Forum › Posts by karp

joined May 1, 2013

Oh, hello again, needlessly ambiguous manga ending! Well, if they refuse to explicitly establish what Louko's relationship is with that chapstick lesbian lady, I'm glad they took the time to show once again that Louko is overdramatic and also Nanami's best friend.

joined May 1, 2013

Okay, in the final part, we finally have a chapter from Louko's perspective, and the whole thing is frankly incoherent but at the end somehow she becomes president of the company and marries that surly dark-haired chick.

joined May 1, 2013

ALWAYS BE STANDARD

joined May 1, 2013

"Am I really about to do this all over again?" should be the freakin' title of the manga.

Kaede was extremely unlikeable in this chapter, but it was in a way that feels true to her character. She's a shlub who keeps being given opportunities to grow up and keeps rejecting them, so sure, she'd somehow be dumb enough to miss how gay Nanami is, and then somehow be thoughtless enough to choose Koyuki of all people to whine about it to. If getting called out about it by a freakin' teenager doesn't wise her up, what's it even going to take?

It's always weird to me in manga like this that someone like Kaede never seems to find it particularly weird that women keep confessing their love to her. Earlier, Nanami's character arc actually dealt with the gay thing, so it's especially weird here. You'd think she would spend at least a little bit of time wondering why she's found herself gravitate to lesbians and bi women throughout so much of her life, something.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh hey, on the first page. Is that My Loathsome Self? Is Louko's romance(??) going to start playing out in the background here?

joined May 1, 2013

I desperately want a chapter from Shiori's point of view.

"...You want me to stay here so you can meet up with a person you knew from high school, because you want to hit on her and get rejected? ...uh, okay, I guess?"

"So, she didn't remember you and didn't reject you, and now you're immersed in a complex psychodrama involving at least three other women?"

"Uh, and she still hasn't rejected you, and also now she's living with you...?"

joined May 1, 2013

And btw, Find Louko a girlfriend is my biggest desire right now

Louko is the real MVP of this manga so far, despite her idiosyncrasies. Taking on an exhausted colleague's portion of the crunch without expecting anything in return is real working class solidarity.

Seriously, what a great character. She's annoying and try-hard, but give her a chance and you quickly see she's just a total mensch, and very empathic, too.

joined May 1, 2013

I don't understand where are all this haters coming from LOL like, I'm reading this like "oh wow, I see" and "ooh that's cute" but then they come like I RATHER JUMP OFF A CLIFF THAN READING ONE MORE CH OF THIS TORTURE! omg lol did I skip a murder scene? is one of them secretly in a cult in some bonus chapter I skipped?

Isn't every forum like this? I've never liked something on dynasty and people WEREN'T being hostile and negative some in the comments. Might just say something about the kinds of stories I like, dunno.

Anyway, I honestly don't know why anyone would comment anything except about how the best character, Louko, just keeps on being the Queen of Best Characters.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh hey, another woman that hopelessly fell in love with Nanami... at some point the author will have to run out of prefectures/cities to pull them from

A whole wide world out there.

Nanami attracting every lesbian she encounters is one of the things I find most believable about this manga.

joined May 1, 2013

Aoi really is a completely unnecessary character; I kind of suspect that originally it was Louko who plays this role in the plot, but then the author or an editor decided they wanted an additional "type" of lady character so they cut Louko's story short and inserted this random person.

Which sucks because Louko is the absolute best and Aoi is very dull.

Then why would u want Louko to do the same things Aoi did. That would've ruined her character for me. That's why I'm glad it was Aoi who did what she did

She wouldn't do it the same way. The important plot thing here is that Nanami encounters someone who makes a move on her in a blatantly, undeniably gay fashion and she's into it but can't commit, and so she realizes she loves Kaede. Louko would do it with more smarminess and less getting engaged.

The author does seem to really like Louko, though, so maybe it was also to spare her any potential blowback for being an obstacle to the Main Couple.

last edited at Jan 7, 2023 4:08PM

joined May 1, 2013

Aoi really is a completely unnecessary character; I kind of suspect that originally it was Louko who plays this role in the plot, but then the author or an editor decided they wanted an additional "type" of lady character so they cut Louko's story short and inserted this random person.

Which sucks because Louko is the absolute best and Aoi is very dull.

joined May 1, 2013

EAT everything

joined May 1, 2013

We're gonna find out those extra two have been dating for like five years already, aren't we?

joined May 1, 2013

Naw, pres wouldn't kill Michiru; he's likely the one who warped her in the first place, and he must know she didn't really want to kill anyone. (Has it be confirmed he was the one who switched the oil? Even if not, he must know she's innocent.)

