Forum › Posts by uwuwu

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023
Sco_ttie-1778768133580591319-img1

Hyped for furinarle vape. It's gonna be great.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 7:23AM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

So, my yuri goggles say the two teachers planning a weekend sleepover are an item. Any disagreement?

Yea, I also see it. Those are some pretty knowing squints, too.

uwuwu
Flavorful discussion 09 Apr 17:26
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

god dang what a banger of an ep tho

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'll honestly read anything Yodokawa makes, but this chapter (11) felt like the first interesting one. Some pretty solid subtext... First time visiting her apartment, and they're already getting into domestic bickering like they've been dating for a few months.. <3
And the powerful gap moe of a dependable and diligent senior that is secretly a bit of a slob at home... Getting to stay over at her apartment in exchange for helping her with housework is such a good trope. Hopefully there'll be more of this and less about the high end clothing industry.

I actually find the whole series kind of weirdly nostalgic. My parents ran a fashion clothing store when I was a kid, so I spent a lot of time scampering around the back rooms while employees were doing all this stuff. But it is nice to have the author actually spend some time exploring the chemistry between the two leads.

That sounds really nice. There is something about the 'textile' smell in a clothing store that is very soothing to me as well. I have the same thing with stables, lol. The smell of a warm, dusty hayloft is a powerful nostalgia trigger.

Anyway, when reflecting on what I wrote previously, it came across as a bit harsh. It actually is a pretty interesting setting for a love story; kind of OL adjacent. Much more interesting (and less problematic) than another high-schooler romance at least. So that's neat.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 4:00PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'll honestly read anything Yodokawa makes, but this chapter (11) felt like the first interesting one. Some pretty solid subtext... First time visiting her apartment, and they're already getting into domestic bickering like they've been dating for a few months.. <3
And the powerful gap moe of a dependable and diligent senior that is secretly a bit of a slob at home... Getting to stay over at her apartment in exchange for helping her with housework is such a good trope. Hopefully there'll be more of this and less about the high end clothing industry.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I don't think a partner needs a special treatment that my friends won't get

Then they shouldn’t be your partner nor should you invest anytime pursuing a serious relationship, simple as that

Well, some people like to use the same level for every person they have a bond with, you can do otherwise, I can do as I want, no one gets special treatment!

I think it'd be very strange to treat a romantic partner the exact same way you'd treat a friend.

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 6:33PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Damn right she's the treasure. Interesting to see product placement in a GL manhua... Well, if it means more money for the artist, then I don't mind. Pretty tasteful either way.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Comic would be a lot cuter if we just omitted that one chapter 6 page... Wtf

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Gabinomicon posted:
If you don't care about something, why would you care enough to bother commenting?? Surely there's something else around that DOES spark your interest. Wouldn't it be better to go talk about that instead?

Sure, let's all circle jerk (or schlick, your choice) in peace and never interact in any meaningful way.

This is the internet man, you'll have to bear with opinions you don' agree with.

To comment on a manga and say it sucks (or rules) and why you think so, is what this forum is for.

Shutting down dissenters by telling them to go away is rude.

"Shutting down dissenters" LMAO, that's cute. It's a valid question to ask why you're even here and complaining about a work that seems to be going over your head.

E.g.: "Here, the MC is like "Oh, I become a girl when I kiss and it may become permanent. Okay. if I can be with my beloved I can accept that". Zero depth. I couldn't care less if they're a trans woman or just thoughtless."

That's not at all what happens. The MC is both visibly conflicted about it, and at the same time has an internal monologue about how they're telling a white lie. And add to that how they've spent three chapters now depicting the MC trying to process these rightfully confusing emotions and thoughts.

Are you paying attention? Is this a circle jerk, or are you just getting upset when people interact with you by asking you questions?

uwuwu
Flirting discussion 15 Jan 04:56
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

That was really cute confession...
Please finish Swallow Tail

ain’t like the story not translated? or did they catch up with the author and they stop updating the story? also can you please tell me were i can read the translated verion?

I found translations only to the chapter 46, googling. (I was reading it on m_ng_go)
I think online are English and Portuguese translations to that chapter.
If there are more untranslated chapters, I really don't know, nor how to find it.

I don't think there are more chapters, unfortunately. You can check the original source in Korean here: https://notima.postype.com/series/289167/glswallowtail

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Naori’s charisma is too powerful lol

Also, we’re nearing idiot couple territory with this chapter

Based on the scene where they started watching Veryuri and Settsu's assessment, we're already there. I mean, that image of them watching a movie, with Hinata draped over Naori's shoulders, just screams "they're a couple" and the fact that they some how haven't realized it yet ...

