This system has forced her to do awful things, and the one time she refused it destroyed her entire family (when it prompted her to basically kill Elsa, no less). Then here, in a pivotal moment, it flashed a ton of literal warning signs. She has no idea what that could mean (and neither do we). I'd be scared shitless, too.

Because all she had to do was to communicate with Elsa on what's going on then see how she respond then this whole thing could've been avoided. I highly doubt Elsa would dismiss what Evie would claim if she had decided to spoken up about the whole system instead of bottling it up. The two would've probably tried to do something too by that point.

I honestly would've preferred for the story to go that route. I want to know the mechanic of the villainess system.

She'd sound like a fucking lunatic! No sane person would ever believe that story, no matter how true it is.

Elsa isn't sane tho. Not completely. I mean, who'd fall for a chick who "bullies" you? A normal person would find that weird and move on with their life, not choose to spend more time with the "weird girl who has a strange concept of bullying"

Also it wouldn't have hurt to try to explain it.
She could've mentioned the time on the roof and explain how the system punished her for it.
Either way, if she explains the system privately to Elsa, even if Evie DOES look crazy, Elsa wouldn't give a damn, lets be real.

joined Jan 3, 2022

My conspiracy theory is that if Elsa and Evie kiss, the Villainess System will break since that will flag them for the romance route instead. That's why it suddenly threw up all those warnings.

That's a great theory imo, and I hope that's the case

(it would be very convenient)

joined Jan 3, 2022

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

Lmao
I mean-
It could work??

If Yvonne tried to explain about the System, would it allow that? I think Evie likes Yvonne enough she'd believe her, especially since she's been so nice when she's supposed to be 'bullying' her. If she could explain I think they might be able to figure something out... but then again, we don't know exactly how powerful the System is. It was able to completely upend Yvonne's life just cause she wouldn't kill Evie, so who's to say it wouldn't take matters into it's own hands?

I think for those two to be happy they need to find a way to beat the System, since that's the only thing holding Yvonne back from letting herself admit that she likes Evie

Oh yeah Evie could get herself or her family killed, or she physically can't bring it up to Elsa.
It must be something pretty bad preventing her from speaking up since she hasn't even tried telling Elsa about it.
I hope that Evie does try so we can say that her trying to hurt Elsa is the best that she can do, but for now, I dont think saying that she hates Elsa is a good idea.

(Do you guys think she'll get villainess points for hurting Elsa like that?)

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 10:40PM

joined Jan 3, 2022

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

It could be that she physically can't talk about it, or if she does, the system punishes her for it.
Still painful as hell tho.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 10:38PM

joined Jan 3, 2022

"An anthology featuring a variety of stories with girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess!"

Most of the stories not being Heroine x Villainess

5th one was good and so was 4th one, both would've bean leagues better if there was yuri (and feelings of love would really explain why the villainess in the 5th story was so set on sacrificing herself)

3rd was just bad. They all get together despite the heroine not showing interest in either.

Why didn't they just make it Yuri, or not advertise it as girl x girl? Why not say that its an anthology where the heroine and villainess becomes friends.

Bad advertising is why most ppl were mad at the stories

joined Jan 3, 2022

it's literally called "my friendship route", maybe y'all should read a title sometime

This, truly certain.

Ppl are mad cuz this was supposed to be a girl anthology, and yet more than half of the stories weren't yuri.
The three way doesn't count imo, so 3/5 of the stories in a yuri, wlw girl x girl anthology wasn't gay.

Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the story (better than the last one)
Except for the whole " fourteen year old brother" love interest out of no where.
I wish that the villainess just stayed single or went the yuri route

joined Jan 3, 2022

Yuri manga love interest: "You can totally have sex with me, if you want! I find you super attractive, and I can tell you like me! See, like, right now, I'm hitting on you so blatantly, it would be obvious to blind aliens. Do you want to go be naked in a room together?"

