Forum › Posts by 777matriarch777

777matriarch777
School Days discussion 13 Aug 07:20
joined Dec 6, 2019

Trash

One of the kinder ways I'd label this utter garbage

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Ah yes,judge the yuri comic about a girl admiring the female body by saying it's not yuri.

I hope your bar really isn't that low, might as well post any old mostly het crap then if that's the angle we're going for. Don't have to settle nowadays mate, it isn't the early 2000s anymore where we were grateful for any old scraps.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Don't know if you can freely post links, but here's the raw for the epilogue chapter, don't know what's taking /u/ so long to TL this one considering it's a paltry 10 pages, but beggars can't be choosers, so in the meantime here it is in JP. Replace the [DOT] with an actual "."

www[DOT]mediafire[DOT]com/file/50jaakmd8veluuk/warikan_ch21.zip/file

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Personally? I say we wait and see, and probably look out for sources that're more reliable than 4chan.

I hear you and I agree with your general point, but I think you're dismissing /u/ far too quickly/offhandedly, that board has been and continues to be collectively responsible for a lot of translations (look how many releases are under /u/ scanlations on this site alone), information, and creating awareness and "hype" for loads of yuri series, it's not somewhere like /v/ where it's just an endless stream of useless garbage, I've never seen much in the way of disinformation on /u/ and the board contributes a shit load to this fandom/hobby.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Someone linked to this information from a recent "recent releases" thread on /u/ regarding volume 2 of this manga:
https://yuki.la/u/3095393#p3276637

Don't know how accurate the info is (some of it could still be a misunderstanding between protags until more chapters are released that clarify for example) but I'd be wary of it at the very least, seems Yuni went to the Kodama Naoko school of "yuri" bullshittery if it is true though.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

777matriarch777 posted:

What are the odds of us getting the volume extras (like the "first night" chapter mentioned in the description of https://www.cmoa.jp/title/170950/vol/4/ ) translated? I think I vaguely remember reading further back in this thread a while ago that the only things getting uploaded here was the stuff that was free on Pixiv, which I would imagine any extras like that wouldn't be available on there.

We are actually buying the original to support the author, so I think we'll also translate those :)

That is fantastic news if that's the case, very good to know there won't be any stray untranslated chapters then! many thanks for all you do, I know I'm far from alone when I say I appreciate all the effort that it takes to do this stuff.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

What are the odds of us getting the volume extras (like the "first night" chapter mentioned in the description of https://www.cmoa.jp/title/170950/vol/4/ ) translated? I think I vaguely remember reading further back in this thread a while ago that the only things getting uploaded here was the stuff that was free on Pixiv, which I would imagine any extras like that wouldn't be available on there.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

I had a moment of moral clarity :) I didn’t think the mangaka would give me permission, rather reaching out was a form of closure for me in accepting that this (glorious work) is indeed not in the artist’s interest and therefore not in my interest.

It's a good job the rest of the scanlation teams working on yuri works didn't have a so called "moment of moral clarity" or else this site and sites like it would be barren and Yuri wouldn't be even 10% as popular as it has become now in the west. This is all well and good when a series gets licenced, by all means remove it then because that has a direct impact on the income of the author, but it's tough shit really if the author doesn't like it being released unofficially in English because it's not like anyone is going to rush out and buy the Japanese volumes if the English fan translation stops.

Good job the work continues on MangaDex, I love Dynasty but the fact that this can be labelled as dropped when it is in fact still being worked on by those of us that are apparently more "morally flexible" is a huge oversight, thank god for /u/ for alerting me that this was actually still being worked on.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Oh it's Neji not very found of this author

Why?

Yeah Why?!

I have to echo the "Why?" here too, Neji is one of the most consistent and enjoyable authors I've ever read in terms of Yuri manga, out of the 10+ years I've been reading/watching Yuri stuff, "Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo" is absolutely one of the best I've ever read so I'm expecting this to be good too based on her track record.

last edited at Jun 11, 2020 3:41PM

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

On an additional note, the extra pages imply that those two did manage to get together in the end, but doesn't that mean Rinko will die horribly? I thought that was the whole issue and main point of all this time manipulation nonsense.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Man, reading that final extra chapter just felt like so much of the manga eventually was nothing. Author is just like fuck it, and pairs the remaining characters all willy-nilly. All the beginning chapters were basically just to leave you in a state of constant perpetuation and when they finally explain it you're just like "uh... OK". Disappointing how I like this artist's art style both their works have been disappointing.

I definitely agree with your points, their other series I thought was alright though just a bit too short and sudden ending and confession. This one though my god, I'll certainly be wary going into any of their stuff in future that's for sure.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Very rarely do I think I could've handled a series better than the original author but here we are. Anyway, many thanks to all those who work hard to translate these series for us, it can certainly be easy to forget that when we reach the end of a Manga and it turns out to be a complete dumpster fire.

Volume 2 actually has a few extra pages that aren't translated here, I've uploaded the raws to Imgur:
https://imgur.com/a/FJFQwtH

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 6:12AM

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

They're not gay. They're just really best friends with benefits. Also bisexual. But they lean more towards women than men, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, totally Bisexual, totally just friends. I don't think you read the same thing as everyone else here did if those are your conclusions, or you were being sarcastic which would make more sense.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

^^
Maybe this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/yuunagi_marbled

That seems to be the one, even with my shaky and only partially correct statement you've found it - dead impressed.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

There was this one I skimmed not too long ago that I intended to do a proper read of but have since forgotten what the hell it was called, the only thing I think I remember is there being a shot of sandals on a beach with the tide in perhaps the last chapter? A snippet of the premise I think I remember was something like one of the MC having had a crush on someone older who had since had a kid or something? not 100% on that last bit though. Think there was only like 5 chapters or something.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_sunshower_in_winter#12

forever huh?
I hope that lie is true..

Are you new here or something? (ignoring the age of this particular account I'm posting on in case you bring that up) you're acting like Girlfriends didn't have a happy and satisfying ending but we all know it did (apart from you it seems), it's generally agreed to be one of the best in general, so what the hell are you talking about with this bullshit?

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 7:45AM