Forum › Posts by benja

benja
Yuru Yuri discussion 10 Mar 01:46
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

lol gotta say that the bomb being real caught me off guard, i tought it was gonna be some kind of toy or that the control was for other device

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

A really good work from this artist, though I am quite confused as to how did post-amnesia Kita even fall in love again with Ryo? Is it like a natural feeling thing?

it´s implied some time passed after the concert i guess ryo put her act together and kita slowly started to fall fo her again

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

As good as Koe no Katachi/A Silent Voice was, Shoya's bullying was a lot worse than Shizuku's, to the point that some people were turned against him from the start. He went out of his way to make Shoko's life miserable, ruined 1.7 million yen worth of hearing aids (well over $14,000 US), got the rest of the class to join in and ultimately caused her to become suicidal, all for no better reason than to kill his boredom.

that´s the thing tho, kids can be extremely cruel without a real reason, shoya´s actions are not unrealistic at all. I guess the point is that the whole ruri incident could be solved by with just a bit of communication and was definetly blown out of proportions while shoya´s long and hard fought redemption feels apropiate to the amount of hurt he did

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

whaaaat a character froma a romom clearly and calmly explaining her worries and thoughts to her partner instead of hiding it, acting weird and making a mess. Sheees i could get used to this

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't get it? What is the problem if she is saw again? Wasn't she not an idol anymore?

It's probably related to the reason she quit to begin with.

but like what can the director do? it´s not like she can control elm´s live outside her activities as idols, besides miyako doesn´t even work for her anymore so im geniunely clueless about what´s the deal here

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This isn't a matter of moral judgement. It's simply a matter of two people having misaligned interests. They tell you pretty clearly in this chapter: Nanao's on cloud nine, while Asumi likes the pleasure of the moment but does not feel comfortable with this being a long term situation. Nanao wants far more and on a permanent basis than what Asumi wants to give her. It's not that Asumi doesn't like her or enjoy being with her, it's that she wants more than this for herself, desires that conflict with Nanao's desires.

Asumi s interests have changed drastically throughout the story, heck she's just been going along with the flow, at the beginning her visits to the brothel were genuine attempts to find mai to try a serious relationship with her, after that she kinda forgot about mai and kept going out of pleasure. The idea that she doesn't want a estable relationship or that she's unwilling to give up her brothel escapades is completely unfounded, cuz again her brothel adventures started as a way to reconnect with Mai and right now she not going cuz she feels comfortable and satisfied by being with nanao. Most of her awkwardness are due to nanao paying her for a job she's not doing. Even if finding Mai took a backseat let's not forget that is still asumi a main motivation.
The idea that asumi would reject a relationship where all her sexual, financial and emotional needs are satisfied is just baffling and just your projection of what you want of the story and not what's actually written

last edited at Feb 3, 2024 11:10PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

But Nanao's still not being 100% honest, probably not even with herself, proposing the FWB arrangement when what she really wants is true love forever, and then acting like Asumi agreed to true love forever instead of FWB with how she's treating her.

When did she act like that tho? They're friends with benefits and they fuck that's the extent of their relationship right now, nanao is not asking anything out of asumi, she's free to do whatever she wants with her free time, asumi spends time with nanao out her will

Fundamentally, Nanao wants to possess Asumi. Even right from the start of her feelings, remember how she stalked her and saw her entering the love hotel with a woman, which is how she got the idea that Asumi worked for the brothel to begin with? Asumi, however, does not want to be possessed. This is a fundamental gap between them that is irreconcilable without Nanao coming to terms with it and realizing she can't have what she wants.

You're making nanao intentions and actions look way more heinous that they actually are, from her point of view her friend seemed in desperately need of money to the point of having several jobs at the same time, she was genuinely concerned about her situation. Also let's not forget that asumi was the one that invited nanao to the hotel after the date ended, nanao was perfectly fine with letting asumi go after that.
Asumi is interested in nanao that's just a fact, and the idea that she's manipulating her or that she sneakily dragged her into a relationship is just ridiculous, cuz again it was asumi that invited nanao to the hotel and accepted being friends with benefits after that

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't really get this fixation with Sayaka an the other girls at the brothel, like yeah it was a funny subversion of the "the client got too obsessed with the prostitute" trope. But as a real end goal for asumi it lacks any kind substance, they barely know each other and aside from the sex asumi doesn't seem particularly interested in any of the girls.
Nanao doesn't fell for asumi cuz "OMG she cute" like the other girls, she actually got to know asumi and spend time with her through college and shared hobbies, she isn't just lusting after her, she actually loves her

last edited at Jan 30, 2024 3:40AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

can´t belive it´s been almost a year since the last update here, does anybody knows what happened.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

less gooo the kasumichi ship hasn´t sunk yet, we´re so back baby

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

its giving me just enough "the real her" vibes that I instantly need to reread "the real her"

well god damn now that you made me remember now i HAVE to re-read "the real her" again, it´s been a while since i heard that name

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

lol i love how she went from tsundere to thirsty AF in she span of like 5 pages

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I know you hate Shiho, but put yourself in her shoes for a second and imagine what she must be feeling right now, "dating" someone she loves deeply and who may or may not reciprocate her love at some point. That's not healthy. And it's Aki's fault.

Keep saying that over and over—that’ll definitely make it so.

