Forum › Posts by axelmania

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

My question is whether or not Choroko is really a fujoshi in the show.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

The real warlords this is based on sent gifts to each other and had a deep respect for each other above other rivals. Then when one died the other mourned him. You can look this all up online. Anyway when I saw this on Bookwalker I was expecting sukeban gang warfare and I'm a bit disappointed that this is so plotless, at least so far.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

Lol at "boku girl boyish-chan" not being tagged tomboy. Big cultural difference in perceptions on display here I guess.

last edited at Oct 15, 2023 2:48PM

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

I couldn't find this romantic at all. Devoting all of your energy to obtain literal seconds of contact at a door frame with a stranger sure is a perfect metaphor for parasocial relationships.

joined Apr 21, 2020

The extreme abruptness is what's supposed to be funny. Made me laugh, anyway.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

I want to go to Girl Land...

joined Apr 21, 2020

Honestly I'm mostly here because I saw the artist post old woman yuri.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

So grateful to Yuri Project for working on this series!

joined Apr 21, 2020

This manga definitely reads to me as an asexual person imagining their idealized relationship where the person you love wants to prioritize you in most things but has no expectation of sexuality. And the author's other manga explicitly running along those same lines confirms it for me. I'm really loving how much casual teasing and thinking about how to make the other person happy we're seeing from them in these newer chapters.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 11:59PM

joined Apr 21, 2020

This dynamic is so good!!!!

joined Apr 21, 2020

Normally I don't really get the appeal of 4koma, but this is cute, and the translation is so good. I'm looking forward to the pranks becoming flirting.

joined Apr 21, 2020

I love how this asks the question of whether female friends who joke about being in a relationship really have feelings for each other and answers yes

last edited at Nov 22, 2022 6:21PM

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

Ive been in an angsty mood recently. Any1 got some recommendations for some oneshots or short series with drama/angst but a happy ending ?(and i dont mean like bittersweet, i mean a proper happy ending)

This is kind of my favorite thing, so I can find a lot of examples. For a variety of different works on this website there's Your Warmth, Water Depth, I Want to Lock You Up, Kusari wa mou Iranai, I Won't Say I Love You Anymore, The Distance of Love... a real weird one that still perfectly fits your wish is The Amazing Magic Only You Possess.

joined Apr 21, 2020

As much as I admire the author centering the whole manga around their ear cleaning fetish, I sure do not share that fetish. I wish they were just having sex after all! The plausibly deniable cheating here is so strange and interesting. They definitely were both getting off on it without telling each other, and thus they can pretend it's just an intimate friendship while feeling guilty deep down.

joined Apr 21, 2020

I'm not sure how to feel about this yet. I feel like it will definitely have an ending where they convince each other to choose life and start dating. But I hope it gets more fucked up than that...

joined Apr 21, 2020

So excited to see this on Dynasty!!

axelmania
Sabotage discussion 15 Jul 01:07
joined Apr 21, 2020

What a cute art style. I wish there was more manga on here by this artist.

joined Apr 21, 2020

Oh how nice indeed, any more recommendations on shoujo style yuri anybody???

Yuri Espoir!!

joined Apr 21, 2020

TIL a "cotton anniversary" means a second anniversary for married couples, because the traditional gift is cotton. Thus the "cotton wedding" invitation to celebrate the second volume, probably.

joined Apr 21, 2020

Loving that a yuri novel was popular enough to get basically a Broadway adaptation and that tons of clearly straight characters are going out of their way to watch it

joined Apr 21, 2020

This is my favorite April Fools joke I've seen this year. It's fun seeing the same things my friends and I worry about when we translate. Also, as much as I normally dislike student/teacher type age gap stories, the story and art were cute. It helps a lot that the teacher is actually just a maladjusted college student. I also really liked the depiction of finding someone's passionate fandom attractive, it's almost too realistic to usually come up in yuri.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

For a while I've been biased against older yuri. It just seems consistently worse, less serious and certainly less in touch with lesbian themes. Akiko Morishima is completely the exception. I'm posting here to recommend specifically her Office Romance series, which is 10/10 for me every single chapter. While her works about teenagers are good, this is one is incredibly timeless and sweet, and it features luxurious wedding dress symbolism.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

is please leave my house on dynasty or under an untranslated name? i can't find it in the directory

It's not available here, but you can read it on mangadex.

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

Love triangle was nice and all, but the Tower of Babel reference was what really elevated this for me. That's two for two stories from this anthology so far that've referenced scripture in a hilariously overdramatic way. Basic bitches go to drama school, but real theatre kids attend Catholic all-girls academies. Yeah, the lesbian thing's all well and good, but the primary draw is getting to say shit like, "Onee-sama, I've Immaculately Conceived this omelette for you" while everyone applauds. This is the Class S we need.

+1

Waiting for a girl to angstily say she's an abandoned sacrificial lamb, that would be really funny especially if they extended the metaphor

axelmania
joined Apr 21, 2020

It feels like it should be frowned upon to come to your sworn homoerotic sister for love advice about someone else. Not that I'm objecting to it, angst is so much fun.