Forum › Posts by herenowforever

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I've been positively surprised how fun this story is. I was bit doubtful at first, but these two ladies have rather hilarious chemistry together.

This author has been busy lately elsewhere as well. Chigusa Minori has also illustrated a new yuri visual novel, LipTrip.

Looks like one of those omegaverse-lite things, where authors just take the omega-heat-alpha idea and ditch the rest.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

The seagull would then go and complain to its friend the seal, who then raise its voice and shout "GGAAAYYYY!!!!!".

All this damned beachiality

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So Xingyuan is gay, 100% lesbian, but Xiaoen is bi and only had had crushes on boys till now?
Huh. I wasn't expecting that.
For me it's more surprising than the reveal of Yunduo's feelings.

The thing is that crushing on some distant figure isn't an actual crush. It's a common mistake people make.

You can only really be totally sure when you feel romantically and/or sexually attracted to a person you meet, face to face.

This is especially common for homosexual kids. They want to fit in, and they're being gaslit from every direction about who they should like. So it can get pretty obsessive and weird on that front.

last edited at Nov 28, 2023 3:45AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

We're reaching Xena warrior princess riding a freaking rainbow colored unicorn levels of sapphic tension here XD Like, oh my god, they're either the best actors ever or this is totally love and there's zero acting required.

It can't be acting, because Akebi and Erika have admired and been attracted to each other pretty much as long as they've known each other. They're huge stans of each other, really. Acting was just a closet key or match that lit the fuse.

As far as I can see, this is just subtext flowing into plain text, which is a sign of well made subtextual story. Letting actions and context speak for themselves, and then when it happens, it feels like an emotional and natural extension of the plot.

None of this means Akebi and Erika become a couple, of course.

last edited at Nov 27, 2023 5:10PM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Manic Hijinksie Girl.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

High stakes drama.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Cool that some official publications are coming about, art is always lively and nicely detailed, with lot more natural poses than usual. Definitely deserves more attention.

Kind of like Akebi-san, but more from regular life instead of performance snapshots and sports moves.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So she did sleep with her for free. :-) I swear, we need a tag for stories that are the opposite of what their title says: this, I Won't Let Mistress Suck My Blood, Sorry, I am Not Into Yuri...

I love how the dialogues are just like from some Slice of life manga. All about friendship etc., staying purely "subtext"...only they also all have hot sex as best friends.

subtext but also hot sex tag when?

Uh, I don't really see any subtext there... They're just very good friends. :^)

subsex

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

AAAAAAH
The sheer beauty of these watercolors, I just can't.

And... I didn't want to believe it up to now, but I don't think I can deny it any longer: Yunduo is head over heels for Xiaoen. Those last panels with Yunduo who looks at Xiaoen playing with her kids (like the second mother she already is) only to then segue into a close-up of a burning fire? That's Tracy Hu's way of telling us that yes, Yunduo has the hots for Xiaoen and the romance of the two main characters is about to get more complicated.

Also, the restrained frustration of Yundao when she's asking her dad hasn't she already done all the traditional female things in patriarchal culture (trying marriage, having kids, etc), sort of asking him if it's ok to actually do what she wants to do from now on and stop trying to hook her up with another guy, and her dad's silent confusion over it.

It's pretty sad, to say the least. Doesn't look like she's out to anyone either. If this story was set in some western country, I'd expect someone like Yundao blow up like a volcano at some point. In China though, it's very very hard for the kids to do that, they've been conditioned to stay down lest they want to be a nail that gets hammered down by everyone.

last edited at Nov 20, 2023 3:49AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ay my girl is back! *cries in withdrawal. Please don't get canceled or licensed

Why would you not want it to get licensed?

Indeed. It's wacky that someone who clearly likes artists products also doesn't want them to make money and be more motivated to create more stuff. Most mangaka aren't exactly swimming in cash, and yuri is hardly the most profitable genre to begin with.

These days you don't even need to fill your house with manga volumes. Just buy a digital copy now and then, or donate directly if it's possible.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Aww, Yuni-bitch is so sad she can't get horny no more from her futur-ex, sinful side dish was just too tasty.

