Forum › Posts by Jananaberry

joined Nov 21, 2018

Sequel to these two, per the afterword:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ive_always_wanted_to_meet_you
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sugary_days

Happy to see another long and R18 work from this artist! His older Watamote! R18 doujins have been formative to me, and probably to that fandom as a whole too...

last edited at May 10, 2024 12:18AM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Short but cute chapter update~ It's nice to see Makino earnestly trying hard for Mashiro~

Jananaberry
Happy Sepia discussion 23 Apr 21:54
joined Nov 21, 2018

Very cute premise and art, thanks for the translation!

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

It's worth remembering here that "Amai" or "Sweet" in Japanese, when used for people, is the same as calling them weak or naive. So that also plays into how Japanese society sees liking sweets as feminine and unmanly.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I'm glad I finally found this manga on Dynasty; I couldn't find "Himawari-san" anywhere and it was only a chance Discord link that led me to "Miss Sunflower." I've been following the artist on Pixiv and always thought the pictures of Himawari-san and Matsuri and the rest of the girls were all very cute, so I took the chance to binge-read it in 3 days (would have been less without schoolwork). Thank you to the translators who kept this alive over the years!

joined Nov 21, 2018

Yeah, "pussy" would be an awful safe word.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this manga's chaotic vibes.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018
Rip

If they manage to sell it, maybe a competent writing team can take over :V

joined Nov 21, 2018

it gave you anxiety?
was it because of the way the dude was drawn?
He just had yaoi face though.
Okay, that's still a red flag, but...

I meant in the more general sense of how cismen can react violently to finding out a woman they're attracted to is trans.

Still, I maintain that I'm not worried at all. I'm betting that the rest of bunnyman's line next chapter will be "-need proper padding," or something along those lines!

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Oh, I hadn't read this one in... A couple years now. I remember liking it at the time, so it'll be fun to catch up.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I think I'd like this more if it was the first chapter for something, setting up ambiguous feelings that get explored later. As a one-shot, it just feels so open-ended as to feel incomplete. I know that sometimes that's what the author is going for, but I'm not so sure about it for this one...

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Yeah, I enjoyed the rougher expressions with this artstyle and story. Scans and translation are a little rough (you can see some yellowing in the lower right hand corner on the last couple pages) but not so rough that the story can't be enjoyed.

joined Nov 21, 2018

She doesn't need to be so embarrassed about that skillful doodle of Ricardo.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I absolutely love witches (can't say if it is related to being a lesbian), so I hope it wasn't used only as a device to get the character in a different world. That being said, I'm kind of confused as to why Rosé was so fascinated with the clothing. It doesn't seem that different to what people in her old life wore and she's dressed like she came from another high school.

Yeah, it was a little odd for her to be so fascinated by what wouldn't have been too different from her presumably European-style fantasy world but to have no issues with speaking/understanding Japanese and using chopsticks.

okay I'm glad this is just the name of a place, not something else I was totally not thinking of

Also my first thought, though thankfully I already knew that Sado is a place so it didn't take too long to figure out :v

joined Nov 21, 2018

This manga was giving me anxiety as it progressed but it's evaporated with this chapter lmao
I hope she and her date have fun :3c

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Oh, I remember this author!
A Love Yet To Bloom started as a one-shot and got serialized, so it's not impossible that we could see these two girls again in the future...

joined Nov 21, 2018

Last chapter of the volume, but it doesn't really feel like a last chapter... Maybe I'm remembering wrong and there is another volume after this?

joined Nov 21, 2018

What were the events that led to this? (I'm wholly unfamiliar with the source material)

I'm not sure if this fanartist might have their own ongoing story between these three, but Raiden Ei is known to disappear into a pocket dimension and let her puppet rule the country in her place for years at a time in the game.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018
Cesarzebrah-1733046115204022366-img1

She's old enough to own a business, so...!

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I can say from experience that someone who smokes doesn't necessarily smell (or taste) like cigarettes all the time.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I think insubordination is a pretty common way to get fired in the US, so it's probably the same in Japan. Satou should probably have seen this coming already (and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out next chapter that she actually did).

joined Nov 21, 2018

But it's an arc that really needed to take place over multiple chapters; in a normally paced story Lillian would be the antagonist of the entire first volume, not just this single chapter.

I'm wondering if we're speedrunning tropes and story beats because the story needs to fit in only one volume or something.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018
Eus_ing-1696884424996954412-img1%20(1)

It's a little funny that the uploader didn't bother with separate tags for Fuwawa and Mococo :V

joined Nov 21, 2018

It's hard to say if the end is underwhelming because the author wrote themselves into a corner or if the manga was cancelled and they only had a few chapters to wrap it up. I hope we'll get a look at things a few years down the line in those upcoming extras.

joined Nov 21, 2018

With the "From what I can tell ...", I don't think that Nanao actually fully appreciates what she is proposing.

It sounds to me like she just googled "how to be friends with someone I had sex with" and settled on this, rather than it being something she's really ok with. Nanao might be ok with putting this specific kind of label on things now just so they (and the plot) can keep moving instead of awkwardly dancing around it, but I think it'll pop up again later.