Forum › Posts by Nevri

Nevri
Arknights! 27 Feb 08:38
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nevri posted:

I didn't bother to figure out how to make Hellagur solo line properly yet and how to deploy Eyja to make sure she survives and gets the job done.

Nvm. I managed to make Eyja x Hellagur duo work.

Rye posted:

Y'all trust farming already? I'm doing the Ceobe part... I'm using Utage in every map. Yep! I want that skin.

I cleared all stages first so I can just spend ap without thinking and then focus on Rougelike. I played it a lot yesterday. Had 1 great run where I started with 2 snipers, dropped ranged units dmg + 25% and then bought snipers + 40% dmg, but 40% less max health xD Later I dropped another + 35% to ranged units x3. It was going great, but sadly I lost to Sonics. I was still doing pretty well, but got overwhelmed at the end.

Nevri
Arknights! 27 Feb 06:31
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

I tend to always use a "meta" team when I'm first clearing new maps so I pretty much end up using the same 12 or 13 operators every time until I decide I feel like doing a map again. Which I don't really do unless I'm trust farming and even then I'm using the same operators I usually do to clear it easily.

Pretty much the same.

For example I'm using Thorns + Eyja to trust farm RI-8 since apparently they can duo that map without needing to be maxed.

I also use Eyja to trust farm RI-8. How do you use her? I need 4 operators, but that's mostly because I didn't bother to figure out how to make Hellagur solo line properly yet and how to deploy Eyja to make sure she survives and gets the job done.

last edited at Feb 27, 2021 6:31AM

Nevri
Arknights! 25 Feb 16:29
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Thanks. Goodluck with your rolls especially since you're aiming for a limited.

Thanks! So I thrown 3 tickets from event and got nothing. Decided to roll 7 more times to make it a 10 roll and stop at that. Got another Aciddrop and Blue poison (she's pot 3 now) and next to last roll was 6 star... Phantom ;v I mean since he's a fast-redeploy lowering cost is great, but he's not Snek...

Really funny that Tomimi based her entire plan on romance novels. She knew what she was after and I'm pretty sure she considered getting spanked by Gavial a reward for all the trouble.

Yes xD

Already planning on building Tomimi next. Definitely not meta but will use for funsies. Planning on using on every event stage when I can.

Yea. I think I'll build her for memes too and because she's just so darn adorable.

Nevri
Arknights! 25 Feb 13:38
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

The entire event's plot as a Gru meme (spoilers maybe?)

OMG! That's hilarious xD Tomomi is so adorable, makes me want to build her regardless.

last edited at Feb 25, 2021 1:38PM

Nevri
Arknights! 25 Feb 12:21
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

THICC snek came home. So happy. Didn't have to use all my 165 rolls. Instant E2 for the THICC and FEET. Bonus E1 line which has ship tease between her and Lancet. I think it's cute.

Gj!

I thrown 1 10 roll and 10 tickets, but no Snek for me. I could roll more, but I need to be strong for Rosmontis. Also got Meteorite and Flint in first 10 roll so that was something. Dropped a lot of 4 stars, but only 1 Aciddrop from third ticket.

last edited at Feb 25, 2021 12:21PM

Nevri
Arknights! 25 Feb 11:23
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

There's another limited banner on CN. That's 3 in a row, isn't it? ...that is FGO level of bad.... Its Rainbow Six Siege btw.

Well. Nian rerun banner doesn't really count and I saw the news about welfare, but didn't know there'll be entire banner. And limited on top of that. Also yes. My body is ready for event and to not drop Thicc Snek Gundam.

EDIT/ Nvm, I just saw CN will have W event rerun, so that's what you meant.

EDIT 2/ Ok, I missed it but they also mention some Rainbow Six Siege banner. Idk how much I like that.

last edited at Feb 25, 2021 11:35AM

Nevri
Loading kinda slow 22 Feb 05:29
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

DC3 posted:

Same. I think maybe it has to do with Dynasty using high image quality with no option to choose compressed images. Though I only have my slow-ass internet to blame.

That actually depends on scanlation group. Some try to lower the size of images, while others upload insane sizes.

Nevri
Arknights! 21 Feb 11:57
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Ah you're right my bad. I was just confused to why Suisei was mentioned. Rereading the post, I get it now. Rye got Ch'en cause she was guaranteed. I just don't get the connection with Suisei lol.

I think they were just calling Ch'en Suisei jokingly, but since I don't know who Suisei is, idk if there's any connection or similarity.

Nevri
Arknights! 21 Feb 08:40
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Got Top OP tag a couple of days ago as well. Suisei again. I could've let it go random but decided to use the Nuker tag to guarantee Che'n for the 24 free attack.

Suisei??? I'm gonna assume this is a typo and you're referring to SilverAsh since he's the only other 6 star you can get with Top Op + Nuker.

Actually, Top Op + Nuker guarantee you Ch'en. SilverAsh doesn't even have nuker tag.

