Forum › Posts by riverFlower

riverFlower
Image Comments 27 Nov 23:26
joined Jan 19, 2017
85918476_p0

Steam is completely irrelevant. Even when Steam was around, Zun was actively against publishing his works on it until very recently. It's not really a primary vehicle for Japanese self-started games either from what I know and Touhou 16 being published on Steam was for the benefit of Western audiences and completely unnecessary in terms of spreading the word.

Just to comment cause I don't think it becoming a success "before Steam was a thing" is the most impressive thing related to that, but rather that Touhou never needed to depend on formalized distribution platforms.

Also those dumb bows are the defining characteristics of all Touhou characters. Can't have a Touhou character without a hat or bow.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

No more Yakumi Sarai translations, noo!! Damn, I need to check if other Touhou translators will step in or not.

Regardless, thank you to Gaku Gaku Animal Land for everything you have done, if any of the members ever check here. As a Touhou fan who was not heavily involved with the community but enjoyed the doujins, I really loved the selections you chose to translate and appreciate the work everyone put in. Thank you.

riverFlower
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:50
joined Jan 19, 2017
85048503_p3

This ship is no longer my top Nanaka ship, but the art is gorgeous. Beautiful lining, color composition, and patterns/design. I think the artist even engraved Akira's name on her soul gem ring, like they all canonically have, which is even more attention to detail that I appreciate.

riverFlower
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:48
joined Jan 19, 2017
85419929_p2

Best thing about this is Paimon and the panda sleeping together.

riverFlower
Image Comments 08 Nov 01:41
joined Jan 19, 2017
26492828_p0

Eh. Some times characters and people can just be simple. And maybe that's what Yuna wants. Ano also reads as someone who is meant to observe rather than participate. Her fascination with yuri as fiction being more interesting than real relationships speaks to that, as well as her ability to see ghosts yet never try to interact with them.

I would have liked for Hina to get slightly more character and less of the little sister vibes, but I wouldn't see Yuna and Ano being together as making sense. Yuna appears to be someone who would rather have less drama or emotional conflict in her own life, which someone whose own anxieties serve as a foil to her own would not immediately provide.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 1:47AM

riverFlower
Arknights! 01 Nov 03:36
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sorry for double post but something epic just got datamined. Ingame animation (I assume by Yostar studios) of Amiya conjuring her own Chi Xiao

Huh. This almost makes me want to play Arknights again. I like Amiya and it's nice to see her getting an awesome moment like that.

joined Jan 19, 2017

Some people were doing the file save at the very last minute, amusingly.

Gallery mode is now accessible even with wifi on, for me at least. It was previously unavailable unless I put on airplane mode. What garbage, I'm tempted to say, but it's clear they did have to rework stuff. Who knows why. If I'm being charitable, it's possible there were issues with keeping all of the original assets, font, etc. on player side. If I'm being not charitable, this is total garbage and they could have just given us the actual archive.

Anyway, because I'm too sentimental, I'm still tempted to keep the app since I have the storage space. Maybe one day when I have no attachment to it anymore, I'll delete it then.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

This depiction of Akyuu hurts, as it plays with the established knowledge of how she always remembers everything. It gives her a much more human side, for her to suppress those things she doesn't want to know.

Akyuu will live for sure. But whatever is ailing her won't be healed until she meets her twin/relative.

It's also sweet to see responsible Reimu, who immediately took action upon hearing Akyuu went missing.

riverFlower
Image Comments 27 Oct 15:10
joined Jan 19, 2017
Unime_seaflower_85070130_p0

The symbols on her hat also change, from normal to !!! to a different "face". Wonder if that's canon but cute either way.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

Holy shit, this was some top tier progress. Can't believe Koguma got into bed with Hino.

riverFlower
Dynasty Scans Logo 24 Oct 18:32
joined Jan 19, 2017

riverFlower posted:

Why was that used as the tab icon? Seems random.

2 girls kissing? Seems fitting for me.

Well, I mean there's plenty of pictures of two girls kissing, even of two chibi girls, so just wondering why that art specifically was chosen.

riverFlower
Dynasty Scans Logo 23 Oct 23:29
joined Jan 19, 2017

Why was that used as the tab icon? Seems random.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

Still pretty cringe, but not as bad as I thought it would be because they at least kept their older minds. I couldn't stand the sex scenes though so skipped all of those.

joined Jan 19, 2017

Final week countdown begins, technically starts tomorrow but whatever. I'm ready for NA to be laid to rest. Moving on to JP and CN has helped a lot with that, and it is also somewhat infuriating just how bare bones and incompetent gallery mode is.

NA has still brought me lots of good memories, including on here, so I'm grateful for it of course. But I'm probably going to need that storage space it's taking up lol.

