Forum › Posts by random

random
Image Comments 26 Oct 03:43
joined Jul 26, 2016
Fbsegizvuaa98ij-orig

^bold of you to assume artists and writers are able and willing to actually think of such details as the metabolic thermoregulation of their creations, as opposed to just going with the most obvious thoughtless stereotypes

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a fascinating philosophy... too bad I don't buy it as anything other than hot air... Then again, maybe she was just trying to distract sempai while she stripped?

They're the same age ya know. Not that Miku wasn't the sort to concot elaborate bullshit for le shitz und giggles ofc...

random
SHY discussion 25 Oct 02:13
joined Jul 26, 2016

and the comic seems to run off magical girl identity logic, so having the exact same face won't tip anybody off.

I mean tbf for around a century now Superman has gotten away with nothing more ambitious than a change of clothes and some dorky glasses...

random
Arknights! 24 Oct 11:37
joined Jul 26, 2016

Speaking of, just yesterday I finally got THE THROBBING HEART OF HOTNESSThermal-EX to max pot. Now all I need is one more Lancet dupe and Zumama's haremall the toasters will be maxed out ' ω')v

random
Arknights! 24 Oct 10:16
joined Jul 26, 2016

Doctor is voiced! Sounds female too!

"No John, you are the waifus"

random
Arknights! 24 Oct 09:57
joined Jul 26, 2016

So I watched Kyo's translation of the anniversary stream. Main points:
- roguelite gets new season
- new robutt is Sniper, for gr8 justice
- Nearl Alter takes off the training weights and goes SSJ (tr00damageknights intensifies)
- Flametail is grossly OP, makes Texas cry and Siege start drinking
- never mind any of that cuz ROSA AND MYRTLE GET SKINS :O

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 10:14AM

random
Arknights! 24 Oct 07:57
joined Jul 26, 2016

...mind you in my SV-8 farm setup I just have Flint punch them dead then activate her S2 so The First walks by into Mon3tr range. :P
They have dummy thicc HP but their def is garbo so fast light attacks shred them.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 7:58AM

random
Arknights! 24 Oct 07:50
joined Jul 26, 2016

random posted:

They incidentally don't do it when they're stunned so roll out your Manticore/Ash/Eunectes S2s and suchlike if necessary...

Lol. Good to know. I didn't even consider they'd not use their ability when stunned. I dealt with them old-fashioned way. Killing them out of range or bursting them.

Learned it half by accident. Ecko or Kyo mentioned in their SV-6 guide the alternative of using a Sniper with high burst, like Exu or Ash, to deal with those buggers and I was like "hey Ash's stun means I don't need to reserve a slot for a blocker right?" Then I noticed she wasn't taking the expected damage despite being within the AoE...

I'm really impressed and glad. Kitajima Mizuki did a a great job doing a impression of Kayano Ai's Platinum voice. Her battle quotes sounds almost identical.

Ya, not bad job filling those big boots esp given that she's a newbie if I understood correctly. Her pitch is sufficiently higher to be noticeable but she nailed Plat's "sarcastic jaded student who's been through too many shitty temp jobs" tone well.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how Kyouko is now so inured to Miku's antics she barely even reacts to that impromptu strip show lmao

random
Image Comments 24 Oct 02:31
joined Jul 26, 2016
Fcjwv2kvkaqxiwe-orig%20(1)

^West Taiwan pettiness at its finest

random
SHY discussion 24 Oct 01:07
joined Jul 26, 2016

this town has some pretty wild random encounter tables

random
Arknights! 23 Oct 11:55
joined Jul 26, 2016

However, I was barely figuring out the sanity thing lol especially the one non-attacking enemy.

The rock-crab thingies? They just release AoE Arts and SAN wave at certain HP thresholds. They incidentally don't do it when they're stunned so roll out your Manticore/Ash/Eunectes S2s and suchlike if necessary...

random
Image Comments 22 Oct 23:36
joined Jul 26, 2016
Fa8vpa8xmauptmp-orig

^underWHAT now?

joined Jul 26, 2016

lmao @ Minato's recurring shock and alarm at this new considerate Shino

random
Arknights! 22 Oct 01:39
joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh yeah and the boss battle theme is amazing.

random
Arknights! 22 Oct 01:33
joined Jul 26, 2016

-- Eunectes is a very easy pick. Nice timing, since we got her hot skin.

