Forum › Posts by herenowforever

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Would you look at this bulldozing home wrecker.

It's Kaori who is "the homewrecker".

She's the one whining about having a pretty young girlfriend to an outsider and wallowing in her terrible self-esteem.

Of course she gets hit on. Who the hell wouldn't try to bag her? She's signaling that she's available and "I'm telling you these intimate details, so could you maybe... Fuck me and console me"? That's how anyone who would be interested in her would take a situation like this.

Whether her friend is serious about this or not doesn't particularly matter. It's Kaori's own behavior that is the problem.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 1:38AM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Reiichi: Lives literally next door to the apartment his sister and ex-wife fuck in, so

Ikr, Reiichi be like "my sister and my ex-wife fuckin each other next door and im cool with that" welp.

Well, Reiichi never really wanted Kaoru that much, so it's kind of realistic he wouldn't care.

He'd probably be relived he doesn't have to watch over Kaoru, since his little sis is taking care of that. Being afraid your SO will pull their plug when you aren't looking is extremely stressful.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

What's great about this is this almost unflinching portrayal of thin-skinned / vulnerable narcissist personality disorder.

I hope the author won't pretend she can be fixed just because some lovey dovey. It would take a lot deeper level of self-reflection and someone helping them along every step of the way. Thankfully it seems she will be enabled by extreme sycophant instead, and they can have their sick, co-dependent imitation of a good relationship for years to come.

NPD often can't be fixed completely even through intense therapy, because someone who has NPD will almost never do real self-reflection or they may even be unable to do so honestly. They already feel they are great and good, so why would they need therapy or a new perspective? It's the other people's fault for being so prickly and easily offended, surely.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 2:12AM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

im not mad.. just disapionted.. after a roller coaster of a story, this ending makes me feel nothing tbh which is unfortunate bc i was always fond of this one but jeez this is just awful..

After Kaoru clearly rejected Uta, I was expecting ending of this type.

Problem I have here is that Uta has no agency or direction with ending like this, she just keeps on living with her straight crush "big sister" and that's it. In fact, their lives together are probably creepy, because Uta will keep on staring and fantasizing and masturbating about her every day and never getting some from another women... She's going to be a horny lesbian virgin for the rest of her life.

I would have enjoyed Risako and Uta realizing mutually that they are both gay and have a crush on same straight girl, and take it from there. Uta could have NTR'ed her brother too, for extra laughts. :)

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 11:45PM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

I think this last chapter would have been better off without pages 22-26. There was no reason to even hint that adult Uta would still live with her crush several years after the fact, because there's no real context to it.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 10:36PM

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Really mixed bag, this one. In fact, I'd say this had more negative lean to it if you comb through what MC's opinions and actions were.

joined Feb 11, 2018

Excellent scheming with a juicy reward. The dark-haired girl sure is a go-getter.

I'd call this a cuckoo romance, with an egg literally pushed off the nest to make some room for the brood parasite.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

This was rather amusing. Poor monster girls...

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well, at least she's not into being actually babied... Or is she? :)

I wish there was more of this, it could be funny to see how far this kink/parental attention deficit goes.

joined Feb 11, 2018

As for the original question: There's absolutely such a thing as "mostly straight" or "effectively straight", but it could be defined several ways. I'll insert myself as an example: I don't really care what's in the pants, but I don't feel attracted to "clearly male physique" (face, build, bulk), so if a guy were to convincingly cross-dress (or actually be trans and pass well enough), I'd be down with that. (Un)fortunately I'm married to a woman. That last factor very much narrows down how my sexuality manifests to "effectively straight".
I wouldn't really care what's in the pants as long as the rest of the body looks feminine, and I don't know a label that properly describes it, nor do I care if there really is one. I think that's a bit weird, but that's okay, we're all weird in our own ways. Labels, while somewhat useful in discourse, are ultimately just rough categories that will almost never fully describe an individual.

You're gynesexual. I think lot of people find it more natural to describe the body shapes and other features as to what they are attracted to.

