Forum › Posts by herenowforever

herenowforever
Pretender discussion 31 Aug 19:05
joined Feb 11, 2018

These girls know what truly matters for a real relationship.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Give me that Festival kiss under the fireworks please, I need it so badly.

inb4 the fireworks cover a confession and all progress is reset to zero

All romantic scenes and dialogue just should to be censored. Slap put mosaics over all of that naughty stuff. Think of the children. :)

joined Feb 11, 2018

Finally found another yuri series to work on after Gunbured x Sisters, hurray! Maybe this one will be too degenerate to be licensed and I can finally translate something to the end. It will be a short 12 chapter journey this time.

I don't know if I should have added either bisexual or cheating as tags (or both), I'll let the community or mods be the judge on that.

Bisexual is bit unclear, have to see rest of the context. Maybe she's just a bored, opportunistic masochist.

Cheating? Yes, it is. Getting slapped/spanked gave housewife sexual pleasure, and she doesn't want to tell her husband to do it. Instead, she keeps on doing it in secret with the kid.

herenowforever
Liberty discussion 16 Aug 00:20
joined Feb 11, 2018

Every time I read this, it just feels like the author is trying to cram multi-volume light novel into a short manga.

Of course it turns into absurd and edgy weirdness, because you have to compress so much. Characters barely have time to live and breathe and build context, before the next mood whiplash starts.

herenowforever
Sisters discussion 26 Jul 20:24
joined Feb 11, 2018

Step-sister just wants to be cousins. Totally normal.

joined Feb 11, 2018

Wait, is same-sex marriage legal now in Japan??
I feel so ignorant for not knowing T.T

It's not. At least, not in the whole country. There are rumors that they may legalize it next year, but I'm not holding my breath. There are some places where you can get a civil union certificate, like Shibuya, though.

If they ever make it legal nationwide I hope we get A FUCKING LOT of epilogues of finished series about characters getting married.

Speaking of which,how is the fight for LBGTQIA+ rights going on in Japan ? There is this stereotype of life in Japanese society being about making the less amount of disturbance as possible,and I suppose that kind of clashes with non Hetero people that might have to deal with an hostile environment on a daily basis.

What happened was that one court struck down an amendment that was inserted in the Japanese Constitution. That amendment specified that marriage can only be legal between a man and a woman. Constitution doesn't originally specify that you could not marry someone from your own sex, it just sets terms and legal boundaries for such union.

So now what needs to happen is some people trying to get married, seeing if government lets it happen. Probably some lawsuits, more political screeching and so on.

Unfortunately, Liberal Democratic Party LDP (which is actually rather conservative party despite its name) has a lot of very blatant, ignorant homophobes and people who hate those who are transgendered or disabled. Just this very year, for example (wiki quote): "In May 2021, Japan’s the conservative governing LDP has been accused of violating the Olympic charter after it failed to approve a bill to protect the rights of the LGBT community, during discussions marred by homophobic outbursts from conservative MPs. Closed meetings held in May to discuss a bill, proposed by opposition parties, ended without agreement after some LDP MPs said the rights of sexual minorities had "gone too far". An unnamed lawmaker described LGBT people as "morally unacceptable", while another MP, Kazuo Yana, said sexual minorities were "resisting the preservation of the species that occurs naturally in biological terms", media reports said."

So yeah... It's a mess.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 6:13PM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

I have NEVER commented this before . . .
Just fuck already.

Don't worry, they'll eat shellfish and wear mixed fabrics together, until death does them apart.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 4:06PM

herenowforever
Image Comments 17 Jul 09:33
joined Feb 11, 2018
E6tlhmvwqacdpbi-orig

"It's honestly heartbreaking. I heard how Disney cancelled the Nimona movie and other various projects in recent years as well, and yet they only continue to grow bigger. It makes me want to move to another planet or something."

This always happens to bigger companies on creative fields. Another good example is Electronic Arts. Smaller projects are simply forgotten, because their profit return isn't as high. Niche products disappear. Then it devolves doing the same thing in different covers (endless sequels until the brand has been milked dry). Also, big focus on merch instead of the product itself. Products are as bland and inoffensive as possible, and only purpose is to create maximum profit.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ight so you telling me not only she killed Sara in this life, but in many previous ones too, where she always developed that self-destroying Stockholm syndrome (probably a side effect of the toxin) which led her to a young death for "love"

And the author wants us to think it's a cute love story and they truly love each other very much?