Author managed to create a really pathetic hate sink in her, I have to admit.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

The one-trick pony author is back...

This is such a baffling opinion. I have no idea how someone could look at NTR and Days of Love at Seagull Villa and go "yeah these are the same thing". There's a shared theme or two, but every author has those if they put any of themselves into their art lol.

While I wouldn't say "one-trick pony", Kodama has very clear lines of interest on issues that motivate her to make manga.

Lack of official recognition of same-sex relationships, both socially as well as legally.
Dealing with toxic people, especially women that like to gaslight and manipulate.
Bisexuality, and how that can be a difficult and confusing thing to navigate in society where bi people are generally treated as invisible and unimportant.

Throw in bit of sweet and lewd, and you generally have what KN is all about.

She's one of the writers that have a clear brand, if you will. Kind of like Marlboro. :)

last edited at Nov 16, 2023 2:42AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Mikururun-1724193169443811617-img1

For anyone little bit confused or not that into Hololive, Marine and Gura released an absolute banger of a GL music video yesterday. Super well animated too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ehwhQJ50gs

Highly recommended if you like yuri, 80's nostalgia and well made original city pop.

last edited at Nov 14, 2023 10:07PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
111881278_p0

"^It let us all down. If you're interested, I've written two fanfics of them because if Gust and by extension Koei Temco won't give them the ending they deserve, someone will. Gust already has a canon yuri pairing of Nights of Azure's Arnice x Lilysse"

Not to mention that Gust's second Blue Reflection game, Second Light, has one of the most genuine-feeling GxG romances I've seen in game media as a strong side plot (Rena and Yuki). Plus main character Ao and few other girls flirt so blatantly not even a stone could misunderstand what it was all about.

So Gust can do it, quite well even, if they put their minds to it.

Atelier stuff seems more like intentional annoyance, because back in the day it was decided not to put romance in them. Instead, you get juicy thighs and other light fanservice that feels artificial without it actually going anywhere.

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 12:41PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!: Speed-Run Edition.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

When there is multiple series, with similar plots, on the site, and long gaps between chapter updates, it gets hard to remember what's going on in each story. And I don't really want to waste time going through the previous chapters, for a recap.

EDIT: It helps if the uploaders posts a brief sysopsis on the the story's chapter page. But it seems that hardly anybody does that.

Besides being a villainess story, what other series is like this one right now?

Just search isekial villainess and yuri.

I honestly think this one is more just a super classic vanilla shoujo setup with a gender flips so far. Isekai just being more of a flavor element. Not sure if it will change or not, perhaps villain will actually do something bad after all and not get her head turned around.

"My fave is the villainess" that is just starting its anime run is quite different outside of the base premise. Starting as a hype rom-com with MC (ab)using her knowledge of the game work to get closer to her crush, and then moving to class and religious political issues and later to something quite wacky.

"Please bully me, miss villainess" has heavy-handed time/space travel aspect and magic plot to it. Plus villainess is the actual main character.

What we have here is more that villainess idea has become generally popular trend right now, so you'll see some yuri takes on it as well.

last edited at Oct 11, 2023 12:40AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Why people assume the person is trans ? There is no indication of so and no confirmation. As per usual, forumers jump at throat on so little.

They didn't.

They were talking about the trope of "molester trying to get close to a girl by disguising themselves as a woman". Which is also a transphobic trope.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Felt kinda transphobic with the "oh this girl... but it's a man in women's clothes and he wants to hurt me!". idk man

yeah, intentional or not, this is one of those tropes based more in fiction than in reality. i quite agree. creepy guys generally don't feel the need to put on an elaborate costume like inspector clouseau

what if yumachi put her brother up to it or something though, to manufacture the situation at the apartment? she was like, RIGHT nearby when it happened. make u think

In Japan especially anyone who stands out gets targeted by the police, surprisingly quickly. So this kind of thing is like the last thing a date rapist would do.

Either because someone calls police for someone potentially impersonating (this is why trans people often get interrogated by police there), or because police just wants to check things out given most of their day is just routine beat cop things. They like to check on lone foreigners with bikes or cars, for example, and try to find out if it's stolen or rental/loaner/owned by that person. Yes, they're profiling pretty hard.