Yeah I agree, it might be that they're taking the Futaribeya route, i.e. they're "roommates", aka super gay for eachother but don't feel the need to make it explicitly sexual or to put labels on their relationship beyond bartender and ogre.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I've been enjoying this series a lot these last 5-6 chapters. Feels like they've found their footing. All the new introduced characters and plot hooks are nice, and the story is really going places.

I was wary of Tsukasa initially -- felt like this tropey super attractive and flawless male character that shows up to try and steal yo girl to generate some bullshit jealousy subplot that goes nowhere... But seems there's a glimmer of hope that he's actually just is an oblivious but good dude. That'd be refreshing.

Anyway, non-alcoholic vodka base??? That's just potato flour mixed with some water, isn't it?

last edited at Jan 14, 2024 6:51PM

uwuwu
Flirting discussion 14 Jan 10:08
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Aaaah, so cute!!

Always happy to see more Tima stuff getting translated. Her art is so distinct and beautiful... Thank you, scanlators!

I like her art a lot too, it's very distinctive. It's like a mix between early 90's shoujo manga and mid 2000's Clamp. Love the bright coloring in this one too.

Yeah! Her pixiv is really amazing; the wild colors and lineart in some of the art, combined with the sheer volume of works makes them seem a bit... unhinged. Also how she never interacts with anyone on her twitter, like some feral art hermit.

last edited at Jan 14, 2024 10:10AM

uwuwu
Flirting discussion 14 Jan 08:15
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Aaaah, so cute!!

Always happy to see more Tima stuff getting translated. Her art is so distinct and beautiful... Thank you, scanlators!

last edited at Jan 14, 2024 8:18AM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

“Their Story/Tamen de Gushi,” Take 2.

And I don’t mean that in anything remotely like a bad way.

Haha, so I wasn't the only one that got TdG vibes... Looking forward to more of this, seems fun.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Well gosh darn, what a lovely and pretty comic. Bit surprised there wasn't a "but we're both girls..." part in the middle there. Maybe that's a bit old fashioned these days.

Are you from Mercury?

Yes. In another life, before I got isekai'd into this world wherein I'm constantly being pursued by different cute girls who want to have sex with me... C'est la vie.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Well gosh darn, what a lovely and pretty comic. Bit surprised there wasn't a "but we're both girls..." part in the middle there. Maybe that's a bit old fashioned these days.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Damn, that was fantastic! This would deserve one of those beautiful Temp posts. :D

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

they are so wholesome.

i've been wondering for a while now if we should expect some sort of major conflict, like them being outed at school or their parents freaking out or something. that one girl is really possessive with umi, she might cause a big problem.

but then i remember that this series really hasn't been like that. it's more subtle. the focus is on relationships between individuals and how they learn and grow by being around each other.

i doubt this type of story would last if it weren't self published. there's just not enough conflict for a magazine and i really love it for that.

^ This, I agree. I adore the relaxed plot and pacing. It's not exactly 'boring', but it's 'unremarkable' in a realistic way, with no kind of editorial pressure to make it more exciting.

And in fact this is plenty exciting as-is. Stealthy attempts at public affection can be terrifying; the credible fear of being found out... And not necessarily because their classmates are bad people or anything, but because they're rather well depicted as just... teens. Some of them would almost definitely be immature and narrow-minded about it, and might say/do something dumb. Malice isn't needed to hurt someone.

last edited at Dec 26, 2023 4:05PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Holy crap, this is incredibly good?! Wholesome and reasonable characters, sensible plot with good pacing, pretty art... And well translated!

What a delight to be blessed with 15 chapters of this work from out of nowhere. Thank you so much jam city for bringing us this christmas present!

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

idk why it works so well, but this manga really manages to be funny, charming and cute enough to the degree that I don't even mind the useless lesbian gag... strong accomplishment

last edited at Dec 21, 2023 7:54PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'm hoping this is a speed run in the magic babies% category

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I love this series so much.

Being ace, I deeply identified with the self-doubt and confusion that comes with the lack of feelings of attraction. It really is an accurate depiction; feeling broken, or like you are an impostor, because you can't relate to everyone else around you. When I found out about the ace/aro spectrum, it was such a relief.

I had just kinda assumed that I was a really late bloomer, or that I simply hadn't found the right one yet... Which might still be true, but I'm happy now, and not in a hurry to find out.

Btw so... Did Fuuka and Subaru get together? I felt it strongly implied that, but I'm not sure. Would not have minded a few more chapters exploring the post-confession domestic fluff, but also to see Subaru-chan conquer the world.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

The Yuri Manga I Was Interested in Wasn't a Yuri Manga At All

I think it's clearer now than it's been in a long while that Aya has feelings for Koga. Some series have a slower pace, that doesn't mean they're not yuri. Gosh.

Also: Chapter 69! Nice.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 1:07PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'll take anything I can get, but only two pages?! That's some pretty efficient storytelling.