Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Nice extra

joined Jan 14, 2020

TIL a "cotton anniversary" means a second anniversary for married couples, because the traditional gift is cotton. Thus the "cotton wedding" invitation to celebrate the second volume, probably.

Oh so that's how it is, I have been wondering about that. Thx for the explanation! Now all I need is someone to explain what is an 'encyclopaedia crustula.'

From context and pictures, pretty obviously a book about cookies or baking.

And while the word is obscure, searching did find https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crustulum

'cookie'

So an encyclopedia of cookies.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Gayest expression in this series. This is not how you look at friends.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 7:29PM

joined Mar 20, 2019

Oh lord, they are reminiscing...

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Honestly, at this point, they just need a little push for them to realize they're in love with each other. :)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Honestly, at this point, they just need a little push for them to realize they're in love with each other. :)

I am very certain Ruriko is fully aware that she's been in love with Kurumi since high school. Kurumi seems like the only one that is oblivious.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trying_out_marriage_with_my_female_friend_ch16_5#6

I feel this in my bones

Enough to make your system groan?

joined Feb 18, 2015

I decided to re-read this, partially because it's such a fun series, and partially because of the informational stuff on the credits pages of the chapters. When I got to chapter 4 and read the one on "Summer Gifts", I had this thought... since the date that the gifts are given differs by region, what happens if you move from one region to the next between the two dates? Do you end up sending gifts twice that year? LOL!

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

The background behind the panels switching a lot. I hope its not some cryptic storytelling or a premonition of oncoming tragedy/plot twist...

With that aside, Kurumi getting gayer from each chapters feeds me life force <3

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 8:43AM

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

She’s starting to understand…
Soon…

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The ''looking forward to going back to work, but being made to feel guilty about it'' thing is a legit real world issue for women that I've seen all around me for years. It's refreshing to see it tackled in manga form :O

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sometimes it helps to talk to other people - in this case, not just her brother's wife, but also Kurumi herself, who is starting to notice her own feelings more after talking about the break-up rule.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

LMAO, the in law thought they were in relationship. Only these two idiots think they're still friends.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I half-expected that they would offer to take care of the kid, that would be a nice twist lmao

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

The ''looking forward to going back to work, but being made to feel guilty about it'' thing is a legit real world issue for women that I've seen all around me for years. It's refreshing to see it tackled in manga form :O

Yeah, that made it a bit more bitter tasting

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oof. Snap back to reality. At least these two dorks are doing just fine. They should eat at a table though.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Yeah, that's some good depiction of reality. I'm honestly glad that the author didn't go the 'men are stupid' route, but rather raise a problem that is realistic and no side is wrong. Tbh, I agree with the brother, but where I come from, normally both parents have 'parental' time. So technically, it would be arbitrary a priori who extends the time. I'm not sure how it's handled in japan though. The decision should be based on who has the better job and a potentially greater income if I had the say. (And for various reasons, yes, it would be likely to be the man.)

This argument of course leads to a downward spiral. So one could make a point to do it the opposite way too. But I would hate to put my child inside a daycare when it's only 1 year old... so the first option is kinda a no go for me anyways.

It's one major reason why the birthrate is ever declining...

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 2:13PM

joined Apr 5, 2015

I'm not sure how it's handled in japan though.

In Japan,to my knowledge, it is assumed that only the woman hast the duty to take care of children and there is greater pressure for them to just quit their job after becoming a mother.

So, honestly, I do think they guy is entirely in the wrong to double down in the societal pressure instead of supporting his wife. The "being irresponsible" comment is what bothers me the most. It is one thing to make the suggestion of extending the leave because he thought there was no other choice. It is another to directly admonish his wife to wanting to work as being a bad thing.

joined Jul 8, 2021

I really enjoy the extra pages at the end, thank you for providing fun info ^^

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

In Japan,to my knowledge, it is assumed that only the woman hast the duty to take care of children and there is greater pressure for them to just quit their job after becoming a mother.

So, honestly, I do think they guy is entirely in the wrong to double down in the societal pressure instead of supporting his wife. The "being irresponsible" comment is what bothers me the most. It is one thing to make the suggestion of extending the leave because he thought there was no other choice. It is another to directly admonish his wife to wanting to work as being a bad thing.

It may be a bad thing if they can't find daycare for the kid like they said. It can be costly too. Sometimes the best financial decision is to have a stay at home parent, at least while the child is very young and needs daily supervision.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Yep, in Japan women having to take care of children is pretty heavily enforced to this day. It is almost unthinkable for a man to stay at home or cut back while his wife continues to work. The problem is, in the individual case it is often the most reasonable decision to follow this traditional pattern, as women's career advancement is severely limited by corporate culture and similar factors, meaning they often have worse jobs already. Also, career advancement often still requires a ridiculous amount of overtime, frequent relocation and many other things that make it completely incompatible with contributing domestically. These factors combined with learned behaviour mean that women do the vast majority of housework, ironically even in cases where the woman works more or is more successful than the man.

Worse still, social systems etc are not at all set up to support women's return to the workplace. Daycare places are rare, expensive, and often don't even cover the hours of regular full-time work, so even if a family finds a daycare place it often still means that the woman will only work in an irregular (usually part-time) job that pays much less than her husband's job and offers little to no career advancement opportunities. And it needs to be noted that quitting your job and going to a different place is much less common in Japan, particularly not for jobs with actual career prospects. You won't leave work as a female department director with good promotion prospects and then be rehired by a different company in a similar position a couple of years later, as managers are usually promoted rather than brought in from outside.

So TLDR, being a woman in Japan is hard, which is one reason why becoming a mother has become much less popular and many women instead choose to remain childless or even avoid committed heterosexual relationships entirely

joined Jul 26, 2016

It may be a bad thing if they can't find daycare for the kid like they said. It can be costly too. Sometimes the best financial decision is to have a stay at home parent, at least while the child is very young and needs daily supervision.

Near as I'm aware the whole problem is that Japan's parental support systems are antiquated bullshit based on the Hausfrau cancept, ie. finding viable alternatives to one parent - default assumption unsurprisingly being the mother, feel free to count how often those casually appear in animanga - staying at home to look after the kids isn't the easiest thing.

As the whole economic paradigm of lifetime employment and whatnot that made this entire pattern feasible belong to an the era that died before many users of this forum were even born it's no surprise their birthrates are some of the lowest in all of post-industrialized First World as people astonishingly enough might want to do something else with their lives.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Here in Canada, we have various incentives and programs in place to help with work-family conciliation, but even with that there are still quite a few stumbling blocks for career oriented women with kids. As I said earlier, quite a few of my friends had to put their professional goals aside and in most cases ended up dealing with various degrees of depression/self-worth issues because of it . It's just how it is.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 8:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.