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Maybe it's because I always valued more beliviable world bulding, but I was always bugged by the "all female high school where every prominent character just happens to be lesbian and they're all friends and/or connected to each other." Like, what are the odds? It took me a while to realize that this kind of "everyone is a lesbian" setting is just a wish fulfillment and nice fantasy for homosexuals. I understand why that kind of story might appeal to people and reading it once in a while is definitely nice, but I think I'm more sharing the sentiment of "having them live in world with men and still wanting to be with other women" just shows how much stronger their feelings/sexuality is (fun fact, I was told Nakatani also shares that view-point). Also while I of course am biased towards preferring all female cast (mostly cos I don't trust authors to not fuck it up), I can see value in positive representation of men in works with mainly lesbian cast. For you being called out for saying it specifically, can't be sure without proper context, but it kinda sounds to me like the person who said that was being very extreme (I have hard time properly explaining what I mean and I need to go now).

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 8:12AM

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

circamoore posted:

it isn't actually part of the main story, it is a separate one shot first released with a limited edition of the Japanese volume 7 for the series, but also being sold separately.

So I was right it was a doujinshi.

discovering Uta's romantic feelings didn't discourage her (she even drew comfort from it)

Yea. She only pretended nothing happened for next few days and then when she finally decided to confront Uta about it, she was disappointed she didn't deny it, because she didn't want to destroy what they had and in general she only felt conflicted by them. She confronted Uta hoping she misunderstood her and she wasn't in love with her and once she confirmed it, she made sure that's it and soon it'll be all in the past. Again, I feel like we read different stories. Are you sure you're commenting in right thread?

Nevri
Arknights! 19 Feb 17:12
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Well one thing to note is 777ucky said maxing Tomimi was something he really regretted so yeah... probs someone you'd never use. Won't say no to operators with interesting skillsets though, whether they're actually useful or not.

Her base skill is neat, but sadly requires E2, so I guess there's at least 1 reason to invest in her.

Nevri
Arknights! 19 Feb 11:31
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tomimi is really cute, but I don't understand when you'd ever want to use physical dmg caster outside like CC with sniper ban? Not to mention her range when skill is active makes her almost unusable.

last edited at Feb 19, 2021 11:32AM

Nevri
Arknights! 19 Feb 08:44
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Meanwhile Ceobe finds some mushrooms and gets high.

You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention. Seriously though, why does it sounds exactly like something Ceobe would do xD?

very similar to Wolumonde and Darknights

Nice, since outside of CC, this is my favorite format.

Main things to farm are RMA, Sugar, and Rock if you hate 1-7 while also getting event currency for the shop.

RMA? Awesome! I was dying to know when there'll be event where we can farm it or Ore. Wish we got it earlier so I could use my new year's pots on it though... Well I don't hate 1-7 since I didn't farm it in ages. I farm all my Cubes while farming something else and if I need Clusters or Concentrations, I just farm 6-5 for Clusters.

Nevri
Arknights! 19 Feb 08:04
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

From the talk about roguelike here before I was under the impression it's a permanent addition to the game, but now I'm learning it's only available seasonally? That's a huge letdown. What is the Gavial event?

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Funny you ask https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/663030

last edited at Feb 18, 2021 6:54PM

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

zensunni posted:

I appreciate that opinions can differ, but I don't really UNDERSTAND why so many people didn't see this ending coming. It was hinted at throughout the manga.

Lol. Nobody said they didn't see it coming.

Kaoru pretty much came to the realization, through the events that occurred, that it was really Uta that made her life livable all along and not her brother, especially knowing that her brother had only married her because of a sense of guilt based on his last conversation with her dying mother. There were several scenes that hinted that she might be developing feelings beyond "sisterly" feelings for Uta earlier in the story, which were always commented on by readers and frequently highlighted on the credits page by the translators. You can say what you will about the "rushed" or "time skip" ending being an issue, but, frankly, any ending where they got together where there wasn't a significant amount of time between when Kaoru's marriage ended and she realized her growing feelings for her former sister-in-law, now roommate, would have seemed FAR too soon and a bit contrived after the way she left things the last time they talked, which was, pretty much, 'I still love your brother, but you were the person who kept me grounded and made me feel like I had a real family and possibly the person I truly needed to have with me all along.' Going from that directly to, 'I've changed my mind and I think I've fallen in love with you!' would have come across as false. Putting time between those events and Uta moving in with her, allowing Kaoru time on her own to become more her own person and then more time after they started living together again for her to come to grips with her real feelings makes much more sense. However, those would have been BORING manga chapters, so a time skip makes a lot of sense.

Nice fanfic you wrote there. Also I don't understand why you put it into spoilers? You think it's controversial idea or something and hope people who disagree happen to not read it, because they'd be afraid of spoilers?

Nevri
Arknights! 17 Feb 09:29
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm annoyed. I'd pull risk 27, maybe 28 if my Ange had M3. I almost have all the mats, but I won't train her in time and I can't pick her from support cos to do it I need E2 Bagpipe and I still didn't invest in mine, so fuck me.

