Forum › Posts by KasexYamada

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

"Workplace romance is forbidden"

That, or Kei is treated like some kind of idol by her clients, hence why is not "allowed" to spend time with women who aren't paying for it.

Oh I think you're def onto something here. I was trying to figure myself why that photo would be a problem, but I couldn't think of no reason at all.

If Kei's shtick is letting the customers believe that they have a chance to capture her heart and have a serious romance with her, then the sudden reveal that "she's dating another girl from the brothel" would start a shitstorm all right.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

She is not deluded or self-pitiful. She gives her best to fit, but world rejects her (a hole in education between her real age and her "new" age)

I did not see such cruelty and mercilessness for a long time.

Any 14-years-old kid who gets isekai'ed and must fight scores of monsters to survive has it a hundred times worse than Aya.

She already got interogated by the police. So the authorities accept her story.

Dude. Did you even read the manga?

KasexYamada
Anime season 24 Jan 02:10
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Angel Dust in a nutshell:

Angel, don't be so hard on yourself!

@}-->---

How to write an apology letter:

I love the little doodles of a sad Charlie alone and a happy Charlie when she's chummy with Angel.

@}-->---

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 2:13AM

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

ZORRA-CHAN!!!!!!!
Nobody expected her but she's arrived!
I can't believe Tracy Hu just decided to drop this bomb on us. If there's a yuri work I was certain would never include a Zorra-chan in its cast, it was this one. And look now.

Yuri writers just love the "ex who returns" subplot to tiny little bits. XDD

Ah icydgi "Zorra-chan" is the generic name Spanish-speaking fans of yuri use for the character of the "ex who returns" in yuri manga. It's such a common trope, there's even a meme where you just have to paste the face of the ex-gf character on a template with a dialogue bubble that reads: 'Hello bitches! Here I am to sink the lead ship and bring conflict and drama to the story! You know you want it!'

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I wonder if Kamejiro had watched "La Llamada" — in English it's "Holy Camp!" iirc — a musical comedy movie from Spain with a lesbian plot. Susana, the fmc in that movie, falls in love with a nun played by Belén Cuesta; and Sister Sara in the first chapters of the Twitter version looks amazingly like her.

You could also say that Natalia looks like Susana... but really that's just because they're both blondes with shorter hair than their love interests.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I just noticed this has a tag saying "non-moe art". While that is certainly technically true, this is a unique art style that doesn't use typical anime "moe" conventions . . . at the same time, oh my god they are so CUTE.

The beauty of Tracy Hu's art is breathtaking and absolutely unique. Just like you say, moeblob art doesn't have the monopoly of cuteness.

I enjoy how it really feels like they're "fumbling" through their relationship, while trying to figure out where it's going one day at a time. They're not really sure where the relationship is going to go, how they're going to get there, but they are gradually opening up to each other more and more.

But they do know! Xingyuan's father's threats are like a sword of Damocles hanging over their heads, and in a few weeks Xingyuan will have to leave and all that will remain of their time together is a bittersweet memory. So far, nobody has said anything about rebelling; they both admit that, if something happens between them, it'll be just a summer fling—and by the time the cicadas and the crickets are gone, it'll be gone too.

Mind you, a plot twist may still happen. Of course. ^_~

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

What will happen to her? How is Makino gonna end up after this??

Jajajaja nmms esto no a va a pasar jamás por muchos desastres que haya hecho Makino y por muy cabreada que esté Mashiro.
Makino va a encontrar alguna forma hazañosa de hacerse perdonar y a huevo triunfará el mal! XD

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Looking back, Hibiki is the second biggest flirt in the manga (after vamp Kaoru). So far she's had episodes with Kaoru, Kanae, Midori and Nao, to say nothing of a boy or two. And we still don't know where's her endgame!

Ok, now that the crazies have been forced to shut up and we can continue our normal conversations, I'll bite and ask the question: what's this about Hibiki and Kanae? I checked and there are no chapters tagged for them, neither Hibiki x Kanae nor Kanae x Hibiki.

