Forum › Panel x Magic discussion

joined Sep 11, 2019

Amusing so far despite the lack of yuri but hey, there's always the following chapters and beyond to see where and how it develops

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Ah yes,judge the yuri comic about a girl admiring the female body by saying it's not yuri.

I hope your bar really isn't that low, might as well post any old mostly het crap then if that's the angle we're going for. Don't have to settle nowadays mate, it isn't the early 2000s anymore where we were grateful for any old scraps.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^You know this site isnt a yuri only site right? There's tons of none yuri here- the story does not have to be yuri to be posted here- there are some great manga that are in fact not yuri believe it or not!

As much as I love yuri I will still read stuff that isnt if its good. (even if it would be better with yuri added lol).

Its fine to only want to read yuri here, but I do think some people are too quick to judge works just on their lack of yuri.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 7:25AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I honestly dont care if it turns out to be non yuri. Comedy and despair makes it pretty engaging as well as relatable.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I​ think​ it​ will​ be​ like​ 'ah.. and​ mm..'​ manga​ that​ yuri​ is​ subtle and​ present​s more​ about​ sex-worker​ business​ instead.​ But​ I​ like​ it.​ It​'s so​ refreshing​ to​ see​ manga​ about real​ life​ without​ much​ romance.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 2:00PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I guess it all depends on the quality of work required. Some of the touch up can be done real quick with some tools, like erasing a bit of areola, or "whiting" an area (assuming by that, they do ask to simply put a white circle/square on the ko part), but yeah, toning down nipples or slimming down a model might require more work (though it also depends on several factors).

Having worked as a graphist myself in printing industry, this gives me flashback of one of my worst job where I was required to make adjustements for cards and expected to do nearly 250 a day. Thankfully, a good chunck of that was very minor stuff and in the end, only a bit over half actually require some "real" work, but yeah, you have do dedicate your whole day to that and learn to streamline with tools as much as you can, so you can do a job in just a few minutes. But yeah, sometimes, a work is so botched up to begin with you simply can't do it fast, or it'll come back to you later with a revenge.

The number of work and the deadline is still heavy, especially for a newcomer who they probably don't really know the level of skill, but at this point, it's obvious it's intended to be an absurdly demanding job.

WTF, you had to edit 250 images a day?! You poor wretched thing, I am so sorry. What sort of alterations were they? Outside of doing batch file work, where you basically set up the initial template then hit go, I don't see how that would even be remotely possible even with a pot full of coffee, a fist full of Adderall, and 4 hours of mandatory overtime every day.

That's less than 1 minute 50 seconds per image. I suppose it really comes down to the amount of editing work required, the file types being used, and how much of it can be automated, but if you are running on a bad setup with outdated poorly set up computers, which always seems to the case in places like these that value quantity above all else, then simply opening and saving your files can take more time than you were given to do each of your edits.

Back at my old job, I remember having to troubleshoot and fix a problem I was having with CS 5 taking over a minute to save each of the PNG files we were using. If you had a similarly poor work environment then that would be over half the time you had allotted for each of your adjustment jobs. ~shiver~

After months of minute-long save times and management calling in 2 different failed work orders to the outsourced IT people they used instead of an actual system administrator, I decided to try and figure out the problem myself. (Seriously we had a 100+ workstation network and no full-time system admin or tech department.) Anyway, to make a long story short it just required the removal of adobe drive which I had to have the outsourced Tech team come in for yet again because I didn't have the required permissions to remove it myself.

Anyway, back to my original point before I started on my crappy job flashback, which is that the sort of work she is being asked to do cannot be automated for the most part. These sorts of detailed photo manipulations which involve going in by hand and significantly altering the original high res RAWs of human models are not something you can bang out quickly without running into the uncanny valley particularly if she has never worked on this sort of subject matter before. Having like 11 minutes per photo is insane for a newbie. At my old wage slave job, about a third of my duties were editing the photos I had taken and I did about 50 a day, but those were very limited, fast, and easy touch-up jobs of pictures of items and they were photos I took myself so I could somewhat limit the need for corrections rather than having to correct the work of others like the MC is doing.

You know, after reading this manga, hearing about your 250 a day quota, and remembering my own horrible stint working with photo editing, I think I see a pattern with this kind of work...

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 4:46AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I​ think​ it​ will​ be​ like​ 'ah.. and​ mm..'​ manga​ that​ yuri​ is​ subtle and​ present​s more​ about​ sex-worker​ business​ instead.​ But​ I​ like​ it.​ It​'s so​ refreshing​ to​ see​ manga​ about real​ life​ without​ much​ romance.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm reading "Ah... and Mm..." and the similarities are evident.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

You know, after reading this manga, hearing about your 250 a day quota, and remembering my own horrible stint working with photo editing, I think I see a pattern with this kind of work...