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

I realized author probably wanted to address both how they got together and if they got together, which was terrible idea. For explaining how, they'd need to pretty much rewrite entire series, so the only options that made sense, was to just make a bonus chapter showing how lovely-dovely and disgustingly adorable Kaoru and Uta are together as couple. Pretty much just show them living married life and being happy together. But instead what we got is this drunk mess that as Uranus said, pretty much ruined both the previous ending and entire series as a whole. Reading everything else become pretty much pointless, since reading that 1 chapter solves entire issue and gives you everything series promised.

EDIT/ I figured I can write it here as well, but damn, didn't think you'll write it as well xD

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 4:53PM

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

Everyone understood that they got together

And now it turns out they actually were not together.

Yea. Didn't bother to post it in reply, but the half the reason people were pissed at the ending was that the status of relationship wasn't even clear. Like sure, most people were assuming that they got together, we had no clue when or how, but they did. But it was still only assumptions and guesses and scenario where they're not together was still just as plausible considering everything that we knew. So it's funny that most people still decided to interpret them as at least going out, even if it didn't make sense considering the last thing we knew about characters feelings and thoughts, we probably just didn't see it and all the growth and progress happened off screen. And now author just officially confirmed that the epilogue that people were 100% sure showed their happy ending and we were just stupid to not understand it, the necklace, don't you see the necklace!? it's the same! It's all by confirmed! was in fact of them not dating. What a farce of the series. This author has no clue how to write a long running series and you can't convince me otherwise.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 4:25PM

W
joined Jun 5, 2015

It feels like a doujinshi of the series.

Nevri
Arknights! 15 Feb 10:10
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

THRM-EX doesn't have the support tag.

Yea. I meant Castle. I still need 3 pots to max him. Lucky Lancet needs only 1. Since robot tag never shows up for me anymore and I got spooked with 5 stars only like 2 times, I figured I might as well try getting castle using support tag and sacrificing few 4 stars to finally max pot him. Of course the 2 times I tried doing it and lower timer to allow 1 stars, I got the tag crossed out. Yuri damn it game.

And yes, you'd need to set your timer to 3:50 since 4 hours eliminates your chances of getting 1 star operators and the problem with this is that lower times decreases the chance of a tag sticking.

I meant that I got several guarantee tags crossed out at 9 hours, which is really frustrating, when 99% of time you get trash tags and then when you finally get something good, it gets crossed out.

last edited at Feb 15, 2021 10:18AM

Nevri
Arknights! 15 Feb 06:39
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

It's highest risk clears for the support's owner. My highest is only 20 so that's what shows up regardless if the ones who borrowed by Ceobe cleared a higher risk than me. Someone actually cleared risk 18 with my Ch'en but if you were to see my Ch'en in the support list, you wouldn't be able to see that since I didn't actually bring my Ch'en to my own risk 18 clear.

Och! So it works like that! That's still cool, but in different way. That means all my supports show up with 22. Neat.

I do wish the Robot tag is a guarantee. My robots are still not max pot despite just getting the 500 recruitments medal.

Yea. And I didn't see robot tag in ages... Yesterday I got support, so I tried to get THRM-EX and of course it got crossed out >.> I wish tags were guarantee to stick if you pick damn 9 hours though.

Nevri
Arknights! 14 Feb 17:04
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

I thought numbers next to supports were highest risk clears, but myrrhmidon's Ceobe still has 20, despite me clearing 22 with her?

Nevri
Arknights! 14 Feb 15:01
W
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

^ Easy? Pffft I gave up on that shit. I'll take the easy way out. Unless I find a way to do it with what I have on YT.
Yesterday was tight but not SUPER hard. W ended up tanking fully powered up javelins for a around 30 seconds, I love this crazy woman.

Yea. I had pretty good setup for yesterday's daily, but still couldn't really pull off max risk, so I settled for 8 as always. Same for today's. Doing it normally was pain enough with figuring timings etc and with movement risk and tiles ban my setup fallen apart, so like screw it. I don't have Suzuran, Silverash and Thorns to even attempt doing the "easy" way (not that I want to anyway). I guess this CC I'm really happy I'm doing all the risk 8s relatively easy and didn't need guide even once. Next one hopefully I'll M3 all my favorite operators and have varied enough roster to deal with anything they throw at me. I'm working on risk 25 for perma map, but I reach the point where I really am feeling lack of all relevant M3s, so I guess I'm hitting my limit. Hopefully next CC I can aim for max.

Rolled one final 10 roll. 6 star bag.
Fucking Saria again. I got a couple of 5* pots at least. I think I saw Blaze will be in the shop in like half a year...guess I'll have to wait. No luck on Bagpipe.

pat

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Meanwhile I'll hid myself with my crackship Exusiai x Jessica.

I haven't seen any of that ship but I have seen some Dobermann x Jessica images though. I read a fanfic with Vanilla x Deepcolor too.

It comes from the fact that my default snipers are Executor, Exusiai and Jessice, so I kinda started to imagine that Exusiai and Jessica are into each other and Executor is a wingman.

last edited at Feb 14, 2021 3:03PM