Got a few new, last-minute magical girls from the daily 10x tickets, and I'm stupidly also trying to bring them up to episode lvl 5. Because of lack of time, I'm sure I'll have to focus on recording the things I enjoyed most soon instead of doing that.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

This story... was so lovely. It's exactly how I imagine Remilia and Sakuya to be. So many great lines, especially the ones regarding which name she would choose. I've got nothing else to say really except that I loved every page.

joined Jan 19, 2017

Regardless;

@riverFlower
So, I've watched what Main Story videos Muffin had released thus far, so what do you suggest next? Since I'm planning to stick to Muffin for now should I go to Another Story before watching each meguca's Side Stories?

Hmm. I would suggest watching Another Story whenever, but before you watch chapter 8, I would recommend watching the side stories for quite a few magical girls as well as a few events.

I'll list out the MSS I think would make chapter 8 more enjoyable. They're sort of ordered in importance, though I mostly just chose the ones that first came to mind: Rika + Ren (in this order), Felicia, Kokoro + Masara (in this order), Shizuku + Ayaka, Sana, Mitama, Mifuyu, Tsukasa or Tsukuyo, Tsuruno

Events: Breakpoint (very important for main story context), A Diary to Write With You (for Rika + Ren content), And So The Azaleas Bloom (this one isn't as essential cause it's so long, a summary should suffice for understanding Hazuki, Konoha, and Ayame), Reaching a New Best Day (for Kokoro + Masara content), Mitama's Special Training - Iroha & Yachiyo, Voices From Beyond

riverFlower
Genshin Impact! 11 Oct 00:46
joined Jan 19, 2017

Funnily enough, same thing happened with people who wanted to ship Diluc and Kaeya cause they're actually step brothers

Same. When Diluc made his entrance, I was like “oh they seem to have some history, must be good ship material." Barely ten minutes of playing later, I find out they're brothers from a profile description. Noping out of that one.

riverFlower
Genshin Impact! 07 Oct 15:40
joined Jan 19, 2017

So how much of this game can you 'solo'?

This is basically a single-player game. Coop is completely optional, and that's how I'm playing it.

riverFlower
Arknights! 06 Oct 15:40
joined Jan 19, 2017

When is anniversary?

riverFlower
Genshin Impact! 06 Oct 03:21
joined Jan 19, 2017

Supposedly this game has already made 50 million. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this.

How, I don't understand. There isn't any part of the gacha aspect that I would want to spend money on.

riverFlower
Arknights! 04 Oct 04:05
joined Jan 19, 2017

To anyone who can understand these numbers: 331168

There is now a yuri doujin (in Chinese) featuring Gavial and fem OC Doctor. Sad it's not Tomimi but any Arknights yuri doujin is a rare blessing.

Oh my god, the first words in this manga are from the doctor asking Gavial to "Please have sex with me. I can raise your salary." When Gavial asks how much on the second page, doctor says "It depends on the situation/[results]."

There's no real story besides that, but it is surprisingly wholesome. Protection in a hentai work? Amazing.

Skimmed through the author's afterword. Can confirm the doctor is a direct self-insert from that. She wanted to draw the doctor/herself being on top but it still turned into Gavial topping.

riverFlower
Genshin Impact! 30 Sep 14:53
joined Jan 19, 2017

It doesn't really feel like a gacha game. It's like Another Eden in that it's single-player with gacha elements for some reason. But it's easier than Another Eden, so gacha isn't really needed for game progression. I do wonder what new things they'll add eventually to motivate spending.

They basically combined BotW, some Skyrim aspects, RPG leveling up mechanics, and anime. It's an interesting mix. But fun, so I hope it sticks around for a while.

riverFlower
Image Comments 28 Sep 23:48
joined Jan 19, 2017
Dr93vjfu8aavqi--orig

I haven't seen them in so long, this is wonderful.

riverFlower
joined Jan 19, 2017

Attempt 3? What happened to the first two attempts?

Don't know if I'd be able to commit to seven hour at a time sessions, but I would be interested. Exalted sounds very appealing to me, and that would be my top choice. VtM is good too. Don't have experience with either, but shouldn't be hard to learn.

joined Jan 19, 2017

I wrote the first draft of a fanfic chapter. It is unpolished but I'm just happy I've written anything mildly complete.

The story is mostly introspective, not very action-heavy, and it's about how Iroha deals with her feelings for Yachiyo. Spoilers: Iroha's not very good at telling people what she thinks.

Link is here and I am actively looking for feedback on it! Doc allows comments to be made and of course I'll also read anything here. When I progress the story a few more chapters and have made edits, I'll start posting it on AO3 then.

As for actual game-related news, I do sort of miss NA tempo. XD But JP's significantly more relaxed speed and relative lack of pots does mean there's time to do other things now. Have also continued leveling up episodes for all of my units. Am very close to letting them all reach episode lvl 5.