Forum › Posts by Karretch

joined Jul 28, 2019

"predator" here definitely has different vibes in English, though it's possible the same applied for the Japanese title. She's carnivorous (so to speak) but that doesn't necessarily mean that something Horrible was going to happen here, it's more like she just stopped going on the offensive because she wasn't prepared to be acknowledged like that. Which is incredibly cute

She absolutely deserves that "predator" title. She's solely targets virgins, usually considered "easy prey". Also getting the other lead drunk, we all know about that and consent. She started this with the intention of taking the virginity of the other lead as a one night stand.

joined Jul 28, 2019

An issue introduced in a rushed manner then resolved so easily, quickly and neatly leaves me feeling rather unsatisfied by this resolution in a manga i was, up until the last two chapters, enjoying.

Seriously, if the mother was so understanding why the heck didn't she have a frank and open conversation with her daughter about moving before this was an issue? In fact why is her daughter so afraid of speaking out in front of her?

You can't paint their relationship one way and then have it quickly and easily go another.

She wasn't "understanding." She just didn't want to cause too much of a commotion in a public place. While I know it's stereotypical, it's standard "conform, don't stand out" thing of Japanese culture. As to Sora, that's also part of the whole "respect your elders" thing that, while not unique, is much more socially enforced in Eastern cultures. Not to mention the abuse affects different people differently, some just accept things easily to try and make the abuser give them affection that they've been lacking.

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 7:50PM

joined Jul 28, 2019

"A super high-rise building" Ah. I see. Thank you for the enlightenment

joined Jul 28, 2019

I think a lot of people are misreading the amount passed in the time lapse regarding the weight loss and undereating. Yes, the magic diet is an issue, but she could still have genetics to be that pretty just hidden under the squish. Malnutrition isn't the same as starving, you can be relatively "healthy" looking.

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 6:56PM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

So this is a sequel to a sequel to a sequel (to a sequel?) to something I never read in the first place? Really, I shouldn't even consider reading it... but the tags are sucking me in...

I don't know if it's a sequel so much as a retelling/AU. But I'm in same boat, should I even consider this if I don't know what I'm getting into with history behind it?

joined Jul 28, 2019

KISSING?! AMONGST THE YOUTH? WHAT NEXT, SMILES ACROSS THE ROOM?!!

Soon they'll be giving cordial greetings to each other! The scandal of that!

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Not an original story

I'd say.

It's literally the same

Not quite. Same premise, but Kusanagi was about childhood/school friend love. No age gap there. This one has a generational age gap consistency

joined Jul 28, 2019

I give up.
I thought this was a more or less realistic story with some cute fantasy bits, but...
After this, anything can happen.
I look forward to the time when Chome is magically transformed into a human girl through the power of love.

Which part is "this"? The first part is a legend rather than true while the rest are... plausible enough given the setting. Well, they're all legends technically. Neji might not jump the rails yet

I agree that the first panel is obviously a legend, akin to the silver spoon saying, however we now have to consider if the crossover is canon considering we've gotten the actual POV of animals thinking and interacting more than real animals would. If so, magic Chome transformation may be in the works.

last edited at Mar 13, 2021 2:39AM

joined Jul 28, 2019

I feel like they would all be able to come out if they discovered the truth. What's the school going to do? Kick out their entire student body. Besides, I feel like the faculty is probably also crossdressing xD

Also, Minori is quickly establishing herself as best girl

The facutly is definitely in on this. There's no way for 99.99% of your student body to be the wrong sex and you don't find even one of them has lied. I also agree that to fit the theme, all the faculty being crossdressing is a high probability.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

i didn't realize her phone had some cracks. thought my phone's cracks were just covering it lol.

I thought that was a background with tree branches...

joined Jul 28, 2019

What is with the "girls smell nice" thing in so many manga? I understand femininity and perfume are linked, but it's always so weird to see it. Might be perfume, but wouldn't wearing perfume while trying to pass as a guy be a giveaway? And if not perfume, what is inherently about girls that isnt for guys?

joined Jul 28, 2019

I have a sneaking suspicion that there's more to Chihiro than we're seeing, almost as if she has her own stalker/yan side when it comes to Saki. Gonna have to see how this plays out.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I could be wrong, and possibly confusing with other series, but the sister is the bully.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I always thought if a guy became a girl I dont see why they would suddenly be into guys, as usually happens in such stoires. They would surely still be into girls- assuming they were in the first place.

It's because we don't know what would happen, and there are some cases of actual trans people shifting thoughts, but that's people using some to conclude for all. For all we know, those sexuality shifts could be them not internally lying to themselves subconsciously or actual hormone changes change who you like, and it could be either or both that are true. We just don't have the information, and brains are notoriously hard to understand.

joined Jul 28, 2019

HE DO BE A LIZARD THO

Crocs aren't lizards, tho

Karretch
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Dec 21:46
joined Jul 28, 2019

Its not getting sad =because of author we are sad becasue we dont have money / I wish for author to get what they deserve too but and no one is wishing for author to lose money its just we cant read it anymore and n no way in hell we are gonna ask you how we should feel / It is sad when you cant read something you really like but Im still rooting for Taiyaki hope their work will be more famous now/

This is my feeling as well. It's not anger that it's happening, it's a sense of loss because all these vying and competing places asking for money we don't have because we're giving it to another place already or just don't make the income.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 9:49PM

joined Jul 28, 2019

You're all adults, stop pretending to be babies.

Or, maybe, since we're all adults, maybe accept that some people have enough shit in their lives that they don't need more and stop being a jerk.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Despite where I feared it was going, that was a surprisingly wholesome end to that chapter.

joined Jul 28, 2019

well. that's some anxiety i didn't need for the day...

joined Jul 28, 2019

Fully waiting for the director to be hoping for an antagonistic attitude between them to appear in a "flubbed" recording, then to air it.

joined Jul 28, 2019

In quite a few panels Ryou looked an awful lot like Hina from Kindres Spirits on the Roof.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

It's not just two types of arrows, though. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch01#12 shows that each person has a unique arrow.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Can anyone explain why are they wearing their engagement ring on their pinky finger and not on their ring finger...

I'm unsure if there's a specific meaning, but I took it as "hey, Japan doesn't do gay marriage, but we want to have a thing between us to prove our love" yet also not spark people to go "hey, are you married/engaged" by it being on the traditional finger.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Kinnikufan posted:

I can't unsee 6 fingers on Vivi's hand on the last page of chapter 2.

I think you're misinterpreting the creases on her palm as being a sixth finger.

No, that's definitely an accidental 6th finger. Follow the knuckle lines.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Like, I sorta get it, but also I don't. How does she not know the feeling of a nipple? Has she never explored her body? And I don't mean necessarily sexually, but not even just to know it better? You'd think even in the hectic situation you'd know your hand went up and under a bra unless that's some very light fabric.