Forum › Posts by Karretch

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Coming back after I forgot I posted, about my thinking the Director is her mom was because of the use of the endearment "Honey". I forgot about the Kansai parents thing, and I'll chalk it up to not understanding the culture or maybe a translation issue, it just sits real weird for the Director to say that.

Karretch
Love Bullet discussion 13 Apr 16:30
joined Jul 28, 2019

yeah, while I'll go along with whatever the story decides. It does feel like letting Aki just figure it out on her own without a cupid pushing her along would be the best option. She's clearly very loved and we're told that in past years she just hid herself at home. She's doing better and starting to move on, so just let her do so on her own.

Unless I'm forgetting some exposition from the previous chapters, I think one has to go into this series under the assumption that Love (that is, actual mutual romance) is not a thing that just happens in the organic way we think of it but always by the hand of a cupid.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Not to mention, even though it wasn't stated, I'm pretty confident the Director is her mom? So that's another lever of power wedged into this debacle of what-the-fuckery.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Rei firmly confirming her selfish bitch character.

joined Jul 28, 2019

... Last day, still no hint about mer-mom... I STILL WANT THAT PAYOFF!

Otherwise, very wholesome chapter, very cute, send help cuz i need an insulin shot and an ice pack for how steamy it was getting.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Wait, I just realized a potential plot hole. Eve didn't have memories from the time as a kid because her future self and past self swapped thus those memories didn't exist, but in the place she should have had memories of a two months with some random lady but actually doesn't have any memories from then.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Just vaguely curious here: is there a manga term (yes, I know this series isn’t Japanese) for this “person gets a chance to live their life over” genre, parallel to “isekai,” etc.?

Tensei means resurrection or something like that, hence all the "isekai tensei - reborn in another world". While not quite full starting over, one could consider "trying again" a tensei perhaps?

Karretch
A Cute Guy discussion 25 Mar 11:50
joined Jul 28, 2019

I BUSTED OUT LAUGHING! The karaoke assistant is one of the greatest.

joined Jul 28, 2019

so... Gma's the reason stuff started going downhill with the... well, not kidnapping, but the transformed run-away group? Dang. Even with the alien logic that comes with being a monster, I can tell Chitose went through some trauma with Reiko's reaction.

joined Jul 28, 2019

What if the young girl isn’t her inner child but her twin sister that she lost?

That's what I've been thinking since her first appearance.

joined Jul 28, 2019

2 things:
- He admitted it in front of a full class after Kaye called him out, I want to see what sort of BS the author contrives to make none of this matter
- Would Kaye being a transmigrator do anything about the supposed "reincarnation of the Demon Lord"? A foreign soul that's not related, maybe it can't actually manifest if so?

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Is... is that some weird law Japan actually has? The "compensation" thing? Is that a law the US has?! Other countries?Man... just thinking about this is making me kinda depressed and not want to go anywhere.

joined Jul 28, 2019

am i getting deja vu?

Might have read it over on MD? I saw it was there on front page recent updates and well and far ahead of what's been submitted to Dynasty.

joined Jul 28, 2019

What's peoples take on Mao's little hearts when Narita appears (and she's looking at him)? Maybe a side couple?

My thoughts as well! Though maybe nothing on Narita's side yet, but there's definitely something on Mao's side

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 2:00AM

joined Jul 28, 2019

Before this chapter's end I had a feeling Rollo might have had an idea, which was confirmed, and despite the last chapter's eccentric characters appear I was not ready for the full-kink party club that was presented I actually busted out laughing.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

God, those "false sexual harassment allegations" plotlines really piss me off... How often in media are they framed as something that is only lies? 99% of the time, which does not in any way reflect the real life percentage. I genuinely feel like this kind of things contributes to survivors not being believed in the real world.

It's also a part of the celebrity/idol culture. Not unique only to Japan, any time any celebrity has something revealed about them all the weirdo parasocials that haven't actually had any form of contact believe that the person they "know" was lying to them, then throw on a good old heaping of anti-lgbt bigotry, bake on high for 30 min, and you've got a scandal.

Then on the other foot you have all the people jealous about anyone else's success so they try their hardest to bring their "rival" down even if said "rival" doesn't even know who they are. They either plan stuff in advance (like what's happening here) or cherry pick minute details that in the grander picture mean nothing.

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 1:21AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

It showed aunt trilobites, because aunt is interested in trilobites.
It showed Furuka clams, because Furuka is interested in clams.

Once again the lack of a like feature is strongly felt. Good one.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm wondering if it's a wish granting spirit. Not to try and claim it's benevolent, but Aunt went looking for Trilobites, and maybe it made trilobites that died not long after. Idk, spitballing, we don't know how long Aunt was going back to that spot so it may either make no sense they dried in a short amount of time or make perfect sense if it's been over a week.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Pg 24, random "Lorem Ipsum" spotted haha!

joined Jul 28, 2019

As I said over in the MD chap discussion, Chloe's eyes were hidden up until the final panel where it's revealed her eyes are almost if not exactly the same as Xiao Lan's. One thing about eyes the author does is that species and family share eye colors. Either this is a massive misdirection or Chloe is also a hybrid.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Maybe I'm jaded and Stockholm'd by slow manga but this chapter felt like it was too quick for the resolution. The logical part of my brain sees it's not, but the irrational emotional side is dissatisfied.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Welp.... Nice to see this return, but also, oof damn her home life must be rough. Throwing away underwear and extremely thoroughly cleaning yourself just to enter, no wonder the girl has some messed up kinks. Is her mom just a hypochondriac/OCD or is all this excessive cleanliness a true health concern? The suspicious silhouette makes me think the former. On other hand, I hope it's not a case of just super-obsessively-control-freak mother doing this to reign in or "contain" her daughter.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

So, the ending is a bit ambiguous, but did Ana just fall for someone whom she initially mistook for a romantic rival, but who actually had feelings for her all along, while Kyoko has never noticed a darn thing?

That's the impression I got, but also agree it's too ambiguous to tell.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Also, ch.78 on MD. Last panel on page 12: I think our cute psychopath is also shipping them at this point. ;-D Also, it seems we are finally getting to the Komachi Reveal.

I was thinking it looked more like she was upset with Akira bumping in and taking Satsuki's spotlight off her. What tangled web of emotions lie within that upset could be anything, from minor annoyance to insane jealousy, I couldn't rightly claim.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

In the volume extras, third page, the one labeled as 05, it feels like there's a missing "no" that's supposed to be before "charm".

last edited at Jan 16, 2024 12:28AM