Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Somehow, this is one of the most wholesome things I've ever read.

I know that says a lot about me.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wow! Hats off to the writing in this manga!

In case you blinked and missed it, Azul in this chapter explains Utena's power, her faults, her own weakness, while also looking baddass and taking names.

• We learned that Utena's power is literally a warped form of "Love"
  • We also learned that Utena's love is one sided, she cannot accept love she can only give. This also reframes the title: - " Looking up to Magical Girls", as Utena feels herself beneath them.
  • And finally we learned that in their previous fight Azul only accepted Utena's "love", and could not return it, that's why she ended up in that state.

Funnily enough the key to beating Utena seems to be loving her back?!

That's brilliant, actually. Now I ship Utena x Azul even more...

joined Jul 26, 2016

...I don't think Azul can be considered an unbiased analyst, mind you. Though the paradigm works for her at least.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Also what ever happened to Enorme? Did Vena kill her?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also what ever happened to Enorme? Did Vena kill her?

It certainly looked like Vena had Gigant kill her, at least, although it's hard to know for sure, seeing how Vena is now also keeping Gigant as a personal secret weapon.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I do hope that Magenta gets more development soon. She's the least developed out of all the characters so far. I'm still holding out for Baiser x Magenta because I thought they were cute together in the beginning, but looks like they've been giving us a lot of Baiser x Azul instead haha.

This series just keeps getting better and better.

Well ... About this... the inspiration of Utena/Baiser is Kumiko and the inspiration of Sayo/Azul is Reina, so ... it's expected that the focus will be on them ... haha ​​...

interesting....

i mean, if it goes that way, it's fine with me haha. im just a sucker for leader x leader so that's usually my preferred ship (and their civilian interactions were really cute in the beginning of the story). I still want Magenta to get more development soon though!

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

The way I ship Asul and Utena so badly

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

^^^^^^^^

The S to her M!!

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 11:23PM

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

OMg Is ThaT a pOkeMon referENCE?! it's so cute that the lovebirds were blasted together ... ahhh this side couple is my treasure!

"Team Rocket is blasting off again!" XD
I was smiling so hard when they blasted off like Jessy and James always did! Pure Gold :)

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

So much happened in the last chapter that people people (including me) overlooked Azul's "It is too early for that" (i.e crying)

So goddamned cool.

last edited at Apr 22, 2021 11:10AM

joined Jan 20, 2021

So much happened in the last chapter that people people (including me) overlooked Azul's "It is too early for that" (i.e crying)

So goddamned cool.

I swoon

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Blues are so cool.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lizbo posted:

Blues are so cool.

How dare you...

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

AH I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH, THIS CHAPTER WAS SO GREAT, AAAAAAAAAAA. I want to reread the first few chapters with azul now, god i love this

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Baiser was merciless in the special chapter. Gave the onlookers quite a show.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Yep, absolutely love this series XD

joined Feb 21, 2021

Yup theyre endgame

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm so glad that one of the few masterpieces of the century happens to be a yuri work

joined Mar 20, 2021

But the hotel...

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Best flirting ever.

Nathaniel Kamb
Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

^^ It's where it has to be... In our hearts

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

That's what they call mutually assured destruction in the biz

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Best flirting ever.

Yup, just two perverts playing with each other.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Kiwi: is head over heels for Utena, hangs out with her, try to go on dates with her, the two shares an 'if we survive this' oath, has had sex with her, is horny for aftercare. Comments: mehh

Sulfur: is mean towards kiwi. Comments: whoo ship!!

Azul: is horny for baiser bdsm. Comments: whoo ship!!

You guys are shipping the comedic parts, and i honestly dont think Utena can have a healthy relationship with anyone from tres magia

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kiwi: is head over heels for Utena, hangs out with her, try to go on dates with her, the two shares an 'if we survive this' oath, has had sex with her, is horny for aftercare. Comments: mehh

Sulfur: is mean towards kiwi. Comments: whoo ship!!

Azul: is horny for baiser bdsm. Comments: whoo ship!!

You guys are shipping the comedic parts, and i honestly dont think Utena can have a healthy relationship with anyone from tres magia

I don't think she could have with Kiwi either. Utena's whole character is about BDSM and breaking magical girls. I don't think Utena view Kiwi other than an annoying partner.

To reply you must either login or sign up.