Yuri manga protagonist: "We've become friendly perhaps?"

This accurately describes 50% of yuri mangas. The other 50% has the love interest think exactly the same thoughts as the protagonist, but never communicate them to each other.

It ain't real yuri if the characters don't spend 100 chapters trying to confess

joined Jan 3, 2022

Taking care of a human def gonna cost way more than a pet. And taking care of a pet would definitely be more rewarding.

Uh well opinions vary

Human pets can use the bathroom and have sex with you

Its safe to say that Mariya ain't gonna have sexy tines with Tenma anytime soon, judging how she's not asking for anything in return.

And from an asexual's perspective, sex isn't much of a reward. Cooking and cleaning the house would be, for sure tho.

Donkey Kong
joined Jan 3, 2022

Old people in decent, or even not so decent, health, tend to still enjoy their lives. If 110 year olds have no particular desire to die, I don't think it's safe to assume that would be a common thing, especially with eternal youth and health.

Being the only immortal might suck in a way, especially if you have to keep it secret, but that's loneliness sucking, not immortality.

Likewise having to start a "new life" as part of secrecy could be annoying, but if you're regular at it then it's another chore like laundry, except a bigger and rarer deal; alternatively it might be an exciting new challenge, how to re-invent yourself this century. Either way, it's an aspect of a particular context of immortality, not immortality itself.

Living for 110 years is completely different from living for 10,000 or 1,000,000 or even 1,000,000,000 years.

Things would probs get tiring after years of dealing with it. Plus, technology advances, wouldn't someone find out sooner or later?
How would the government respond?

Immortality seems so bothersome and high maintenance, and like, life just wouldn't mean that much when you can't die? Maybe?

joined Jan 3, 2022

I’ve noticed that some people have a hard time understanding that characters in fiction are not them, and won’t always behave the way that they would behave if they were in the same situation.

You've described at least 50% of the people who post in the Dynasty forums.

That doesnt mean we can't judge them. Like, this is the discussion section. What are we supposed to talk about?
How "cute" Tenma is?
Or a more interesting topic of acknowledging how dumb Mariya is, and how shes gonna end up being broke.

Plus, I think every understands that this is a fiction, and fictional characters are gonna do different things, but that doesn't stop ppl from telling horror movie protags to "not open the door" from their screens.

If anything, isnt this type of discussion a good thing? Like, isnt it a sign that ppl are interested in the logic of the story, or how things will end up?

joined Jan 3, 2022

How is Mariya so okay with this?? She's all give and I don't see her taking anything. I don't get how someone can be so okay with being used like this. She likes her face so she raises her like a pet and nothing else? Even if we take away any sexual favors, there has to be something else she wants in return, right? If it were me, I'd at least tell Tenma to cook my meals. Honestly, I'm more interested in how Mariya's brain works than in Tenma's background/story.

Why do people have cats and dogs?

Because they're adorable and precious and we love them irrationally for it. Getting to see them happy and safe is the reward, pure serotonin!

Thats not a good comparison tho...
Taking care of a human def gonna cost way more than a pet. And taking care of a pet would definitely be more rewarding.
Pets are innocent creatures, little, real life cinnamon rolls, with no hidden motives or agendas- of course we're gonna love em irrationally!
Plus, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on clothes for pets.

I get 300 mn yen is a lot, but the Mariya is also spending a lot, and isn't making ANYTHING so like, some point both Tenma and Mariya are gonna end up homeless.

Donkey Kong
joined Jan 3, 2022

For those who haven't already read the rest on Mangadex: After a whole bunch of drama, the manga ends on an 'only good friends' note.

Once Mangadex is back up, you can judge for yourselves.

I've started reading it from Manganelo...
Also why did i have to read that spoiler -.- I was like I don't mind spoilers, but I didn't see that coming tbh...

I really wish it wasn't advertised as a Yuri romance story, cause since it ended the way it did, i was very disappointed.