Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Seriously one of the best stories of bullying redemption arcs I've ever read. Love how they portray Ruri's conflicting feelings and also how her feelings are never ignored or belittled.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Kaori is so excited for an ending, maybe paralleling that she's accepted her own. Shizuku, on the other hand, delaying it for as long as she possibly can. Fucking hurts, dude.

I also like how Ruri's feelings and experiences are fully valid, and she's given no room for self-doubt and self-belittling. I'm not sure what further role she has nor what would I like her role to be, but I think I'd at least want her and Shizuku to properly bury the hatchet, and I'm kinda looking forward to that. And kinda absolutely not since, just like Shizuku, I'd rather delay the ending for as long as humanly possible. This is so fucking good, but it hurts so fucking much. Fuck.

joined May 1, 2015

Damn you Kaori.
I don't want to see the end.

joined Jun 11, 2021

i hope ruri and shizuku can make up and be friends so they at least have each other after kaori goes.
god this one is really gonna leave me in shambles by the end i dont know if i can handle it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kao-chan turns into a yokai. Change my mind.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I start to losing hope, so unfair

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That's part of the twist that this story is actually the novel, but she survives in real life

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The real question is which kind of youkai.

joined Dec 30, 2018

I dont want this to end man

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I wonder if on the night she goes out, Kaori dies. If not, it'll be the catalyst for it. If that happens, Imma throw up from how sad that would be

Kobayashismile
joined Apr 7, 2021

I wasn't a huge fan of this manga at the start, but it's grown on me a ton. Looking forward to the next chapters

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

In here, I never hated the bully, unlike in Silent Voice. She's a pretty atypical bully. In the past, bullies were believed to be kids in a violent enviroment, and today, are just kids who wants to test limits. I've never seen a bullying being someone who wanted to help someone and ended up traumatizing this person. It's kind of funny, if someone told me this story I would think it was a joke. Yet, the author makes something ridiculous seems real. Congrats.

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

come on it’s christmas give them a happy ending it’s my birthday soon it’s hanukkah you gotta give them a happy ending for easter

ManuTheBloodedge
joined Oct 20, 2022

Man, that is depressing...
10 pages of good character development I wanted to see, and it all gets ruined on page 11.
Don't define yourself by your pain, or your existence will be painful. Move on.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

That's part of the twist that this story is actually the novel, but she survives in real life

Pleeeaaaase.

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

Been a great read so far, looking forward to the next chapters.

joined Oct 27, 2018

That's not a good sign.

joined Mar 19, 2022

Don't do that to me, author. Don't give me hope that this might all turn out okay.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Btw I heard that Volume 5 of the manga was recently released in which the author said the manga will be ending in its 6th volume.

All volume has 5 chapters each. Vol5 has chapters 21~25. If this remains the same for the next volume, that means it will be ending in chapter 30 and tbh I'm not ready. The manga has 26 chapters btw so in just 4 more chapters the inevitable might be happening.

Will Kaori survive? I hope so, I really want to but I know she will be gone

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

Btw I heard that Volume 5 of the manga was recently released in which the author said the manga will be ending in its 6th volume.

Yep, sensei has announced at the end of volume 5 (chapter 25.5, coming soon™) that the story of "Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata" will conclude in 6 volumes.

She later mentioned on her FANBOX that it was her own decision to conclude the story in the next volume, after discussing it with her editor. There's no external pressure, it's the author's intention.

All volume has 5 chapters each. Vol5 has chapters 21~25. If this remains the same for the next volume, that means it will be ending in chapter 30 and tbh I'm not ready. The manga has 26 chapters btw so in just 4 more chapters the inevitable might be happening.

In the FANBOX post above, she also mentioned that volume 6 "will be a little thicker than usual". So, I'd say around 6-7 chapters instead. (Chapter 26 was already out and it was a bit short because she "was busy", so I counted that as half a chapter.)

She also said that she'll do her best to bring the story to the conclusion, but there might be times when she will have to take a hiatus.

She hopes that we'll continue to support her until the end.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Chapter 26 was already out and it was a bit short because she "was busy", so I counted that as half a chapter.

It was one of the chapter I immediately read after buying the yuri hime comic. I was kinda surprised it was very short, I was like "what wait" and eve went went back to see if I missed pages. But well hopefully she gives the manga a nice ending even if Kaori passes away

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Since she's ending the series on her own terms I think there is a better chance it will be a nice ending (regardless of Kaori's death status). Even though I am sad to hear it is ending soon, I'm also not since it does feel "about time". It feels like a pretty good time to bring everything to a close and has been feeling that way for a while. Honestly it's kinda hard for me to see how she would drag it out further.

All I'm hoping for is a few happy moments of the two together after the confession. Don't kill Kaori off before the confession and don't kill her off immediately right after lol

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 2:03AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Fuck i really want a happy ending for those two

But its not possible

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Bro at this point I'm just waiting for that ol' Tragedy tag to make an appearance

Screenshot%202022-08-09%20173918
joined Jun 28, 2022

Please don't

To reply you must either login or sign up.