Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Aww, I was hoping we’d actually get to see some of the play, darn.

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

Yeah I was confused about this as well. I think I've been spoiled on some developments way down the line, so I thought there was a ton more novel content left.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

I'm seeing some confusion over the story arc's unfinished status, so please see what I wrote for chapter 23 - that's still applicable. Chise went back and inserted a couple of new chapters and a new story arc (regarding the date and the play) in between what was her chapters 18 and 19. (The newest chapter in terms of sequential number is chapter 262, so yes, there's a lot more left)

Thanks for the explanation!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

There's no way it will be an order to reject Elsa. It's almost definitely an order to [blind prediction] give her a kiss, or something similar. The last couple of orders were more naughty than harmful after all.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Strange. So strange.
Keep thinking, neutron star girl. Maybe you'll figure out something.

I have complete faith in her... capacity to ignore the most obvious conclusion.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Elsa: "Ahem. Evie, I bought you a present! I present to you... CHEKHOV'S KNIFE!"

Lol, right on.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There's no way it will be an order to reject Elsa. It's almost definitely an order to [blind prediction] give her a kiss, or something similar. The last couple of orders were more naughty than harmful after all.

I don't think you need spoiler tags for guesses but eh.

Since this is a side chapter insert to the original story, it's definitely not going to be anything of major consequence, so I'm going with "It says to cut her with the knife" as somebody else suggested, and she gets around it by doing a finger-prick blood-sister oath or something.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

the villainess system is the worst third wheel out there.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 4:36PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

My guesses about the choices are to either stab her with the knife, or throw her present away.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Since this is a side chapter insert to the original story, it's definitely not going to be anything of major consequence, so I'm going with "It says to cut her with the knife" as somebody else suggested, and she gets around it by doing a finger-prick blood-sister oath or something.

And if this does happen Evie will then put Elsa's finger inside her mouth to lick the blood off making Elsa faint in happiness

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 5:27PM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

And if this does happen Evie will then put Elsa's finger inside her mouth to lick the blood off making Elsa faint in happiness

YESSSS THE KINKY FINGER LICKING GOOD TROPE!!!!!

joined Nov 22, 2019

Aww, I was hoping we’d actually get to see some of the play, darn.

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Yeah I was confused about this as well. I think I've been spoiled on some developments way down the line, so I thought there was a ton more novel content left.

I'm seeing some confusion over the story arc's unfinished status, so please see what I wrote for chapter 23 - that's still applicable. Chise went back and inserted a couple of new chapters and a new story arc (regarding the date and the play) in between what was her chapters 18 and 19. (The newest chapter in terms of sequential number is chapter 262, so yes, there's a lot more left)

What is the average translation from web novel chapter to manga chapter? Like, does one chapter of the manga cover roughly one chapter of the light novel?

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Loving that a yuri novel was popular enough to get basically a Broadway adaptation and that tons of clearly straight characters are going out of their way to watch it

joined Jan 14, 2020

Loving that a yuri novel was popular enough to get basically a Broadway adaptation and that tons of clearly straight characters are going out of their way to watch it

Plus one character who thinks she's straight and that Elsa's love interest has to be male...

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Hasn't she been in this universe for years? That's a lot of preconditioning, insecurity and suffering (like, from loneliness for example. she has mentioned that a lot of times). "Evie 'the neutron star'" isn't right, I think. There is real fear that the system could do something very bad, like bring death (and I think she said that in an earlier chapter?).

She's probably been and thought through this stuff so much that is has become habit, and sometimes a defense mechanism. I think she is at least slightly messed up. At some point, I think she half-heartedly adopted a new mindset that has some of the game's logic, to keep some of her sanity. And, fortunately, I think that mindset is now slowly falling away for something better.

We are also not getting the full story from a god-like narrator, but from the characters themselves. There is a lot more to learn, and we will learn as the characters do. Especially of themselves.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 1:11AM

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022
Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Calling it now, next chapter will reveal the order to be to deliver a smooch onto elsa

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What is the average translation from web novel chapter to manga chapter? Like, does one chapter of the manga cover roughly one chapter of the light novel?

Ch27 of the manhua corresponds to twenty chapters of the webnovel. So almost 1:1 on the whole. So far technically 1.25 to 1.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 2:43AM

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

So do all the "Villainess System is best wingman" people not remember the very first thing we saw it do? Y'know, trying to railroad Yvonne into murder?

Don't forget it can take away the harmless option whenever it wants...

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 2:59AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

So do all the "Villainess System is best wingman" people not remember the very first thing we saw it do? Y'know, trying to railroad Yvonne into murder?

Don't forget it can take away the harmless option whenever it wants...

Liiiiiiiisten, that was months ago!, I'm sure the system has changed and is rooting for their relationship!.. Unless the next chapter proves me wrong..

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

I'm more partial to the idea that the system sorta tries to fulfill elsa's wishes in the worst ways possible
The mare at the beginning amplifies negative emotions or smthn like that,based on a quick reread of ch1, meaning somewhere in her heart she did want to jump, so the villainess system fulfilled that wish with either directly or indirectly killing her

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

N-no... don't be a meanie, knife-kun.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Elsa got DDLC'd lmaoo

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Looks ominous, but I appreciate Evie trying to be more honest with her feelings

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

no no no no I'm so sick of the villain algorithm or whatever don't make her do mean shit uuu

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Don't. That knife was not meant for hurting people. PLEASE do not.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Don't. That knife was not meant for hurting people. PLEASE do not.

Have more faith in the author's stated vision, me lad.

To reply you must either login or sign up.