There used to be a big problem with train molesting and few things like adding women's train cars happened, that's why lot of people are on the edge all the time.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 10:07AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

i like shiho because she's a bitch and bitches are cool so she's slightly better than everyone else in this meandering melodramatic manga

Reading this story because Shiho is the only part you liked certainly is at least a……different opinion than all I’ve seen so far lol.

I don’t really care about Shiho getting what she wanted so this subplot has been kinda whatever to me, I’d rather they just go back to focusing on the two main characters again. That said points for the big lesbian campfire dance

I laughed out loud when I saw one of the characters wondering what the heck Shiho's deal was in the end anyway. Yes, lot of people do... I ended up taking that as a meta commentary on author's part on how this part took too long. Not necessarily true, but I'll just fool myself to feel better about it. :p

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This is one story that really needed a blazing hot sex scene to release all the stress and tension that was build up during all the shenanigans.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This idea that your love will win through sheer willpower is very toxic, because 99% of the time the thing that prevents your love from happening is the other person, and whether their reasons for saying no are good or not is irrelevant.

Ayaka is forcing Hiroko and whether it's for the best or not is irrelevant too, she should just stop.

I love Ayaka, but I think my love for her comes from romanticizing something that really shouldn't be.

Point here is that Hiroko is also desperately in love with Ayaka as well and has been for a while, and Ayaka is cutting through her self-sabotage and fears by being a charging bull. Hiroko is not that toxic as a potential girlfriend (her being a player is reflection of her yearning for a relationship she never dared to have), she's just destructive towards herself because of all that previous trauma. It's not "you'll learn to love me", or "forced sex to spark love", "I'll make you gay/straight" or any of those other truly deplorable tropes.

As for whether they could stay together, I think it is a completely moot point here, even if 10 year age gap relationships aren't the most stable. Ayaka wants to date Hiroko of today, she's not worried or concerned about few years down the road. Hiroko might be, but she's getting the better side of the deal with a cute and much younger girl literally throwing herself in her arms. Even if it ends at some point, at least she'd finally experienced a proper relationship with someone who wanted to be with her.

I also don't think Ayaka has as many false ideas about Hiroko anymore as she initially had, as she's had few bitter moments with her and made effort to learn about Hiroko and how wlw relationships are in reality through other people who are like her and have observed Hiroko through these years.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

SUBconscious lesbianity on main character's part.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Bualcmq

"From what I've seen the general Japan audience was really into congratulating Suletta and Miorine on their marriage when the show ended, and now they're pissed off about this company meddling bullshit. Also regardless of what some out of touch company suit says, the show is very clear and matter of fact about the marriage, so fuck'em.

Also with China I've seen Chinese people pissed about this nonsense as well, and Chinese artists that are very into these two."

I think the story copped out by itself even before the statement stuff, by not actually inserting proper romance in before the epilogue. Plus why is the genocide mom free and not in jail[?], but I digress.

This is exactly also the reason why doubt can be inserted, because "marriage" does not mean "romantic relationship", and story actually had more romance pushed on Suletta from male suitors than Miorine. Marriage in the story was always tied to corporate politics, so if you don't actually insert the intended romance on screen, it becomes deniable and people can say "they're just really good friends who are in marriage of convenience". It was utterly unnecessary non-sense. If two characters like each other, they get intimate with each other and make it clear with confessions and more. Relationships like that are not "up to interpretation", and any attempts at that are generally just author trying to be cute, censorship (be it self- or forced variety) or just plain bad writing. It's not a bloody mystery novel.

last edited at Aug 4, 2023 7:17AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Fxjbx7haeaawx4f

So many people want to make Kanoko a stabby yandere instead of possessive and insecure girl she is in the story (at least so far). Author isn't exactly helping with the visual portrayal.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
F2di80waqaevshu

"Finally played this last year after putting it off forever, went for the yuri end on my one and only play through"

There's also a comic book series after ending with more weird shenanigans, if you want to see them as a couple. Won't vouch for quality, but won't vouch against it either.