Yeah, the pattern is that production art is sucky work that compensates for it by being very poorly paid.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, I was "supposed" to do 250 and yeah, a good portion of these were only minor adjustement, so could do them in under a minute. Some other, though were badly done from the start (the pics were made by very cheap subcontractors who kept making stupid mistakes, like putting graphics and texts in areas that were non-printable), which required me, in some case, to redo the whole thing. Add to this I was given other tasks on top of that (some I actually refused, like we were at some point asked to do janitorial works, cleaning the whole place, 'cause the boss wouldn't hire janitors), working on an underpowered pc for that kind of job... It would have been impossible to do this amount of work without doing overtime every single day. But as I was paid minimal wages and the boss wouldn't pay overtime because, and I quote "you're not under obligation to do overtime, so I'm not under obligation to pay it", I pretty much went "okay, then, I'm not doing any unpaid overtime as you just said I was not obliged to do them". Well, let's just say that job was very stressful and confrontational and I was glad when it ended... Since then, one of my main concern when I applied to jobs were that the overall atmosphere were decent enough and non-toxic.

But yeah, overall, a lot of jobs tied to arts are rather shitty when it comes to work environment. The most annoying and frequent thing I heard when negotiating wages were "oh, but it's your passion, you should be happy to get the job at all, not ask for any decent wage". Dude, it might be a "passion", I still have rent and stuff to pay. Xx

joined Nov 21, 2018

This manga's cool, even if it isn't yuri. I had to do a lot of reading about the sex industry in Japan for a paper I wrote in college, so it's always fun for me to see that kind of stuff in another form.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yeaaah, methinks I'll probably be dropping this.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Come for the yuri, stay for the office dynamics.

Given that prostitution is illegal in Japan

AIUI anything other than penis-in-vagina is legal.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Page 11, they might look like balloons, but that's how Tsunako always draw boobs and nobody complains.

joined Jul 27, 2014

With the amount of allusions and references to het sex and play this should realllly also have a het tag

joined May 15, 2021

Im enjoying this far too much

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

With the amount of allusions and references to het sex and play this should realllly also have a het tag

But if its a manga that just has allusions and references to tribadism should it then have a Yuri Tag? I feel like that would get flooded by "where is the Yuri" comments

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

The yuri tag on this manga is meaningless. This manga really feel like a documentary on japonese's prostitution rather than a story about a rookie who work in a brothel.
I was expecting to get something like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_wouldnt_mind_being_loved but not. I'm not saying it's bad. But I don't feel invest in the story.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Those two girls from the end, are they twins?

Here
joined Aug 3, 2017

I think the reason that the yuri tag is still here is that there is going to be some development later on. Looking at the authors twitter account that seems to be the case. But I get the impression its going to be hamfisted and generic seeing how this isnt the main focus.

I also agree to adding the bisexual/het tag, if she is explicitly stating sexually acts on men (like ball sucking) it might be safe to say her sexuality is a little bit more open.

Ignoring the yuri this is just pretty much prostitution propaganda. Author is trying to make it seem that its a honorable and respectable profession in itself. Not like a majority of women who take this profession do it because they have no other way to make ends meet. Or that most institution take advantage of these desperate women. But who knows maybe this building to something? But ill stick with it, kinda enjoy raging on it.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

The yuri tag on this manga is meaningless. This manga really feel like a documentary on japonese's prostitution rather than a story about a rookie who work in a brothel.
I was expecting to get something like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_wouldnt_mind_being_loved but not. I'm not saying it's bad. But I don't feel invest in the story.

I'm afraid I have to agree. So far, there's no real sense of yuri in this story. It feels more like a comedy about an office worker who gets involved with the behind-the-scenes for sex work than yuri. The only times we see the MC interact with other girls, they're either too brief or too casual.

The story itself is low-energy, and the buildup is super slow. It's a fantastic change of pace, but calling it yuri, or even shoujo-ai, is sort of a stretch...

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 6:18PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hmm while I like this look into the prostitution industry through another lens, it is pretty dry right now. I don't mind if there isn't any yuri, but it's not really selling me on the character dynamics or personalities (since there barely is any) to get me to care about them. As a story it's kinda like, "where is this going and what's the point of it?" It just feels like a documentary where anybody can be in these roles.

A series that does this really well is https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ah_and_mm_are_all_she_says. That is great manga that gives a good inside look into adult industry while at the same time making you care about the characters (there's also no yuri). It balances being informational and enjoyable effortlessly. I hope that this series can eventually do the same.

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 7:37PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay but are we gonna talk about how fucking creepy that manager was, talking about “sensitivity and color down there” idk if thats the normal way women are vetted but just yuuuuuuck

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This manga's cool, even if it isn't yuri. I had to do a lot of reading about the sex industry in Japan for a paper I wrote in college, so it's always fun for me to see that kind of stuff in another form.

Ooh, what was your paper about?

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's interesting and I will keep reading it. But it's not yuri so can we get that yuri tag removed, please?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Not like a majority of women who take this profession do it because they have no other way to make ends meet.

Statement made without evidence.

Surveys in New Zealand and Australia have found most are doing it for money, not because they love sex with lots of men. But that makes it no different from any other retail job, except other retail doesn't pay upwards of $100/hour worked. Flexibility of hours available is another reason women like it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.