Forum › Posts by Chantelune

Chantelune
Image Comments 19 Aug 08:56
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014
69725917_p3

yeah, it's the japanese way to write a "counter".

Chantelune
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Librarian guy has accute Hakumei trauma, uh. XD

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

But whose harem ? Mya or Hinata ? >:3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Chapter 20 was a proposal isn't it? And Hana-chan basically accepted.

Marriage proposal, no.
Proposal to become her sweets making slave for life, yes.

It totally felt like a proposal to me and Hana's reply to it was textbook tsundere in my opinion. XD It's not the first time she goes all dere on Miya before saying she meant the sweets, but it feels more and more like a cover up to me. :p

Chantelune
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That was so sweet I'm getting diabete. <3
Also, Ann with her hair down looked even more gorgeous.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That spread of Hana's full on dere was so cute. <3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Ah, what a great way to start a day. <3
Was that a confession of sort toward the end ? Oo

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Tortoise smug face was awesome. XD

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

"that look yummy" while looking at each other, uh ? XD

Chantelune
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

She's not ugly though. She is just not putting her effort to make up.

Lots of different people (including her own mother) are repeatedly calling attention to her appearance, in a negative manner. She doesn't look plain or ugly. She doesn't even look like she doesn't take care of her appearance; her hair is tied up, her face is clean, her uniform is neat, there's nothing sloppy or lazy about her. What the characters are saying simply does not match up with what is portrayed in the art. When the author is telling us one thing and showing us another, it better be some kind of deliberate trickery or metacommentary, because otherwise it's simply failure.

So far, we only saw her wearing her uniform and her mother didn't say anything about her actual physical appearance, just that she wish she would pay more attention to what she wear, implying she wear plain clothes. And other people mostly mentioned her eyebrows when dissing her on a physical level, so I really doubt she's supposed to actually be ugly, just not into fashion nor taking care of herself much and that's enough for a bunch of bitchy high-school girls to call her "ugly".

I agree that there are issues on a lot of mangaka's front regarding supposedly "ugly" characters -in the same way most mangaka who want to do traps just draw a girl and call them a guy without even trying to put in some masculinity- but I don't really get such vibe there because it's obvious that the source is "fashion prejudice".

Chantelune
Image Comments 28 Jul 04:42
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014
41808928_p0

Marisa's fateful meeting with a book in 3, 2, 1...

Chantelune
MOON LIGHT discussion 17 Jul 11:35
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Woah, a doujin with an actual kiss appearing "on page" with lillie and Mizuki ? Now that's a rare treat. :3

Chantelune
Image Comments 15 Jul 04:04
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014
68299329_p1

Yandere level to the max, run for your lives, girls.

Chantelune
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nana-chan and Mi-chan are totally married ! Loving this serie already, so cute and relaxing. <3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The title and cheating tag made me reluctant to read this one, but it was a really fun read in the end. XD

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

From the couple last chapters, it feels like Hana is actually starting to like Mya. That last chapter, she may go for the snacks at the end, but it kinda seems more like a cover up than all there is to it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Loving this, the facial expressions are cute and it's entertaining. ^^

Chantelune
Kanamemo discussion 18 Jun 16:20
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nnng, chapter 46 was so high on yuri, loved it. <3 Thanks for resuming scanlating this, it's a blast from the past, but still so great. :3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Don't get your hopes up, I'm pretty sure the plot demon will get trashed by the princess like every other one in name of her sleep. :p

Chantelune
Image Comments 06 Jun 10:35
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014
Kiss

That was adorkable !

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Damn, after all this time seeing her in those pajamas, those new clothes looks even more awesome on her. <3

Chantelune
Image Comments 28 May 09:42
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014
Notstraight

That smug smile. XD

Chantelune
Ayakashiko discussion 28 May 09:30
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

New chapter, including aki and kuki, made my day with fluffyness. <3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yes! The only flaw in this vn will be fixed!

I'd say one of the two flaw. Apparently, it'll still be 800x600. :/ I find it personally more annoying to have outdated resolution than partial voicing.

As for the steam sudden attack on mature material, I think this might be caused by some parents byuing games for their kids without checking the content, then blaming steam for letting those games in their library instead of questioning their own parenting, leading steam to crack the whip. I mean, they knew those games had this content, in the case of kindred spirits, it even caused some debates. And once those games are purchased, it's no longer steam's responsibility if the users install a restorative patch for adult content or mods adding some.

Also, as another mentioned, if they have issues with kindred spirits, then they can also remove games such as the witchers, mass effects (though the latter aren't on steam), conan exiles, skyrim/fallout who have some pretty mature mods and so on... -.-

To me, this whole thing smells like a PR thing.

last edited at May 19, 2018 5:24AM

Chantelune
New Game discussion 19 May 05:17
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

She's in "stern beancounter" job mode here, remember. Any discomfort about it is vented in more relaxed contexts (ie. among peers and/or on off hours).

After the Aoba incident, she lamented in private that if only she had more power within the company, she could have prevented it from happening.

Now she's got a promotion and all the power to act on her own, and she's doing the exact kind of thing she wanted to have the power to prevent.

Edit: And then when it shows her in her off time after the Hajime meeting, she's still acting reluctant about it.

Yeah, because when you got such a promotion, it's totally time to do as you like using that power based on your feelings rather than being careful using it thinking of the company.

The way Hajime and the rest pushed their project is also kinda questionable in my opinion : base project was refused, so they took it on themselves to do it anyway on their own time, but using the company's stuff and loosing sleep over it, which might actually get in the way of their actual job, undercutting the actual planning team, who in my opinion have good reasons to be annoyed at all this. After all, this causes a precedent of "if you want your project done, start doing it on your free time" which might causes problems in the long run. After all, concerns were raised about whether they would be able to complete the project in time, which implies the teams might have to put on double shift early on without the possibility to refuse as it's them who assured they would be able to do it on time.

Frankly, I see flaws and issues on both side of the table here.

last edited at May 19, 2018 5:17AM