But he is very gung-ho about killing Shiina, and I bet that's what this is all about. I figure whatever happens is the catalyst for Michiru/Shiina, if it's gonna happen.

joined May 1, 2013

Okay, but this whole thing with the detergent that was supposedly oh so clever and "omigod Satsuki fell for the president's trap again", seemed so stupid? I guess it falls In the same category as all these unrealistic deaths/saves we've seen before, but this was literally on the same level as the kid's traps in Home Alone. I mean, for real now?

This is supposed to be a big Agatha Christie "here's how I did the impossible locked room murder!" with the twist that the murder hasn't happened yet. But it doesn't really work; the timing is off and the explanation is weak. Like, okay, I can piece it together: Satsuki was tricked because the second corpse only appeared after she'd closed the door and thought she made the room safe. But I had to read it back a couple of times to get it. Unusually clumsy for this manga.

Ah well, at least Michinaga's face turn finally happened.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh sure, that friend character thinks she's straight, but just wait until she meets Sailor Uranus.

joined May 1, 2013

Bro why every panel with Satsuki facing the president has so much sexual tension what the hell

Nah, Satsuki's (many) moments of sexual tension are easy to spot, because she always reacts by exploding with joy afterward.

Which is one of the improvements of this manga over Walk To Death. The main character is a very rigidly extreme weirdo, but she is actually allowed a likeable personality outside of that.

It's also really jarringly different in theme. In Talk to Death, you see people being awful during the worst moment in their lives, and then you see them all killed off one by one. The manga doesn't portray that as good, per se, but presumably you're meant to get dark slasher-movie enjoyment out of it. (It does then turn the tables on you in the second half by doing the same thing to characters you're definitely meant to like.)

But here, we have characters who are awful over an extended period of time, and the whole point is they absolutely do not deserve to die for it. I just realized Satsuki's power is key there on a meta level: the gore lovers and murder mystery fans get their dead bodies, but no one actually dies.

joined May 1, 2013

Yuuko is an amazing character: a genuine true believer in all the asinine bullshit people fake believing in. She's horribly annoying but also generous and sweet and empathic. She deserves her own full spinoff.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 6:54PM

karp
joined May 1, 2013

Fam considering how slow this is going (not complaining tho) I don't don't believe all the people in the last page will die

Well, she almost certainly just ate one of them, right? And it's not the people talking in the professor's office. soooooooo

karp
joined May 1, 2013

I am growing absolutely convinced Natsuki is the killer. If Tokiko didn't kill the teacher, Natsuki's the only other character who was there.

karp
joined May 1, 2013

uhhhhh is Natsuki the killer somehow? You should always be suspicious of the random extra character in a mystery, and she was probably on that class trip.

joined May 1, 2013

Sooooo… new ship?

Shiina / class rep?

I did appreciate Shiina's attempt to make that guided meditation as sexy as possible, for absolutely no practical reason.

joined May 1, 2013

Yuri manga love interest: "You can totally have sex with me, if you want! I find you super attractive, and I can tell you like me! See, like, right now, I'm hitting on you so blatantly, it would be obvious to blind aliens. Do you want to go be naked in a room together?"

Yuri manga protagonist: "We've become friendly perhaps?"

karp
joined May 1, 2013

I'd honestly think the "curse" acitivates when someone is feeling negative emotions around her too, because she herself is always plastered with a smile so it might also work on her and she knows it, which would lead to her taking all of this with a hint amusement so as to not fall prey to the "curse"

I think it's specifically this "desire to kill" the professor talks about that triggers it. It's not clear if wanting to kill gets YOURSELF killed or if it just hits someone nearby, though (the stairs sister is the outlier there). My working theory now is that Miyuki was planning to kill the dad (or actually did) for the inheritence, which set off a cascade of murder-feelings.

And I think as someone else said her attitude is a way of honoring her friend's final wish.

This story is interesting and I'm finding it engaging, but I still really prefer Liar Satsuki. Not even just because Satsuki's a disaster lesbian icon, but that story does a really good job of making something close to a fair whodunnit despite the supernatural elements. For this, it seems like the deaths ARE just final destination, and so a big part is just "a ghost did it" or whatever, which is less satisfying.

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:29PM

karp
joined May 1, 2013

Needs more Akira.