Forum › Posts by Linterdiction

joined Sep 6, 2018

I had no idea ikemen was already in common use to describe women in a yuri context! Truly, gay minds think alike!

Linterdiction
Image Comments 13 Jan 23:50
joined Sep 6, 2018
86915780_p0

Ive seen that doujin

Linterdiction
Image Comments 13 Jan 23:33
joined Sep 6, 2018
Era-s7ruuaa4thk-orig

^^She looks like a happy middle-aged mom!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Neji is a goddess

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

So what’s the story here, this still going?

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch20#23

That was a fucking Hisoka face. I'm afraid for my girl's future...

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

First of all. We have a joke based at subversion of expectations. A girl that appears to be a rich lady talks about them not being equal. Your first assumption is that she's looking down on some maid for even thinking she'd reciprocate her feelings and that she'd lower herself to date her. But then it was subverted by revealing that it's actually maid saying that to the rich lady of the house who's absolutely love struck by her and doesn't care about any of that. Then maid give justifications why she doesn't want to date rich girl and yes, it's all about social hierarchy, structure and outdated norms, but again it's not something we normally see. Usually maid wants to get all the benefit of being rich girl's favorite or in fact, be potentially elevated in status by dating her. Or she simply loves her and is happy rich girl loves her too. But here maid instead is playing into how they're not supposed to be together and she doesn't want to ruin what she already have and is happy with where she is. Rich girl completely ignores her though, cos she doesn't care about consequences, it's all about love, so she presses for the answer and maid tries to avoid answering, but rich girl turns the tables on her again using the love for work she just proclaimed, which involves following the orders of rich girl, since she's maid serving her house after all. The joke is that the lovesick girl that seemed innocent and harmless, suddenly made a 180 and actually used her power to get what she wants from maid. And as people already explained, what she wanted was a answer from maid. Only thing she forced maid to do was answer her confession. And as is clearly shown, maid actually is so charmed by sudden display of dominance from normally passive lady that she gives in and answer her honestly. So yes, rich girl used her power, but it was still a subversion of her normally docile personality. Not her overusing her power to make maid date her. And by the end we see everything worked out well and they're dating happily with maid keeping her work.

This is a really cool analysis, it hits me like seeing people talk about the Star Wars prequel trilogy and George Lucas's ambitions for it--most of it doesn't show up for me when I consume the media, but it's really cool to see the interesting ideas that were underneath. I think this cements my opinion that this needed to be 2 or more times longer to deliver its message in a way that would make sense for me.

joined Sep 6, 2018

This artist has a habit of coming up with really interesting stories and then just ending it, don't they?

Linterdiction
Image Comments 13 Jan 02:19
joined Sep 6, 2018
Eqrb3yqvgaeg9lp-orig

Those clothes are actually sick as hell

Linterdiction
Image Comments 12 Jan 13:14
joined Sep 6, 2018
81658418_p0

^You’re entering the danger zone, my friend.

(For context, Berserker Penthesilea is normally coherent, but she’s driven by deep shame and hatred from the moment of her death, where Achilles killed her in a duel and instead of acknowledging her prowess, remarked on her beauty. So she goes into a bloodthirsty rage when you call her beautiful, and gets belligerent when someone even says something like, “cute” or “beautiful” near her.)

joined Sep 6, 2018

Why is clothes sniffing so blessed? It feels like it should be weird but it’s always so endearing every time it shows up in a manga. I need more of it in this life.

Because it's not weird at all, manga and anime just attempt to frame it that way. Scent is a huge part of human intimacy, not automatically a fetish. It only becomes fetish-level once it becomes (like anything else) obsessive and intrusive.

Huh. I guess you’re right. Thanks, this perspective is actually really helpful!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Why is clothes sniffing so blessed? It feels like it should be weird but it’s always so endearing every time it shows up in a manga. I need more of it in this life.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I think yandere is like, the car crash of tags for me. I know that I won't want to see what a yandere tagged story is going to be, but I also can't help myself from clicking on it every time

You like yandere stories, don't you, Mr. Krabs.

joined Sep 6, 2018

This story is god. I'm so about this. Instant sub. Just like Nakamura-san.

Linterdiction
Lit a Light discussion 05 Jan 21:05
joined Sep 6, 2018

I demand more! I require more!
Why is there not more 80s action movie yuri that isn't a shitpost?!

if only some saint like the creator of Mage and Demon Queen could bring us something like that. Something like...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/drift

what. What. WHAT??! How did I never hear about this?? I see I have been too lax in my cultivation of late. I will definitely put this to correction.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

I can really relate to this chapter (70) more than any other. When I was in my late teens I was working a terrible retail job and one of my coworkers was this space cadet who was always hanging around me. I was standing at counter and I turned to grab something just as she was walking up and she smooshed her boob into mine. Then, realizing she had accidentally smooshed boobs, she turned and whispered “sorry” and I could feel her warm breath on the back of my neck. Instantly creamed my knickers and had to excuse myself to catch my breath somewhere quiet. Later she asked me if I was okay and I couldn’t even look at her.

Lmao this is such a thing, thank you for sharing. This made me think that this chapter is really kind of humanizing, like I feel that, while I enjoy the tension and the gag, this story hanging out in the same territory for so long is starting to lose a little bit of realism; but having a moment like this, where one of the characters gets super turned on by something appropriately natural chips that shell a bit, so to speak.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Y'all I don't think she's a top when she's asleep, she's just revealing her power as a cute needy bottom that has them so wrapped around her finger that it's actually hard to tell who's in control.

last edited at Jan 5, 2021 6:20PM

Linterdiction
Liberta discussion 05 Jan 16:17
joined Sep 6, 2018

pain peko

Linterdiction
Image Comments 04 Jan 22:27
joined Sep 6, 2018
Ejga3pxwkamkknr-orig

What an excellent ship. And FEA yuri in the year 2021?? Maybe we’re back on the good timeline.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

surely god is with us on this day

joined Sep 6, 2018

Poor Arimura, but like, her affection and "love" here is more a parasocial relationship than anything else. She's building up an image of Kusanagi in her head, more than seeing how she actually is. It's unhealthy.

Yeah, this is a really good point. I hope seeing this woman drunk off her ass is good for her.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

Holy fuck I just realized Koguma's hand is in the bottom left of the picture I posted. I initially thought Hino was just looking in her direct, but she's laser-focused on that hand. Wow, that is true thirst.

Hino-san be like,

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

Holy fuck I just realized Koguma's hand is in the bottom left of the picture I posted. I initially thought Hino was just looking in her direct, but she's laser-focused on that hand. Wow, that is true thirst.

Hand Fetish / Finger Fetish?

Yubi Yubi?

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think the premise is on some level alright, but to me the problem is actually in the execution. I read the manga as the mistress commanding the maid to give her a real answer to her next approach, and then bringing the top energy. But I think the flow of the conversation and the specific words used made it seem like she was commanding the maid to go out with her, which is... eh.

On the one hand, I agree with Kirin (as usual) that without the support to keep everything in the realm of fantasy, you run the risk of your scenario resonating with real abuses of power that makes it feel like oppression, rather than sexy fantasy ones á la a BDSM scene. My interpretation--that she was only, "commanding" the maid to give her a direct answer--might be wrong, but if it's right, I think we have less of a case of abuse of power and more of the author/TL team (I can't read JP so I wouldn't know) possibly flubbing the delivery into squick territory.

With that in mind, I think it becomes a question of execution.

Linterdiction
joined Sep 6, 2018

bruh my absolute heart