Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

joined Jul 26, 2019

yet another one with a garbage ending. so far i'm still waiting to be surprised. but i doubt it. what is the point of this story i wonder.

Are you a human or a robot ?

joined May 1, 2015

With the release of chapter 22, we're now caught up with the magazine. See you again in October!

Thank you for your hard work. I always loook forward to this manga.

In another note.
I knew it. No, Kaoriiiiiiiiiiii.

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 7:19AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

Oh god that last page really choked me up. I can't deal with this I just want them to be gay and happy!!!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Thanks for the translation, really great work! Can't wait for the next release

This chapter also confirms what everybody probably guessed already, that Kaori is deliberately trying to "fix" the lives of some people she cares about to make sure that her dying leaves no loose ends. I wonder if Shizuku will find out and how she'll react to this, though it is very in-character for Kaori to do something like this so she might not be all that surprised to find out. Could be a good point to delve into what Kaori feels for Shizuku though.

yeah it also shows a certain level of tragedy where Kaori has just straight up accepted that she's going to die soon to such an extent that she'd rather make sure that everyone in her life will be able to go on without her than giving herself the perfect last couple months. She just cannot ask others to care for her because she's too busy trying to ensure that when she dies she'll leave as little of a hole as she possibly could.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

I'm fully prepared to see the tragedy tag on one of the next chapters.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm fully prepared to see the tragedy tag on one of the next chapters.

I am not. Please send help.

...This was never going to be a cute fluffy yuri with moe blobs blushing at each other...

Let me keep dreaming, please! But yeah, 100% correct. Could also be M.Night Shyamalan tier plot twist if after all of the buildup it just ends with Kaori being discharged and stuff. Would be somewhat amusing in its own right.

On the subject of trainwrecks, tragedies, and supposed "garbage" endings - I usually try to avoid tragedies. Personal preference. This one has been so good and so consistently compelling, even knowing how it will most probably end and not being ready for it, I'm still here for the ride. I'm not going to lie, huge part of me hopes for the ass-pull of the century, and judging by the writing in the series so far, I actually believe that given enough time the author could make something that would be more compelling than gathering all of the dragon balls, but even if it doesn't, nothing takes away from how good of a story it is, plain and simple.

In any case, this chapter had a bit of fluff in it, but then hit with the sucker punch near the end, holy crap. I was tempted to joke about Kaori now shipping her sister with Shizuku and the series ends with them being together somehow, but I don't have it in me to do anything more than this lame attempt. Goddamnit.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

FUCK ME... How does this series go from holy shit this chapter is the most adorable thing in the world.. To making me cry in the last two pages. This stupid manga is so good at doing that Shizuku was so damn adorable with the whole texting thing and phone call... Sigh why did she have to realize her feelings knowing Kaori only has such a little bit of time left. Damnit this is the second time in a week that this series has made me cry while at work lol

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

On the subject of trainwrecks, tragedies, and supposed "garbage" endings - I usually try to avoid tragedies. Personal preference. This one has been so good and so consistently compelling, even knowing how it will most probably end and not being ready for it, I'm still here for the ride. I'm not going to lie, huge part of me hopes for the ass-pull of the century, and judging by the writing in the series so far, I actually believe that given enough time the author could make something that would be more compelling than gathering all of the dragon balls, but even if it doesn't, nothing takes away from how good of a story it is, plain and simple.

In any case, this chapter had a bit of fluff in it, but then hit with the sucker punch near the end, holy crap. I was tempted to joke about Kaori now shipping her sister with Shizuku and the series ends with them being together somehow, but I don't have it in me to do anything more than this lame attempt. Goddamnit.

yeah it certainly is a mark of a good tragedy that you sit there knowing that it won't end well but you still can't help but care for the characters and want for them to gain a good ending even when you know it won't happen.

joined Jan 3, 2020

yeah it certainly is a mark of a good tragedy that you sit there knowing that it won't end well but you still can't help but care for the characters and want for them to gain a good ending even when you know it won't happen.

Yeah, I keep telling myself: "Maybe she just needs better medical care and gets moved to a foreign hospital, and that's why it was their 'last summer' together!"

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Thanks for the translation, really great work! Can't wait for the next release

This chapter also confirms what everybody probably guessed already, that Kaori is deliberately trying to "fix" the lives of some people she cares about to make sure that her dying leaves no loose ends. I wonder if Shizuku will find out and how she'll react to this, though it is very in-character for Kaori to do something like this so she might not be all that surprised to find out. Could be a good point to delve into what Kaori feels for Shizuku though.

yeah it also shows a certain level of tragedy where Kaori has just straight up accepted that she's going to die soon to such an extent that she'd rather make sure that everyone in her life will be able to go on without her than giving herself the perfect last couple months. She just cannot ask others to care for her because she's too busy trying to ensure that when she dies she'll leave as little of a hole as she possibly could.

