Forum › Posts by revkar

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Seeing myself in Kaede and reading those comments feels bad man, but then again I knew it was bad already lol. I kinda like that progress is happening again compared to some chapters a while ago that felt like a drag.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Dun like this.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Friends, lol.

revkar
Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

People be warned again: in Japanese, I'm pretty sure the blond guy doesn't employ any pronoun.

The translator went to great lengths to gender Rika as a "he", even in the mouth of the other characters, and it's coming back to bite them, because Japanese can do completely away with pronouns when referring to someone else. So, by using masculine pronouns, the translator changed the relationships dynamics.

Here, the guy is probably thinking that he likes Rika as a girl and that's what makes him conflicted, because it's really important for Rika to be seen as a boy by someone, so it's a form of betrayal.

When people read "I like him" in English, they read it as yaoi, when it's not the point here. Satsuki isn't gay. He's attracted to Rika as a girl.

Good intentions from the translator are misleading you.

On the other hand, Rika seems, at this point of the story, to be attracted to girls, so, in the end, this manga may end up completely Het.

That's the impression I got and I don't feel like the translation veers away from it? Like contextually it seems to be the obvious answer that he's thinking "fuck I like him as a girl and that's not good", at least that's how it read to me even with the pronouns and all that. I don't feel it's impossible he'd like him as a guy too, but the first case seems more likely given how the sequence of event went. Like the moment he says "I like him" isn't necessarily "I like him as a man" but he still is reframing and correcting himself and viewing Rika as a guy, and next chapter work through his thoughts and feelings more maybe. I don't know, I haven't read the japanese but you seem hellbent on attributing bad faith to the translation when, you haven't seem to have read the original either.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 5:20AM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I'm honestly surprised to see so many people side with Adachi having a full blown meltdown over Shimamura hanging out with an other friend. Honestly through the entire story, Adachi possesiveness and the entire one sidedness of their relationship creep me out.

I wouldn't really say it's "over shimamura hanging out with someone else" alone, more of a straw broke the camels back situation. Granted, I don't really think it's Shimamura's fault that it happened, but that stuff has been building up in Adachi for a good while.

I still see both character's situation, been there done that with both the meltdown and telling someone else to basically fuck off and the discussion on this thread has been fun to read so far with how split the opinions are on kinda who's "right or wrong".

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 3:06PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

So with that in mind I find it perfectly in character for her to not feel like dealing with a hysteric, blubbering Adachi in that moment.

If you can't be bothered when a friend is clearly in pain then you're not much of a friend. So realistically things would be pretty much over at this point, and rightfully so.

Yes you've figured it out, bravo, this is two people who are not exactly in an healthy friendship. Adachi is obsessive, Shimamura doesn't care about much. It's not like Adachi has the mental to be like "well Shimamura doesn't seem to care about me, I should stop having her in my life" if she did she wouldn't have been a crying mess on the phone in the first place.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

This was incredibly uncomfortable jfc. Especially as someone who can relate to adachi there, the guilt of letting it out but also being unable to contain it past a point and that answer from shimamura, probs would've puked too. And I don't blame Shimamura becaus Ive also answered like that before.
I hope the atmosphere clears out after a few chapters after this, the oppressive feeling throughout this manga and it blowing up totally here, it'd be unfortunate to return to the previous status. Doubt the situation will resolve in a chapter, but once it does a slight tone shift would be nice

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Kicking a problem down the road and have it snowball should be a relatable experience to most people to some extent ngl

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Why does she have band aids on each fingers ?

She's been learning the guitar the Uncle gave her.

I now feel like an idiot cause that's obvious lol

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Why does she have band aids on each fingers ?

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Ughhhh that chapter end

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Suicopath lol

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That Marika is a brat and Aya is a brat tamer. I did this with my ex. The important thing in BDSM is to have a safe word, which they do mention in the light novel.

I wish that the scanlator could educate people like in the translator notes about brats and brat tamers.

Um, you're free to have whatever headcanon you like to justify enjoying noncon if it makes you feel better, but let's not make things up and then tell off the translators for not appending your headcanon to the release. This interpretation is entirely in your head. They never mention anything about safe words or BDSM at any point.

