Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Ch 18 is so flipping great. Lots of funny reactions and moods, and just the right amount of Roommates for a platonic couple. UGH. Love it.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Oh how relevant. My house (along with most houses in this country) don't have aircon and are designed to keep heat in so summers have been complete hell for several years in a row now.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It feels like they might take a liking to this sleeping together thing after all ;) Also, giving the cute weather girl a cute nickname is something I've 100% done a few times IRL so that had me chuckling pretty hard XP

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 9:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There are people who just aren't morning people, and then there's Kurumi who seriously considers whether death would be preferable.

But looks like going to sleep and waking up together like this works quite wonderfully for them. ^_^

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Omg just make out already! What a wholesome fluffy episode like all of them for this series love it. It's scary how close these two "friends" get along together.

Aa9e23f86f9ec77f426d7d70d3b0769f
joined Nov 6, 2021

It feels like they might take a liking to this sleeping together thing after all ;) Also, giving the cute weather girl a cute nickname is something I've 100% done a few times IRL so that had me chuckling pretty hard XP

May I ask if Ayamin means anything? Just curious xD

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

35/25? Soft
And I've never slept with an air conditioner on.
Although I suppose we do have ceiling fans instead. I don't see that they do.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 10:25AM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

I might get diabetis from this.

also yes, just do it already

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Omg just make out already! What a wholesome fluffy episode like all of them for this series love it. It's scary how close these two "friends" get along together.

Well, they are wife-mates after all

joined Sep 5, 2018

35/25? Soft
And I've never slept with an air conditioner on.

Keep in mind that Tokyo summers are incredibly humid. Even if the temperatures won’t bother you, the humidity will.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I think there's nothing better than a slow but progressive change in a story like this. Change for the "better" of course. Whatever better could it mean in any given context. Some changes are more subtle than others, but regardless it shouldn't be too quick, or it might feel a bit too jarring. Although now that I think about it, it's not really about how often the change happens, rather it should be a constant change, just in small doses. Random thought, really. But it made me realize that all the fluff feels so much more rewarding, more satisfying when this change, while seemingly stretched out, is progressively added on top of everything. A lot of series have nice fluff, and it makes me smile and I enjoy it no problem, but there's something extra about things like this or for example "Miss Sunflower" stuff. I dunno.

I blame the heatwave.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I think there's nothing better than a slow but progressive change in a story like this. Change for the "better" of course. Whatever better could it mean in any given context. Some changes are more subtle than others, but regardless it shouldn't be too quick, or it might feel a bit too jarring. Although now that I think about it, it's not really about how often the change happens, rather it should be a constant change, just in small doses. Random thought, really. But it made me realize that all the fluff feels so much more rewarding, more satisfying when this change, while seemingly stretched out, is progressively added on top of everything. A lot of series have nice fluff, and it makes me smile and I enjoy it no problem, but there's something extra about things like this or for example "Miss Sunflower" stuff. I dunno.

I blame the heatwave.

I feel like it’s so hard to pin down what makes for a good slow burn. There are a bunch of elements that contribute to the pacing and the balance between progress and the status quo. I do know that this story is really nailing it for me in spite of my impatience for them to kiss lol

Also, I have my Pinecone completely maxed out. What a good bird :)

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

May I ask if Ayamin means anything? Just curious xD

Just a cute spin on ''Aya'', which I assume is the weather lady's first name.

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

Really loved this chapter. The highlight for me was when Kurumi was able to fall asleep after thinking about how things around her were just in the "right place". That would give anyone peace of mind--hence, she was able to fall asleep early!

I like the pacing and progression so far. Wholesome and fluffy but to an extent that makes sense for the story so far.

Nweird
joined May 29, 2022

I sense a hopeful development from this one, they will definitely have a hard time going back to sleeping separately.
Classic roommate stuff. People might say they appreciate a good slowburn or whatever, but there is only so much undertones my coffee can take, I hope things "heat up" from here on out.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I feel like it’s so hard to pin down what makes for a good slow burn. There are a bunch of elements that contribute to the pacing and the balance between progress and the status quo. I do know that this story is really nailing it for me in spite of my impatience for them to kiss lol

Also, I have my Pinecone completely maxed out. What a good bird :)

There are just a lot of stories where nice things happen and the story itself progresses but there are either no changes for the characters or the opposite happens the characters have such a sudden shift in certain parts, that it doesn't feel like the character is growing. Like it's not evolution, it's revolution. I mentioned "Miss Sunflower" and it's done in a very fluid way over there. Like it takes re-reading the series to really notice and fully appreciate how things changed for everyone. Here, while it's a bit more gradual, like taking steps, the steps themselves are so small it doesn't feel like the character(s) are leaping.

And yes, Cutecone is best birb. While I have her e2 I do wish I had more mats to spare to at least get her s1m3, alas Pinus Sylvestris happened and I had to take care of all those little knights

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Loved her describing all the sounds as she drifted to sleep, very soft and endearing.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Eventually climate change will kill us all.
Cute chapter though.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Always makes me smile, even if it were just about sleep talking.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Unrelated thought, but I'd really like if this manga pulled a Horimiya and just kept going after the romantic tension gets resolved.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

sleeping together? that's some development right there

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Okay is it a manga thing to sleep in clothes or is it a Japanese thing?

joined Mar 21, 2017

As opposed to naked?

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 7:07PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

neither really. like my dad sleeps in a sleeveless shirt and pants all year round, and I sleep in the same attire for much of the year (pajamas in the coldest weeks of winter and pants only for the hottest months of summer being the exceptions). idk if your question is like a "why don't they sleep in pajamas or nightgowns?" kinda thing or a "why aren't they sleeping naked?" kinda thing. Like, common sense implies the former, but semanticological technicalities imply the latter.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The infamous manga butt blanket. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trying_out_marriage_with_my_female_friend_ch18#17

As for nightclothes, Ruriko's looks like normal pajamas. Kurumi looks more like she's in a T-shirt and sweatpants, which still isn't particularly unusual.

To reply you must either login or sign up.