Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"keep your left ring finger free"

Ahaha, this precocious little girl. That was pretty adorable, this has been a good Nico day.

Skyrin
New Game discussion 21 Jul 09:05
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Publisher meddling? Finally this feels like actual game development.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I like stories when shy girls take their proverbial glasses off and become pretty and have beautiful yuri. It's cliche but it still freakin' works

I hate it when that happens because glasses are good. However, if you don't need them, then don't fucking wear them in the first place. Someone who doesn't wear contacts will never wear them. Trust me. There is a reason why people will choose glasses over contacts. For me, I'm very sensitive around my eyes and anytime anything gets too close I have a stronger (sometimes absurdly so) urge than most to get the bleeding hell AWAY from whatever it is. Eye-drops, the pressure recording machinery optometrists use, anything like that that's supposed to actually TOUCH my eye, I want to run the fuck away or kill or destroy whatever it is. If someone wears glasses over contacts, then they probably have a similar phobia of things touching or getting near to their eyes. (perhaps not as strong as mine, but it's whatever.)

Not sure if Chariot actually needs glasses or is it just a part of her Ursula-sensei disguise. All I know is I was happy she stuck with her actual red hair at the end of the show.

At any rate, a cute and fun read!

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 11:58PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I am slightly shocked that she was actually a competent dentist.

Skyrin
Citrus discussion 15 Jul 15:08
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Reminders:
1. Matsuri hangs out with Harumin almost every day.
2. Matsuri is Harumin's self-proclaimed girlfriend.
3. Matsuri has touched Harumin's chest at the pool. Beforehand, she also calls Yuzu using Harumin's phone.
4. Harumin play fights with Matsuri during the festival.
5. Matsuri sees Yuzu with Harumin as an "affair". (Yuzu's or Harumin's?)
6. Matsuri can talk with Mitsuko just fine (even asking if she has a driver's license).

Sooooo... which one, you reckon: Harumatsu or Matsuharu?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Is this the fabled kabedon counter??

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I guess you can get away with getting drunk in your boss' house and molesting his daughter if you are good looking enough. And in a manga.

OL age gap with good art though. Let's ride this bus home.

Skyrin
Greatest! discussion 11 Jul 16:41
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Eila going "take it outside" feels out of character, her and Lucchini are the main gropers of the team really.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

That is some fascinating perspective going on in the bottom right panel...

Now I realize there are crazy, reality defying things going on all over this thing, but it just stood out to me!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's a secret to everyone

Everybody, mou!

Well anyway, there sure were a lot of references in that one. Goblin continues to be strong. And no one even died!

To be fair, the Japanese was also slightly off from the original quote.

Maybe that was a typo, though. We'll see when the volume comes out.

Haha, I actually figured it might be something like that. I was compelled to comment as a Zelda fan, just having a bit of fun that's all~

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:15AM

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

what the hell, is this real life where people talk to each other properly? The story feels pretty much completed though, i wonder what more could there be, it is tagged as ongoing.

I always see people say that when pertaining to drama with a story that has misunderstandings, well you do know that if all these characters were to just "talk it out" then most stories would be boring as hell. This is not real life. Stop trying to apply your real life logic to fiction.

Generally I agree, but I feel like it should at least be properly established why the characters in question are not simply hashing their problems out. If they have the means and ample opportunity to solve their differences, prolonging the misunderstanding can get tiresome. Drama is great, but forced drama is boring.

Now as for this particular story, the development was surprisingly fast indeed!

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:13AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's a secret to everyone

Everybody, mou!

Well anyway, there sure were a lot of references in that one. Goblin continues to be strong. And no one even died!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

so kindly do not put words into my mouth.
As others have pointed out after me

Wow it is almost like they were addressing everyone and not just you. Crazy concept

I suppose that is a possibility, then again they used the same phrasing I myself did earlier so I would argue the jury is still out on that. I am sure they can clear this up themselves though, I know I criticized what one might call a sacred cow on this site, but there is no need to get so upset about it.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I read this and now all I can think of are butts. Strange.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Skyrin posted:

Clearly there is only one reasonable explanation for seven year time travel.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/a/a1/Pedestal_of_Time_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20091006030043

Isn't that seven years forward in time though and not backwards?

Well sure but it rewinds back when the sword is returned on the pedestal. At any rate it is magic, it can do whatever as long as we reach the Yuri of Time!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Clearly there is only one reasonable explanation for seven year time travel.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

How is this manga able to top itself each time, how??