Lol I don't know where that came from either, I just find baffling how despite the text itself making it very clear that Aki is dating shiho out of fear of retaliation from her, some people will just find a way to make shiho the victim despite her making her bed and now not wanting to lay on it.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

In summary: Aki herself got into a labyrinth in which she only has two options: Either reciprocate Shiho's feelings, or lose her relationship with her forever.

bruh, shiho brought that to herself through her own actions, she gave the ultimatum to aki at the festival. Aki took the blame for everything shiho did and apologized even tho she literally did nothign wrong, now after shiho pretty much forced a confession out of her, she acts insulted? even tho this is literally what she asked for?. What the actual fuck dude? what is aki supossed to do, how much more does she has to bend over backwards to satisfy shiho

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 11:47PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I´m gonna be honest at first i had my doubts about this one, it felt like a weird mix of a silent voice and shigatsu wa kimi no uso, but as the story progressed it found it´s own identity and it came together beautifully.
Now if you excuse me i´m gonna go cry myself to sleep

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Shiho doesn't deserve to be in this uncomfortable and uncertain situation. It's entirely Aki's fault, and this time she has no excuse.

what the actual fuck lol, how is this aki´s fault in any shape or form, can you really blame aki for being extremely wary and walking on egg shells around shiho. From her perspective shiho suddenly left without any reason and cut all ties with her, only to start antagonizing her and the SS girls the moment they meet again, then she learned that the reason shiho was being a nuisance to everyone was cuz she loved her and felt rejected (even tho she never actually confessed).

Can you really blame her for thinking that if she didn´t reciprocates shiho´s feelings on the spot she would just regress and cut her of her life again, heck even after the festival ended shiho confidently said to aki that she wouldn´t accept her previous relationship since she wanted more.

If shiho had any growth during this whole arc i´d be more incline to see aki´s decistion as rash but she didn´t, like at all. Shiho started as someone that would throw away the things she supposedly loved the moment things didn´t went her way, i.e. violin and her love for aki, and on the climax of this arc as always she was ready to throw away her first love without even trying. The only reason the story didn´t end with shiho alone again was cuz hima literally drag her so aki could do all the development

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

bruh i can´t believe swap swap ended 5 years ago, reading a new work from tomekichi really makes me feel old and nostalgic. It takes me back to simpler times

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 12:28AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

So remember kids if you ever have a one sided crush just be annoying AF and she might date you out of obligation

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

There's no in between, you hate it or you love it... there's no "I don't really care" option, I see...
There are people condemning this manga, saying is a waste of their time, spamming and calling it stupid, but I suppose that if we try hard enough, anything convenient is a fact.

what? there´s like 3 or 4 post calling it dumb or a waste of time don´t know where´s the supossed spam, on the other hand there´s tons of people saying that is cute but gives the wrong idea about smoking, there´s plenty of in between, i guess anything but unconditional praise in considered hate on thi site lol

At the end of the day, most of us are adults, pretty aware of the dangers so when people spam warnings as if they're trying to reverse break the 4th wall and save the protagonist we are just a little... perplexed, that's all.

ok there´s like 3 or 4 people that outright hate it, if you consider that spam i guess that´s also fine, For me the botom like is that "she smeel so good" is a silly line and shows how little the author knows about smoking, this feels like it was written by a 14 y/o that has never been around a smoker but thinks smooking is cool.
I´m not here to lecture anyone on the dangers of smoking i just gave my opinion and some of my life experiences as a smoker myself (wich i thought was the poin of this forum but again i see that anything but uncoditional praise is considered hate) and i´ve seen a lot of people do the same in a respectfull way. Compared to let say citrus this is pretty chill discussion so i don´t really see the supossed hate train

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
D3g_takahashi-1728617982623089143-img1

puppy love is always cute

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Yuri_kyanon-1730833781144371387-img1

@juanelric nah bro i´m always up for some crack ships even better when they´re yuri but himmel x frieren is just so sweet and has such a bitter sweet background it´ll always be my favorite

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

People clicking on a manga about smoking, titled the smoking maid, and then complaining about the smoking is hilarious to me lmao

i don´t really see people complaining as much as just stating facts, like if someone smokes near you the stench will be so strong that you probably won´t be able to really notices that person s natural smell and it definetly doesn´t smell nice at all, not an opinion or condemnation of the manga just a fact. if someone were to post a yuri about a couple going " yeah dude the earth is definetly so flat" people will rightfully so call out the BS

As i see it there´s two types of people in this comment section the ones that think smoking is cool and the ones that have actually smoked or being around someone that does it in a regular basis

last edited at Dec 4, 2023 4:02AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

god i love nanao so much, she´s so proactive and willing to go outside of her comfort zone to make asumi happy, always paying atention to asumi and the thing she maybe did wrong, always trying to find solutions and even if sometimes they´re a bit silly she´s always giving her all. She´s naive but not dumb and even if she´s inexperienced she´s perceptive, so refreshing

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

if i had a nickel for every yuri romcom that gets serious and introduces world ending threats i´d have two nickels wich isn´t a lot but it´s weird that happened twice

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Why is everyone in this comments section just going on about the dangers of smoking lmao. Absolutely no chill.

As a smoker myself I can tell you than smoking is an horrible habit that me and many other wish we didn't have, every smoker I've meet will always tell you about how much they want to quit and how they will never teach anyone how to smoke or provide a cigarette to youngster cuz all of us know how nasty of an habit it becomes. Maybe I'm being pretentious here but the only people that find smoking hot are impressionable teenagers