I mean, this narrative is a variant of "The Weaver and the Cowherd", which is like THE Asian love story. You can find versions of it in China, both N. and S.Korea and Japan. You might also heard of it through the stars Vega and Altair. Like Romeo and Juliet, just with concept of eternal reincarnation added, so the lovers are connected again and then immediately taken apart. Rinse and repeat forever.

Where it comes to yuri, Kannazuki no Miko and its spin-offs / AU's also use this same concept.

Only difference here is that their time of almost complete separation is finally over, as the curse will be finally lifted.

That's already awfully happy conclusion, to be honest, considering the circumstances. Maybe the author didn't think eternal separation with brief meetings was that romantic of a concept after all, and agrees more with you than you seem to think.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Blondie is just a little bit superficial person... Oh well, lot of relationships actually start exactly for reasons like that.

Afterwards the people love to explain and rationalize their crushes with something that feels bit more solid and logical, so it's not embarrassing to admit someone just was in your strike/kink zone and you took a chance on them.

It also explains why rescue romances are so popular in fiction. It's a good way to pretend you had at least some kind of deeper and more worthwhile reason to go after someone.

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 8:21AM

joined Feb 11, 2018

In a world with things like Redo Healer, "How not to summon a demon lord" and Seven Deadly Sins and such, might as well have some of this kind of "anti-male" fanservice and submission, combined with feminist power fantasy in general.

I also love it when I see some guys crying on random anime chat how their eyes were suddenly exposed to man-service, when they were watching their favorite semi-hentai. They quite literally cry and whine online if there's a guy who isn't fully dressed, and it wasn't for a joke but as eye candy that ended up being objectified by women and non-straight men. They even repeat the "fujoshi" attacks using the term in its original context, that were originally aimed by some frustrated Japanese Incel guys towards specifically lesbians and bi women who actually had some standards. That if they didn't choose a guy (specifically him), they were rotten, worthless bitches.

All of those guys are like the flakiest of snowflakes I've ever seen. And don't even get me started on if their favorite guy in a story gets "NTR'ed" (aka, doesn't get the girl or heaven forbid, goes gay route). I'm sure it's all down to personal experiences and trauma at that point.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 10:14AM

joined Feb 11, 2018

Lesbianized version of "Seitokai Yakuindomo".

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

why is she scottish????????????

I believe we already had that discussion here. Just read the whole thread first.

herenowforever
Image Comments 13 Apr 10:51
joined Feb 11, 2018
Eysjmttviaecpog-orig

"Since it has the Spoiler tag am i right to assume this is cannon?"

It doesn't necessarily mean the yuri part is canon. There are some other elements in the image as well...

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Let's do the simple smell test: Swap Koyuki's sex to male. Make "him" a handsome, but lonely marine science nerd. Konatsu stays at is.

Exactly same things happen, from start to finish. Same framing, same events, etc.

Don't be silly. They don't let boys into aquariums.

Don't be homophobic now, GA. :)

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

i don´t really get why people are so mad honestly, if you choose to keep reading after the official tweet and got disappointed that´s on you, it´s funny how people decide to read stuff that they know they will not enjoy
And even if we agree that the manga is in fact yuribait (wich i don´t) the author already said that you´re free to interpret their relationship the way you want, is not like they sudenly put male characters and force a relationship, is not that big of a deal

I think thought experiment might help. It usually is of great assistance to change the point of view a little, and see if your interpretation of things changes at all.

Let's do the simple smell test: Swap Koyuki's sex to male. Make "him" a handsome, but lonely marine science nerd. Konatsu stays at is.

Exactly same things happen, from start to finish. Same framing, same events, etc.

Do you think you read a romance or a friendship story?

last edited at Mar 28, 2021 11:11AM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

While it's a nice idea and broadly true, I think if you look hard enough you'll find active thought leaders with reasonably substantial followings in just about any significant fandom. I recently watched She-Ra and found it to be a satisfying if imperfect show. While gleaning around for content, YouTube was sure to recommend me multiple accounts that have made - and are still making, for a show that ended in May - dozens of videos worth of negative content for it. The type that makes you stop and wonder, why is this person investing their time in a show that's clearly not for them, and why is their audience doing the same? RWBY and Korra also seem to be good examples of this from the outside.

