Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So, this could just be me projecting, but I've long suspected that Kaede comes off like an undiagnosed ADHD kid.

I liked your tit sucking theory more to be honest

Well, that was just me paraphrasing what objectively happened.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I completely forgot about the conditions they first set on living together, and then revised:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/2dk_g_pen_alarm_clock_ch03#28

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Let me touch you in those places you’d never let anyone else touch”—is that what the kids are calling it these days?

But seriously, that’s some nicely direct indirect phrasing for a scene that usually relies on verbal cliches. Well played.

"I love you."

"Awww....I love you too."

"Yeah, but see I mean like the kind of 'I love you' that goes with 'I want to suck on your tits.'"

"O-Oh."

"See because I feel like you were about to do the thing where you pretend I meant as a friend and we already did that several chapters back and nope, that sucks and I hate it."

"Y-Yeah"

". . . I want to suck on your-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (hides in bedroom)

Quite so. The phrasing still does allow a bit of fig leaf so that it could be taken to mean:

"Let me see those parts of you that you never let anyone else see."

Um, wait, I'll come in again . . .

last edited at Mar 3, 2023 11:54PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

absolutely bringing full force to bear on Kaede. Grabbing her shoulders. Gonna shake her head like a gumball machine, maybe something will rattle into place

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, this could just be me projecting, but I've long suspected that Kaede comes off like an undiagnosed ADHD kid. [snip]

While she may have ADHD, I do not think it is a necessary precondition to her having poor impulse control. Even a neurotypical person who did not receive enough positive socializing early in life (e.g. because she is too busy reading and drawing manga) can have difficulties managing her emotions effectively, without either doing whatever she feels like in the moment or suppressing them outright (which only leads to extreme outbursts). I think that this is what happened to Kaede, and that this isn't all bad: the fact that she preserved her genuine child-like enthusiasm for things is, as you've observed yourself, makes her so attractive to caretaker figures in her life. At the same time, however, this also allowed her to effectively free-load off them her whole life without having to confront the downsides of her impulsivity. Kaede thinks that being an adult is earning a living wage, while in reality, it is much more about learning to strike balance between feeling all of her feels and still doing what's best for her and for people around her in the mid-to-long term.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

She's wants so badly to continue her typical avoidant habits but her affections for Nanami just aren't like the other women. She can't help but say and do these almost out-of-body things around Nanami. Seems Nanami brings out parts of Kaede that even she was either unaware of, scared of, or normally has no issue hiding.

joined May 1, 2013

ALWAYS BE STANDARD

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

GlenKaede, GlenNanami

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

I'm freaking out over that cliffhanger. Absolutely amazing chapter, I love both of these MCs so dearly.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Check out that final page for this chapter (ch. 33).

Nanami appears to be animorphing into a giraffe.

joined Jul 4, 2022

Oh dear, timing and poor communication strike again! Let's hope Kae punches through that bad moment.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Check out that final page for this chapter (ch. 33).

Nanami appears to be animorphing into a giraffe.

It makes the already great Junnana credits pic that much better

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 12:37AM

joined May 10, 2021

Seems like we're finally getting somewhere-ish. I just hope next chapter doesn't go into a flashback again, I can't stand any more cliffhangers lmao

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

godammit

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Of course this had to happen. I just hope Kae shouts: "Nooooooo" and does not agree so we don't get the next chapter with them being apart. I'm kind of sick of this move in manga where they don't admit their feeling until after they have not seen each other for a month or something. i mean it's fine... yeah, but it sure would be refreshing to see the other version.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

It's time to d-d-d-duel!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, it looks like time for Kaede to finally own up to her bullshit, big time.

Also, Luoko is the most wholesome corpo rat in the history of manga.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Let's hope she's not too late...

joined Sep 6, 2018

“Let me touch you in those places you’d never let anyone else touch”—is that what the kids are calling it these days?

But seriously, that’s some nicely direct indirect phrasing for a scene that usually relies on verbal cliches. Well played.

"I love you."

"Awww....I love you too."

"Yeah, but see I mean like the kind of 'I love you' that goes with 'I want to suck on your tits.'"

"O-Oh."

"See because I feel like you were about to do the thing where you pretend I meant as a friend and we already did that several chapters back and nope, that sucks and I hate it."

"Y-Yeah"

". . . I want to suck on your-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (hides in bedroom)

Comments like these makes Dynasty so fun to read besides the mangas.

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

I mean... they are getting somewhere at least

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

It's time to d-d-d-duel!

walks into the room with my object of extreme homosexual tension

Its time to d-d-d-d-date!

joined Apr 2, 2020

Finally!!!!
I love this series so much, I only hope we don't get too much drama next chapter, and things go smoothly this last few chapters.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Certified bruh moment

Hikari-chan130
joined May 7, 2020

Man, I feel like they only drag out Koyuki (? The girl with the freckles) to yell advice at kaede every few chapters so she is forced to actually thing about her feelings

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Man, I feel like they only drag out Koyuki (? The girl with the freckles) to yell advice at kaede every few chapters so she is forced to actually thing about her feelings

Every single character aside from the main two was basically a vehicle for thought stimulants for the protagonists. They could've been combined into a fairy that existed only to dispense sage advice and the story would not have been much different.

To reply you must either login or sign up.