Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

No kidding, she is blushing all the way through and people think she will react negatively ? Even at the end she is still blushing.

The fact that she won't react negatively is part of the problem. I don't think anyone genuinely thinks she didn't like the kiss. It's that her actions don't make sense given that it's obvious she did like the kiss or at least likes her back. If you kissed someone and they immediately ghosted you, you wouldn't think they liked you back would you?

last edited at Feb 18, 2024 8:30AM

joined Jul 8, 2020

This is frustrating to read...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Interrupted twice, goddammit...

Zooloo
joined Mar 10, 2023

hinoka might really start to look into someone who values her and themself more.

they're great for each other except in this one incredibly strange and confusing moment that will require at least one chapter more to even explain. it'll certainly turn out okay, it'll just take a bit to work through the twist for a cute ending.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Tsukushi!!!! You idiot! Moron! Dumbass! You absolute and utter Buffon!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

LOL these people...well these characters, why is it so hard to talk or I dunno, send a text like "I liked it, let's talk about it tomorrow"...I'd think she disliked it and back off xD

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

ARGHH WHAT NOW, WHY ARE U ACTING LIKE THAT???! YOUR CRUSH JUST KISSED YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING WTHHHH

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Ah, we've moved to Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in Real Life part of the story. Poor Hinoka, Tsukushi just needs time cause she's a bit slow emotionally.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Welp, I'm out for now. I'll come back and see when there's an [END] tag on it.

joined Aug 30, 2023

So awkward, so cute.

None of that. I've seen this exact situation happen before, in a Chinese or Korean manga. A girl confessed to her best friend at school, between classes, and gave her a little kiss. Her friend looked at her blankly, turned around and walked away without a word. The first girl, confused, followed her. They went back to class. The day went by and, when school was over, they returned to their respective homes. Never did the best friend utter a word in answer to the confession or the kiss.

The next day the first girl found that her bestie (now ex-bestie) had told everyone that she was a disgusting lesbo and everything was over between them. And the whole school started looking at her with loathing and avoiding her.

I expect Hinoka to be thinking by now that her future looks just like this story.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I have no idea why everyone is getting so angry at the poor girl. She tried to talk about it, it really isn't her fault she was interrupted both times. It is possible that the apology may cause some misunderstanding, but that should be solved the next time as well since obviously she's not going to just run away now.

joined Jan 24, 2022

??????????

joined Aug 8, 2021

And is it gonna be a misunderstanding?

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

There's meme useless lesbians and then there's they are dumb af useless lesbians and this series is started to veer into the latter

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I have no idea why everyone is getting so angry at the poor girl. She tried to talk about it, it really isn't her fault she was interrupted both times. It is possible that the apology may cause some misunderstanding, but that should be solved the next time as well since obviously she's not going to just run away now.

Um, maybe because you don't have to accept that you've been interrupted? The chapter ends with her just sending Hinoka home like she's disappointed in her. Poor Hinoka, that must be devastating.

Despite me being able to accept that Tsukushi is confused, it doesn't change the fact that she hurt the girl who went out on a limb and kissed her. You don't need to have an interruption-free moment to just say "we'll talk later."

StupidSexySolaire
joined Jan 19, 2023

*repeated head bashing noises

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Um, maybe because you don't have to accept that you've been interrupted? The chapter ends with her just sending Hinoka home like she's disappointed in her. Poor Hinoka, that must be devastating.

Ah, yes, that's why she was the one apologizing... It really rather seems the opposite, like she's worried she may have upset Hinoka instead.

Despite me being able to accept that Tsukushi is confused, it doesn't change the fact that she hurt the girl who went out on a limb and kissed her. You don't need to have an interruption-free moment to just say "we'll talk later."

But I do agree that these words were missing there.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Oh no, she likes her!! How could we ever have guessed?

joined Dec 12, 2023

i was kind of hoping the series would start turning into a direction i'd actually enjoy, but i guess we aren't off the "will they won't they" train just yet... i'll check back in a year and hope that there's some actual development by then

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

i was kind of hoping the series would start turning into a direction i'd actually enjoy, but i guess we aren't off the "will they won't they" train just yet... i'll check back in a year and hope that there's some actual development by then

Their not being together seems to be the entire premise, so I'm starting to get the feeling that you'll be waiting for a bit or that it'll end soon after they get over it. Would be nice to be wrong though. They are sweet though, even if this recent thing is very, very, very contrived.

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 11:21AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

I don't necessarily hate the stunned reaction, although it carries on for WAY too long, both in the sense of how long she's stunned and how this blank empty brain state fills up an entire chapter (at least, who knows if she'll be better next month). Especially since we're not seeing what she's thinking. We basically spent the entire chapter with one character in a stupor and the other just sitting there awkward, and that's extremely low density storytelling, and the ending didn't help. Tonally, this is the kind of chapter I expect to see after someone fucking dies, not a chapter after the heroines kiss. No matter what she's feeling, this framing can't be right for it unless she hated the kiss. You'd think the title of the manga was "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream, and Ended With Me Getting Kissed and Realizing I'm Not Gay After All" looking at this chapter.

last edited at Feb 20, 2024 1:58AM

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

I don't necessarily hate the stunned reaction, although it carries on for WAY too long, both in the sense of how long she's stunned and how this blank empty brain state fills up an entire chapter (at least, who knows if she'll be better next month). Especially since we're not seeing what she's thinking. We basically spent the entire chapter with one character in a stupor and the other just sitting there awkward, and that's extremely low density storytelling, and the ending didn't help. Tonally, this is the kind of chapter I expect to see after someone fucking dies, not a chapter after the heroines kiss. No matter what she's feeling, this framing can't be right for it unless she hated the kiss. You'd think the title of the manga was "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream, and Ended With Me Getting Kissed and Realizing I'm Not Gay After All" looking at this chapter.

Said perfectly.

last edited at Feb 20, 2024 2:03AM

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

I feel like everything that's been frustrating about this series has been tolerable up until this point but this chapter has immediately shot this manga into genuinely frustrating and hard to enjoy.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Said perfectly.

Hear! Hear!

Also yeah this present pacing feels like the author shot the pacing in the face, now we have to slowly drive over it's corpse in the road in order to make more progress with the relationship and story. Combined with going about it in one of the most contrived manners I've seen in media, it's oddly jarring in my opinion. I'm sure once they're actually dating I'm going to enjoy the series once more, but currently the story is frustrating.

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

You'd think the title of the manga was "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream, and Ended With Me Getting Kissed and Realizing I'm Not Gay After All" looking at this chapter.

These words hurt but you're right.

Gaddammit even Rainman would have handled this situation better than Tsukushi. The level of social and intellectual impairment needed to act as she did is staggering.

To reply you must either login or sign up.