Video makers like that are actually gross manipulators that have realized rage sells and gets them captive audience that wants their dose of hate every day. They get money from peddling "funny" angry garbage, that can't really stand up to logic or scrutiny, but their audience is almost completely non-critical towards them, as long as they are saying what the audience wants to hear. It really is disgusting type of safe space.

Then there's also counter-troll video makers that fight with those other video makers, and also make money out of it. Lol...

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 9:13AM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Next chapter, Koyuki and Konatsu meet again in Tokyo a few years later and introduce each other to their respective girlfriends: the girl with the same uniform as Konatsu that Koyuki came across on the school trip, and the gloomy girl Konatsu met in class on the first day of senior year.

So full-on, double NTR ending? I almost want to see that.

Yes, the NTR part is a joke, but in a way that would be worse than one of them having a boyfriend, because now you'd know they could have been girlfriends, if they had just put in a wee bit of effort into putting it out clearly.

So that would then put the entire ending in an awkward position, because the series itself was kind of selling the "star-crossed lovers/friends" angle a lot, so how could these new girlfriends stand in the way of that in the end?

last edited at Feb 28, 2021 12:21PM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

This would be fine as a cute one-shot, but it has entire context of a serialization behind it. It just feels weird, all of it.

It's not far off from Usagi Drop at this point. You can even look at this story as Kaoru grooming Uta to be totally into her ever since her early childhood.

I'm just creeped out by the though of Kaoru manipulating Uta. On top of that, Kaoru has no queer context to herself, more like reverse. Also, why is Risako suddenly lending her a friendly ear? I would have thought Kaoru would much rather talk to Reiichi (it seemed their relationship was fine after the skip) or maybe one of those other friends who she asked about how to deal with Uta in that phone-call. Risako wants to bang her, not to hand her over to some other woman.

This story is like a mega-burger that was filled with 3 times the usual filling and is exploding all over the table when you try to eat it. Just because you tried to put a square package around it won't stop it from coming apart when you attempt to consume it...

[edit] I wrote this before looking at any other posts, and it seems some other people had these same feelings. Not that it validates anything, of course. But at least it seems like a natural reading of the story ends up leaning into this kind of direction. Which is ultimately a failure of authorship.

Unfortunately commercial media and artists being dependent on their readers and publishers for income often has a big negative effect on anything that gets published. If artists were all financially independent, they could write their stories as long or short as they want, and would have far less need to reach some conclusions in their narratives, just so they have a chance to get some contracts in the future. You could have more surprises that aren't just edgy twists as well. But that won't happen unless we get a global artist sponsorship going on at some point.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 7:03PM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

I think it still needs more tropes.

herenowforever
Image Comments 14 Feb 15:02
joined Feb 11, 2018
Tumblr_12de8da41b8c85b6a7eaafe127e523af_d0cbd4e8_1280

Silly memes aside, I'm rather sure they are both wrestlers. I won't buy for a second either of them is passive.

joined Feb 11, 2018

In my eyes, this is a failure. 3 out of 10, most of which comes from sheer quality of art and having a little bit more novel premise.

Execution-wise, it's a pancake. Pretty pancake, but we didn't get any actual toppings to go with it and it ended being quite bland. I'm not the biggest fan of her Kiss and White Lily either, because it lacked focus and turned into a different type of mess because of that, but KaWL does have few nice stand-alone chapters that you can enjoy.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 5:09PM

herenowforever
Image Comments 19 Jan 04:34
joined Feb 11, 2018
Erd9ojsvkaiciye-orig

"is it worth Cyberpunk worth getting on ps4? don't have a PC "

Absolutely not. PS4 and older X Box version is horrible.

Only play it with a decent PC or PS5 / latest Xbox.

Even using STADIA (game streaming service) is better option.

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 4:35AM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Amusing to see a pervy, horny character get some for a change, and not just be a butt of a joke. Even if she wasn't allowed to be a top.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Anyone who likes this should definitely take a look at "OshiRabu: Waifus before Husbandos" visual novel.