Forum › Posts by xphrnzrjh

xphrnzrjh
F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

I went over past chapters now and everything makes so much more sense after this chapter~

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

I love it, I love it, I love it so much!!!! ><
What do we think of the manager guy? Is he the ex husband/father?

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 6:19AM

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

OMG. Omg?!?!??!?!!?!?!?
That chapter. OMGGGGGGGG

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

With the release of chapter 22, we're now caught up with the magazine. See you again in October!

Thank you for your work!! Damn, I love this Manga, it's gonna make me cry

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

Hdjshjaoakahqkanan ya can't end the chapter thereeeeeee

joined Oct 31, 2013

Does anyone know if it's gonna be subbed?

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

No clue on whether this scanlation group/person plans on doing more, according to their site it's commission based.

Yuri-Project will work on the other chapters (in fact, chapter 3 is already translated).

Thank you! Can't wait to read it!

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!
Mr catt you're absolutely brilliant!! You made my day!! I was so surprised to see it in my inbox.
Personally I liked the accent and thought it was fitting, gave it a funny quality that I'm sure Morinaga intended.
I hope you'll continue translating, I can't wait for more already!

Also just wondering if you don't mind, are you Scottish? Only if you don't mind answering

something tells me "the fuck you say eejit" is not the "funny quality" Morinaga was going for

Maybe she wouldn't have used the word "fuck" but I'm pretty sure I can recall the use of the word idiot several times in "Girlfriends" (eejit=idiot in Scotland) and you can use the word "hell" instead of "fuck" which again I'm pretty sure I can recall the use of in "Girlfriends".

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!
Mr catt you're absolutely brilliant!! You made my day!! I was so surprised to see it in my inbox.
Personally I liked the accent and thought it was fitting, gave it a funny quality that I'm sure Morinaga intended.
I hope you'll continue translating, I can't wait for more already!

Also just wondering if you don't mind, are you Scottish? Only if you don't mind answering

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 4:33AM

joined Oct 31, 2013

Thank you whoever worked on this!! I missed them❤❤ I wish there was even more

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 7:32PM

xphrnzrjh
Lily Love discussion 08 Jun 05:27
joined Oct 31, 2013

Ok if Donut wouldn't date Ice I will. She's so adorable and wayyyy to good to be true!!
Also if Mew is holding a RING in that thing I'm gonna lose my shit and not in a good way~ that is wayyy to early for that~

joined Oct 31, 2013

Anyone else is dying for chapter 7 already?? :(

joined Oct 31, 2013

It's probably just me, but for some reason it feels really good to finally get a confirmation that I'm pronouncing Seol-A's name correctly XD

P.S. somebody uploaded a version of the video w/ Halmoni's translation:
http://sasha-andherpotatoe.tumblr.com/post/143523051735/fluttering-feelings-official-video-eng-subs-i

last edited at Apr 28, 2016 8:05PM

joined Oct 31, 2013

The painnnn~ ><

joined Oct 31, 2013

What!?!???? Damnnnn ;(

joined Oct 31, 2013

Only one hour left, you guys!!

joined Oct 31, 2013

24 more hours!

xphrnzrjh
joined Oct 31, 2013

Even with all of its flaws, to this day "Girl Friends" is still my favorite manga~ I don't think I'll ever get over it ><

joined Oct 31, 2013

Leave it to Seol-a to cut her nails the chapter before ch.69.
We doubted her all this time but looks like our Seol-a has finally matured from a baby dyke into a lesbian! I feel like a proud mother xD

Also is it just me, or did Ssamba reference it so many times it's beyond obvious, on purpose?

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:44AM

joined Oct 31, 2013

Ummm, Hye-gyeong texted Seol-a... That's why Seol-a later thought- "can she really stop at her limit?"- it was a reference to their texts.

Also sung-pyos friend says "they must be having a party" when they walked in, so their being there was totally coincidental.

Also Hye-gyeong didn't get No-rae purposely drunk and Sung-pyo didn't try to talk to any of 'em during the party.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 1:52PM

joined Oct 31, 2013

Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence.

Doesn't matter how hot you are if the girl you like is not gay. :[

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae.

There are those that risk it even though they might be afraid or just find out if the other person is curious or something beforehand. Also you could meet someone in a gay bar, online dating, "support group", etc. and if you're out some people might just come to you.

joined Oct 31, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

In my opinion, FF jumped the shark after No-rae's bus accident. That life threatening experience should have accelerated things between them.

Yup. That is exact point after which I stopped reading it, cos even after it there was no progression.

That makes no sense. Seol-A realized her feelings after that. There was a lot of stuff for Seol-A going on after that. If you werent paying attention, that's definitely not the story's fault.

I didn't say that there was no progression (Nevri did), but what I mean is that event was something huge, that should have changed the very foundations of their relationship, like the first time they met and Seol-a was almost strangled to death. The fact that Seol-a is the only one who's getting some progression and not No-rae makes no sense. The thing is that when she was in shock because of that accident, the one who was there for her was Seol-a, the one she clinged to and hugged was Seol-a. That should have made her more aware of her own feelings. But only Seol-a got some screentime, which culminated in an aborted confession because of Mr Cockblock.

And then, instead of resuming confession once the ex is out of the picture, we get Seol-a and No-rae at at part-time job, some backstory of ex dead girl friend, listening to the story of a Seol-a clone which served no visible purpose, Seol-a and No-rae skiiing (hello Mr Cockblock. Why are you here?), Seol-a and No-rae visiting family (almost kiss, but forget it), Seol-a and No-rae walking on the beach, Seol-a and No-rae partying (hello Mr Cockblock, long time no see. Or not).