"Well, look what we have here! Your body's pretty well built!"
- Gavial

...no way in Hell that doesn't count as a pick-up line among the Acahualla. ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

Anyway, pretty interesting and very "Arknights" take on Shadow Over Innsmouth this sidestory. Finally explains some puzzling things about just what the heck Aegir actually is and some more aspects of this world's peculiar geography. Starting to sound more and more like the planet might be in a supercontinent phase tbh with the "known world" more or less "boxed in" - the frigid north and hot south too hostile for human(-like) life and the ocean to the west full of Chthulhu. The distant East is still a bit of a question mark tho. It could then be idly speculated that there's a similarly habitable zone in the southern hemisphere past the equatorial hotlands (assuming the landmass extends that far), but establishing any kind of contact is probably a no-go until both regions invent the equivalent of shortwave radio or somesuch...

Also Anita is totally mad gay for Skadi isn't she. And The First To Speak is pretty amiable for a bizarro eldritch sea-monster thing running on Blue And Orange Morality and some kinda low-order hivemind to boot by the sounds of it, while Lucid Specter is... actually kinda scarier than the usual crazy one.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 1:34AM

random
Arknights! 21 Oct 16:31
joined Jul 26, 2016

~80 pulls, p2 Kal and still no Skalter. Also Giant Samurai Crab is now p4 but be strange if she wasn't, really.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don’t see the appeal in the MC

I think that's supposed to be the point. She isn't supposed to be super attractive, she's just supposed to be some random, average girl who all these ladies just can't help but fall in love with. Thats why she's so confused and has no dating experience.

Does she give off some special pheromones or something?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh this is good. Suffer and Baiser have always been the two with the worst "comunication" between them, but I feel like that's about to change.

Well, depends on how you define it. They rather seemed to enjoy going all out at each other...
If I were to guess where Baiser resonates with Azul's masochistic side with Sulfur it's the mutual thrill-seeking adrenaline rush of serious combat instead. Her reaction here kinda reads like "that's my Sulfur, defiant to the end *sniff*" too.

I'm getting the vibe she doesn't quite know what to do with Magenta tho. She's never really developed the same kind of intense relationship with and interest in her as with the other two - though Korisu seems to have started picking up the slack there lately (poor Mags...).

random
Arknights! 19 Oct 23:03
joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, we're due the anniversary event in like a day or so which comes with a ton of free shit so if you wanna give it a shot now's a good time.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I may have noted this before but Utena gets off a little too much on Kaoruko's persistent efforts to outright murder her... What a thrill~ combined with the usual teenager failure to grasp your own mortality I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, it's magical girls giving their best. It's exactly what Utena lives for.

Magical Girls don't normally opt for lethal force as the default first-choice method for dealing with villains ya know... Utena seems to have something of a dangerous fascination with Kaoruko's convention-bucking straight-for-the-jugular Heroic Sociopath approach and definitely gets a huge rush out of putting her life on the line against her. (That Bitch In Sheep's Clothing aspect probably also resonates with her own duality issues.)

Probably part of why she's so stoked about managing to push her into a Super Saiyajin level upgrade as given the pretty rapid evolution Baiser's undegone lately Sulfur has definitely gotten rather powercrept - and it's just not the same without the thrill of real mortal danger, is it?

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

This is a modern setting?

And they're out in the city? I thought they said the girl never left her family estate?

You might have noticed pretty much every pair is different people in different contexts.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I may have noted this before but Utena gets off a little too much on Kaoruko's persistent efforts to outright murder her... What a thrill~ combined with the usual teenager failure to grasp your own mortality I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

random
Image Comments 18 Oct 01:29
joined Jul 26, 2016
93409658_p0

^10/10 Mindbreak H-doujin logic there .-.

last edited at Oct 18, 2021 1:29AM

random
Image Comments 17 Oct 16:27
joined Jul 26, 2016
Ew2q0dbvoacyukn-orig

Probably worth noting that Schwarz's bio gives her "Combat Experience" as 20 years and she specifically mentions having been a "child assassin"... so if she's a bit 'off' at times she's got a pretty solid Freudian Excuse.