Perfectly put. Shizuku has really started to notice Kaori does this too and while it might be selfish for Shizuku to ask Kaori to lean on her, it's less tragic than what Kaori is doing to herself.

I haven't seen in the credit page the chibi mini scene in that foggy field for a couple of chapters and while I do miss those, I think it would make me cry way more if they were present.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

So this is just the prologue to VA-11 Hall-A Cyberpunk Bartender

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

This has the pain of Your Lie in April all over it. Lord o'mercy.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I think Kaori is trying to make her sister and Shizuku to rely on each other after Kaori passes away. Idk I also feel like kaori wants her sister to take her place next to Shizuku? I mean like a possible romance between them... idk I think I'm thinking too much about a possible relationship between Shiori and Shizuku in the future when Kaori is gone... idk don't mind me. I don't dislike that idea but I prefer kaori to live longer

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

This manga is going to end some day and it's going to kill me

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm waiting for that twist ending wherein Karori turns into a wizard and lives for 5,000 years

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This manga is going to end some day and it's going to kill me

Every new chapter posted makes me scared that I'll see a "The End" on the last page.

I think Kaori is trying to make her sister and Shizuku to rely on each other after Kaori passes away. Idk I also feel like kaori wants her sister to take her place next to Shizuku? I mean like a possible romance between them... idk I think I'm thinking too much about a possible relationship between Shiori and Shizuku in the future when Kaori is gone... idk don't mind me. I don't dislike that idea but I prefer kaori to live longer

I personally would like it best if Kaori was trying to make Shizuku a surrogate sister for Shiori. Shizuku would always have a way to be connected to Kaori, and Shiori would have someone her big sister loved and trusted enough by her side to offer support during that terrible time (+ Shizuku's family, which Kaori for sure knows are the best).

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 6:17PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I personally would like it best if Kaori was trying to make Shizuku a surrogate sister for Shiori. Shizuku would always have a way to be connected to Kaori, and Shiori would have someone her big sister loved and trusted enough by her side to offer support during that terrible time (+ Shizuku's family, which Kaori for sure knows are the best).

I like that idea too and think it could be a possible endgame for the series when Kaori inevitably passes and both Shiori and Shizuku are devastated then them looking out for each other and Shizuku having a younger "sister" might actually be an important part of her going on with life, not forgetting about Kaori but also not being stuck in the past again. Maybe a full reconciliation with Ruri and Seri will also be part of that process. In any case, I expect a really bittersweet ending, with the emphasis on bitter

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Nooo author please don't do this to me, I don't care about good writing anymore, it doesn't matter if is a literal deus ex machina I just want to see Kaori healthy and happy with shizuku. My little heart can't handle losing two kaoris the same way

joined Dec 3, 2017

Nooo author please don't do this to me, I don't care about good writing anymore, it doesn't matter if is a literal deus ex machina I just want to see Kaori healthy and happy with shizuku. My little heart can't handle losing two kaoris the same way

same i don't even care if it ruins all the emotional build up or themes, i just want them to live a long happy life together

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

With the release of chapter 22, we're now caught up with the magazine. See you again in October!

Thank you for your work!! Damn, I love this Manga, it's gonna make me cry

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I haven't seen in the credit page the chibi mini scene in that foggy field for a couple of chapters and while I do miss those, I think it would make me cry way more if they were present.

I forget if it was in the forum or in a credits page, but the person who drew the chibis left the project so they haven't been and won't be there any more.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I forget if it was in the forum or in a credits page, but the person who drew the chibis left the project so they haven't been and won't be there any more.

Credits page.

Tumblr_2d0c1aea2299eddddc28c7a71bc18ab93e_21a53db1_1280
joined Mar 31, 2017

After two years of this manga being out I finally gave it a shot (honestly don’t remember what kept me from reading it, maybe I didn’t care much for the art style at first or something?).
But it’s definitely been worth it. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen the crushing weight anxiety written so accurately. Literally on the edge of my seat for the next chapter!!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

With what's left of her lungs,she shall breath new life to all those around her,before her last breath.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Anybody got a guess what Kaori's super deadly disease could be? I was thinking of cystic fibrosis but that still has a life expectancy of around 30, not 15

To reply you must either login or sign up.