Forum › Posts by cecile

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Kinda feels like the author ran out of plots to develop on so they threw in the random underclassmen to get some milage out of

Author has bills to pay, after all

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I don't really get what happened in the second half, did she confess? Hypnotize her? What spell is she talking about?

Yeah, she cast a spell to make Kana-chan fall in love with her. It’s not a spoiler to tell you but it’s also explained later on, so you don’t have to understand at this point; I think it’s intentionally confusing.

Oooh that's fucked up. Give me more, please.

It is definitely fucked up. I don't think I'm interested any more.

To each their own, as they say.

I, for one, live for the fluff, but die for the fucked up drama.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Definitely not. It's at chapter 50 and weekly.

Thanks!

I believe the feeling comes from being so used to main couples that need 150 chapters for a first confession, that tangible progress feels rushed. Like, 50 chapters minimum? I doubt the title will remain true for much longer.

Nah. It's more like, it was progressing rather slowly up until chapter 19, and then a whole bunch of stuff happens in chapter 20. The pacing feels wrong.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Is it just me or did they just cram a whole lot of story in just a few pages? Did this get axed?

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I don't really get what happened in the second half, did she confess? Hypnotize her? What spell is she talking about?

Yeah, she cast a spell to make Kana-chan fall in love with her. It’s not a spoiler to tell you but it’s also explained later on, so you don’t have to understand at this point; I think it’s intentionally confusing.

Oooh that's fucked up. Give me more, please.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Progress...?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Shou's useless-lesbianess reached peak levels this chapter

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I'm barely ever hit anyway"

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This is still going?

cecile
15Y+ discussion 17 Mar 06:43
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow, the incest is the least fucked up thing about this story.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The Secret of the Princess, Usui Shio-style.

I knew this set up seemed familiar

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Can someone please explain the last few panels? I'm a little lost here.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Bit brash, kid. Could have waited a few days, at least.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

In other words, sci-fi.

As long as sci-fi isn't being used as a pejorative, then sure.

Never. I actually do write sci-fi and fantasy stories in my spare time, I love the genre.

On the subject of sci-fi stories that make use of an alternative biology to explore sex and gender, have any of you folks read The Left Hand of Darkness?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Omegaverse is wild. When they talk about glands and stuff it feels like a scifi story.

While the ABO genre has been maligned by lots of folks for years as pointless and/or toxic smut (and, to be fair, a lot of it is), at its core, it is just a speculative fiction setting that, at its best, allows for an examination and even critique of sex and gender dynamics through a decidedly fantastic lens.

In other words, sci-fi.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Anyways as someone with many siblings I don’t understand how y’all romanticize incest so much. Yes I know it’s fictional. The only incest I’ll allow is step siblings that just met each other.

This particular story does not romanticize incest at all. On the contrary, it explicitly deals with how hard it is to feel attracted to a sibling. Because you cannot help who you feel attracted to. You can only control your actions.

Stories like these are super interesting (even some of the ones with actual incest, depending on how it's written). They allow us to get a different perspective about the world that we wouldn't have otherwise. It's the same reason why Nabokov wrote Lolita (although I haven't read that one so I can't tell if it's any good): to explore a difficult subject matter in a medium where it causes no harm to anyone.

Of course, that's considering the story doesn't actually romanticize these themes, in which case it may well cause harm (I will forever hate a few bdsm movies on Netflix for how much they romanticize abuse and other clear violations of consent). But it's not the case here.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I can't wait for her to do something stupid while Kaye is tutoring her and for Kaye to reflexively call her by her past life name and that's how they figure out that they've found each other.

Mild spoiler: It's gonna be better than that.

cecile
Love Bullet discussion 27 Feb 22:51
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm so glad this concept got turned into a manga. It would have been a waste it it was relegated to just being some vTuber's backstory. Also, I can't help but feel like this would make for an excellent anime, provided it went to a studio that can do the fights well.

Maybe wait a few more chapters to see how it's going to pan out. I can picture this as an anime, the blend of angst and comedy is quite nice, but I can't really see where the story's gonna head after the next couple of chapters. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This was a surprisingly sweet read. It's a really heavy subject matter and I like how it's depicted here. Wasn't expecting it at all. I loved every chapter so far.

cecile
Love Bullet discussion 27 Feb 19:20
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just found this out, read it here, became obsessed, went to tapas, then when I couldn't pay I looked up a different free version, and when that was over I found a website with automatic translations of the latest chapters, until that too was over. I just went through four layers of increasingly worse translations until I was basically guessing what was said in the speech bubbles. And I am still obsessed.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This entire chapter made me feel like going to the library, picking a book and reading all day at a park. Too bad I'm a grown ass adult with a job and it's the dead of winter where I live :(

Shouldn't be prohibitive so long as you pick a weekend/day off and find a suitable replacement for the park (reading at the library itself is okay, cafes are nice too, and if you're lucky you can find something like a greenhouse or an indoors garden).

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Lol at the volume 2 announcement when this manga has started 5 years ago.

Has it really been five years? I can't believe all that time has passed already

cecile
April Fool discussion 23 Feb 20:28
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Has anyone ever heard of that particular superstition, or was that the April fool's joke?

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Oh look, another story romanticizing jealousy. sigh

Jealousy is a real thing that is really usually attached to love. Letting it rule you is bad, using it as an excuse to treat someone badly is bad, but having it is just the way things are for most people. If you want your stories to pretend otherwise, you want your stories to be fake.

Re read chapter 1. MC's friend is like "if you're not jealous of him then that means you don't really love him, when you find your destined person you're defs gonna get jealous of them." and that's never questioned, it's just accepted as is.

That's romanticizing jealousy, i.e. treating it as something good and expected, or even as a requirement for love, instead of what it actually is (a manifestation of insecurity, whether warranted or not).

I love stories about jealous characters, I like my characters to have flaws and problems, I just don't care for the way jealousy is portrayed as a good thing in chapter one.