There's really not alot, but this one scene comes to mind:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch222#12

Aahh that was a really good chapter, wasn't it? Hibiki crushing on a boy (yet another boy!!) and asking everyone who's close to her for advice. And everyone is like "I'm a lezzie ffs what do I know about boys?" XDD

I won't be surprised if at the end of the manga Kishi Torajirou decides to leave Hibiki unyurified as the token straight in the group.

Anyway the scene's from chapter 222. But I recall something from way way before. Vaguely, very vaguely. I can't pinpoint the exact chapter. But it was before Haruka's first appearance, and before we knew about Hibiki's hetero penchants. It's a scene where Kanae observes how the other girls are all paired in loving couples and realizes that she's the only one with no love interest, and kinda gets the blues from that; but then she has some interactions with Hibiki and starts thinking that maybe Hibiki loves her, and she likes that idea! And she gets lost in fantasies about her and Hibiki, feeling romantic. And then she leaves the school, because classes are over, and... surprise! She sees Hibiki with her boyfriend, walking down the street, lovey-dovey and touchy-feely.

And Kanae ends up depressed and feeling like a fool.

As I said before, what I remember is vague and details may be wrong, but I know Kanae thought Hibiki liked her and got into the idea of yuri with Hibiki before the big final disappointment.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 3:08AM

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

... next chapter: beating the crap out of her.

Domestic violence is bad.

Nonono you don't get it: Harukaze likes it when her partner beats her up!

It wouldn't be DV, it would be like a sort of BDSM game.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

If we go by Japanese myth, ghosts can fuck all right. They'll come out of their graves at night, pick you up, take you someplace private and bang your brains out! And if you both liked it, you can keep seeing each other! Wheee!

Of course one morning the city guard will find in a ditch, on some random street, your dead body hugging a skull and some old bones. Oh well -- nobody's perfect, as Joe E. Brown said.

I always thought "Daphne" would have no choice but to marry him after that reply. I mean, Osgood Fielding demolished "her" in that discussion—and after the last reply, "she" was left speechless and with no arguments left!

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I'll take that bet, since Ayaka already said she doesn't like Risa to her face, after Risa confessed.

....... "Doesn't like?"
You only like the people you want to fuck rn?
I'll take in that case that you don't like your father, you don't like your mother, you don't like your brothers and you don't like your sisters.

Well, either that or your family life is Taiyaki-level of interesting.

Man I read through the thread and if you even had a semblance of context, you would realise that "like" here was in a romantic sense.

I remember a guy, he once wrote that a certain girl from a certain manga, if she turned real, could seduce any man in the real world. Any man. They would all be powerless to resist her and simply had no chance against her. This made a lot of people very angry. Questions were asked: "What about married men, would they forget their love and break their commitment? What about gay men, would she convert them? Was this girl the cure for homosexuality? What about celibates by choice? What about Catholic priests? What about...?" The guy replied in a huff that when he said "all men in the world would" he of course meant "all men except those who wouldn't" and we were all stupid for not reading his mind and getting that. After several comparable gaffes, always blaming others for his mistakes, he was banned from the forum.

Write clearly. Reread before posting. Mind ambiguity. Remember implied is not the same as stated and context is not the same as text. Don't expect other people to intuit your meanings. Say exactly what you want to say, in no uncertain terms; no more, no less. And if you fail, accept your responsibility; don't throw the blame onto others.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Nanase: worst gf ever, or at least a close runner-up.

The girl she's dating asks her for simple things (spend more time together, pay more attention to her, have more sexytime) and she doesn't give her anything. Some things she promises after much nagging, but then she doesn't keep her word. Oh but she expects that her demands be satisfied! "Come root for me at Osaka!" Doesn't she know how expensive that is for a teen?

And she didn't even make some free time to be together after the match. They could have gone to a love hotel, since nobody knows them in Osaka! Actually, after dating for half a year, did they have sex at least once? Honest question. I honestly can't remember.

^That last question, I realize just now that I have no idea either. Nanase and Yuni have been together for a long time, right? So, do they f*ck? Anyone can recall if we ever saw them having sex? Because really if Nanase hasn't any interest in sex with girls (or at least zero interest in Yuni's body) then this relationship has much deeper problems than Fuuko.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Page 05, second to last panel.

Dat sky...

