Forum › Take Responsibility For My Stomach! discussion

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Oh yes. The Chubby tag is always a treat.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 10:41PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

They are like married haha

joined Sep 28, 2017

Oh yes. The Chubby tag is always a treat.

Ah, another connoisseur I see

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 10:47PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

This is funny and interesting but I already expect some people complaining about the way this portrays a serious matter such as eating disorders, self esteem, fattening or whatever,,

Also, not even subtext tag?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I will admit that her target weight of 40kg seems a little low.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 11:11PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

This is funny and interesting but I already expect some people complaining about the way this portrays a serious matter such as eating disorders, self esteem, fattening or whatever,,

I hope it won't happen, because it would be really dumb. This manga is a waffyfest, it's as wholesome and heartwarming as they come. Even the harakiri jokes are just lighhearted fluff. The idea is to teach the readers healthy ways to lose weight through the antics of Ruka and Ritsu, and share one low-calorie recipe every chapter. That's all to it.

Fun fact: I read the whole thing thinking that the two MCs were a lesbian couple. Every new page made me even more convinced. Only at the end I had the idea to check the tags and found that there was nothing about this story being yuri romance and I was like "Huuuuuuh???"

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 11:24PM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

DS might as well tag it as yuri. We know the truth!

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

No way this roomate is gonna last long

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I hate to be that person but she's really not that out of shape. Idk how tall she is but 40kg is like 88 pounds and that seems kinda low. Idk how long its been since they graduated high school but this seems kinda haphazard to try to return to your high school weight when you're already like 2-4 years older. Anyways complaint over.

...Are we sure this isn't yuri? Like sure? Because this was so so so gay. They went through like half of the yuri genre tropes in a single chapter.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I hope it won't happen, because it would be really dumb. This manga is a waffyfest, it's as wholesome and heartwarming as they come. Even the harakiri jokes are just lighhearted fluff. The idea is to teach the readers healthy ways to lose weight through the antics of Ruka and Ritsu, and share one low-calorie recipe every chapter. That's all to it.

Huh, interesting

joined Mar 26, 2021

If she would do some exercise she'd lose weight a bit faster.
Manga is pretty good, we have some food, and recipe to it, so I think i'll stick a little more with this one

joined Apr 2, 2021

This is gonna make some vegan mad haha

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

They actually gave good and accurate dieting advice. I'm impressed!

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Roommate tag does a lot of heavy work around here lemme tell you.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

40kg? Really? Last time I weighed 40kg I was eight years old.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I was wondering where was the subtext tag was as well. But then I saw the Roommates tag and it all makes sense now. For works like these, Roommates is just synonym for marriage XD

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I just did some math and in order for Ritsu to be overweight at 47.5 kg and healthy weight at 40 kg she has to be about 135 cm (4' 5") tall. Based on the picture of their track team I guess that's possible.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I just did some math and in order for Ritsu to be overweight at 47.5 kg and healthy weight at 40 kg she has to be about 135 cm (4' 5") tall. Based on the picture of their track team I guess that's possible.

According to google the average height of Japanese women is 4'9", so that seems entirely plausible .

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So basically Stretch but for dieting ...

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

These manga about dieting and weight loss would be infinitely more compelling if the weights in question were actually healthy and not cripplingly underweight.

Everything about this manga is fantastic except for that one little niggle.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

This one makes me happy

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It is tagged as yuri by Comic Web Newtype. It's even right there in the RAW URL:
https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/yurigohan/

joined May 8, 2011

If she would do some exercise she'd lose weight a bit faster.
Manga is pretty good, we have some food, and recipe to it, so I think i'll stick a little more with this one

Diet is the best and most effective way of actually losing weight. For instance, if you ran at 6 mph it'd take around 15 minutes of doing that to burn off a single 200 calorie donut. So it's a lot more effective to limit your intake rather than to deal with it after the fact.

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 7:26AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I will admit that her target weight of 40kg seems a little low.

I have only read one manga (Plus-sized Elf-san) that acknowledged that the average weight among Japanese women is actually underweight by a global standard.

joined Oct 17, 2016

About the 40 kg. I did the math with a BMI of 19, which seems to be the minimum. Below that you are underweight. And this is already quite thin.

I calculated 1,45 m, which is 4.76 feet.

Looking at the picture on page 11, where she is almost one head smaller and considering she is Japanese, this height might be possible.

In general this fomula might give you some help, you also have to consider muscle mass etc. If you visit the gym, then you will have to calcuate this in. The BMI might say you are already overweight, but because you have 5 kg more muscles than someone your same bodystructure and height, you cant use this formula anymore.

Just use a mirror then. :D

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 8:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.