Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Hikari-chan130
joined May 7, 2020

8 volumes later... the obscene amounts of built up just felt kinda silly now that theyre together it's like .. alright thats it everyone go home

Yeah hasn’t this been running since 2015/16 or something? A bit anticlimactic.

joined Jan 11, 2022

I'm extremely grateful to the translation team, you people are the heroes we don't deserve!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Is there still another chapter? This felt like the end, but volume 8 only has 4 chapters, some others have 5... hmmm...

It says ongoing but this is the last volume. There is a lot of "aftertime" stuff and maybe one or two stories of those out there. I would say one more full chapter and an X.5 chapter and that's a wrap.

Romance stories tend to end when the two leads officially get together.

Yeah, I was hoping for some kind of epilogue. But that one afterlife chapter (with them being together for a while) is already all I wanted... so not sad in any way. I'm glad I could read such a good story.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Is there still another chapter? This felt like the end, but volume 8 only has 4 chapters, some others have 5... hmmm...

It says ongoing but this is the last volume. There is a lot of "aftertime" stuff and maybe one or two stories of those out there. I would say one more full chapter and an X.5 chapter and that's a wrap.

Romance stories tend to end when the two leads officially get together.

Yeah, I was hoping for some kind of epilogue. But that one afterlife chapter (with them being together for a while) is already all I wanted... so not sad in any way. I'm glad I could read such a good story.

Yeah, I mean, basically we had the epilogue before we had the end of the series.

Edit: That said, I think we have one more chapter? I have a standing practice of never assuming a series is over until I see the お わり, and this didn't have one. If it's ever steered me wrong I didn't notice it. It's a pretty universal convention, I'm pretty sure given the way manga publishing works if the artist didn't include it the publishers would just put it in themselves. (They write all of the little corner blurbs at the beginning and end of each chapter, after all.)

last edited at Mar 10, 2023 5:00PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Ladies and Gentlemen and others....We have communication.

(mission control erupts in cheers.)

It's astonishing how quickly the problem gets resolved when they just feckin' talk about it.

joined May 1, 2013

Okay, in the final part, we finally have a chapter from Louko's perspective, and the whole thing is frankly incoherent but at the end somehow she becomes president of the company and marries that surly dark-haired chick.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Um, if that's really the case, shouldn't you put that in spoiler tags, because the chapter wasn't yet translated when you posted it?

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Koveras posted:

^ Um, if that's really the case, shouldn't you put that in spoiler tags, because the chapter wasn't yet translated when you posted it?

I think that's made up...

joined Aug 21, 2017

I FUCKING LOVE RELATIVELY HAPPY ENDINGS
I WANT TO READ STORIES THAT WRAP UP WITH A LARGELY SATISFYING CONCLUSION

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Honestly Aoi, girl, I could careless if you married a dude or a woman, but my god if you’re so unsatisfied with your relationship that you still would cheat, maybe talk to him and be swingers instead of this. The fact she sounded somewhat satisfied (or maybe even happy I never know with this woman) doing what she used to do for Kaede for her husband. But of course all of a sudden we see that message from one of her side girls that we saw from her wedding, I won’t even give her benefit of the doubt that she hasn’t been doing girls in the side from time to time because she probably has been.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Honestly Aoi, girl, I could careless if you married a dude or a woman, but my god if you’re so unsatisfied with your relationship that you still would cheat, maybe talk to him and be swingers instead of this. The fact she sounded somewhat satisfied (or maybe even happy I never know with this woman) doing what she used to do for Kaede for her husband. But of course all of a sudden we see that message from one of her side girls that we saw from her wedding, I won’t even give her benefit of the doubt that she hasn’t been doing girls in the side from time to time because she probably has been.

For all we know her husband may have done the same and they are totally aware of each other's activities. The dude don't have a face, we can assume anything we want.

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 10:33PM

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

For all we know her husband may have done the same and they are totally aware of each other's activities. The dude don't have a face, we can assume anything we want.

Yeah I'm fairly certain that this is a non-monogamous marriage.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Awwww. She's like a discord mod taming her sweet little kittens!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Yeah I'm fairly certain that this is a non-monogamous marriage.

Honestly, that would actually salvage her character for me. Something like the poly-minded pair from Brides of Iberis, where both are entirely open about their relationships and the marriage was simply a part of it all.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Now the only thing left to criticize is the almost kiss teasing... lol. Why yuri manga author's always be so cheap on their amount of couple's kisses? :D Well, still a really sweet epilogue. I am happy :)

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So a perfect summary for this series would be
insane amounts of idiot trouble
unintentional player
dumbdere

last edited at Mar 14, 2023 5:39AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

It's been such a wild ride.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A laid-back epilogue for a relatively laid-back series. :-) I would still like to get that Louko-focused spinoff, tho...

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, that feeling of everything wrapping up. I just might miss Louko and her antics the most. And Aoi the least of course.

joined Feb 24, 2023

Was this confirmed the last chapter? I’m fine if it is I just wasn’t sure

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'm just happy we're getting a nice satisfying conclusion. Not even bothered that the story has been spinning in circles for years.

Aoi pls get your shit together cmon buddy

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Was this confirmed the last chapter? I’m fine if it is I just wasn’t sure

35 is indeed the last proper chapter, all that's left is a little Omake and then the afterword.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

What a great ride of a series. Still hate Aoi like everyone else but it was nice to check in with all the others. Sad this one is over.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh, hello again, needlessly ambiguous manga ending! Well, if they refuse to explicitly establish what Louko's relationship is with that chapstick lesbian lady, I'm glad they took the time to show once again that Louko is overdramatic and also Nanami's best friend.

To reply you must either login or sign up.