Is this watercolor? It looks like watercolor to me.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Well, Toki was supposed to have a shift outside with the sign, and that timetable was showing 14-16 so it makes sense - it was the earliest time when Meguru was in the cafe and Toki wasn't. 10 minutes of wiggle room just so they don't meet at the door or something :P

That's pretty much how I see it. It's a bit confusing when Meguru says to come at 2.10 because we don't know at that moment that Toki's shift is a sign shift - but Meguru does know, and picks that time on purpose.

The best-laid plans of mice and men and yuri protagonists...

I believe this is not quite right.
The best-laid plans of mice and men sometimes work, sometimes fail.
The best-laid plans of yuri protagonists always go sideways, always, no exceptions. :/

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

If a woman spits watermelon seeds at you for five minutes nonstop, and you still love her...
That's true love. <3

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Y la gran escena final de la reconciliación entre Sam y Mon (que incluía a Tee provocando a propósito los celos de Sam para empujarla a actuar) también desapareció; la reemplazaron con una carrera contra el tiempo en que Sam debe alcanzar a Mon antes de que esta se tome un avión.

Esto es lo menos me gustó a mí.
La novela era mejor. Toda esa larga secuencia con Tee y Mon que van a varios lugares juntas como en una cita, mientras Sam en secreto (o eso cree ella xD) espía lo que hacen. Tee la descubre y empieza a provocarla a base de mimos y cariños con Mon, hasta que al fin Sam no aguanta más e interviene... jujuju. La serie tv debió conservar esa escena sin cambiar nada.
En su lugar inventaron eso de que Sam debe perseguir al auto de Mon para evitar que Mon se vaya en avión, y cuando la alcanza se dicen su amor y se reconcilian en mitad de la carretera. Todo muy lindo, pero también todo robado de Imagine Me & You al punto que sólo faltó el "You're a wanker number 9!"

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

This is Donguri KoroKoro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyqUM8gagY

This is the cutest thing ever. If Rika was like this, Natsuko's adoring reaction is justified.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Grandma might be my favorite character, she knows what's up.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Look at Nakano. I love that she is still wearing the earrings Miyako got her.

Actually, I think that she hasn't stopped wearing them since Miyako gave them to her -- not even for one day.

She's like someone who was presented an engagement ring and just can't stop flaunting it, haha.

Oh my gosh you're so right, those earrings are Miyako's gift, Nakano said there weren't her style as they were too big but she hasn't stopped wearing them since then! And now that I realized it I'm shipping Nakano and Miyako! 0w0 I'm sure Nakano loves Miyako but doesn't understand her own feelings yet! Cheer for pimp x ho endgame!

(facepalms) Could you please put it in a cuter & peppier way?
Pimp x ho endgame sounds so sleazy...

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings.

A hundred thousand shounen-seinen manga can take the witness stand and confirm this. o3o

Def onto something. In straight romcom the joke is that the guy often has trouble admitting his love; but in yuri it's funny (or irksome ymmv lol) how often the girls find it difficult to put a name tag on their relationship—even after they told each other their love and did sexual stuff! After School and Sakura Trick are superlative examples ottomh.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

A lot of rl lesbians are crazy about yaoi—and believe that a man shoving his dick into another man's ass is like the hottest thing. Just sayin'.

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Also lmao at all the people not getting that the author is having Kase and Yamada play out a super typical cliché situation of married life in Japan. Kase is playing the husband, Yamada is playing the wife and everyone at Kase's college is playing the husband's workplace. "Sorry, honey, you know how we were going to buy a house with a white picket fence and live together? And we were so happy about it? Well it ain't happening coz my company is transferring me for the next ten years to Burkina Faso and I can't take you with me so you'll have to go back to live with your parents. But hey what's a little ten years, right?"

^ Hear, hear.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Y ese fue el fin de Honda Tae, de quien ya nunca más se supo.

NO!!!

You meanie! (lol)

KasexYamada
Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Wait a fricking moment. What happened with Kyouko's answer?
She should have given a definite yes or no by now!

In chapter 17 she promised to make her decision at the end of their date.

In chapter 18 we find them in the middle of their date.

In chapter 19 the date is over, it looks like it's the following day... AND STILL NO ANSWER?!?!?

I want my money back!!! (Oh right I didn't pay anything...)