Forum › Posts by Sangaku

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Listen, I like Virgins' Empire as much as anyone, it's a prettily drawn and charmingly written bit of fluff. But the real reason I get excited when I see a new chapter is it means a new Chads no Teikoku credits page. Those are the real spice I'm looking for in my day!

In all seriousness, thank you so much Chads for all the work over the years (and the consistently hilarious credits pages). You've worked so hard to benefit so many people. You'll always be one of my very favorite scanlation groups.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I will never get tired of the Chads no Teikoku credits page. Seeing those two Chads gazing at each other makes me smile every single time.

Also the credits page jokes are great.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

This is a different note than what you guys are talking about but

Who allowed a recipe like that to be published? Even with the same general concept and aiming for low calories, it can be way better with a few substitutions. Why would you ever use oats for something like this? If you want low calories, lentils will synergize with the flavors better AND have lower calorie count proportionate to nutritional value. And spinach? I assume it's being used purely for nutritional value since it doesn't fit the flavor profile at all, but you can still go with chard to get flavor that goes well with curry spices, and has more fiber as well. This would allow you to chicken instead of prawns if you're still aiming for 400 calories, and remove what I assume was the reason to add bouillon though honestly it's a ridiculous thing to do to a curry in any situation. Quite apart from the fact that cooking the spices and ingredients together allows the flavors to suffuse each other properly, what's the meaning of calling it a curry recipe then?

Speaking of ridiculous, this curry recipe lists curry roux as an ingredient? If it just tells you to add a pre-made curry, how is it a curry recipe? And if you used the butter from the roux directly, you could just cook the oats/lentils separately and cook the rest in the butter in a pan and combine later, to avoid drowning the veggies and meats and maybe even go for a slight char. I know when the Japanese think of curry they really mean stew, but a "dry curry" is still supposed to mean actual curry.

Also, using a blender instead of chopping ingredients is some depression cooking. If your mental health is in such a state that chopping ingredients is a hurdle you cannot pass, use a blender. Otherwise, only use a blender for things that should be blended, not things that should be chopped. Food processors exist for a reason, although as long as your knife is sharp you'll still get a better result chopping by hand.

You guys are right about the weight issue, I didn't even notice because she's drawn as kinda flabby but what she needs is clearly exercise, not diet. If she's looking flabby at that weight, she must have almost no muscle mass. That would also explain why her metabolism is so low that she feels like she gets fat while eating not that much, and feels the need to do excessive things like only eating salad or even going to a 1200Cal/day diet. As a side note, this kind of thing is apparently a pretty common problem in Japan and part of why they're so susceptible to minor illnesses like colds.

Honestly, this feels like the mangaka is just writing her own thoughts without any actual underlying knowledge. It's not a health manga, it's not really a yuri manga (maybe it will be but I wouldn't count on it) and as a food manga it leaves a lot to be desired. I will probably read at least a few chapters more because the characters are fun and interesting, and see where it goes from here, but if the recipes are like this I'm liable to have a conniption over every single one.

Excellent critique. I had many of the same thoughts myself, particularly about the oats being replaced with lentils (possibly because I am eating lentil tacos this week). If we get more chapters from this manga, I hope you will stick around and provide corrections for all the recipes. It would be a great help to many, I am sure.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I just did some math and in order for Ritsu to be overweight at 47.5 kg and healthy weight at 40 kg she has to be about 135 cm (4' 5") tall. Based on the picture of their track team I guess that's possible.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

40kg? Really? Last time I weighed 40kg I was eight years old.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

If someone teased me in real life like this author teases in the manga I would have nothing to do with them. Yet here I am, reading this manga still.

Sangaku
Lost discussion 12 Jul 01:25
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I really like Sal Jiang's art, and I would even if their work was just fluff; but I truly admire their willingness to tell stories that hit at some of the less seemly parts of life and relationship. Every time you read a Sal Jiang story you're in for a ride, and this one is no exception.

I knew what I was in for as soon as Hinata said, "If you don't like guys, then that just means you must like girls," I knew what I was in for. It was like the first big crest on a roller coaster, the one that pauses just long enough for you to see the whole thing laid out ahead of you before plunging into the first steep dive.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Did you know that the characters in the name "Nagori Yu" can also be read as "Never Disappointing"?

Sangaku
Secret discussion 13 Jun 22:10
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Well, it wouldn't be Sal Jiang if you didn't go "Yikes!" at least once.
All things considered, not a bad oneshot at all.

#accurate

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Mari and Yuu are so great together. The depiction of a loving yet immature relationship is so spot on. It makes me want to cheer them on and hope that they can weather the changes that will come for them both in the next ten years of their lives.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Sal Jiang is so great. I will read anything they produce.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Even through the translation I can tell that the song lyric is a good poem. I would be interested to listen to it in the original.

Sangaku
Image Comments 08 Feb 21:18
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018
Etmiweeuuaevfnw-orig

Byleth still armed, even here

Sangaku
Image Comments 08 Feb 21:16
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I absolutely agree. Many thanks to Futomomoe and may you be blessed.

Sangaku
Collectors discussion 24 Jan 17:13
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I really like the way Nishi-sensei introduces and uses their male characters. They are there to establish the ladies' personalities or backstories, and to show how strong their relationship is to each other. Male characters in yuri don't need to exist just for unnecessary drama or conflicts! This chapter is a very good example!

Well said, blue_bee29. I agree.

And I can't tell you all how happy I am that this series continues to get updates. Many thanks to Nishi Uko-sensei and to Lililicious for the work in bringing it into being and bringing it here in translation.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Mahiru and Mahiro are now my official favorite couple in this series. Their love is so much more developed than everyone else. All the other girls can only hope to aspire to their level one day.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

This was so wonderful! What a great ending. I teared up multiple times. So many of the stories on Dynasty these days are reminding us of the simplest, most important thing about being human: just love people. It makes me so happy.

Many thanks to Murata for a beautiful series, and to Arousing Imouto and Wild Creature Scans for the hard work in bringing it to us in translation. Next stop: official English release!

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I am loving every minute of this. I'd read it if it went to 100 chapters.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Happiness isn't found, it's made.

Let's all remember that.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

This anthology sparks joy.

Sangaku
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

"I'm buying four cream puffs. Oh, all four are for me."

Most accurate drunk shopping dialogue ever.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Oh my

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Added to Favorites immediately. This retro-style art is great. I will be pleased to see anything this artist is pleased to show me. Thanks SAD for another top-quality release! You rock!

Sangaku
Image Comments 22 Sep 00:52
Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018
Dw0zzovu0aazvn_-orig

This artist is off the hook great

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I understand the logic of this ship, but what's the future hold for them? Millions of years of this violence and hatred repeated over and over and over again?

My very first yuri doujin experience was reading "Night Sparrow in Love". I had never heard of Touhou before, and knew nothing of the world of GL stories. I was blown away, and from that moment on I was and always will be a Mokou/Mystia shipper.