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Gynesexual

last edited at Aug 12, 2020 8:55AM

herenowforever
School Zone discussion 11 Aug 20:15
joined Feb 11, 2018

What a wonderful revelation. Goddess of Yuri must be smiling at that train of thought.

joined Feb 11, 2018

They sure figured out pretty fast how lesbian sex works

It's not like straight sex is often that good on the first time either. It can be quite awkward and un-enjoyable, even with someone you really like, because.. You both suck and not in a good way. :)

It is just another silly anomaly of romantic storytelling. Couple may have all sorts of other troubles they have to fight through, but everyone is a pro in the sack, even if they haven't ever even thought about it before.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

This doesn't feel like Yuri to be honest!!!
Am I disrespectful because of the look and the acting. It's ike some default h-manga where the dude gets to UH a hot girl

It does give the h-manga vibe cuz it's like you just swapped the guy protag for a tomboy girl.

But I'd say it's a h-Yuri manga. You have two women getting it on and it's sweet.

Seduction story like this isn't really restricted to heterosexual relationships. In fact, girl couples often have to go beyond hinting interest to even find a partner. In some cases you have to be awfully direct, so you can cut through all the doubts.

herenowforever
Lily Marble discussion 11 Aug 05:44
joined Feb 11, 2018

I think the most annoying thing in this is that Asama and Moe both did not come out to their friends. I don't mean like "I love you, babe", but "You know, I've come to realize I'm not straight".

It's especially wexing with Nozomi, who specifically had a chapter where she came to realize that there are far more non-heterosexuals in the world than she thought there were, even in her workplace, only for Asama to never tell Nozomi about her own real nature. Or it was left out, but that's equals to same thing as far as readers are concerned.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 5:48AM

herenowforever
Image Comments 08 Aug 14:13
joined Feb 11, 2018
Eevioefumamrdor-orig

Satisfying both Magilou and Eleanor on a same night could indeed be quite exhausting...

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 2:13PM

herenowforever
Image Comments 07 Aug 06:42
joined Feb 11, 2018
Erl5amuucaegxof-orig

Only thing wrong with this image is that Miku would never be Hibiki's maid, but her Queen.

herenowforever
Image Comments 05 Aug 07:40
joined Feb 11, 2018
Eeabtczueaaamjt-orig%20(1)

Boobnosis.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Why are beautician, teacher and OL the only jobs you’re allowed to have in shoujo manga?

You can also be a florist or work in a restaurant. Maybe a nurse too, if it's a hospital romance. :)

TBH, lot of women in Japan (in the past especially), had short temporary careers, where they transferred from their job to being home mommies in their thirties at latest and many bosses actually expect/ed this. Which is why many of those who just wanted to keep working ran into a glass ceiling.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 6:36AM

joined Feb 11, 2018

That was the most self-inserty, wish-fulfilmenty drivel I've ever read, but boy was it some cute wish fulfilment so I'll forgive it.

I guess you never read any of those hundreds of Isekai-Harem-Superpower-PERfEct-IMMortAl-EvenGodLovesYOU stories... This one still seems like bleak realism in comparison. :)

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

Friendship between girls is also yuri.

That's called REEEEEEmance.

joined Feb 11, 2018

"I'm interested in other girls boobs, aren't you?" -> "Is she one of those people?"

What is this, Narnia logic? :)

herenowforever
Image Comments 22 Jul 13:54
joined Feb 11, 2018
81299212_p0

Ara ara, this is a truly wonderful cross-over idea and well executed too.

herenowforever
Image Comments 21 Jul 19:31
joined Feb 11, 2018
Cbiubrqumaahnde-orig

"Omg yessss I need more of this ship"

Ship? Sheesh, these two are pretty much iconical lesbian couple. I honestly can't believe that first VN of this series was released as late as 2006. They've made a ton of them between back then and 2016.

There are also a bunch of light novels that I've not read. I think that all yuri franchises could use the amount of development that has gone into Sono Hanabira.

herenowforever
Lily Marble discussion 11 Jul 15:18
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ha, what if the dude Hikari married were actually already married already. Once she found out, she'd get with Moe. Lol wouldn't be the first time

Actually right now you could technically be married to a guy, and have a registered same sex relationship at the same time in Japan.

That's because when relationship registration was challenged in courts 2015(IIRC), it was judged that it was allowed to stay in effect because it did not attempt to replace or change the marriage laws that are tied to the constitution.

herenowforever
joined Feb 11, 2018

I kind of wish this one has a twist ending with these two raging lesbians getting together, and then they leave the poor romance-phobic girl alone... Oh well. I'm sure the author will drag out the agony since she already gave herself 3 full years to do so.