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

@Navidson92 No need to be coy, you can address me directly.

To clarify a bit, with power dynamics I was referring to the situation inside the club specifically, and nowhere do I recall linking this to sociopathic behavior so kindly do not put words into my mouth. As others have pointed out after me, kouhai came of as forceful and did exploit senpai's weakness, certainly. Now that may have indeed been with purely good intentions, one might argue that all is fair in love and war after all so this ultimately may not have been a bad thing at all. Just on a very personal level, at least on first read, this just did not quite sit right with me and that sparked my initial comment on this manga being a dud, i.e. falling flat for me. And that is that, really.

[Also: One cannot offer a dissenting opinion and, in turn, resentfully dismiss a further dissenting opinion on one's own dissent. That, yo', leads to arrogant hypocrisy.]

Okay, so what happened was that my short comment was somehow taken as a statement of fact, an accusation which I defended against and went on to clarify my stance. I then sarcastically remarked how similarly curt but opposing views escaped such scrutiny. I admit I may have been overly passive-aggressive with that, but nowhere do I recall dismissing other peoples' views on this manga or their enjoyment of it, the only thing I resented that anyone else here said was when I was told "use IMO, yo".

In fact, yours is a very valid interpretation of the story and I thank you for sharing it. I still do not particularly like the it or the characters, but at least I can think better of the work in general. I can completely see why others like the usual Mochi elements that are on display here as they are in their other works, it was just the package they were presented in this time that did not appeal to me personally. It did to others such as yourself and that is perfectly fine.

This somehow became a much larger thing than I expected, and if I came across as arrogant and dismissive then I assure you it was not my intention and I apologize. Thank you again for your insight!

edited to add...

It's kind of a weird thing to say, but I liked it because it was Mochi, not because it was a good story or I liked any of the characters.

This is actually an interesting thought as well, I can totally see it. I think in my case the "mochiness" just did not quite overtake the other elements.

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 5:10AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Going by the table of contents and Kouyuri's credits, the volume should have chapters up to 18 and then a final chapter.

Man, that trademark Morinaga drama though. Always with the misunderstandings. Yet I still enjoy it, go figure.

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 3:51AM

Skyrin
Cutie Beast discussion 23 Jun 02:43
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"Miss sexy older lady"

dead

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It was not great, it was not cute, honestly it made me a bit angry. However that is purely my personal take on it, and you are free to enjoy it with the majority here without aiming snark at me for voicing a dissenting opinion.

When expressing your opinion it helps to say - 'I think' or 'In my opinion' etc instead of sounding like you are stating it as objective fact - That was mostly my issue. Of-course you are free to dislike it.

I don't see how they are not cute together though - and 'it's not great' also tells us nothing of why you think so - what about it was worse than their other stories?

And I would think most people were a bit angry - at the bulling. But it's not like the main characters were the bullies - the story wasn't promoting bullying or anything.

Oh good grief, whose opinions do you think I am stating here if not my own? Ridiculous that IMO IMO IMO is expected at the end every time. We are talking about our enjoyment of a silly yuri manga story here, how do objective facts even begin to come into play?

It also strikes me that you do not care why other people simply say "soooo cuuuute" or "mah diabeetus", I guess you only need reasons for opinions when they are not similar to yours.

Putting all that aside... I did not find kouhai's actions cute at all and quite frankly senpai being such a doormat taking all that verbal abuse is not cute either. But of course she falls all over the cool girl anyway because reasons. Kouhai was more abusive than anything, using the power dynamics in the club. Hugs at the end were too late for me to get into the pairing at that point. I suppose in summary it just lacked that bit of fun Mochi's works usually have. IN MY OPINION of course.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I guess even Mochi can make a dud.

I dunno - maybe if we wait a few years we will eventually find out if they are capable of releasing a dud.

Anyways why bring up that point instead of talking about this great manga?

It was not great, it was not cute, honestly it made me a bit angry. However that is purely my personal take on it, and you are free to enjoy it with the majority here without aiming snark at me for voicing a dissenting opinion.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I guess even Mochi can make a dud.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I move to rename this to "Model-chan and Adorable Manager".

Skyrin
Ayakashiko discussion 16 Jun 05:20
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Air so thick with jealousy, you could cut it with a knife!