So much this. Even knowing that kind of dynamic exists, why ever assume that's what was intended to be portrayed there without prior mention of anything that alludes to it?

revkar
Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Well that's rough

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Am I missing a few chapters? I don't see the big bad drama.
Yes, Aya's confused and shocked that her "Onii-san" is actually a girl, but that's pretty much it. She's not fallen into depression from it (yet?). Her world isn't falling apart (yet?). It's only just started to sink in, we don't even know her reaction to it, really. We've had two pages/*four panels* for her to react to it. This is being blown so out of proportion...

Arguing from the basis that Mitsuki has "deliberately misled another person in a way she knew, or should've known, would cause them great pain if they found out (as we saw happen in this very chapter)" is grossly misrepresenting what we've been shown (so far).
Asserting that it's "purely in order to preserve this pseudo-friendship pseudo-romance thing she had going on with her" is likewise ludicrous. The more likely explanation is how incredibly awkward fixing the situation would be for Mitsuki, who you might have noticed isn't the most outgoing and self-confident type.
There's a reason people stay in the closet for years or keep presenting as their assigned gender despite being trans, and it's not in order to deliberately mislead people in a way that would cause them "grievous harm". It's to avoid a presumably incredibly awkward situation that might amount to a social catastrophe.

(come on, we need only a couple more posts to hit 1800!)

Drama already happened a dozen pages ago or so, it just happened again over the same topic lol.

And chiming in as a trans women, I present like a guy cause it's easier for me atm, that'll eventually change but whatever. If people assume im a guy and are interested in me well too fucking bad for them lol like they're not entitled to any information + it'd be akward as fuck depending on context. The context for Mitsuki ( yes I know not trans before someone inevitably points it out ) would be incredibly akward for someone who doesn't seem to be the most socially at ease person. As it's been pointed out before, she tried to clear up the misunderstanding once and kinda fucked it up, and like do you all really see yourself going to someone you occasionally see at the store you work with "yeah uh so, I've noticed you're crushing on me and fyi im not a dude." like that'd be such an akward and uncomfortable moment for anyone, nonetheless someone who's not the biggest social butterfly out there. Idk why people need that shit spelled out to them, there's no ill intent it's just an akward ass situation lol idk why people are up in arms about morality and shit, the story hasn't even really made a big (negative) deal about it so far.

On the topic of fashion I know nothing about it but they look good and people who disagree with me are incorrect >:)

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Arai never misses. I love this series, "The Real Momoka," and "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All." Hopefully, one day in the foreseeable future we can get closure to this series!

Well this just explained why I like the real momoka this much. Author doing such a good job with the art

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 5:56AM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Gay hand holding

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I fucking squealed when she told him to not say anything

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

revkar posted:

Still this uncanny suffocating feeling present all throughout

My bet is that it's gonna feel this way until Shimamura realizes or feels the same way, but this manga has an odd schedule ... I was like "yaaayy finally we're past the anime and previous manga!" but now the releases (from the source) became sporadic

Yeah probably, it's just a really strange feeling that this manga specifically has. It feels strange that this story gives that feel, while usually things like it don't. Probs has to do with the panneling and art on top of the story. In any case, the people working on the manga are doing a p damn good job.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Still this uncanny suffocating feeling present all throughout

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I like the premise.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Whelp time for her to realize it isn't Maron she's in love with she's just addicted to hookers at this point when she goes with the number 1 and gets her mind blown.

Kinda hope it goes that way ngl, or even more, she gets greedy and wants both women lol

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Just a reminder that trans women exist and some retain fertility for those that are having a meltdown thinking author can only be straight. Bi people also exist.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I just redead the whole series, and the last two chapter did feel pretty abrupt with them inviting her to live with them and the instant resolve of her "What's romantic love and who should I choose?" although the way it was done with the nightmare and all was fine tbf. Chapter 31 could've been split into two chapters to give more time to see some thinking happen, but it flows fine enough reading through the whole thing again.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Aya blushing just gets to me, she's so fucking cute.