All the arcs following the bus accident have been used to delay the unavoidable. Maybe some people enjoy that kind of play, but I feel for bad the characters.

I think we didn't see any No-rae progression after the accident because it'll be out of character. No-rae doesn't let people get that close to her and in her eyes letting Seol-a see so much of her after the accident was a lapse of judgment. The fact that she's feeling the way she does toward Seol-a is even more of a reason to push Seol-a away or she'll end up getting hurt again.

Seol-a didn't resume her confession because seeing with her own eyes No-raes ex BOYfriend lowered her confidence. For her it was just another proof that No-rae is Straight and might have feelings for someone else.

joined Oct 31, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

In my opinion, FF jumped the shark after No-rae's bus accident. That life threatening experience should have accelerated things between them.

Yup. That is exact point after which I stopped reading it, cos even after it there was no progression.

I actually disagree. Seol-a realized her feelings because of that accident- that is a huge progression! Immediately afterwords she flirted with No-rae all the time and looked for signs she felt the same. 10 chapters after the accident she even tried to confess.
In 10 chapters Seol-a did much more than No-rae did in over 20- I would say that's a huge progression!

Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence.

Doesn't matter how hot you are if the girl you like is not gay. :[

True dat! Also Seol-a never been in love before, she's not used to this, and last chapter showed us she just doesn't know what to do.

joined Oct 31, 2013

It's been a while since I commented on. So here's my input on everything. We get so frustrated because we want that confirmation of our lovely couple. It will happen, we know this. That aside I think no-Rae is drinking for a few reasons. It goes deeper than just being upset about not graduating when she wants to. I think she is also feeling conflicted about Seol-a. When I saw her acting needy towards Seol-a, that was her true feelings slipping through. I hope we see more of the real No-Rae when she's sober. Also, I agree with othera that No-Raes best friend is not okay with the closeness No-Rae and Seol-a have. (Why is she acting gross)

I don't think Hye-kyung was against Seol-a&No-rae at any point... on the contrary- she was surprised when Seol-a pushed No-rae away and didn't really try to object when Seol-a decided to take No-rae home. She also seemed fine to me when she texted Seol-a and lets not forget she's Seol-as friend as well now, so I don't really see where this is coming from?

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 4:09PM

joined Oct 31, 2013

I used to really enjoy reading people's comments on this thread each week with all the predictions and insights to the chapters, but it's not that fun to read anymore. The horse has been dead for quite some time, and yet every week it's the same posts about how the pacing is too slow, and then the fans of the pacing coming out to defend it. Everyone has already stated their opinions on this multiple times, so why do we keep dwelling on it? There's so much more to talk about, but the whole thread is too clogged up with pacing complaining/defending to really enjoy it.

Well be the one to break the ice and actually start a discussion. Cause so far I see nothing new in chapters to talk about.

Seo-la is crushing hard, No-Rae is oblivious as usual and gets drunk again... not much to talk about, is there?

@Anubis3200: I agree that there isn't as much to talk about on Seol-a's end, but I think No-rae being oblivious and getting drunk is not as straight forward as just that. We've seen No-rae get completely wasted before, yes, but the worst cases were flashbacks to her freshman year. We have seen evidence since then that she has learned to have a little more control and recognize her limits. Even Hye-kyeong mentions this in the texting convo with Seol-a. At the previous beginning of semester party and the one on the MT (or whatever it's called) No-rae didn't over do it. She often likes to drink, but usually doesn't go overboard anymore.

We saw her lose control once recently on the ski trip when she was obviously upset about Seol-a's behavior towards her after seeing No-rae and Sung-pyo together. So what is the motivation this time to get so into the drinking?

Tanks halmoni!
Still not sure why Norae is going all out partying like this. Maybe she is still depressed about her graduation being pushed back? Idk.
Maybe she's frustrated over her feelings for Seola too...
Norae being a vampire now, she could just be anemic.

I think Kisa hit the nail on the head when she said No-rae is frustrated by her own feelings. Personally it seems to me like No-rae might have wanted to get into the party so she could avoid dealing with her own inner turmoil. I'm not totally sold on the "oblivious" No-rae that everyone talks about. Not denying that she isn't sometimes an oblivious block-head, but she also uses that as a facade sometimes to hide her true feelings and observations. There have been a few occasions where No-rae has shown (to everyone's surprise) that she is more observant and in tune with things than she appears, ie teasing Inah about her lie about the neck cast while "innocently" pretending to have believed her. I would also say that the panels showing No-rae with her head down looking at her hand after singing to Seol-a give her away a little.

I think No-rae is afraid to trust what she sees from Seol-a. She's feeling insecure and doesn't want to trust the instincts that are telling her that Seol-a might feel the same way. I also think she just doesn't know what to do with the whole situation and so she throws up that confused facade all the time to avoid giving herself away before she is more sure that's it's safe to show her feelings. But she is also frustrated with herself over this and her own hesitation.

That brings us back to her drinking. I sort of think she wanted to loosen herself up so that she could act more like how she wants to be with Seol-a without thinking about it too much, and it gives her a convenient excuse if people think she's acting weird. And I also don't think she was planning to get totally smashed, just loosen up and have a good time. Her thought about how that certain kind of drink (I forget the name) gets her drunk really quick and the flustered look on her face tell me that it wasn't her intention to get completely wasted (whoops). I think No-rae is just as frustrated as Seol-a, but more with herself and her uncertainty about what to do.

I completely agree with every word you said, No-rae is definitely not as oblivious as she seems and is (as Seol-a mentioned before) very hard to read, which is why I'm dying for a chapter with No-raes POV~ I think the last time was that chapter when she met Seol-a accidentally in the convenience store or something, and that inner monologue definitely didn't disappoint!